No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    It's Friday...

...I think I missed Thursday...
    Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Corona days all blending together.

I had to check to see that it was Friday, also.
    I still know it's Friday because tomorrow is Saturday, and that's shopping day, so I've got an event to keep track of. If I lose track of that, then I know I'm in trouble...
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

I still know it's Friday because tomorrow is Saturday, and that's shopping day, so I've got an event to keep track of. If I lose track of that, then I know I'm in trouble...
      Yes, having something to look forward to makes the days clearer. I used to do a group watch on Fridays, but now it's on Saturdays. It has screwed up my whole concept of time.

Comment

Today is Saturday -- what... it's 1am here, okay...

Anywho... I finally had a -- relatively speaking -- quiet day at work. Tried to work out an automatic process but in the end realised that what I wanted to process to do, was not possible. So, one side I wasted a perfectly good afternoon, but on the other I finally had the chance to get some practice in building automation processes.

I also set a new highscore on the Thirteen Doctor Who game, a variation on a logic game called 2048.

I have half of a next chapter on the Office Saga... so all-in-all not a bad day.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Speaking of Corona days, with nowhere to go and nothing to do, I have noticed more of a pull from inertia. Getting up off the couch is harder and harder. I spend my afternoons watching HGTV shows recorded on my DVR and lately have started on I Love Lucy reruns, a whole new level of desperation. We have finished Star Trek Discovery and started on Picard, which, if a bit talky, we still like. We are down to Sci Fi movies on Netflix or Amazon Prime along with some we would never have come near in the old days. One last night stared some guy who looks like James Franco along with some guy who looks like Dolph Lundgren and the acting was just what you expect. It's getting real up in here.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Yes, having something to look forward to makes the days clearer. I used to do a group watch on Fridays, but now it's on Saturdays. It has screwed up my whole concept of time.
            D'oh!

Today is Saturday -- what... it's 1am here, okay...

Anywho... I finally had a -- relatively speaking -- quiet day at work. Tried to work out an automatic process but in the end realised that what I wanted to process to do, was not possible. So, one side I wasted a perfectly good afternoon, but on the other I finally had the chance to get some practice in building automation processes.

I also set a new highscore on the Thirteen Doctor Who game, a variation on a logic game called 2048.

I have half of a next chapter on the Office Saga... so all-in-all not a bad day.
            Heh, more productive than me yesterday! I...rearranged some boxes.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Speaking of Corona days, with nowhere to go and nothing to do, I have noticed more of a pull from inertia. Getting up off the couch is harder and harder. I spend my afternoons watching HGTV shows recorded on my DVR and lately have started on I Love Lucy reruns, a whole new level of desperation. We have finished Star Trek Discovery and started on Picard, which, if a bit talky, we still like. We are down to Sci Fi movies on Netflix or Amazon Prime along with some we would never have come near in the old days. One last night stared some guy who looks like James Franco along with some guy who looks like Dolph Lundgren and the acting was just what you expect. It's getting real up in here.
            LOL, I know what you mean. I've started looking forward to Dish's monthly channel previews just to see new programming. They've got the Smithsonian Channel this month, so I've been sucking up Mystic Britain (except they don't have the new season on demand yet, boo!). Methinks it's time to bust out the BSG blu-rays...
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Hmm, no one's been around the last couple of days...wild weekend?

Comment

I'm home! I did way too much while I was away. I had three shoulder dates on my trip to spend as I wished and I'd get up early to check out a local trail or park and stay up too late watching a sunset while cramming a respectable amount of work in between. I took a long drive. I did a lot on my free time while traveling as responsibly as I could. Mask on, hands washed, sanitizer at the ready. I didn't do anything with crowds with the exception of a whale watching tour which was running at 30% capacity and was on a giant boat, so I had the whole back of the second deck to myself. Trip highlights: seeing a pod of Orca and I kayaked with a harbor seal following me out from the marina- it was so close! I still have all the feels from my proximity to that level of cuteness. There was so much amazing wildlife and scenery to take in. I've been too tired to get through my photos, but will put a few on Insta once I get myself functional again. First I need a lunchtime nap. One thing about travel during covid- I lost weight while I was away for a change. No heavy restaurant meals. I stocked my mini fridge with groceries and just kept protein bars and almonds on me when I was out.

