Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Liam
    It's becoming more and more apparent that this is the preeminent relationship not only on Atlantis, but the Stargate franchise. The only reason for some of the PTB's actions is to play with the S/W ship. Because they could've done it all differently if they wanted. But you know they gotta realize just how popular this pairing is.

Wouldn't surprise me that if in five years or so, when the series is all done and the Wraith are defeated, and as John and Elizabeth look out over their city, he turns to her and asks "You wanna get some coffee or something?" And she replies "I thought you'd never ask."

I'm officially calling it. Series finale. They fly off into the sunset on a puddlejumper.
    I like the way you think, Liam...
    I can live with that scenario coming at the end... as long as we keep getting hints of something brewing throughout the show.
    Last edited by Easter Lily; 19 August 2006, 03:00 PM.
    sigpic
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
      How about both?
      hehe, you know at this rate I may actually have to come up with a name for the AU...

I'm a little hesitant to write the Sam and Jack piece because... it will have a sad ending and I'm not a Sam and Jack shipper.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
        I'm a little hesitant to write the Sam and Jack piece because... it will have a sad ending and I'm not a Sam and Jack shipper.
        ahem....

So? Get to it!

a time to mourn

Comment

For those who believe it when one of TPTB say they have never seen S/W or R/T ship - go watch last night's episode of SG1 "200".

Those guys don't miss a damn thing the fans discuss - not one! *LMAO*

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
            For those who believe it when one of TPTB say they have never seen S/W or R/T ship - go watch last night's episode of SG1 "200".

Those guys don't miss a damn thing the fans discuss - not one! *LMAO*
            I've got to apologize to o'l BamBam for not taking him at his word... the man obviously sees it too!
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Death To Zippers!!!!
              My Myspace (doesn't that seem redundant?)

Sig courtesy of Whistler84, R.I.P.

Comment

Just wanted to comment on the last scene.
                Spoiler:
                It seemed a tad out of place. Or at least Elizabeth's reaction. I'm not sure if it was intentional or not. But John tries to make a joke to cheer her up. But Elizabeth's reaction was something akin to "Not now, John. I can't joke about it yet." Almost a scolding manner. Seemed out of touch with all the other blatantly shipper moments.
                Spoiler:
                I took that as her still being somewhat disoriented. And they were in the observation area overlooking the Gate, not alone on the balcony.

Spoiler:
                And am I the only one disappointed that Elizabeth isn't a "sleep in the buff" type of girl?
                Probably.

As for the episode as a whole I really liked it. A character driven episode very different from the usual sci-fi action,
                Spoiler:
                with lots of John angst. Definitely Sparky.

And it reinforced some things I had assumed about Elizabeth:
                Spoiler:
                That her background is uppercrust East Coast. That row house in Georgetown is way beyond the salary of a civil servant/professor. Wonder if that was her parents' house and she lived with her mother when in DC.
                That she has had self defense training. I realize this was all in her head, which can account for some things like breaking the restraints. But her actions in the fight scenes seemed like the sort of moves someone with training would make, not the sort of random push/shove your way out that the average person would likely imagine.

I may have additional comments after I watch it again.
                DDC

Comment

*Resistance is futile*

Argh, argh..... I wasn't going to post till I've seen the whole episode but after reading the reviews, your posts, vids (thanks Ana) etc I've only got one thing to say....

SQUEESPARKYSQUEE!!!!!!!

*Now where are my blood pressure pills?????*

Thoughts on TRW
                  Spoiler:
                  You know I'm a cautious little shipper, I don't see every little S/W interaction as shippy but judging by what I've read and seen so far, I'm going to stick my neck out and say maybe, just maybe TPTB have decided to give the green light for Sparky.
                  Last week I mentioned I really enjoyed the S/T scene in Sateda because it was such a wonderful friendship bonding moment but I didn't see UST, hence it was good for Sparky. Of course, it is all in the eye of the beholder. Hmmm, you know what? Everybody enjoyed that scene, it's just a pity certain posters can't seem to enjoy acknowledging S/W bonding scenes without finding some way to trash Weir or to diminish the moment. I was greatly amused to read one post where Shep only "touched" her arm before being dragged off. If that was just touching then the S/T awkward hand petting was just a figment of my imagination. Again, shippy interpretation.
                  I absolutely adored that last scene on the balcony. That was shippy, hands down. Now, I haven't seen the whole episode yet, so correct me if I'm wrong. John has just been released from quarantine and the first he does is to seek out Elizabeth? From the hands on his hips to the sigh, the soft voice, the gentle half smile, the joking and flirty looks (note, he hardly ever looks away from her).....I would say, yup, he cares.....a hell of a lot!
                  We're still not out of the woods yet. It will be two steps forward, one step back. I think TPTB are going to give everybody time to adjust to this pairing with just enough hints to keep the interest up. A weaning process for others so to speak. But hey! This is the way we like our ship, right? Slow and steady but still gathering momentum?

