No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reply with quote isn't working for me at the moment, so Scary Kitty and Southern Red, thanks for the sympathy. I ended up using my paper from biology and tweaking it around to use it for this. I don't think the teacher is too thrilled but my "senioritis" is ON and I don't care. The paper is only worth 10 points out of the total grade so even if I get a 50 I should still get an A.

As for Endgame - good luck to you Scary Kitty that your faves don't have a useless fate like Loki did. Yes, I'm still bitter about that.

My niece's wedding is tomorrow. It was supposed to be outside but it's going to rain. They can have it inside, thank goodness.

Comment

I'm going golf surfing tomorrow, for the very first time in my life -- so if you don't hear from me again... it was nice knowing you all.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Reply with quote isn't working for me at the moment, so Scary Kitty and Southern Red, thanks for the sympathy. I ended up using my paper from biology and tweaking it around to use it for this. I don't think the teacher is too thrilled but my "senioritis" is ON and I don't care. The paper is only worth 10 points out of the total grade so even if I get a 50 I should still get an A.
        LOL, that's the spirit!

As for Endgame - good luck to you Scary Kitty that your faves don't have a useless fate like Loki did. Yes, I'm still bitter about that.
        Ugh, yeah, I'm bracing myself for disappointment on that score. I may be joining you on the bitter train before the day is over.

My niece's wedding is tomorrow. It was supposed to be outside but it's going to rain. They can have it inside, thank goodness.
        Oh dear...at least they do have an alternate plan, which is a huge plus.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        I'm going golf surfing tomorrow, for the very first time in my life -- so if you don't hear from me again... it was nice knowing you all.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Sufring went as well as one would expect from someone who has never stood on a surfboard before, other than windsurfing on a lake (meaning, little to no waves).

Swallowed a lot of Atlantic Ocean water (microplastics, I'm sure, included) and it tasted disgusting. Nearly drowned. My instructor had to literally fish me out of the water and haul me up out of the waves -- like catching salmon he said (I'm certainly not a salmon as I had literally no idea at that point what up or down was -- quite scary actually). Collected more sand in every part of my wetsuit, in my ears and hair, and will continue to find that sand for weeks to come, I'm sure.

BUT I had lots of fun (bar nearly drowning and swallowing all that water) and I definitely want to try it again some day.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

I have seen Avengers: Endgame, and OMG my mind is blown. Cried so much I actually gave myself a headache. The one thing I was worried about turned out much better than I had hoped (but was still quite sad). Oh, and JT-2? You really need to see it. Trust me. PM me if you want a spoiler. (unless of course you've already seen it, in which case you probably know what I'm talking about )

Sufring went as well as one would expect from someone who has never stood on a surfboard before, other than windsurfing on a lake (meaning, little to no waves).

Swallowed a lot of Atlantic Ocean water (microplastics, I'm sure, included) and it tasted disgusting. Nearly drowned. My instructor had to literally fish me out of the water and haul me up out of the waves -- like catching salmon he said (I'm certainly not a salmon as I had literally no idea at that point what up or down was -- quite scary actually). Collected more sand in every part of my wetsuit, in my ears and hair, and will continue to find that sand for weeks to come, I'm sure.

BUT I had lots of fun (bar nearly drowning and swallowing all that water) and I definitely want to try it again some day.
            Very glad to hear you survived and had lots of fun!
            Last edited by Scary Kitty; 27 April 2019, 05:22 PM. Reason: forgot something LOL
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

You are a brave lady.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                You are a brave lady.
                Had I known I would swallow all that water, I would have reconsidered though.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

I have seen Avengers: Endgame, and OMG my mind is blown. Cried so much I actually gave myself a headache. The one thing I was worried about turned out much better than I had hoped (but was still quite sad). Oh, and JT-2? You really need to see it. Trust me. PM me if you want a spoiler. (unless of course you've already seen it, in which case you probably know what I'm talking about )

Very glad to hear you survived and had lots of fun!
                    Hey there! I had seen a major spoiler and was wondering if you were okay. I'm glad you liked it!

I plan on seeing it eventually.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Hey there! I had seen a major spoiler and was wondering if you were okay. I'm glad you liked it!

I plan on seeing it eventually.
                      Ohhhh yes. It was magnificent! Hope you enjoy it when you do see it!

Comment

Coming down from a Game of Thrones high, I finished the novelization of Rising.

And errm... glad that the ending of the novel isn't exactly like the ending of the pilot cause a little too much familiarity between Sheppard and Teyla for my liking.

However, as far as novelizations go. It's okay. Although Ethosians instead of Athosians... maybe in some other universe I might forgive that spelling error, not in this one where those people happen to be one of my favorite races.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

And errm... glad that the ending of the novel isn't exactly like the ending of the pilot cause a little too much familiarity between Sheppard and Teyla for my liking.

However, as far as novelizations go. It's okay. Although Ethosians instead of Athosians... maybe in some other universe I might forgive that spelling error, not in this one where those people happen to be one of my favorite races.
                          As I understand it, film/TV novelizations are typically based on early drafts of a script, simply due to the amount of time necessary between writing/editing the manuscript, setting the pages, printing the book, and shipping to stores. So it's very common for there to be significant differences between a novelization and the final filmed product. Deleted/expanded scenes are a big one, but different character names, different spellings, and the like happen frequently as well.

Comment

Then a reprint should have done to fix the problem.
                            Happens all the time too (and makes first editions such collector's items sometimes).

Also found other mistakes -- double words, spelling, and sometimes even mix-ups of he/she. Should have gotten the red pen out.

Comment

Then a reprint should have done to fix the problem.
                              Happens all the time too (and makes first editions such collector's items sometimes).

Also found other mistakes -- double words, spelling, and sometimes even mix-ups of he/she. Should have gotten the red pen out.
                              These tie-in novels aren't always the best books. There was one I read for DS9 that looked like it was written by a 5th grader. Every chapter was 2 or 3 pages. It was mostly lines of dialogue with no exposition at all.

No, I didn't finish it.

Comment

So I did remember the ending correctly.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

As I understand it, film/TV novelizations are typically based on early drafts of a script, simply due to the amount of time necessary between writing/editing the manuscript, setting the pages, printing the book, and shipping to stores. So it's very common for there to be significant differences between a novelization and the final filmed product. Deleted/expanded scenes are a big one, but different character names, different spellings, and the like happen frequently as well.
                                Interesting that the ending of the novel and the ending of the first ep went from Sheyla to Sparky. Hmmm. Maybe they took a good look and realized where the chemistry was but, of course, as in all shows they would never have done anything about it.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X