Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
    If we can't have Karl Urban or Sean Maher for the role of Mike, I'd go with Clint Carleton (that guy off that Nickelback vid, just cause he's pretty).
    Karl and Lizzie would be da bomb! Unfortunately he is a busy guy, currently filming a mini-series and then set to film "Splinter Cell" (yeah, another vid game to movie disaster).

I'm still sticking with Sean Maher, who seems like such a sweet guy.

Sheppard? Sheppard who?

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
      Sheppard? Sheppard who?
      That could get you killed around here. But seriously, they may actually decide to make the character older, I've seen it done before. But who knows...

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
        Hey, don't knock life at the home. It's peaceful. We get all the blue jello we can gum eat, and they let us watch SGA on the big TV. Cool. If Miss Lizzie moves into the home, she can be my roomie. *If John comes to visit, that is.*

Some of you have already discovered I see that the Weir *saidwithanimpliedsneer* haters are using Sunday as an excuse to criticize even more. I hope the writers get wind of this and correct any inaccurate perception with more spoilers. *You hear that, MG?* Because I've had about all I can take. *maybe I should visit Torri's thread because I feel a rant coming on*
        Just wanted to say, it's incredibly unlikely that there will be more spoilers before they start publicizing the episode. Usually all the casting sides come out at once, though there have been a few times when something's come out a few days later. Just don't get your hopes up.

In other news... all this talk of a French boyfriend is making me wonder which of you broke into my computer and read my current work-in-progress.
        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
        Last update: 14 April 2006
        Melyanna's Multimedia
        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Hurrah! A look at some down time on Lantis (Sunday)!
          Spoiler:
          I really really really hope the guy Lizzie has her not-a-date with is a hottie. I don't think I could stand it if they cast a complete gimp as some sort of lust interest for her.

I suck at staying spoiler free.
          I guess this is where my signature should go, right?

Visit my LJ?

Comment

Originally posted by mirafemina
            Hurrah! A look at some down time on Lantis (Sunday)!
            Spoiler:
            I really really really hope the guy Lizzie has her not-a-date with is a hottie. I don't think I could stand it if they cast a complete gimp as some sort of lust interest for her.

I suck at staying spoiler free.
            Spoiler:
            He HAS to be a hottie! Lizzie is so pretty that anybody not as hot as her would not do!

But it might be best if he is not hot because then, getting to the shallow side most of us secretly have, she will see that nobody is as hot as John (except Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom) and that they would have beautiful children someday...

Ok enough silliness. I have a fic to write.

Spoiler:
            Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Last drabble in my stagesoflove assignment: Quiescence.

Spoiler:

She falls asleep on him in the rec room. He lifts her easily, carrying her to her quarters, treasuring the way she looks in sleep.

She stirs when the door opens, settling against his chest with a sigh, eyes still closed. He lays her down and draws back the blanket before edging her body into her bed and pulling the cover over her, pulling off her boots as gently as he can.

Those pretty eyes flicker open for a moment and she smiles drowsily at him. "Come to bed," she yawns.

"Nowhere I'd rather be, 'Lizabeth," John replies softly, sliding in beside her.

Comment

Awww thats sooo fluff!

wat about this guy? Josh Charles..look good in a lab coat
                Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia

Spoiler:

She falls asleep on him in the rec room. He lifts her easily, carrying her to her quarters, treasuring the way she looks in sleep.

She stirs when the door opens, settling against his chest with a sigh, eyes still closed. He lays her down and draws back the blanket before edging her body into her bed and pulling the cover over her, pulling off her boots as gently as he can.

Those pretty eyes flicker open for a moment and she smiles drowsily at him. "Come to bed," she yawns.

Trialia, think TPTB should put that scene in somewhere in Season 4! *sighs*
                  I'm so ignorant sometimes....*hangs head in shame*. When I saw Karl Urban I thought you meant Keith Urban (C/W singer, fiance extraordinaire of Nicole Kidman) and went WTH? but then realised you meant Eomer from LOTR. For ignoramuses like me this is what they look like Karl Urban and Clint Carleton and Josh Charles.
                  You know, under other circumstances I can be a multi-shipper if I can't have my original one. Already my CSI, J/C ships went down in flames, M/S, S/J didn't pan out the way I wanted but am still holding out hope for Mac/Stella. Hmmm, not a good track record so far.......

Sig made by Dana and RealmofX

Comment

Josh Charles all the Way.. i thought it mean Keith Urban to i was like.. dont u mean keith lol whops
                    Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                    Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

*sneaks in* Actually those promos are highly distracting, because I tend to stare at my desktop for quite a while and do nothing , they are just too pretty to ignore!

