Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red
    Ok, I blame the hard drugs. Damn sinus headache. Why does the weather have to change?

Shep: Does it involve a closet and is it hard, sweaty work?
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by bevfank
      Thank you! Why yes a mint would be lovely. (I did see those posts )
      **grabs mint from bevfank, blows dust from mint, hands mint back to bevfank**

there ya go!
      hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Originally posted by SGLAB
        Now, Major_Moomin, it's not nice to trick the newbies.
        *shrugs*... Someone has to do the dirty work around here...
        hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
          Well, I don't think there's much of a point in denying the fact that they tried to do something with Shep/Teyla. It's kind of like going out on a couple dates and realizing that while you could be really, really good friends, you're not really interested in each other on any other level. That kind of thing happens, and for the sake of continuity I'm glad that they haven't just shoved it in a closet and never spoken of it again.

Instead, they resolved it. And I think they did it from Teyla's side back in Letters from Pegasus, where Teyla finally realized that Sheppard was not the man she'd thought he was, and that she'd been expecting "too much" from him. I don't deny that she had a crush on him, but it was immediate and not really based on who he is. At that point, I'd venture to say that McKay and Weir were the only ones who were anywhere close to knowing who Sheppard really is.

Her crush on him was natural and very real. He was a good-looking guy who really tried to connect with her. He saved her and her people when he was under no obligation to do so. But through all this she failed to see much that lay beneath the surface until Letters from Pegasus, when she assumed she knew his mind and really didn't. She'd put him up on a pedestal, and as with all idols, he came crashing down to humanity in her eyes eventually.

Why are you so smart? I've thought all that for months but could never get it all in one coherent statement like that. In theology of which I know enought to get in a lot of trouble that is called iconoclastic arrogance. Where you hold someone up as an icon and then when they prove to be human you have to attack them. You're the arrogant one because you expect them to meet and surpass your lofty standards. I've always gotten this vibe from Teyla that she feels that way about all the Earthlings. Remember the line in Condemned
          Spoiler:
          Do you execute all your violent prisoners?
          Her tone there seemed a little superior to me. My husband says my dislike for her is irrational. Who cares what he thinks. But really this season I almost like her. If she didn't seem so angry all the time.

Welcome bevfank. Most of us don't bite.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
            Shep: Does it involve a closet and is it hard, sweaty work?
            I have a reply to that but it's so non PG I can't even begin to tell you. Again. Drugged.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I have a reply to that but it's so non PG I can't even begin to tell you. Again. Drugged.
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

yes yes... we like to keep things PG rated around here... youngins and everything
                ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
                  You're reading this thread from p.1???
                  OMG I didn't do that. Was I supposed to?
                  You mean YOU didn't? *pulling out Performance Improvement Form*

Originally posted by bevfank
                  Thank you! Why yes a mint would be lovely. (I did see those posts )
                  No, no. .you don't want one of THOSE! (Major M. is BAD)

Same here!!! Luckily normal people stay away from this thread.
                  Have to agree with this one.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Why are you so smart? I've thought all that for months but could never get it all in one coherent statement like that. In theology of which I know enought to get in a lot of trouble that is called iconoclastic arrogance. Where you hold someone up as an icon and then when they prove to be human you have to attack them. You're the arrogant one because you expect them to meet and surpass your lofty standards. I've always gotten this vibe from Teyla that she feels that way about all the Earthlings. Remember the line in Condemned
                    Spoiler:
                    Do you execute all your violent prisoners?
                    Her tone there seemed a little superior to me. My husband says my dislike for her is irrational. Who cares what he thinks. But really this season I almost like her. If she didn't seem so angry all the time.

Welcome bevfank. Most of us don't bite.
                    I think you've put into words my thoughts on Teyla exactly. I was listening to the commentary for one of eps after LFP Teyla is definitely giving Shep some irritated looks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde
                      yes yes... we like to keep things PG rated around here... youngins and everything
                      Whats wrong with doing press-ups in a closet on top of his favourite.....ermm...mat
                      love Torri

Comment

Whats wrong with doing press-ups in a closet on top of his favourite.....ermm...mat
                        not pg not pg not pg not pg

Comment

Looks like Qasim and Major M. both need some mints today:

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightingale
                            not pg not pg not pg not pg
                            Give the guy some slack and let him 'exercise'!! I guess he will need an exercise partner aswell.............................
                            love Torri

Comment

can not believe you posted that!!
                              sooo NOT PG!!!
                              ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

...*thud*

*think PG...*
                                hh

Comment

Working...
                                X