Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Yeah, I'm half-expecting to see things get shut down again at some point.
    Oh, totally. Just like the schools. Locally, most schools have reopened at least part-way. I give it 'til November until they close back down again. I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Thing 1 is walking away with a dustpan and dragging a big broom. I'm sure that ended well.
      It seems Thing 1 & 2 are approx. the same age as Olivia (daughter of my sister from another mother)... she felt it necessary to tell my Dad that he should fill the dishwasher faster, then proceeded to close its door before he was finished, and then finished it off by using the kitchen towels to clean the floor with water dripped from her drinking bottle.

...Air Force spanked Navy 40-7...
      GO TEAM!!!
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        It seems Thing 1 & 2 are approx. the same age as Olivia (daughter of my sister from another mother)... she felt it necessary to tell my Dad that he should fill the dishwasher faster, then proceeded to close its door before he was finished, and then finished it off by using the kitchen towels to clean the floor with water dripped from her drinking bottle.

GO TEAM!!!
        Olivia sounds like the typical 2 year old. Thing 1 loves to "help" which means he picks up things and puts them in the trash to the point that they have to search through the trash for valuables. When we were there on Sat he took his and Thing 2's diapers to the trash, so that's good. Thing 2 is very reluctant to even help pick up toys, however.

Unfortunately, they are learning "no." If you ask them if they want to read a book, it's always "no" but then later they might come and ask you to read to them. Thing2 never stops talking while Thing 1 is quiet. Typical of twins, so we have to encourage Thing 1 to talk more. Never a dull moment.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Unfortunately, they are learning "no." If you ask them if they want to read a book, it's always "no" but then later they might come and ask you to read to them. Thing2 never stops talking while Thing 1 is quiet. Typical of twins, so we have to encourage Thing 1 to talk more. Never a dull moment.
          Ah... Olivia is at the "Mine"-stage...

Which meant that every teddy bear in our house -- and my mom collected a lot of them in her lifetime -- were suddenly hers.
          I feared she'd take them home with her, and would be angry when they told her that wasn't possible, but all was well. They told her they would be her "teddy bears at Mon's place". She happily agreed and designated my dad as their keeper, handing him all the bears (and there were a lot of them).

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            Oh, totally. Just like the schools. Locally, most schools have reopened at least part-way. I give it 'til November until they close back down again. I hope I'm wrong.
            I hope so too. It's really not good for the kids to be away from in-person schooling for so long.

Speaking of kids, omg the shenanigans SR's and FH's relatives are getting into...
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Not sure if you have been seeing the Instagram activity, but Joe has been doing livestreams. He is under quarantine (losing his mind) and is going live each day at 2pm EST. His hair has been epic.

My appointment went fine. Everything is healing. I go for my first radiation appointment in 2 weeks.

Glad everything is healing!

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Definitely sounds like the right choice. Glad to hear everything's healing, and praying the radiation does it's job even better than anticipated.

Oh it's absolutely worth it. And fortunately, the really crazy times when the ferry home ends up getting in two hours late are very very rare. (yes, this actually happened to us on Monday night. Didn't get into bed until 1am. )

Heeheehee! I'm right there with you! I'm in my happy spot, I don't want to leeeaaavvvvve....
              I love ferries, but it would stress me out to depend on them like that. Two hours...that gives me a headache just thinking about it. Hopefully no groceries were casualties.

It's October!!! Fall!!! WooHoo!!!!!

I want a new car. Do I have the money for a new car? No. Do I have the money in my 401k that I could steal from to buy a new car? Yes. Do I want to pay the fines for taking money out of 401k? No.
              If you need a new car- because I know pulling 401k money is always frowned upon by financial gurus- and your state is still declared a disaster area due to Covid I believe there is a way to pull the money without fees or with reduced fees. One of my friends had to do this for emergency home repairs.

I must confess that this story is making me nostalgic for the good old days. Love seeing the little snippets of daily life on Atlantis.

We spent Sunday afternoon with the twins so here is a bit of an update.
              Spoiler:
              1.Thing 2 suddenly asked to use the potty, sending his parents into a tailspin and a rapid order from Amazon because this is the last thing you expect from a 2 year old boy. Girls yes, boys no.
              2. They are out of high chairs and have a nifty new table and chairs. The parents were shocked when they picked up their plates and took them into the kitchen. We guess they learned this at daycare.
              3. Thing 2 didn't want to finish his green beans, so he took them off the plate, lined them up on the table and then took the plate into the kitchen. The dog ate the beans.
              4. Thing 1 has always been the dominant twin to the point that he talks for Thing 2. However, just this last week Thing 2 has started talking more and Thing 1 is quieter. Unless he is screaming like a howler monkey.
              5. Thing 2 has a crush on his teacher's 10 year old daughter. This cannot end well.
              6. They have learned to do "cheers" with their drink cups. If you have a drink they will do "cheers" with you but they have no concept of how hard to bang their cup on your glass.
              7. Thing 1 spilled water down his back, took off his own shirt and brought it to his mom for a replacement. Silly boy.
              Ahhhhahahah. Those kids are too cute.

