Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LurkerLa
    If anyone's looking for fic, Mel's updated Revelation again.

Chapter 10 is this-a-way

Read. Review. Now.
    Wonderful chapter!... Thanks Mel

thanks La for posting the rec
    hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
      Awww! That's stinky. I'm on a roll with converting people -- seven since the start of last semester and counting. Oh, and I keep my mouth shut about the shipping, guys, I promise. I don't influence them at all. Really!
      It is sometimes. But I'm sure if they were to actually sit down and watch an episode of Atlantis, since it is different from SG1, that they'd probably enjoy it. Especially one of them, since she has a very bizarre sense of humour, and when I'm watching 38mins I always think she'd get a kick out of the whole Kavanaugh/Weir scene. But that's just me. And the other one is a psych major, so she'd probably try to analyze it, which may or may not be a good thing .

Man, I think I need to find me some people to watch it with. I feel so alone . The only people I know that watch it are my parents and my sisters. And I'm not getting into the whole sparky thing with my parents, and my one sister only watches it because she thinks Sheppard is hot, although she does ship sparky. With my other sister I can have a real discussion, but only over MSN, which isn't exactly the best. I need to find me someone to sit down and enjoy it with. Too bad I don't know any people from my University that watch it, but with it being a Math/Computer dominated school, you'd think I could find someone .

Comment

Originally posted by GateByte
        Man, I think I need to find me some people to watch it with. I feel so alone . The only people I know that watch it are my parents and my sisters. And I'm not getting into the whole sparky thing with my parents, and my one sister only watches it because she thinks Sheppard is hot, although she does ship sparky. With my other sister I can have a real discussion, but only over MSN, which isn't exactly the best. I need to find me someone to sit down and enjoy it with. Too bad I don't know any people from my University that watch it, but with it being a Math/Computer dominated school, you'd think I could find someone .
        I know what you mean, the only people I know that watch Stargate in general are my parents and a cousin of mine. Dad only watches it for the action, my Mom for the occational Spanky. My cousin... I'd rather not bother with him; my views and his views don't exactly see eye to eye, to say the least.

But then again, that's why I decided to join the boards and threads.

Comment

Originally posted by xkawaiix
          But then again, that's why I decided to join the boards and threads.
          Precisely . Can't exactly have a discussion with ourselves now can we? ... Ok some of us might, but most of us ... probably not

Comment

My brother sometimes watches Atlantis with me, but he is a fan of the Stargate movie and absolutely hates SG1. My dad watches the show sometimes, but he asks too many questions (btw he totally sees sparky ).
            Now that you talk about classmates, last tuesday we were at an informatics II class, we have three hours straight, from seven to ten a.m. the first hour is supposed to be for practice, so you just sit for an hour doing whatever you want to do, chat, research, anything, nuff said i spend my hour reading the messages at GW. So... i was browsing the forums, and i looked beside me and the guy who was sitting next to me was watching some pics at this New Atlantis site. i just stared and then he looked at me and asked me "it's a t.v show named Atlantis, ever watched it?, it's really good", lol. I didn't have the chance to ask him if he sees any ship though, i'll ask him this tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
              i spend my hour reading the messages at GW. So... i was browsing the forums, and i looked beside me and the guy who was sitting next to me was watching some pics at this New Atlantis site. i just stared and then he looked at me and asked me "it's a t.v show named Atlantis, ever watched it?, it's really good", lol. I didn't have the chance to ask him if he sees any ship though, i'll ask him this tuesday.
              Now see, why can't I meet people like that? Most of the guys in my classes(yes I use 'guys' cause there are like 3 other girls in my CS classes) are usually either working on the insane projects we are given, or are surfing randomly from what I can tell.

Comment

Now see, why can't I meet people like that? Most of the guys in my classes(yes I use 'guys' cause there are like 3 other girls in my CS classes) are usually either working on the insane projects we are given, or are surfing randomly from what I can tell.
                I'm in a worse situation here, people!!! At home, no one could care less about TV in general, my mom only watches brazilian soap operas and nothing else, my dad not even that. At work, people, including me, only wanna get the project done, so no talk while but the technobabble related to the project. When we are talking nonsense during lunch time, I can't talk about the Gates with them because the ones that watch sci-fi shows at all, the younger collegues of my age, are huge trekkies and only watch DS9 and the late Enterprise. Well, I like those shows too and we talk about them, but no Gates at all, any of them. I tried to convince them to pick at Atlantis, but I guess I wasn't sucessful... yet!!!! I'm still hoping to win by insistance. So, that was one of the reasons that has drawn me to join this forum, first experience with such a thing, to be able to talk about SGA with someone other than myself. Yes, I used to be one of those that talked with themselves about it, GateByte. I guess if GateWorld didn't exist I'd still be overanalysing SGA on my head without being able to put out my ideas. If this situation had prevailed, I guess my first SGA fanfiction story would have been born way sooner than it did, but I wouldn't have known how to put it on-line, which means no readers. Waw, I love this site and this thread!!!!

