No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Pocus!- I never had the time to read through all the pages of my favorite threads.......Good Job!

Ok, Question: How would you want the first real(verbal) declaration of John and Elizabeth's feelings to come about?(during a mission....just talking in the office?, etc)

Happy Posting
    It doesn't matter what you believe in, just believe in something. I believe in myself, in others, in Love, in peace and Health and well-being for ALL.....

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
      Hi Pocus, welcome to the sparky thread, and you read the whole thing!?.

Coup
      Spoiler:
      She's so oggling him here .
      Who Wouldnt

Welcome Pocus

Erised Speaking of science fiction for women, BSG seems a lot more appealing at the moment because women and men are treated equally. And women, like Roslin, make some pretty harsh decisions and I love that. It certainly doesn't seem like a show that is written for males.

I know I know, off topic..

Spoiler:

hehehe love thoses moments

... ok that didnt work
      Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
      Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
        I was joking about blaming you!
        I knew you were joking! I was joking too, I guess the whole typing thing doesn't really convey expression all too well eh!

Happy belated birthday to A.L.!

Welcome to all newbies

@Erised I like moments like that, it would be good to see Liz having to make some really tough decisions in S3. Possibly even something with regards to John, that would really allow us to see her true feelings for him

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
          It's not true. See?
          We even get a marathon on Memorial Day! To which I say it's about darn time! Atlantis deserves just as fair of treatment as SG-1.
          SGA was just pulled off the schedule. This is the revised schedule as of today:

http://www.scifi.com/schedulebot/ind...-2006&feed_req

While SG1 has remained in the top 10 most weeks during reruns, SGA has fallen completely off.

Here is a list of ratings for the past few weeks (post #1828460):

http://mboard.scifi.com/showflat.php...0&fpart=3&vc=1

Edit: Remember - the SGA Mondays were only going to be short-term anyway since they really don't have enough episodes to carry on for long. Everything was supposed to go back to normal sometime in June anyway.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

What ok thats rude.. SGA should be in there!

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34
              What ok thats rude.. SGA should be in there!
              Actually, I see their point. Season 1 is still in syndication so SciFi doesn't have access to those episodes, so all they have is Season 2, which has lousy ratings. Bad ratings equal less ad dollars, so it is logical to stick with a ratings winner to make a bit more money so SG1 was put back on Mondays (and they have 8 seasons to play with). I think when SGA gets more episodes under its belt then SciFi will give it more rerun opportunities, especially if they cut The Tower and Epiphany from the play list.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                Actually, I see their point. Season 1 is still in syndication so SciFi doesn't have access to those episodes, so all they have is Season 2, which has lousy ratings. Bad ratings equal less ad dollars, so it is logical to stick with a ratings winner to make a bit more money so SG1 was put back on Mondays (and they have 8 seasons to play with). I think when SGA gets more episodes under its belt then SciFi will give it more rerun opportunities, especially if they cut The Tower and Epiphany from the play list.
                And the lack of Season 1 rights is also why they aren't airing Siege III at all. It's kind of dumb to air the conclusion of a three-part arc when you can't show the first two parts at all. So as much as we'd all like to watch that episode again, it's just not going to happen until the season has aired in syndication, which will probably start in September or October.
                Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                Last update: 14 April 2006
                Melyanna's Multimedia
                Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by GateByte
                  @Erised I like moments like that, it would be good to see Liz having to make some really tough decisions in S3. Possibly even something with regards to John, that would really allow us to see her true feelings for him
                  Oh, i think we've already had some revealing moments in regards to their feelings for eachother.
                  Conversion
                  Spoiler:
                  The whole episode was proof that Elizabeth's feelings for John run deep

Granted the last time we saw John really flipping out for Elizabeth was in the Eye, althought that look, so charged, on the Siege 2 bears testimony to the fact that the feeling's not one sided.
                  On John's part it's been more subtle, but the feelings are there, i've said it before, all we have to do is look at his eyes, the way he looks at her (there is longing, care, and something more), look at his body language, the way he'll always stand by her side, he's drawn to her. Listen to his voice when they talk, it acquires this soft tone, that's reserved for her and only her.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                    Hi Pocus, welcome to the sparky thread, and you read the whole thing!?.

Coup
                    Spoiler:
                    She's so oggling him here .

WELCOME POCUS!!!!!! You read the whole thread?? You're a true believer then.
                    I was like eyecandylovr...I was diligent in the beginning but then started skimming in the middle because the urge to post was becoming too strong to resist.

Luz, Luz,, maybe you're misinterpreting this pic?
                    Spoiler:
                    She is the leader of the expedition and she is just doing an inspection. He is "standing at attention" after all.

Enjoying the fics, Mel, Athenaktt and Trialia. What was the name I wonder? Kavanaugh?

To get back on topic.....
                    Both my younguns (late teens) enjoy Stargate (yes, I've perverted them, heh!) One is more fanatical about Stargate than I am. When pushed one doesn't see any ship and the other thinks maybe Sheyla, but not really. I've also got a young male colleague (early 20's) who enjoys Stargate too but he's more into cool special effects and lots of action. His idea of "ship" is different to mine.
                    As SR pointed out, we were the original geeks when Star Trek came out and it wasn't considered "uncool" to admit to liking the show. It was the vanguard, just like TXF was for its genre. That's why you will get a lot of people saying they watched TXF rather than for SCiFi. The perception is SciFi are for geeks, nerds, social misfits, pimply teens or for people who simply need to get a life. This cannot be further from the truth. As mentioned, a lot of the posters here are very intelligent, well educated and a myriad of ages, nationalities and personal beliefs. Yes, we may be the vocal minority since most would just watch the show and then wait for next week's episode but we shouldn't be ignored since I think we represent quite a cross-section of the viewers. (We're just talkative. ) OMG, what happened to my "on topic"? I haven't mentioned Sparky! OK, if the polls are anything to judge by then the majority see Sparky more than any other ship. Whether TPTB will go down that path is another matter. WHat I have noticed in other shows and books is they sometimes choose a less obvious pairing because it's safer. (maybe)
                    Like in HP, I always thought it would be H/H and not H/G and R/H. Ah well...
                    Now RL calls so apologies for any mistakes since I haven't got time to edit.

Happy posting.

Sig made by Dana and RealmofX

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                      i suppose but still!

Comment

Say, where is Sally? haven't heard from her since the Weir threads fiasco.

Comment

i gotta go and finish reading my english book before i get introble from a Oh so great teacher!

Catcha's later... If ur a Joe fan i just posted more pics of him in the "thunk" thread

cyas

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                            Say, where is Sally? haven't heard from her since the Weir threads fiasco.
                            Sally's taking a break from the forums. The Weir thread fiasco was particularly rough for her, and I think she just needed to step back. Hopefully she'll be back after a while.
                            Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                            Last update: 14 April 2006
                            Melyanna's Multimedia
                            Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

I'm back, I'm back, I'm back!!! *huggles all the Sparky fans* Had to pop into this thread to visit after my long absence, and I gotta say Pocus -- having the courage to read the whole thing through is amazing. I can't take more than a few pages of the craziness of this crowd before I lose it.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

my book is boring so i came back.. stargate is so much more interesting!

Comment

Working...
                                X