Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    It's going to get up to 60 here tomorrow, but it's going to rain all day and then at night it will go down to 15 so all that rain is going to freeze. And we're supposed to have high winds on Friday, so I'm keeping my phone plugged in at all times just in case I lose power. I also bumped up the heat a little to prepare the house for a power loss. I'm so used to it being 60 in my house, that the current temp of 64 has me uncomfortable.
    We're seeing news reports of the arctic freeze in the US, and we're counting our blessings it doesn't get that cold over here.

However, I could do with a little less rain this weekend. It's pouring. It's not gonna be a white christmas but very wet one.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Oh yes, hope everyone had a Spirited Solstice!

The warmup has begun...slowly. The newsies are all freaking out over the freezing rain hitting Seattle; bus services have been shut down all over the place, Sea-Tac airport is down to one runway open due to ice, a few of the ferry routes are shut down, it's a mess. So glad we don't need to go anywhere. It's gonna be a slushy, muddy Christmas out here!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Also, I need this week to be over already so I can enjoy my 3-day weekend -- boo Christianity for stealing Yule and also thanks cause national holiday on a Sunday means bankholiday on a monday

I don't know if my allergies are just kicking up, or if I'm coming down with a cold or the flu or covid or what. But my nose hurts from my blowing it so often. Ugh!!
      It could also be the cold temps themselves. Then combine that with the heaters being on inside drying out the air, and noses can seesaw between running, stuffy, and sometimes even bloody. That happens to me quite a bit.

It's going to get up to 60 here tomorrow, but it's going to rain all day and then at night it will go down to 15 so all that rain is going to freeze. And we're supposed to have high winds on Friday, so I'm keeping my phone plugged in at all times just in case I lose power. I also bumped up the heat a little to prepare the house for a power loss. I'm so used to it being 60 in my house, that the current temp of 64 has me uncomfortable.
      *hugs you* Ugh, I was feeling that yesterday, it was COLD, down in the teens. Having to keep the heat up was giving me a headache. And we did have an outage, from late late in the afternoon until a little after 2 this morning. Thank goodness for our standby generator. Really hoping you don't have an outage! *more hugs*
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Well, I briefly lost power but only briefly. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to sleep all night because of my nose and it was like 8am and I finalllllly fell asleep, only to have the noise of the power outage and turning back on wake me up. Grrrrr!

But the winds are supposed to pick back up this afternoon, so.... we'll see!!

We're seeing news reports of the arctic freeze in the US, and we're counting our blessings it doesn't get that cold over here.

However, I could do with a little less rain this weekend. It's pouring. It's not gonna be a white christmas but very wet one.
        I'm not in an area where it's that insane cold like the middle of the country. Thank goodness!!

It's pouring here now too.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
        The warmup has begun...slowly. The newsies are all freaking out over the freezing rain hitting Seattle; bus services have been shut down all over the place, Sea-Tac airport is down to one runway open due to ice, a few of the ferry routes are shut down, it's a mess. So glad we don't need to go anywhere. It's gonna be a slushy, muddy Christmas out here!
        Yuck! I'm glad you don't have to go anywhere.

Some family friends flew over from Italy where they're stationed in the Army to Colorado, and then they tried to fly here to Rhode Island but all the flights got cancelled. They brought their poor kitty who's having a tough time of it. Poor thing!! They're stuck in a hotel in Colorado and don't know when they'll be getting here. (I'm not quite understanding why they would fly from Italy to Colorado when they're trying to get to Rhode Island... makes no freaking sense, but hey it's the Army).

It could also be the cold temps themselves. Then combine that with the heaters being on inside drying out the air, and noses can seesaw between running, stuffy, and sometimes even bloody. That happens to me quite a bit.

*hugs you* Ugh, I was feeling that yesterday, it was COLD, down in the teens. Having to keep the heat up was giving me a headache. And we did have an outage, from late late in the afternoon until a little after 2 this morning. Thank goodness for our standby generator. Really hoping you don't have an outage! *more hugs*
        *glomps you*

Yes, it could be that my bumping up the heat has exacerbated my dust allergies. Frakking allergies. I took a covid test during the night and it was negative, so that's good at least.

