Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you k8 and Finnstardust

Phew! I come back from college and have 5 pages to catch up on! Argh!

Ha! No Sheyla at all! I can’t even remember any ep that wasn’t sparky! TPTB are so doing it

Originally posted by weirfan517
    I think it's possible that some people got the idea that she was gonna be like Hammond, form what they saw. In the first season, we were unfortanate and didn't get as much weir development as this one, but there were a few eps in her favor.
    Well, I never thought of her as Hammond, but in the beginning TPTB did try to make her look and act very serious. They realized that it’s Elizabeth who should be the star of the show soon enough though, and I’m glad they did.

Originally posted by alyssa
    Are you serious? I hope not, because
    Spoiler:
    they'd probably try to revisit the chemistry between Daniel and Elizabeth from the SG1 eps. Don't want him getting in the way of our Sparky pair! I'd prefer Sam since she's already paired off with Jack!
    Spoiler:
    No no no, this is good! We all know that Elizabeth is so in love with John. What we need is something to make John show his feelings! Imagine him being jealous because Daniel will not be able to keep his eyes off Elizabeth!! Hahaha I feel better just by thinking about it.

Originally posted by Southern Red
    I was reading the Coup d'Etat episode thread and some observant but clueless soul asked
    Spoiler:
    "what's with that look at the end between Sheppard and Weir?" I almost fell over laughing.
    are you serious??? Hahaha did they also say this kind of thing after TLG? Lol. Oh no, that’s wrong - Some folks haven’t realized that they’re in love after TLG?? *is dead*

Originally posted by Bama
    Well, SGA is established and has a core fanbase and it's time for them to take more risks and forge new ground. I'm really expecting that in season three. I don't even *think* of it as Stargate Atlantis. I just think of it as Atlantis-period. The 'gate' itself is secondary and just a tool in my mind-it's not the 'story' any longer.
    Awesome post, Bama! I Was just thinking that a few days ago. We don’t really see a lot of focus on Stargate. Sure they go and fly through it, but Atlantis is just so much more exciting than a Stargate. It’s just too mysterious and more complicated. I also think about this show as just Atlantis. TPTB did just a wonderful job of making a totally different TV show. No comparison to SG-1, nothing!

Comment

Well, I was just capping the last several minutes of Coup d'État, and thought I'd share this cap:

Totally got a song from Guys and Dolls in my head because of this cap.
      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
      Last update: 14 April 2006
      Melyanna's Multimedia
      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Erised
        thank you k8 and Finnstardust

Phew! I come back from college and have 5 pages to catch up on! Argh!

Ha! No Sheyla at all! I can’t even remember any ep that wasn’t sparky! TPTB are so doing it

Well, I never thought of her as Hammond, but in the beginning TPTB did try to make her look and act very serious. They realized that it’s Elizabeth who should be the star of the show soon enough though, and I’m glad they did.
        Yeah, she could never be a Hammond type. She's not old enough and she's not military. She could never have had a conflicting Jack/Daniel relationship with John, either. I think they had the idea of her being at odds with John because of the military/civilian thing, but it hasn't worked that way. Instead of separating her from him, it's actually drawn them together because his questioning of authority is related to his sympathetic nature and his desire to do the right thing by the individual involved.

Spoiler:
        No no no, this is good! We all know that Elizabeth is so in love with John. What we need is something to make John show his feelings! Imagine him being jealous because Daniel will not be able to keep his eyes off Elizabeth!! Hahaha I feel better just by thinking about it.

I've had a rethink on this. If it's a short term thing, that's a good thing, you're right. Provided we get plenty of reaction from John.
        are you serious??? Hahaha did they also say this kind of thing after TLG? Lol. Oh no, that’s wrong - Some folks haven’t realized that they’re in love after TLG?? *is dead*

Awesome post, Bama! I Was just thinking that a few days ago. We don’t really see a lot of focus on Stargate. Sure they go and fly through it, but Atlantis is just so much more exciting than a Stargate. It’s just too mysterious and more complicated. I also think about this show as just Atlantis. TPTB did just a wonderful job of making a totally different TV show. No comparison to SG-1, nothing!
        Oohh! Erised! Look who's got a PM!!

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
          Well, I was just capping the last several minutes of Coup d'État, and thought I'd share this cap:

Which song? The one about bells?