So The Office Saga... where were we...

Chapter I
              Chapter II
              Chapter III
              Chapter IV

Chapter V

Spoiler:

Elizabeth stood to the side, observing Lieutenant Laura Cadman order men and women around as they checked every crate and box sent down by the Daedalus. They scanned the labels and made sure there weren't any items, not meant to be down in Atlantis, mixed up in the cargo. If there was something that didn't belong, they took it to a different pile so the Daedalus could beam it back up later.

Elizabeth patiently waited for Laura to finish her round. As a general rule she wasn't in the habit of pulling rank when it came to mail from Earth, but today she was expecting a special delivery and she wanted to make sure it was intact and found its way to its new owner as quickly as possible. There would be two deliveries; one labeled fragile and the other should just be saying this side up in which case it would probably have been transported this side down instead and the contents of the package would be all over the box.

"Doctor Weir," Laura approached, carrying two boxes, one labeled fragile and the other upside down. "I believe these are yours."

Elizabeth nodded, half acknowledging the issue of the one held upside down from this way up.

"Thank you, Laura."

"You're welcome."

----

Elizabeth had left the 'upside down' box in her quarter, for which the contents would have to be sorted out later, and was on her way to deliver the most important package of the two, the one that would hopefully set her back a few "owe me's".

The office, Elizabeth was heading towards, was at the other end of the city, far away from the hustle and bustle. The current occupant had chosen to be this far out, out of her own free will. It was all about the zen. It had nothing to do with the rumored notion she wasn't the most favored doctor in the whole of the city. Elizabeth had tried telling her on multiple occasions that the rumor was just that, a rumor, but her reply was always the same, "power of suggestion says otherwise".

Elizabeth rang the Atlantis version of the doorbell, and beamed a big smile when the door opened, pushing the package forward and into the arms of the woman on the other side.

"Doctor Weir," came the high-pitched voice of Doctor Miko Kusanagi, who barely managed to grab hold of the package.

"Miko," Elizabeth immediately pulled the package back, "Sorry, not meant for you."

"That's okay," Miko smiled unphased about being denied a gift from the leader of the expedition. She turned instead to wave at Kate, "See you next week."

"Bye Miko!"

Miko darted passed Elizabeth and disappeared around the corner.

"Hello, Elizabeth," Kate called out, giving her schedule a quick glance, "I didn't know we had an appointment scheduled."

"We don't," Elizabeth quickly confirmed, knowing that if she didn't claim otherwise, she'd be stuck for one anyway. Her Colonel was good at dodging them, but she was better.

"I brought you something."

She walked in, allowing the door to close behind her, and put the package down on the desk.

"Thought you might like a little something from home."

Kate eyed the package, glanced at Elizabeth and then back at the package. Elizabeth gave it a push in Kate's direction and gave it a little nod, urging the psychologist to open it.

"O-kay..."

Kate got the hint and pried the package open. She was greeted with an assortment of teas, coffee, chocolates, cookies, and a variety of flowered scented soap bottles.

"You can share with Teyla," Elizabeth quickly pointed out. "Or keep it all to yourself."

"And why are you giving me this?"

Elizabeth came prepared, "You've been so helpful and have been such a good friend that I thought I'd give a little something back."

Kate nodded, "I see."

She took some of the content out for closer inspection, while Elizabeth prepared to leave.

"I should go and leave you to it. I have some reports to get through."

Elizabeth turned around and hurried towards the door, aiming to get out as fast as her legs could carry her. She wouldn't want Kate to think she could still schedule in that appointment.

"This'll take a few off the list, but you still have plenty of them left."

Elizabeth cringed a little.

"Just so you know."

She waved the door open and all but ran out of the office with a few less "owe em's" than when she walked in. Mission accomplished.
              I love it! And I'm so intrigued...

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Football! The Pac-12 is finally getting back into the saddle with a very shortened season; USC starts in November, and plays all the South Division teams, plus one North Division team (Washington State). So looks like I'll get to join you guys in the fun after all!

In the meantime...here's this week's College Football Roundup! Virginia Tech beat Duke 38-31, Tennessee beat Missouri 35-12, Rhode Island's game with Brown has been postponed, and Air Force spanked Navy 40-7. Something tells me this morning's PT run in Atlantis is going to be EPIC.

I have figured out that TN does better when I dress for game day, but don't actually watch the game.
              sigpic
              Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Ah... Olivia is at the "Mine"-stage...

