Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luz
    Everytime i see this pic "my humps" start playing on my mind.

I'ma get, get, get, get, you drunk,
    Get you love drunk off my hump.
    My hump, my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump
    Will I be called a stalker if I say the same thing??

Just kidding, it wasn't My Humps, it was Hot Stuff. He looks way damn sexy in that pic, no wonder Liz loves him *long live Sparky*
    Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
    Sparkiest Little Spanker

Pencil Breaker and proud of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
      I also just posted my dissertation over on the Shep App/Discussion thread. Thanks FP for joining me. I want more Shep appreciation and less negative.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...95#post4980395
      Its just that same "person" spouting their usual, "Weir is out of control" mindlessness that they are trying to promote all over Gateworld. After reading a bit of her million dissertations I come away wondering more why she doesn't have carpel tunnel instead of paying attention to what she writes (which just comes off as mindless rambling).

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Good Mel and Bama. Those people criticizing Weir will never be leaders. I just rewatched Michael and the Sparky leadership team is in full force. No shippiness but just an unspoken closeness.

I also just posted my dissertation over on the Shep App/Discussion thread. Thanks FP for joining me. I want more Shep appreciation and less negative.

Sometime I find it highly ammusing that people can so easily criticize someone/something without actually having experienced it themselves. So easy to point out faults but when asked what they would do in the same situation...they suddenly become very shy and les fothcoming with comments. I'd certainly like to see Kav in charge for a day...something tells me that they'd probably find him in the mens bathroom all day

The whole expedition is on her shoulders...and she knows this. No decision that she makes is going to be without careful consideration to what is at stake and the people involved. She now realises that sometimes, there is no way out without sacrifices... that the right decision isn't always gonna be the one that's easy or pretty.

Not having seen 'Michael'..I can't really add to the disscussion in terms of
        Elizabeths decisions, but can easily say that when I do, that I won't be dissapointed in what I'm seeing.

I'm rambling...
        hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Good Mel and Bama. Those people criticizing Weir will never be leaders. I just rewatched Michael and the Sparky leadership team is in full force. No shippiness but just an unspoken closeness.

Word! Excellent, SR! *huggles*

AQ

*revels in Teh Sparkiness*
          In Other News: Thor's been Thor-Napped and placed in TPTB's Closet of Thor-Napping! *oh noes*

Comment

Ok. I'm hoping someone here can help me. I am looking for a fanfic someone posted a link for a few months ago. It was on LJ.

In the fic AR-1 and Liz are on a planet that is in Winter. Liz and John are given some bark by some kids to help them warm up. It turns out the bark is really an aphrodisiac.

I really hope someone knows this fic because I really want to read it again. It was funny!

Spoiler:
            Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
              Ok. I'm hoping someone here can help me. I am looking for a fanfic someone posted a link for a few months ago. It was on LJ.

In the fic AR-1 and Liz are on a planet that is in Winter. Liz and John are given some bark by some kids to help them warm up. It turns out the bark is really an aphrodisiac.

I really hope someone knows this fic because I really want to read it again. It was funny!
              Sounds familiar, but I couldn't name it off the top of my head. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar

Sally Lizzie probably knows which story it is - she is sort of the fanfic expert here.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                  Sally Lizzie probably knows which story it is - she is sort of the fanfic expert here.
                  lol, I know exactly which story she means, but I can't remember who wrote it or what it was called. For some reason, I have an inkling it was for a ficathon...so I'm currently going through swficathon

In lieu of this fic, I bring you Brased

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                    Its just that same "person" spouting their usual, "Weir is out of control" mindlessness that they are trying to promote all over Gateworld. After reading a bit of her million dissertations I come away wondering more why she doesn't have carpel tunnel instead of paying attention to what she writes (which just comes off as mindless rambling).
                    Are these 'critics' accusing Elizabeth of brainwashing John? Imo, that's nothing if not illogical. I'd like to see all the 'evidence' to support that one. And, they'd better hope they're not right because if she's got enough pull with him to 'brainwash' him then he's whipped pretty bad with one irrational attraction for her.

Comment

Been nosying through the S1 pics at the swficathon and found a couple I really liked

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                        Are these 'critics' accusing Elizabeth of brainwashing John? Imo, that's nothing if not illogical. I'd like to see all the 'evidence' to support that one. And, they'd better hope they're not right because if she's got enough pull with him to 'brainwash' him then he's whipped pretty bad with one irrational attraction for her.
                        Evidently she's Puppetmaster!Weir. She masterminded the whole plot in Michael
                        Spoiler:
                        browbeat the rest of them to go along and kept them in control throughout. Teyla only agreed because she trusts John. Lately it seems they've had a major mindmeld because of her wraith connection and his bug incident, so now they can communicate telepathically. But Liz has gone totally to the dark side, and John has to follow her orders because after all she is his commander.
                        Or something like that. As I think FP or Mel said it's just the one babbling loon, but she's all over the place spewing hatred.

Hey, this loon doesn't babble.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

she's all over the place spewing hatred.

hmm..it's not the return of a 'certain someone' is it?...I knew it was too good to be true. This blissful quite had to be ruined. Someday she'll see that it's a TV Show...
                          hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Hey all, thought I'd drop in and give my opinion of Michael (since it seems like you're having a bit of a discussion).

