Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bama
    Heh. Yeah, I think we can safely say that action from 'lizabeth got his attention fully. If John is anything like my husband though, he may be pretty oblivious about the 'little things'.

A lot has been said about who would make the first move and honestly, I still haven't made up my mind what would be better. I think the hug scene among others shows that Elizabeth is willing to be more aggressive and overt in showing her feelings toward him if the opening is there. And, I do think that she's capable of such may be important perhaps because of John's nature or, if my husband is right, and he just didn't expect to see Elizabeth romantically then such overtness by her would certainly help him 'see the light' so to speak.
    You know, I always wanted for John to make the first move, but for awhile now I have been wondering if Elizabeth should do it instead. John just doesn't seem like someone who has the guts to talk to a woman he loves about his feelings.
    We get so many "first moves" from Elizabeth already. The hug, coming into to his room a few times, the
    Spoiler:
    kiss
    (we know it wasn't her, but it may be TPTB's method of telling us something). What else have I left out?
    So this may be either - TPTB are showing us that eventually it will be Elizabeth who will open up to John, or it will be John for a change. I think it's the first one though.

Comment

Originally posted by seetheship
      Spoiler:
      big badass smile when she sees her "better half" again. Yeah ..its a thing of beauty that happens ONLY and ONLY when Lt Col Errand Boy is involved!!

Heh that name is going to stay for a while, won't it Loved that scene in Coup D'etat. The whole exchange

Comment

Originally posted by Bama

Oh, and J and E being married or intimately involved wouldn't matter a bit to him nor change the reasons he enjoys the show.
        Cool Honestly, with they way they've acted around each other, they might as well be

Comment

Critical Mass http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s2/2...5Fmass455.html

Shep: "Why that Qasim - I'll get him for trying to chat up my Liz"
          Liz: "I think hes quite cute actually"
          Shep:"Aaarrrggghhh - he wont be for much longer!!"
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen
            Heh that name is going to stay for a while, won't it Loved that scene in Coup D'etat. The whole exchange
            Right. Love to see how Liz would react if she noticed this comment. Shep as her 'boy'.
            And btw, great siggy!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
              Right. Love to see how Liz would react if she noticed this comment. Shep as her 'boy'.
              And btw, great siggy!
              Thank you!

BTW B, everytime I hear Bryan Adams' Can't Stop This Thing We Started now, it reminds me of Control Games (mostly the beginning)

Comment

i LOVE "Errand Boy!!!".... that scene was brilliant i say!!!
                ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen
                  BTW B, everytime I hear Bryan Adams' Can't Stop This Thing We Started now, it reminds me of Control Games (mostly the beginning)
                  ?
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                    ?
                    yeah i am with ya on that one Q!! huh?
                    ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by Erised

ah okay! k8 is a local then
                      awesome weather today, huh!
                      and I'm inside because this thread is like a drug. I need it to survive!
                      uh... did that sound a bit too obsessed?
                      Yes great weather, only problem I got scarves for christmas and havent been able to wear them. I'm so obsessed too w/ this place. I'm always here when I have free time. Don't feel bad!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                        You know, I think John occasionally gets a clue. And since a picture says a thousand words and I tend to be a bit loquacious, let's go with a photo essay.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ye/theeye5.jpg
                        "Weir's alive?"
                        Thank you! I don't have that episode on DVD (yet) so i've never been able to capture that moment clearly. i love his face! it's like the light' just came back on his world! (and nice directing, that at the moment he finds out elizbeth is alive, there's a huge flash of light on his face, illustrating the point i just made!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...heeye/eye2.jpg
                        "I will shoot you if you don't let her go." (Yes, my one regret in the parallel I wrote of this scene in "Game On" was that no one was sopping wet. I don't know what I was thinking.)
                        i love this. john is so dangerous when elizabeth is threatened. i'm surprised anyone would have courage to stand between john and elizabeth when elizabeth's in danger.or vice versa, to get in elizabeth's way when john's in danger. (re; epiphany).i get the feeling she could get pretty dangerous herself to save her man (i would love to see that!)

oh, the concern on his face! and how gentle he is with her! it just makes me do my happy little shipper dance (thank goodness i live alone!)

that's what i loved about hot zone. he's trying to justify his action but in the end it comes down to saving her, not everyone else

he's practically screaming 'i love you' in this one!!!

can never get too much of the hug

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...enaktt/th1.jpg
                        Right. John never shows his feelings. [/center]
                        I agree!!John might not say anything, but he has the most expressive face. what he feels for her is emblazoned on it loud and clear for anyone to see. (though i would like to hear him say something. and a kiss. i'd love to see a kiss..a real one, not a fake one)
                        Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                          You know, I always wanted for John to make the first move, but for awhile now I have been wondering if Elizabeth should do it instead. John just doesn't seem like someone who has the guts to talk to a woman he loves about his feelings.
                          We get so many "first moves" from Elizabeth already. The hug, coming into to his room a few times, the
                          Spoiler:
                          kiss
                          (we know it wasn't her, but it may be TPTB's method of telling us something). What else have I left out?
                          So this may be either - TPTB are showing us that eventually it will be Elizabeth who will open up to John, or it will be John for a change. I think it's the first one though.
                          You're right about the first moves being from Elizabeth. It'd be a huge thing if the actual 'real' first move came from John. I think that's the only way we wouldn't be getting everyone saying bad things about our ship.
                          John needs to be seen to have some sort of investment in the relationship with Elizabeth. Otherwise they'll all say it's one-sided

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb

I agree!!John might not say anything, but he has the most expressive face. what he feels for her is emblazoned on it loud and clear for anyone to see. (though i would like to hear him say something. and a kiss. i'd love to see a kiss..a real one, not a fake one)
                            They're both so expressive.

Torri and Joe are the kind of actors who can really play out a scene without the use of many words. When you put them together in a scene it's magic!

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                              They're both so expressive.

Torri and Joe are the kind of actors who can really play out a scene without the use of many words. When you put them together in a scene it's magic!
                              You know, even when Sheppard is Kirking, he never looks at anyone else the way he looks at Elizabeth. Whether he's kidding or being serious, there's an intensity and vulnerability in the way he gazes at her that's missing in the way he looks at everyone else.

Comment

You know what i'd like to see?

John's always going on missions and going missing and Elizabeth has to deal with it. For once, it'd be interesting to see Elizabeth go on a mission, and go missing, and see how John has to deal with the waiting and uncertainty. I'd like to see that And she is a linguist, and in Epiphany
                                Spoiler:
                                she does make the point that she not only has to go to the planet but through the wierd doorway to read any instuctions and do translations
                                so there is a reason to go off world. And if they think it's a safe planet, and John is recovering from an injury sustained on a previous mission, he'd have to let her go without him...and then wham! She disappears, and for one he's the one left behind, and then he'd know what she feels everytime he disappears. I don't think he'd cope with it half as well as she does.

Comment

Working...
                                X