Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
    Liz: John, the natives seem restless lately.

John: I know. I think we're going to have to pose for some new promo pics soon. Who knows what they'll do if they get too bored.
    A-hahahahahahaha!!!

AL

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
      I find it rather cute, for some reason, as long as they don't pull one off like tptb did on TXF. Mulder used this ring on an episode about his life prior to TXF, and then Diana showed up *shudders*.
      Ack! *cringes at the mention of "Foul"ey*

Originally posted by Luz
      I'm suddenly remembering... Mulder's wife we never knew about, Mac's husband who we never knew about. Do tptb pull this off frecuently?, or was it just a coincidence that it happened on the only two t.v shows i've ever followed? (aside From SGA that is).
      SG-1 sort of did it - Sam was engaged to Jonas Hansen previously (from the episode "The First Commandment").
      "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
      My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

[QUOTE=xfkirsten]Ack! *cringes at the mention of "Foul"ey*
        QUOTE]

The Fowl One *shudder* So many meanings, so little time.

OOh! inspiration thanks to JF wearing his ring during hot zone for another fic I started quite awhile ago. Sparky of course.

AL

Comment

Originally posted by A.L.
          The Fowl One *shudder* So many meanings, so little time.

OOh! inspiration thanks to JF wearing his ring during hot zone for another fic I started quite awhile ago. Sparky of course.

AL
          Go write fast, i can't form coherent phrases so must mean it's time for bed, since i'm uncontrollably giggling over the fact that so many sheylas want to court martial Weir , then definitely it's time for bed *is amused*.

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
            That picture is from the end of Hot Zone. If you look closely, you can see that Joe Flanigan forgot to take off his wedding ring before they started filming.

And Thoughtcrimes was a TV show that JF would have been the male lead in had it been picked up. The pilot has been shown a few times on USA, which is all anyone here has seen, I believe. Basically, he played an NSA agent working with a young woman who had psychic abilities. It wasn't that bad of a pilot, but probably not something that would have had appeal to the masses, JF's bedhead notwithstanding.
            And let's face it, if it had been picked up, we wouldn't have had him in Atlantis. We probably would have ended up with Ben Browder, which actually...wouldn't have been too bad either I suppose.
            Last edited by Major_Moomin; 17 May 2006, 01:03 AM.
            hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

The wedding ring talk made me remember about another thing. Do you remember in Allies when
              Spoiler:
              John, Liz and the Wratih Queen were in Liz's office and John said "Let's just say I'm worried about my grandkids." Well, I really wonder why he said grandkids and not kids? Is he hiding something? I know it's probably nothing but I was really surprised when he said that.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky
                The wedding ring talk made me remember about another thing. Do you remember in Allies when
                Spoiler:
                John, Liz and the Wratih Queen were in Liz's office and John said "Let's just say I'm worried about my grandkids." Well, I really wonder why he said grandkids and not kids? Is he hiding something? I know it's probably nothing but I was really surprised when he said that.
                I thought he was alluding to the fact that
                Spoiler:
                the Wraith only wake up after many decades each time to feed. So his "theoretical" kids would be old enough to be parents by then.
                Still, it's fun to let the imagination run riot.

Originally posted by Luz
                Whips out the rulebook , the guide to help us on the proper misinterpretation of scenes.
                Ah, thanks Luz for letting me see the light. What was I thinking? You're almost as snarky as Rodney. heh!

(Looks like I owe you one again)

Sig made by Dana and RealmofX

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky
                  Spoiler:
                  Well, the logical part of my brain always assumed
                  Spoiler:
                  he was just referring to how long it would take the Wraith to recover from the thinning of their population - just emphasizing that it might not be in this generation or the next, but he still cared about it.

But then, all this talk of wedding rings and such makes me think back to something someone said a while ago - FP, maybe? - about John hiding a wife and seven kids back on Earth. I dunno - maybe the day of Hot Zone was his secret wife's or one of the kid's birthdays, and he put the ring on for sentimental value.