Hate to admit that when I watched it for the first time last month I did criticize it for all of the things I found to make no sense IMO. I did make a slight rant about it *runs and hides* Don't know what kind of drugs I was on then, *sigh*, could have something to do with watching it alone and
                            Spoiler:
                            having the crap scared out of my when Michael saw himself in the mirror during his dream, almost gave me a heartattack
                            *never watch in the dark, alone, with headphones* , or I think I might have been very tired, don't actually remember.

But I never thought Elizabeth was becoming too aggressive, or that John was becoming brainwashed *who said that anyways?*. I felt she was doing what she thought she had to do in order to help her team find a way of defeating the wraith. And since they are at war with the wraith, sometimes they need to do things they usually wouldn't do if it meant that they could find something they could use against them. And honestly, if we haven't already learned by now, John trusts Elizabeth, but he is rather intelligent
                            Spoiler:
                            (the whole mensa thing)
                            and I'm sure he wouldn't do something he flat out didnt' agree with.

I did think
                            Spoiler:
                            they were kinda stupid because the wraith now knew Atlantis still existed
                            *dodges flying mints*

but I respected the fact that
                            Spoiler:
                            Elizabeth was willing to take full responsiblity for what had happened, even though Carson felt like it was his fault for pushing for testing of the retrovirus
                            . I just showed that she was accepting the responsibilty she has to every member of her expedition, and that she's their leader, and the weight of all decisions lies on her shoulders, whether the ideas came from her or not.

It's rather weird. When I watch an ep by myself I tend to pick it apart (don't ask me why, I really have no viable explanation for it), but when I read other people's comments (only those that make sense and aren't going around ciritcizing or bashing all of the characters, those people bug me ), I tend to rethink my original opinion. I guess it's basically getting to see other sides to the same situation, and going 'hey they have a valid point, I never thought of it like that' .

So now, I think it's actually kind of an interesting ep. Especially liked the fact that
                            Spoiler:
                            for the most part they told the story from Michael's point of view, so we got to sort of be observer's of our main characters actions, and in a way I think it gives insight into how others perceive them.
                            And that we get to see a different side to Weir. A side that is willing to take risks and make hard decisions in order to try and do what she thinks is best for everyone under her command. It has to be hard on her, always having to be strong, and make those sorts of decisions, and possibly making some people angry with her in the process. It's all part of being a leader, and she's now showing us that she's learning what being a true leader is all about.

It'll be very interesting to see what kind of fall out we get in season 3 with regards to the decisions made in Michael and Allies. I'm sure whatever it ends up being, that John will be by Elizabeth's side supporting her.

This post turned out being way longer than I intended. Sorry for the novel.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                              Been nosying through the S1 pics at the swficathon and found a couple I really liked

i love those pics!!!!!!!
                              ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by GateByte
                                Hey all, thought I'd drop in and give my opinion of Michael (since it seems like you're having a bit of a discussion).

I did think
                                Spoiler:
                                they were kinda stupid because the wraith ew Atlantis still existed
                                *dodges flying mints*

but I respected the fact that
                                Spoiler:
                                Elizabeth was willing to take full responsiblity for what had happened, even though Carson felt like it was his fault for pushing for testing of the retrovirus
                                . I just showed that she was accepting the responsibilty she has to every member of her expedition, and that she's their leader, and the weight of all decisions lies on her shoulders, whether the ideas came from her or not.

It's rather weird. When I watch an ep by myself I tend to pick it apart (don't ask me why, I really have no viable explanation for it), but when I read other people's comments (only those that make sense and aren't going around ciritcizing or bashing all of the characters, those people bug me ), I tend to rethink my original opinion. I guess it's basically getting to see other sides to the same situation, and going 'hey they have a valid point, I never thought of it like that' .

So now, I think it's actually kind of an interesting ep. Especially liked the fact that
                                Spoiler:
                                for the most part they told the story from Michael's point of view, so we got to sort of be observer's of our main characters actions, and in a way I think it gives insight into how others perceive them.
                                And that we get to see a different side to Weir. A side that is willing to take risks and make hard decisions in order to try and do what she thinks is best for everyone under her command. It has to be hard on her, always having to be strong, and make those sorts of decisions, and possibly making some people angry with her in the process. It's all part of being a leader, and she's now showing us that she's learning what being a true leader is all about.

It'll be very interesting to see what kind of fall out we get in season 3 with regards to the decisions made in Michael and Allies. I'm sure whatever it ends up being, that John will be by Elizabeth's side supporting her.

This post turned out being way longer than I intended. Sorry for the novel.
                                Your novel was great. The part in bold won't get any flying mints from me. You're right. But being stupid is kind of an underlying theme of this show. And it works for them.

Liz's acceptance of responsibility is a sign of great leadership.
                                Spoiler:
                                She talked to each member of the team, got their ideas, let them make a decision based on their expertise and then was willing to take the blame if it didn't work out. And seeing it from Mike's POV was the best thing to me. Noone was out of character IMHO. You were just seeing them as he did. Basic actions, words, etc. without any hint as to what they were thinking. Brilliantly conceived and wonderfully acted by all. Didn't Beckett just break your heart?
                                This will be an excellent plot for some continuity next season. And nothing wrong with letting our heroes screw up occasionally. It makes them 3 dimensional.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X