Now all I can say is jet lag...omg. Only three hours, used to be a walk in the park, but it gets harder to deal with the older I get. School started back today and with me still running on west coast time it was like a 3am wakeup call.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Sounds like a good time, Zandra's Ashes! I'm tired just reading it all.

I did not have a wild weekend, except for the Sunday dinner at my brother's house. His daughter, my niece, is currently fostering 2 kids - 9 and 6. Boy do they have energy. They seem like great kids, but I was happy to go home.

Comment

No wild weekend here. We facetimed with the twins, who were cranky and disinterested. Their parents thought Thing 1 had a tooth coming in because he kept putting his fingers in his mouth. Thing 2 is heartbroken because he's only allowed to have his pacifier at bedtime and was occasionally crying his I'm the saddest little boy in the entire world cry. Eventually they figured out they were hungry when Mom opened the fridge and they went running like starving puppies. Some milk and veggie fish crackers turned their frowns upside down. Sometimes kids take detective work. The latest development is that Thing 1 won't go to bed unless the toys are all picked up. Thing 2 OTOH takes persuasion in order to get him to help. He just picks the plastic bin up, puts it on his head and yells "hat."
                      Last edited by Southern Red; 25 August 2020, 05:55 AM.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                        Trip highlights: seeing a pod of Orca and I kayaked with a harbor seal following me out from the marina- it was so close! I still have all the feels from my proximity to that level of cuteness.
                        Pod of Orca -- that is so cool.

I've kayaked with their cousins, dolphins, but hope one day to get to see an orca in the wild as well. I've only ever seen them in an aquarium and like a meter of glass wall between me and a rescued orca. I've never had so many feels looking into its eyes, it overflowed my wee heart. The orca was saved as she's deaf -- lives in the Lora Parque in Tenerife.

We couldn't do hand signals, I remember, cause she would respond to those. Unfortunately we had a 2 year-old in the group who could care less about that, so the orca kept coming back to look at us cause the kid kept waving at her.

Unfortunately, my experience with seals isn't one that leaves me with "cute" feels.
                        I find them freakishly scary up close and personal -- kayaking trip in Ireland where we were spied upon by one sticking its head out of the water and gazing at us with its big black eyes. Not creepy at all!

Also, no wild weekend... although Saturday evening I walked face first into an open door... I'd forgotten the door to the balcony was open and thought I could walk straight towards the kitchen without having to turn on the light... and then the door was suddenly in my face. Luckily my cup of tea was already empty.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

I did not have a wild weekend, either. Just the same-o, same-o. But yesterday on my morning walk I did spot two teeny tiny frogs. Maybe just a little bigger than my thumbnail. So. Cute!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                          I'm home! I did way too much while I was away. I had three shoulder dates on my trip to spend as I wished and I'd get up early to check out a local trail or park and stay up too late watching a sunset while cramming a respectable amount of work in between. I took a long drive. I did a lot on my free time while traveling as responsibly as I could. Mask on, hands washed, sanitizer at the ready. I didn't do anything with crowds with the exception of a whale watching tour which was running at 30% capacity and was on a giant boat, so I had the whole back of the second deck to myself. Trip highlights: seeing a pod of Orca and I kayaked with a harbor seal following me out from the marina- it was so close! I still have all the feels from my proximity to that level of cuteness. There was so much amazing wildlife and scenery to take in. I've been too tired to get through my photos, but will put a few on Insta once I get myself functional again. First I need a lunchtime nap. One thing about travel during covid- I lost weight while I was away for a change. No heavy restaurant meals. I stocked my mini fridge with groceries and just kept protein bars and almonds on me when I was out.

Now all I can say is jet lag...omg. Only three hours, used to be a walk in the park, but it gets harder to deal with the older I get. School started back today and with me still running on west coast time it was like a 3am wakeup call.
                          Orca and seals, SQUEEEEEE!!!!! I saw some of your pics on Insta already, they're so cute! Glad you had a great time, I know you've been looking forward to that trip.

Hmm, protein bars and almonds, I wonder if that would help me lose the lockdown 15...