Yeah, that's the look of a woman on love, and totally appreciating the man in front of her, and knowing it. See, this is what I like about Elizabeth..she's not afraid of her emotions... (Cavanaugh agreed with me!! In a nasty way, but still...) and she's not afraid of acknowledging what her emoions tell her...she's falling for John, and she likes it. Now if only he could stop kirking....
          Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

btw, anyone know where i can find some shepweir music vids?
            Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb

Yeah, that's the look of a woman on love, and totally appreciating the man in front of her, and knowing it. See, this is what I like about Elizabeth..she's not afraid of her emotions... (Cavanaugh agreed with me!! In a nasty way, but still...) and she's not afraid of acknowledging what her emoions tell her...she's falling for John, and she likes it. Now if only he could stop kirking....
              Wonderful picture! Torri's beautifully expressive! She takes the smallest moment and makes it into something big! All actors should be that talented!

Comment

btw, anyone know where i can find some shepweir music vids?
                Go here

http://kawoosh.co.uk/

Then click on pairing, theres a ton of them. You can also search for videos by song and singer. Its a great site.

Enjoy

Comment

The one that starts off "Your eyes are the eyes of a woman in love." At the moment I can't remember the name, just Marlon Brando singing it.

I think she definitely recognizes that John is special to her in a way that no one else on the expedition is. She can pass it off as them working together closely and a good friendship resulting, but I think that deep down she knows better. It's really just a matter of time.
                  Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                  Last update: 14 April 2006
                  Melyanna's Multimedia
                  Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

OMG this look is so hot and revealing!
                    It's all about the eyes.

Comment

haha I wonder when she realized that
                      err... can I post this as an img? :rolleeyes:
                      http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...l/theyknow.jpg
                      Elizabeth: crap, John! Because of you they know about us!
                      John: me? It was you who was checking out my backside!
                      Great shot! I can't help but notice the photo on her desk is almost clear enough to make out well. We know it's Sedge, but maybe once the DVDs come out, we'll be able to make out more detail.
                      "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                      My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

The one that starts off "Your eyes are the eyes of a woman in love." At the moment I can't remember the name, just Marlon Brando singing it.
                        Oh geeze...and here I was humming 'Luck be a Lady Tonight'. Maybe that one will apply later on in the S/W ship eh?

I *adore* Guys and Dolls! The music was fabulous and I too adore that song you're referring to. It does fit the pic very well. 'lizabeth's eyes say a lot in regard to John. Actually, I adore most old movies. Imo, they're so much better. They're so much more romantic than today's mostly trite stuff.
                        One of my favorite romantic films is 'Teacher's Pet' with two of my favorite legendary actors -Clark Gable and Doris Day. Black and White film -1957.

I think she definitely recognizes that John is special to her in a way that no one else on the expedition is. She can pass it off as them working together closely and a good friendship resulting, but I think that deep down she knows better. It's really just a matter of time.
                        I *love* the way you put that. Dead on. I think she definitely knows better though I agree with others earlier who posted they thought she'd fight herself on it to some degree. 'lizabeth is no fool and she's a no nonsense sort of woman so I wager that while she won't dwell on the nature of her feelings because she may see that 'more' feeling as something that will pass or something not so big that it's uncontrollable on her part, she won't try to tell herself that a bit something 'more' doesn't exist either. She feels it. The draw and the attraction. You can see it in her eyes.
                        Last edited by Bama; 10 January 2006, 03:09 PM.

Comment

haha I wonder when she realized that
                          err... can I post this as an img? :rolleeyes:
                          http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...l/theyknow.jpg
                          Elizabeth: crap, John! Because of you they know about us!
                          John: me? It was you who was checking out my backside!
                          Ok...which one of you manip 'queens' put Gateworld MB on 'lizabeth's computer?! LOL!!! Of course she reads us in her spare time!!!

Erised-woman you are pure shippy evil good!!! LOL!

P.S.

This SGA poll has enough participants now to be interesting. Great poll. Go indulge if you haven't.
                          Looks like Spanky is giving Sparky a run for it's money! LOL!

http://mboard.scifi.com/showflat.php...rt=1&vc=1&nt=2
                          Last edited by Bama; 10 January 2006, 03:19 PM.

Comment

^ thank you, thank you
                            made another manip

John: Hey, whatcha doin'?
                            Elizabeth: Nothin'!!

Comment

John: Come on 'lizabeth...what are you lookin at?
                              Elizabeth: Oh...Phoebus just shot me an email reminding me of something...
                              John: *raising eyebrows* "Oh?"
                              Elizabeth: Why don't you close the door behind you John. I've got something I want to...um...discuss with you...in private."
                              John: *looks around at glass panels everywhere* "Um...wouldn't closet #7 be a better place for that?"

Comment

^ thank you, thank you
                                made another manip
                                http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...hatchadoin.jpg
                                *roflmao* That's so sweet *giggle*, what a bummer that I can't green you at the moment. Will do later!

They're such cuties!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X