Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
    Fic rec! I just found this at Command Dynamics and it is really funny!

Nail Polish
    that is soooo cute!!!!!!
    ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
      Fic rec! I just found this at Command Dynamics and it is really funny!

Nail Polish
      Very cute!

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
        Shep: Oh, my back! I knew that new closet space wouldn't work out!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
          LOL! Tricky? Rachel, honey, considering that John and Teyla haven't spoken over a dozen sentences directly to each other since 'Rising', I'd venture to say 'tricky', while an appropriate description for such a course, would only be the start of it. Try: irrational, illogical and dull for starters. In the dictionary under the word 'nauseous', there's a pic of me watching John and Teyla in a 'hot' scene together. I think those early scenes scarred me so badly that I still cringe when they so much as speak to each other. But seriously, the two of them probably have the least scene chem together of any pairing on the show-even in the most casual or action-packed of scenes.
          Teyla used to really bug me in Season 1, especially in her scenes with Sheppard. But after watching Season 2, I find those early episodes a lot more palatable. I guess it's because I know they've gone somewhere with her beyond shirts that don't fit and bad chemistry. More than anything else, I'm really glad that they shifted the focus of the show away from the team and more toward the community. That really makes it all seem less like a cookie-cutter replica of SG-1.
          Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
          Last update: 14 April 2006
          Melyanna's Multimedia
          Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Oh look John, SR just made her 500th post. Say, what's this about a male nurse named John?
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
              More than anything else, I'm really glad that they shifted the focus of the show away from the team and more toward the community. That really makes it all seem less like a cookie-cutter replica of SG-1.
              I'm just glad they shifted the focus of the show away from Teyla's 'hair' and more towards the community.
              hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Teyla used to really bug me in Season 1, especially in her scenes with Sheppard. But after watching Season 2, I find those early episodes a lot more palatable. I guess it's because I know they've gone somewhere with her beyond shirts that don't fit and bad chemistry.
                I can't pinpoint what bugged me about Teyla exactly in season 1, i didn't care much about her. It wasn't that i disliked her, it was more like she seemed kind off pointless.
                Her character has become more fleshier, in season two she's become more interesting, more approachable. I could stand her before, but now i actually like her .
                More than anything else, I'm really glad that they shifted the focus of the show away from the team and more toward the community. That really makes it all seem less like a cookie-cutter replica of SG-1.
                I don't understand what you mean by this, community?. To me there's no comparison between SGA and SG1, they've always been very different, mostly because on SGA i like the entire ensemble of characters, while on SG1 i liked Daniel, could stand Carter, could barely stand O'neil, and don't get me started on Teal'c. And on world episodes on SG1 were always boring (IMO) while i really enjoy it when they stay in the city on SGA.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Moomin
                  I'm just glad they shifted the focus of the show away from Teyla's 'hair' and more towards the community.
                  Aww, and I'd deleted my snide remarks about her awful first season wigs. You read those into it anyway!
                  Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Was she really wearing a wig?, 'cause i've joked about it, but it's only because it used to look so stiff and unnatural. Now her hair looks much better, more flowy and i like it when she picks it up with a few loose strands.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                      I don't understand what you mean by this, community?. I never compared SGA with SG1, to me they've always been very different, mostly because on SGA i like the entire ensemble of characters, while on SG1 i liked Daniel, could stand Carter, could barely stand O'neil, and don't get me started on Teal'c. And on world episodes on SG1 were always boring (IMO) while i really enjoy it when they stay in the city on SGA.
                      SG-1 is very much about the team, and always has been. Hammond, Fraiser, and the random scientists and airmen they showed were very much minor characters. Atlantis, on the other hand, has been very much about the expedition, rather than about John's team. There's still a tier of secondary characters, but two of them are on John's team, and then we have characters like Beckett, Zelenka, Heightmeyer, Cadman, Caldwell, and Lorne. SG-1 never had quite the richness of secondary characters. There were a few really great ones, but not many overall who got much prominence. That's what I meant by community – the show's focus is on the expedition, not on a handful of people.
                      Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
                        Oh look John, SR just made her 500th post. Say, what's this about a male nurse named John?
                        SPLATS green your way!

Doesn't Rachel still wear a wig? Every pic I see of her IRL, her hair is very dark.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                          Was she really wearing a wig?, 'cause i've joked about it, but it's only because it used to look so stiff and unnatural. Now her hair looks much better, more flowy and i like it when she picks it up with a few loose strands.
                          Yes, she was, and I think she still is. They've just gotten her a better wig. Rachel Luttrell's real hair is very dark. The long wig in the first several episodes was bad, but the short one they used for the rest of the season wasn't much better. The one they've used through the second season is much better suited for her. There was a scene in Coup d'État where I was particularly struck by how stunning she looked, and part of it was how they'd done her hair.

You should listen to the Season 1 commentaries sometime. At the beginning of Thirty-Eight Minutes, Rachel says they can't decide what was the worst part of the episode, and in her list of things that made shooting it very difficult was how awful her wig was.
                          Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                            Doesn't Rachel still wear a wig? Every pic I see of her IRL, her hair is very dark.
                            I'm pretty sure she still does... I just think they've finally found a style that suits her

...and they chose a better wig maker
                            hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

SG-1 is very much about the team, and always has been. Hammond, Fraiser, and the random scientists and airmen they showed were very much minor characters. Atlantis, on the other hand, has been very much about the expedition, rather than about John's team. There's still a tier of secondary characters, but two of them are on John's team, and then we have characters like Beckett, Zelenka, Heightmeyer, Cadman, Caldwell, and Lorne. SG-1 never had quite the richness of secondary characters. There were a few really great ones, but not many overall who got much prominence. That's what I meant by community – the show's focus is on the expedition, not on a handful of people.
                              Yeah, i get it now, it bored me a little how on SG1 it was always the four of them. I would've liked to see more of other characters, like Janet .
                              I think in the beginning tptb were planning of doing something of the likes with Sheppard's team, but Elizabeth is much too sexy to play a female Hammond .

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Moomin

*sniffles*
                                "Can they have my hair?"

"Yes honey..."

"..."

"We're gonna need hairgel...LOTS of hairgel."

OMG that's hilarious

Comment

Working...
                                X