Either that, or he and Elizabeth secretly got married, and he just forgot to take the ring off before leaving the bedroom that morning. And then she probably yelled at him that evening, because, really if you can't remember to take off the ring, how are you going to keep it secret?
                  ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
                  The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                    Go write fast, i can't form coherent phrases so must mean it's time for bed, since i'm uncontrollably giggling over the fact that so many sheylas want to court martial Weir , then definitely it's time for bed *is amused*.
                    Now dear, you go get a good night's sleep because obviously you are missing something. Those nice people only want what's best for Atlantis. Weir *Do they know she has a first name?* is such a bad leader she must be removed for the sake of the mission. Nobody can be as incredibly stupid, evil and corrupt as she is. Weak, manipulative, not logical, ignorant of proper procedure, overbearing, and ruled by her schoolgirl crush on a man who thinks she's his mother, she needs to be court martialed and drummed out of the military. Oh, wait. Then Teyla can take over running Atlantis and no further bad decisions will be made. *The fact that she's a beacon for the Wraith and probably draws them like a lightning rod cannot be mentioned.*

Originally posted by LurkerLa
                    Well, the logical part of my brain always assumed
                    Spoiler:
                    he was just referring to how long it would take the Wraith to recover from the thinning of their population - just emphasizing that it might not be in this generation or the next, but he still cared about it.

But then, all this talk of wedding rings and such makes me think back to something someone said a while ago - FP, maybe? - about John hiding a wife and seven kids back on Earth. I dunno - maybe the day of Hot Zone was his secret wife's or one of the kid's birthdays, and he put the ring on for sentimental value.

Either that, or he and Elizabeth secretly got married, and he just forgot to take the ring off before leaving the bedroom that morning. And then she probably yelled at him that evening, because, really if you can't remember to take off the ring, how are you going to keep it secret?
                    I like both these ideas. Well maybe not the 7 kids. I would not object to his having lost a wife and/or kid at some point. He always seems to be harboring a good bit of sadness to me, and by his age it would have been reasonable to assume that he would have married. There is a high % of divorce among military couples, especially when one of them is gone for long periods of time. There is also the possibility of death. And another great acting opportunity for JF if this came out. *right around the time we have to dodge flying pigs*
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
                      Now dear, you go get a good night's sleep because obviously you are missing something. Those nice people only want what's best for Atlantis. Weir *Do they know she has a first name?* is such a bad leader she must be removed for the sake of the mission. Nobody can be as incredibly stupid, evil and corrupt as she is. Weak, manipulative, not logical, ignorant of proper procedure, overbearing, and ruled by her schoolgirl crush on a man who thinks she's his mother, she needs to be court martialed and drummed out of the military. Oh, wait. Then Teyla can take over running Atlantis and no further bad decisions will be made. *The fact that she's a beacon for the Wraith and probably draws them like a lightning rod cannot be mentioned.*
                      ROFLMAO!!

I like both these ideas. Well maybe not the 7 kids. I would not object to his having lost a wife and/or kid at some point. He always seems to be harboring a good bit of sadness to me, and by his age it would have been reasonable to assume that he would have married. There is a high % of divorce among military couples, especially when one of them is gone for long periods of time. There is also the possibility of death. And another great acting opportunity for JF if this came out. *right around the time we have to dodge flying pigs*
                      And that could explain that kind of haunted look he had in LFP when Liz asked him if he wanted to record a message for Earth.
                      That also makes me think of Interstella's fic Lexy, I hope she'll update it!

Comment

Hey, you could have read the books, too. hopalong, Laura Ingalls Wilder wrote a series of nine autobiographical children's books about growing up in the American Midwest in the late nineteenth century. Well, technically one of them was about her husband's childhood in upstate New York, but whatever. The point is, quaint prairie lifestyle. The character in Instinct, whose name I can't even remember, was rather innocent and quaint (and played by the same actress who played Kaylee in Firefly), ergo Kaylee Ingalls Wraith.
                        Ah hah, gotcha now. And yes, I have read the 'Little House on the Prairie' books, have most of them (not 'On the Banks of plum Creek' or the Almanzo Wilder one 'Farmer Boy'), and even watched the show. It may have been the misspelling of the name that made me miss the point, but I don't think I thought of the wraith girl in that way.