I did not have a wild weekend, except for the Sunday dinner at my brother's house. His daughter, my niece, is currently fostering 2 kids - 9 and 6. Boy do they have energy. They seem like great kids, but I was happy to go home.
                          Oh dear...

No wild weekend here. We facetimed with the twins, who were cranky and disinterested. Their parents thought Thing 1 had a tooth coming in because he kept putting his fingers in his mouth. Thing 2 is heartbroken because he's only allowed to have his pacifier at bedtime and was occasionally crying his I'm the saddest little boy in the entire world cry. Eventually they figured out they were hungry when Mom opened the fridge and they went running like starving puppies. Some milk and veggie fish crackers turned their frowns upside down. Sometimes kids take detective work. The latest development is that Thing 1 won't go to bed unless the toys are all picked up. Thing 2 OTOH takes persuasion in order to get him to help. He just picks the plastic bin up, puts it on his head and yells "hat."
                          OMG, those two little goofballs! Mmmm, fish crackers...

I've kayaked with their cousins, dolphins, but hope one day to get to see an orca in the wild as well. I've only ever seen them in an aquarium and like a meter of glass wall between me and a rescued orca. I've never had so many feels looking into its eyes, it overflowed my wee heart. The orca was saved as she's deaf -- lives in the Lora Parque in Tenerife.

We couldn't do hand signals, I remember, cause she would respond to those. Unfortunately we had a 2 year-old in the group who could care less about that, so the orca kept coming back to look at us cause the kid kept waving at her.

Unfortunately, my experience with seals isn't one that leaves me with "cute" feels.
                          I find them freakishly scary up close and personal -- kayaking trip in Ireland where we were spied upon by one sticking its head out of the water and gazing at us with its big black eyes. Not creepy at all!

Also, no wild weekend... although Saturday evening I walked face first into an open door... I'd forgotten the door to the balcony was open and thought I could walk straight towards the kitchen without having to turn on the light... and then the door was suddenly in my face. Luckily my cup of tea was already empty.
                          LOL at the seal in Ireland, that's too funny! Not so nice about the door, ouch! Yeah, at least the cup was empty.

Comment

Other people's kids always exhaust me. My own kid exhausts me.

Hat, lol. How cute are they?! I'm like the twins, always cranky when hungry though I don't always recognize it.

Seeing the Orca was a dream. I grew up with a Sea World minutes away and once I was old enough to understand how wrong that was...well, I am still sad I contributed to that, even though I was aged 5-10 (before I moved away) and didn't know better. Was so happy to see this pod thriving and free.

I never had a thing for seals before, but I fell in love with them last week. They seemed like big goofy sea dogs to me.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

I did not have a wild weekend, either. Just the same-o, same-o. But yesterday on my morning walk I did spot two teeny tiny frogs. Maybe just a little bigger than my thumbnail. So. Cute!

Orca and seals, SQUEEEEEE!!!!! I saw some of your pics on Insta already, they're so cute! Glad you had a great time, I know you've been looking forward to that trip.

Hmm, protein bars and almonds, I wonder if that would help me lose the lockdown 15...
                            Love frogs! It was the only thing my kiddo asked for from my trip. You can imagine how easy that was in the land of whales. Also, I met some local co-workers for and outdoor lunch today so I'm making a dent in my weight loss progress already. Tears. Damn bread always gets me.

I did luck out with the trip, though I suppose the powers that be knew I'd been trying to get to Washington State. I didn't have time to do the longer kayaking tour I wanted or the bioluminescent tour, but I'm so grateful for what I was able to do. I'll just have to keep trying to plan another trip sans work.

I kept thinking the San Juans would have been a great place to stash Atlantis. Elizabeth and John would have certainly appreciated those views. And of course plenty of whales for Rodney to make friends with.
                            sigpic

Comment

I've finished Supernatural season 15 (or is it season 15 part one? or is the next one 16? Stupid Covid. I can't keep up). Almost through season 5 of Schitt's Creek (I love it, so I've been really trying to make those episodes stretch), but....ready to pivot for a bit. Think I'm going to do some SGA rewatching tonight. Bring on the steamy eyes!
                              sigpic

Comment

I've been watching Spaceforce. It's hilariously good fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X