Which meant that every teddy bear in our house -- and my mom collected a lot of them in her lifetime -- were suddenly hers.
                I feared she'd take them home with her, and would be angry when they told her that wasn't possible, but all was well. They told her they would be her "teddy bears at Mon's place". She happily agreed and designated my dad as their keeper, handing him all the bears (and there were a lot of them).
                Yep, the twins are into the mine thing also. We still have most of SR Jr's stuffed animals in bins. I have been washing them and passing them out to the twins. Thing 1's fave is Paco the panda and Thing 2 loves Rocco the raccoon. They won't go to bed without them. So cute.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Yep, the twins are into the mine thing also. We still have most of SR Jr's stuffed animals in bins. I have been washing them and passing them out to the twins. Thing 1's fave is Paco the panda and Thing 2 loves Rocco the raccoon. They won't go to bed without them. So cute.
                  I still have mine too, but they are "mine" and not for sharing.

I have Seabird, the seal, who is 40 years old and still located near me when I go to sleep.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                    Not sure if you have been seeing the Instagram activity, but Joe has been doing livestreams. He is under quarantine (losing his mind) and is going live each day at 2pm EST. His hair has been epic.
                    Oh, I'm gonna have to check this out!

I love ferries, but it would stress me out to depend on them like that. Two hours...that gives me a headache just thinking about it. Hopefully no groceries were casualties.
                    Fortunately, the few grocery items we had that day didn't require refrigeration, so we were fine. Though when we do get cold stuff, we've got a cooler with ice in it, so everything still would've been a-okay.

I have figured out that TN does better when I dress for game day, but don't actually watch the game.

I still have mine too, but they are "mine" and not for sharing.

I have Seabird, the seal, who is 40 years old and still located near me when I go to sleep.
                    Awwww! I still have some of my stuffies, though most are still boxed up from the move. I think it's time to get some of them out...
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh... get some exercise done, they said. It's healthy, they said. Good for the body, they said.

My body right now: "Wait til morning... "

Good thing my office has an elevator cause stairs might be problematic tomorrow.

Comment

Oh... get some exercise done, they said. It's healthy, they said. Good for the body, they said.

Good thing my office has an elevator cause stairs might be problematic tomorrow.
                        This is me every day, lol. Flip side, I've figured out I'm kind of like Rodney with low blood sugar if I skip a day, so onward I plod. What did you do?
                        sigpic

Comment

This is me every day, lol. Flip side, I've figured out I'm kind of like Rodney with low blood sugar if I skip a day, so onward I plod. What did you do?
                          Rope-Skipping

But since we can't do exercises that require us standing close together, our trainer decided she's doing fitness exercises instead, training muscles normally not used extensively during skipping, like abdomen and upper leg/arm.

I got out of bed this morning, and my hips were protesting in unison. Then walked down the stairs and felt my upper leg muscles protesting. I walked out and there was this box sitting on the sidewalk, and on the side of it, it said "Nothing better than a fit body"... that was it. The universe mocking me was the last drop. I flipped it my finger.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

(hmm, could've sworn I was here yesterday, but I didn't post? Oh well...)

LOL, yeah and then in the morning I'm all, 'I'm too tired, maybe in the afternoon...' and then I take a catnap in the afternoon.

Rope-Skipping

But since we can't do exercises that require us standing close together, our trainer decided she's doing fitness exercises instead, training muscles normally not used extensively during skipping, like abdomen and upper leg/arm.

I got out of bed this morning, and my hips were protesting in unison. Then walked down the stairs and felt my upper leg muscles protesting. I walked out and there was this box sitting on the sidewalk, and on the side of it, it said "Nothing better than a fit body"... that was it. The universe mocking me was the last drop. I flipped it my finger.
                            That's the spirit!

Comment

And old school buddy of mine added the cherry on the fit-cake today, though I suspect it's by accident... Saw a post on her facebook-page, posted today, reccommending a lotion to keep muscles and joints flexible. It made me laugh...

Today, I'm feeling the arms and the hips. Hopefully by tomorrow, they'll be resting their muscle-case.

Comment

Just watched Joe sign off from his live stream. I think he was calling it Joe and his madness though I may have misheard. I've had meetings and have only caught his live streams at the end for the past two days and he is for real going off the rails. Someone knocked on his door and he jumped up with a hopeful look in his eye and I figure he was praying it was Momoa coming to blast him out of there . Sadly it was only clean linens. He needs an Atlantis style rescue mission to free him from quarantine (or what the plot bunnies like to think of as Elizabeth's revenge perhaps in an Atlantis AU where she manages to keep him under quarantine the next time a Hot Zone situation arose ).

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

(hmm, could've sworn I was here yesterday, but I didn't post? Oh well...)

I swear I've done that before

And old school buddy of mine added the cherry on the fit-cake today, though I suspect it's by accident... Saw a post on her facebook-page, posted today, reccommending a lotion to keep muscles and joints flexible. It made me laugh...

Today, I'm feeling the arms and the hips. Hopefully by tomorrow, they'll be resting their muscle-case.
                                Ouchies, but good on you for exercising. Walking/hiking is more my style. Jogging when I'm feeling it. I know you are supposed to push through the pain of higher intensity workouts, but I've never understood working out so hard that you don't feel like moving the next day. I've decided its counterproductive. I might also be lazy at heart, lol.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X