OT nine books? I can only count seven... unless you're counting 'Farmer Boy' and the one published after she died (The First Four Years)

Comment

Sounded like Joe said they had filmed a sexually ambiguous scene at the end of "Conversion" (when he apologized to Teyla) but it was cut. So it seems while JF likes Sheyla, TPTB don't as Gero said he specifically cut that out - and it wasn't cut for time.

Same happened in "Ripple Effect" - there was a scene where AU Mitchell and Carter go into an elevator and as the door closes it seems they are leaning in to kiss each other. Mallozzi had it in his blog - when they were watching it, in dailies he almost choked and make deLuise reshoot it.
                          Haven't seen 'Ripple Effect' yet, but I'm glad that seen was reshot, the thought of it made me shudder. I'm a Sam/Jack girl all the way.

...Which is an odd thing to post on a Sparky thread, so just to make this on topic I was a Sparky girl even when Elizabeth was still with Simon. I told my bf (this was when we watched 'The Storm/The Eye') that I could see Liz and John together somewhere down the line I knew that that relationship would not happen for a while.

As for the supposed Sheyla... it was here on GW that I first even came across such a suggestion.

Sorry for the rambling...

Comment

Originally posted by LurkerLa
                            Yep, I started that rumor - Shep wouldn't do a video in "Letters From Pegasus" because his ex-wife would find him and hit him up for unpaid child support for their bazillion kids. *LOL*

I gave up on that Court Martial thread - the Sheylas took it over and turned it into a Weir bashing thread. All that "I like Weir. .really, I do. . but. ." doesn't work. Its obvious they hate the poor lady. We could do a "toss Teyla back to the mainland" thread but thankfully we are more adult than that.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Then Teyla can take over running Atlantis and no further bad decisions will be made. *The fact that she's a beacon for the Wraith and probably draws them like a lightning rod cannot be mentioned.*
                              Also the fact that Atlantis is, for better or worse, an Earth outpost, and there's no way the powers that be back on Earth allow an alien to be in charge of it for a moment. That'd be like the military allowing Teal'c to run the SGC while Hammond and Jack were off somewhere. At the end of Intruder,
                              Spoiler:
                              I have no idea who was actually in charge, but you can bet it wasn't Teyla. In all likelihood, she was in charge of the search for Ford, as she has the most contacts off-world and probably would have been instrumental in the whole thing anyway.
                              An I'd also say that the only reason Teyla hasn't screwed up yet is that we haven't seen her in charge of anything since Rising, really. What we've seen since Rising has been a tendency toward insubordination.

Oh, I really hope this doesn't happen. Not that I don't think JF would do a terrific job, but they did this with Jack already. I don't want them to give the fandom at large another reason to say that John's just a lesser copy of Jack O'Neill.
                              Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                              Last update: 14 April 2006
                              Melyanna's Multimedia
                              Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

An I'd also say that the only reason Teyla hasn't screwed up yet is that we haven't seen her in charge of anything since Rising, really. What we've seen since Rising has been a tendency toward insubordination.

and manipulation and countermanding orders.

Oh, I really hope this doesn't happen. Not that I don't think JF would do a terrific job, but they did this with Jack already. I don't want them to give the fandom at large another reason to say that John's just a lesser copy of Jack O'Neill.
                                What, TPTB repeat a plot? Never.

Yep, I started that rumor - Shep wouldn't do a video in "Letters From Pegasus" because his ex-wife would find him and hit him up for unpaid child support for their bazillion kids. *LOL*

I gave up on that Court Martial thread - the Sheylas took it over and turned it into a Weir bashing thread. All that "I like Weir. .really, I do. . but. ." doesn't work. Its obvious they hate the poor lady. We could do a "toss Teyla back to the mainland" thread but thankfully we are more adult than that.
                                Just because we are "adult" doesn't mean we have to be "mature". *speaking totally for myself of course*
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X