I'm glad you have a standby generator. I thought about getting one myself, but when the house was built my mother didn't want a gas pipeline to be installed cause she feared gas (which she passed on to me - a house blew up in my town once!! ). And so besides the cost of the generator and the installation, I'd have to have the whole freaking yard dug up to install a gas pipeline. That's just not in the cards.

Comment

Hey, remember this --> Atlantis Rising

Considering I thought we'd lost access to these stories*, maybe it's time we transfer 'em to a newer location. Would AoO be a good location? I could try to create a home for them there.

* even if nothing every goes away on the interwebz except for images uploaded to Photobucket but then by chance you find them again on an old laptop

Comment

Hey, remember this --> Atlantis Rising

Considering I thought we'd lost access to these stories*, maybe it's time we transfer 'em to a newer location. Would AoO be a good location? I could try to create a home for them there.

* even if nothing every goes away on the interwebz except for images uploaded to Photobucket but then by chance you find them again on an old laptop
            I know KrisRussell mentioned it on the Sparktober Discord, but I can't remember what she said and I'll never find it again. I can ask her if you want?

Comment

I know KrisRussell mentioned it on the Sparktober Discord, but I can't remember what she said and I'll never find it again. I can ask her if you want?
              Ah, that would be a good idea. I haven't seen her in a long while, not on Facebook and not in real life either.

Comment

Ah, that would be a good idea. I haven't seen her in a long while, not on Facebook and not in real life either.
                Okay I think I just sent her a message on Discord. I typed it and hit enter, and it went away so I guess it sent it. I'll let you know.

Comment

I spoke too soon about it not getting that cold here. Right now it's 5 F (-15 C), and the wind chill temp is -6 F (-21 C). And I have to go out in a few hours to get bloodwork done for an upcoming doctor's appointment. Brrrrr! I'll definitely be using my automatic car starter this morning.

Comment

I'm watching The Storm/The Eye. Since it's basically Die Hard, which is a Christmas movie, I say it counts as holiday cheer.

I still haven't done my wrapping. Zero desire to do it.

Comment

I'll do my wrapping later in the week. I have one secret santa gift wrapped for a colleague at work and there's only my uncle's gift left so I'm good.

I could also wrap my resignation but that would probably be too much. Mmm... yeah, the company I applied at in october came knocking again and chances are that this time I might actually bite.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday and Happy Christmas Eve!

Well, I briefly lost power but only briefly. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to sleep all night because of my nose and it was like 8am and I finalllllly fell asleep, only to have the noise of the power outage and turning back on wake me up. Grrrrr!

But the winds are supposed to pick back up this afternoon, so.... we'll see!!
                        Glad the power's back on for you! And joy of joys for us, we've got another county-wide outage going on right now, and yet again, it's something on the mainland that our power co-op has no control over. Puget Sound Energy, what is wrong with your equipment over there?

Yuck! I'm glad you don't have to go anywhere.

Some family friends flew over from Italy where they're stationed in the Army to Colorado, and then they tried to fly here to Rhode Island but all the flights got cancelled. They brought their poor kitty who's having a tough time of it. Poor thing!! They're stuck in a hotel in Colorado and don't know when they'll be getting here. (I'm not quite understanding why they would fly from Italy to Colorado when they're trying to get to Rhode Island... makes no freaking sense, but hey it's the Army).
                        ​Hmm, when they came from Italy, did they fly military or commercial? If it was military, that may have been the only flight they could get out of their base.

Yes, it could be that my bumping up the heat has exacerbated my dust allergies. Frakking allergies. I took a covid test during the night and it was negative, so that's good at least.
                        Very good news! Yeah, I'd say it was the heat. *nods firmly*

I'm glad you have a standby generator. I thought about getting one myself, but when the house was built my mother didn't want a gas pipeline to be installed cause she feared gas (which she passed on to me - a house blew up in my town once!! ). And so besides the cost of the generator and the installation, I'd have to have the whole freaking yard dug up to install a gas pipeline. That's just not in the cards.​
                        Yeah, knowing about the weather shenanigans at this time of year, we always planned to have a generator when we built the house, so we had the transfer switch and the extra line from the propane tank done as part of the original build in preparation for getting the generator. Because yeah, getting a retrofit done afterward can be more expensive/inconvenient.​

I spoke too soon about it not getting that cold here. Right now it's 5 F (-15 C), and the wind chill temp is -6 F (-21 C). And I have to go out in a few hours to get bloodwork done for an upcoming doctor's appointment. Brrrrr! I'll definitely be using my automatic car starter this morning.