*hugs thread; hugs GW; hugs SGA even with all the nonsense that we are given from time to time because they allow me to get away from the hard real world and exercise my imagination a little; thanks PTB for such a great entertainment hour every week; waiting for more S3 spoilers and watching S2 with pleasure so far*
                Awesome sig made by *E*K*R*. Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Wow, are we guys lucky!? Mel's got the 10th chapter of Revelation up here.

Go read and leave her cookies, and maybe we'll get Chapter 11 by next week

ETA: Dang, La beat me to it *walks away in shame*
                  Last edited by SallyLizzie; 19 March 2006, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                    Hey, if you want to wake the hibernating dragon, be my guest. Just don't expect me to wake him and then do some writing. Not with the broken fingers I'd receive.

When I can tear myself away from Civ IV work, I'm doing a bit of Spygate writing. Like my last Spygate fic, Sheppard's not involved, so there won't be any Shep/Weir. Don't have any good Sparky plot bunnies right now.
                    Hey, I blame a lot of things in my life not getting done on Civilization. All the way back to the original game. And if you want a Sparky Spygate plot bunny, you can have mine. I do not need more fics on my plate.

Thanks for the advertising, La, and thanks for the thought, Sally. I have indeed finished the final chapter of the story, so we'll just have to see when I'll get around to posting it. I need to get the rest of The Pacific Rim up at west_gate and get Revelation up there as well. Oy, I have a lot to do with this series.
                    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                    Last update: 14 April 2006
                    Melyanna's Multimedia
                    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                      ETA: Dang, La beat me to it *walks away in shame*
                      Hah! Bested Sally at her own game!

What's that? On topic? Uh... well...

John: Is that video from our quarters?
                      Elizabeth: John, I thought you said you got rid of all those spy cams Rodney installed in there...

Eh. Not my best attempt, but whatever.
                      ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
                      The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

Originally posted by LurkerLa
                        Hah! Bested Sally at her own game!

What's that? On topic? Uh... well...

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...coupdetat5.jpg
                        John: Is that video from our quarters?
                        Elizabeth: John, I thought you said you got rid of all those spy cams Rodney installed in there...

Eh. Not my best attempt, but whatever.
                        I was watching the Rising again, and Elizabeth's shirt was so loose compared to this one, either her boobs are bigger, or someone in the wardrobe department (in the land of spare oom ) has been naughty .
                        Anyways, it's so curious to watch those first minutes before Sheppard and Weir met and got involved in eachother's lives. It gives me a thrill to watch them before they crossed paths. I wish we had an introduction scene, but oh well, whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                          Hey, I blame a lot of things in my life not getting done on Civilization. All the way back to the original game. And if you want a Sparky Spygate plot bunny, you can have mine. I do not need more fics on my plate.

Thanks for the advertising, La, and thanks for the thought, Sally. I have indeed finished the final chapter of the story, so we'll just have to see when I'll get around to posting it. I need to get the rest of The Pacific Rim up at west_gate and get Revelation up there as well. Oy, I have a lot to do with this series.
                          Final chapter? Noooooo! You can't stop! Where will I get my fix?
                          "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                          My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                            Poll over on the Sony/MGM forum - "Which Couple Do You Want?":

http://boards.sonypictures.com/board...ad.php?t=22034
                            Thanks FP, I just voted. Although, I'm not too sure of any place that has a 'Ways to kill off Weir' thread.

Originally posted by Luz
                            mmm, the sony forum, isn't there were the Weir haters go to feel at home?
                            Heh heh...all the more reason to make sure to vote. We wouldn't want the sony honcho decision makers-if they even bother- thinkin the few whacks in viewer land represent the bigger majority now would we?

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                              Final chapter? Noooooo! You can't stop! Where will I get my fix?
                              I'm sure it won't be long before Major Fischer cons me into writing another story. That's how Revelation happened in the first place.

But speaking of fics that MF made me write, The Pacific Rim is now available at west_gate in its entirety, along with an interesting little writing exercise I did with the WW/SG crossover. (Some Shep/Weir overtones in the latter. Lots of Shep/Weir in the former. )
                              Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                              Last update: 14 April 2006
                              Melyanna's Multimedia
                              Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Luz
                                I was watching the Rising again, and Elizabeth's shirt was so loose compared to this one, either her boobs are bigger, or someone in the wardrobe department (in the land of spare oom ) has been naughty .
                                Anyways, it's so curious to watch those first minutes before Sheppard and Weir met and got involved in eachother's lives. It gives me a thrill to watch them before they crossed paths. I wish we had an introduction scene, but oh well, whatever.
                                LOL! Land of Spare Oom... That was good! I loved that movie!

I have noticed her shirts have gotten a little tighter. It seems like Torri has gained some weight. And she looks darn good!
                                Season one:

Season two:

Definately an improvement! She didn't look bad before but looks better now.

Spoiler:
                                Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Working...
                                X