1024x768 version - Click on the picture!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia

Spoiler:

Your latest drabble inspired me. As soon as I get it betaed I'll post a link here for all to enjoy the Sparky goodness.

AL

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34
                          Awww thats sooo fluff!

wat about this guy? Josh Charles..look good in a lab coat
                          Josh Charles is one of my personal favourites, but nobody beats Flanigan. He's better than all of them. Here's hoping for a Sparky twist..

Comment

Hey all!

So I come back from my vacation and what do I get? Spoilers from hell... And there goes my inner peace, right out the window.

My thought's on 'Sunday':

Spoiler:
                            Sorry for getting into this again but I seriously had to cool my jet before commenting on this epsiode. I don't want to speculate too much on what's going to happen in the actual episode, simply because it's not one of my strengths.

I have, however, two main complaints based on the spoilers.

1. If this is MG's 'day-off' episode I have to say, yes I wanted it but I wanted it because I was interested in seeing how the MAIN characters interact with each other in an off-work environment and not how they interact with random people who we will (in this case) hopefully never see again.
                            2. I don't know why but somehow I have a considerably bigger problem with Elizabeth kissing this guy than with John kissing random women and the only reasons I can think of are (a) that it says 'possibly recurring character' in the description of the smoocher and I really don't need that and (b) that I have this deeply engrained fear that Sparky is going to die in S3. I don't know when or why I became so pessimistic but I can't seem to get rid of this feeling. Maybe it's because I have so much more information than I had a year ago, about canon ship and intended ship and all this kind of stuff and it messes with my head but can someone please cheer me up, present me with counter arguments maybe?! I guess it all depends on how the season goes up to that point and which implications the actual episode brings about.

However, I have found this talk about possible hottie candidates for Elizabeth to be a highly effective way to find back to my inner peace. Until the epsiode airs I will pretend that it's gonna be Michael Vartan as he is the only acceptable candidate if Lizzie really has to kiss someone. That is imho, of course...

Oh and one more thing. Is anyone else bothered by the fact that they release spoilers and don't say anything at all about the actual ep but go into so much detail about this particular part/aspect/scene of the episode? I don't read much spoilers because I get most of them from you guys but when I read those I found that to be rather...uhm...strange.

Edit: Although I don't think I said anything about the ep in that last paragraph I spoiler-tagged it. Just in case...
                            Last edited by the evil puppy; 17 June 2006, 07:45 PM.
                            SIG BY THE EVIL PUPPY

Comment

Originally posted by the evil puppy
                              Spoiler:
                              Oh and one more thing. Is anyone else bothered by the fact that they release spoilers and don't say anything at all about the actual ep (besides mentioning the bomb) but go into so much detail about this particular part/aspect/scene of the episode? I don't read much spoilers because I get most of them from you guys but when I read those I found that to be rather...uhm...strange.
                              You may want to consider spoiler-tagging that last paragraph. As for your question, it's not uncommon. We only get spoilers when they involve guest stars. In this case, the rest of the episode probably doesn't involve a significant guest role. The same thing happened with Duet last year – no one had any idea of the Ronon plot until the week before it aired, when the commercial was all about Ronon and none about Rodney, whom the sides were all about.
                              Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                              Last update: 14 April 2006
                              Melyanna's Multimedia
                              Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by the evil puppy
                                Oh and one more thing. Is anyone else bothered by the fact that they release spoilers and don't say anything at all about the actual ep (besides mentioning the bomb) but go into so much detail about this particular part/aspect/scene of the episode? I don't read much spoilers because I get most of them from you guys but when I read those I found that to be rather...uhm...strange.
                                Not really
                                Spoiler:
                                I've been on my share of fandoms, so i'm quite used to tptb teasing shippers to their hearts' content. When i first read about this guy i was tickled pink, my sparky sense started tingling in a really nice way, 'cause honestly all about this guy screams 'sparky plot device' to me. I'm hoping he doesn't turn out to be another Pete (and that he's really hot, unlike Pete ), but unfortunately it seems than when tptb want to play with ship all they can do is pairing people from the ship with other people and having them angst over not being able to be with eachother.
                                I've already had my fair share of angsting over other ships so i'm not going to get worked up over this, it's not worth it 'cause that's what tptb want, they want to ruffle our feathers. I don't know if i should be happy 'cause they've acknowledged sparky to the point where they bring new people and advertise strategically obscure details about an episode with the sole purpose of getting us all worried. Or if maybe i should be concerned about the fact that as sparky is becoming more and more cannon tptb will begin screwing it up like they did with the only other ship that they've done (or attempted to do - S/J).

Comment

Working...
                                X