I'm watching The Storm/The Eye. Since it's basically Die Hard, which is a Christmas movie, I say it counts as holiday cheer.
                        Works for me!

I could also wrap my resignation but that would probably be too much. Mmm... yeah, the company I applied at in october came knocking again and chances are that this time I might actually bite.
                        Ah, maybe that's indeed a sign.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate!!

I wanted to post some Sparky Christmas stuff but this site won't let me cause anything above like 2 pixels is above their freaking limit. Maybe I'll post them on Discord later.

I went to church with my brother and sister-in-law last night, even though I'm really an agnostic (who grew up Catholic). I hoped maybe it would get me in the Christmas spirit. All it did was give me a headache because of all the incense they used.

And it's still freaking cold!

I'll do my wrapping later in the week. I have one secret santa gift wrapped for a colleague at work and there's only my uncle's gift left so I'm good.

Hmmm, an interesting proposition! Let us know what you decide.

Glad the power's back on for you! And joy of joys for us, we've got another county-wide outage going on right now, and yet again, it's something on the mainland that our power co-op has no control over. Puget Sound Energy, what is wrong with your equipment over there?
                          What the hell???? Sounds as bad as Texas.

​Hmm, when they came from Italy, did they fly military or commercial? If it was military, that may have been the only flight they could get out of their base.
                          I'm not sure. I haven't spoken to them again. I heard they did eventually make it home.

Yeah, knowing about the weather shenanigans at this time of year, we always planned to have a generator when we built the house, so we had the transfer switch and the extra line from the propane tank done as part of the original build in preparation for getting the generator. Because yeah, getting a retrofit done afterward can be more expensive/inconvenient.​​
                          Very smart planning!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!

Just checked the temperature outside and it's 49 degrees. A Christmas miracle!

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate!!

I wanted to post some Sparky Christmas stuff but this site won't let me cause anything above like 2 pixels is above their freaking limit. Maybe I'll post them on Discord later.

I went to church with my brother and sister-in-law last night, even though I'm really an agnostic (who grew up Catholic). I hoped maybe it would get me in the Christmas spirit. All it did was give me a headache because of all the incense they used.

And it's still freaking cold!
                            LOL! Yeah, that incense is something, isn't it?

What the hell???? Sounds as bad as Texas.
                            Well, at least the whole state wasn't out.

Very smart planning!!
                            We certainly can't stop gloating every time the power goes out and we look out to see it's nearly pitch black outside except for those few twinkling lights of our fellow generator jockeys, LOL!

Comment

Rain, rain, rain, rain, .... and guess what, more rain came falling from the heavens today.

It's outright depressing weather here.

Went to the zoo and obviously got wet but at the same time, it was nice out cause there were literally not many others about cause of the rain or because they were celebrating X-mas.

Comment

Just got home from the final Christmas celebration. My back is so freaking sore it's not even funny. I got some nice gifts, though!

My sister bought me the Minions: Rise of Gru DVD. She's so cute, thinking people still use DVDs. I don't even know if my Blue Ray still works, I haven't used it in so long. Still, she meant well so I appreciate it!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Just checked the temperature outside and it's 49 degrees. A Christmas miracle!
                                It's still Arctic like here. My automatic car starter wouldn't even work this morning because it was too cold. We're a few days behind you, so we'll be up to that temp later this week.

LOL! Yeah, that incense is something, isn't it?
                                Right??? And my allergies are still acting up, so I was trying soooo hard not to sneeze.

Well, at least the whole state wasn't out.
                                So true! I just read about tampering at some Washington state power stations. Is that what happened to you?

We certainly can't stop gloating every time the power goes out and we look out to see it's nearly pitch black outside except for those few twinkling lights of our fellow generator jockeys, LOL!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                                Rain, rain, rain, rain, .... and guess what, more rain came falling from the heavens today.

It's outright depressing weather here.

Went to the zoo and obviously got wet but at the same time, it was nice out cause there were literally not many others about cause of the rain or because they were celebrating X-mas.
                                That.... sucks. Glad you were able to enjoy the zoo, though!!​
                                Last edited by JT-2; 25 December 2022, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X