SR? I agree we should voice our opinions on the episode thread to counteract some of the negativity. Maybe some of the more intrepid posters here can do it. I've tried ages ago but it's very hard to stay Zen after reading some of those posts and not react to them. I would need more pills.

Sig made by Dana and RealmofX

Comment

And am I the only one disappointed that Elizabeth isn't a "sleep in the buff" type of girl?
                    It's in her delusion and maybe she's still on guard. So I say until you see it onscreen in the "real world" time, you should go on believing she sleeps in the buff! She's probably ten times more relaxed on Atlantis anyway...even waiting for a friendly, nighttime visitor.

Or something.

Sorry, I just woke up from a nap.
                    I put the "M" in stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnikins
                      SR? I agree we should voice our opinions on the episode thread to counteract some of the negativity. Maybe some of the more intrepid posters here can do it. I've tried ages ago but it's very hard to stay Zen after reading some of those posts and not react to them. I would need more pills.
                      I agree, it's a good thought to do that, and I think I did do one post, maybe. But I'm not Zen enough either. I'll leave it to others who can keep a cooler head...

Unless you have some Zen pills you can send me from down under, that is!
                      SGA: the 3-season show...

Comment

Originally posted by eyecandylovr
                        I agree, it's a good thought to do that, and I think I did do one post, maybe. But I'm not Zen enough either. I'll leave it to others who can keep a cooler head...

Unless you have some Zen pills you can send me from down under, that is!
                        Heehee!!! eyecandylovr, I still remember the time when we were both newbies on THAT thread. We couldn't get back to this one fast enough for our liking! LOL!!!!

That two steps forward, one step back I mentioned? I was thinking the "backward step" may happen next week in "Common Ground" Here's my wild theory:
                        Spoiler:
                        Torri mentioned in an earlier interview that her character would be "emotionally disconnected" and she wasn't comfortable with it. In the current interview she stated that sometimes character development is sacrificed for the sake of the plot (eg,Michael) . This is probably the episode, esp. if you read the Scifi.com (?) comment "Weir must choose between defending her friend or saving John" (paraphrasing). This is a John-centric episode (Yay!!!!) and will provide lots of angst from everybody. I guess it would be too much to expect Elizabeth to angst so soon after TRW. The other shipper and noromo fans would really hit the roof.
                        So which ship will be featured (tongue-in-cheek) for CG then? Let's see...
                        NML: Weyla, Ronon/McKay, Michael/Teyla
                        Misbegotten: Sparky
                        Irresistible: McShep, Spanky,Beckett/Lucius
                        Sateda: Mainly team bonding but let's put down Sheyla and some Spanky (see? I'm fair!)
                        Progeny: McShep and yes, McWeir (again mainly team bonding).
                        TRW: Sparky
                        Common Ground: prediction? John/everybody except Elizabeth but let's put down Sheyla and McShep (think it's their turn again)

As you can see, I'm dampening down my Sparky sense for the next episode because I get so much more out of it when it hits me (like TRW).

Sig made by Dana and RealmofX

Comment

I spent all day working on a sparky "The Real World" music video because... I had nothing better to do (and it was GREAT). You can download it at my site if you're interested.

Fix You

Tomorrow, I'm going to make a banner, and possibly some icons. Because this episode owns me.

Cheers!

Sparky on youtube

Comment

*shakes with happiness* I loved that episode so much.
                            Spoiler:
                            I knew that the sillouhette was Sheppy-kins.

SPARKINESS!

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

Originally posted by ddc

Spoiler:
                              That she has had self defense training. I realize this was all in her head, which can account for some things like breaking the restraints. But her actions in the fight scenes seemed like the sort of moves someone with training would make, not the sort of random push/shove your way out that the average person would likely imagine.
                              Spoiler:
                              Maybe she has had some self-defense training, but I can tell you that those "moves" didn't really look like someone with training. All she did was throw a punch and do a little two foot kick while sitting on the bed. Anyone can do that.

Comment

Originally posted by mcat
                                I spent all day working on a sparky "The Real World" music video because... I had nothing better to do (and it was GREAT). You can download it at my site if you're interested.

Fix You
                                Excellent. I will watch it when the internet guy comes tomorrow to set up my connection (I'm currently in friend's sticky, hot apartment )
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X