Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!



    LOL! Good news on that front though; this morning, the forecast is updated to show only about 1 hour of snow showers in the morning well before I leave, and it'll be warm enough that any snow that falls won't stick. Yay!
    Happy to hear it shouldn't require any heroic stunts to reach the movie theatre. I probably won't get to see it this weekend. DH frustratingly boycotts opening weekend theatre crowds. I think it's more fun to share in everyone's ohs, ahs, and laughter. Maybe I should slip out of work early and hit a Friday matinee...
    sigpic
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

    Comment


      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

      LOL, it seems the snow gods decided to have a little fun with us yesterday after all. At least it didn't really stick and we've only got a really pathetic looking dusting on the ground now. Friday's still looking fabulous, if a bit cooler than previously forecast.

      Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
      Happy to hear it shouldn't require any heroic stunts to reach the movie theatre. I probably won't get to see it this weekend. DH frustratingly boycotts opening weekend theatre crowds. I think it's more fun to share in everyone's ohs, ahs, and laughter. Maybe I should slip out of work early and hit a Friday matinee...
      I agree, it's very fun to get the group reactions! Go for the Friday matinee, just remember to wear headphones while you're waiting in line to avoid spoilers!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

      Comment


        Thanks for the good thoughts on my test. I think I did well.

        Have fun at the movies!

        Comment


          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

          Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          Thanks for the good thoughts on my test. I think I did well.
          Yay! I knew you could do it! *hugs*

          Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          Have fun at the movies!
          I sure hope to! A couple more hours 'til I go to the ferry for the ride over to town, and then it's party time!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

          Comment


            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

            I saw Captain Marvel and it was awesome! Definitely took a few twists and turns which one might not have expected from the trailers and fan speculation (which is a very good thing), tied itself to the previous films in some expected and not-so-expected ways
            Spoiler:
            (OMG Carol's call sign! I will say no more, just keep an eye out for it, it's a doozy!)
            and... GOOSE. Goose stole the whole show, and it was glorious!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

            Comment


              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

              Comment


                Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                Thanks for the good thoughts on my test. I think I did well.

                Have fun at the movies!
                Yay! Glad to hear that.

                Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

                I saw Captain Marvel and it was awesome! Definitely took a few twists and turns which one might not have expected from the trailers and fan speculation (which is a very good thing), tied itself to the previous films in some expected and not-so-expected ways
                Spoiler:
                (OMG Carol's call sign! I will say no more, just keep an eye out for it, it's a doozy!)
                and... GOOSE. Goose stole the whole show, and it was glorious!
                For once the rain worked in my favor. Went to see it Saturday and LOVED it. It was great to see the seeds of history planted- your spoiler being one of them. Goose was awesome.
                Spoiler:
                And the intro had me tearing up. Such a nice tribute.
                Last edited by Zandra's Ashes; 10 March 2019, 10:34 AM.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

                Comment


                  Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

                  Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                  For once the rain worked in my favor. Went to see it Saturday and LOVED it. It was great to see the seeds of history planted- your spoiler being one of them. Goose was awesome.
                  Spoiler:
                  And the intro had me tearing up. Such a nice tribute.
                  Yay! Glad you got to see it!

                  And oh yes
                  Spoiler:
                  that Marvel Studios intro made me smile so much.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                  Comment


                    I saw Captain Marvel today (after getting locked out of my house - thank goodness my nephew was around to grab the key from my brother's house to let me back in - grrrr).

                    It was really good!! Yes to everything you guys said. Goose!!!

                    Comment


                      Daylight Savings Time has messed up my sleep schedule, but all is not lost. Guess what's on TV right at this moment? It's SGA! Michael. So, recap time....

                      My goodness, Joe is good looking.

                      Teyla and Michael meet. They actually have chemistry. See, TPTW, THAT is what chemistry looks like.

                      KATE!!! Your advice doesn't turn out to be too sound, but you were pretty while making it.

                      Oh Rodney, you have zero game. You're way too obvious when talking with Michael. My goodness, Rodney, just stop talking!

                      Teyla and Michael fighting. That's what sexually charged fighting looks like.

                      Ronon has zero game as well. But with him it's much more understandable.

                      Poor Kate. It's not a usual treatment she's trying.

                      Connor is a good actor.

                      <commercial break>

                      And Michael is starting to figure it out.

                      Naming him after a name on a calendar.... not the brightest move, folks.

                      I love it when they show amnesia patients who can easily figure out computers and how to work them. Like, how would he even know how to work an Earth computer?

                      <commercial break>

                      The truth comes out... Michael is a Wraith.

                      <commercial break AGAIN! I should have just watched this on Hulu or my DVDs. Oh well, I'm invested now.>

                      Not a lot funny about this episode. Sorry.

                      Michael takes off. Ronon stuns him, but only after a red shirt has been killed.

                      <commercial break>

                      Okay I'm going to bed. This episode is not producing any laughs out of me, and these recaps are for laughs. It's a good episode, though. Very morally ambiguous.

                      Comment


                        I don't like daylight savings time, as it messes up my sleep cycle. It is also is sorta like crossing into a new time zone, but you don't get to go anywhere.

                        My family were on vacation in Arizona when daylight savings time started, and that was kinda weird. For a while were on the same time zone as our home state.
                        sigpic
                        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

                        Comment


                          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

                          Ugh, daylight savings SUCKS.

                          Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                          I saw Captain Marvel today (after getting locked out of my house - thank goodness my nephew was around to grab the key from my brother's house to let me back in - grrrr).

                          It was really good!! Yes to everything you guys said. Goose!!!
                          Whoops! Good thing your nephew was around, indeed!

                          Glad you enjoyed the movie!

                          Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                          Teyla and Michael meet. They actually have chemistry. See, TPTW, THAT is what chemistry looks like.

                          ...

                          Teyla and Michael fighting. That's what sexually charged fighting looks like.


                          Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                          I love it when they show amnesia patients who can easily figure out computers and how to work them. Like, how would he even know how to work an Earth computer?
                          LOL, I know, right? Which reminds me of a certain scene in Captain Marvel...

                          Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                          Okay I'm going to bed. This episode is not producing any laughs out of me, and these recaps are for laughs. It's a good episode, though. Very morally ambiguous.
                          I always thought that Michael might have fit better as a late Season 1 episode...they've been cut off from Earth for nearly a year, the Wraith are closing in, their sheer desperation would've made taking such a shocking step make more sense in the greater narrative. But it works here too.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

                            Ugh, daylight savings SUCKS.
                            Yes it does!! I like it being light later in the evening, though. But it's going to take some time for my internal clock to adjust. And we all know I have trouble sleeping to begin with, so.....


                            Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Whoops! Good thing your nephew was around, indeed!
                            Yeah, I told him he's going to get a really good birthday present!


                            Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            LOL, I know, right? Which reminds me of a certain scene in Captain Marvel...
                            Yeah, I had the same feeling there too. Things were just a little too easy.


                            Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            I always thought that Michael might have fit better as a late Season 1 episode...they've been cut off from Earth for nearly a year, the Wraith are closing in, their sheer desperation would've made taking such a shocking step make more sense in the greater narrative. But it works here too.
                            Yes, I think Michael would have been better in Season 1 too. Of course, I think they shouldn't have reconnected with Earth so early anyway. It became too convenient to have the Daedalus (I have zero idea how to spell that) save the day.

                            Comment


                              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

                              Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              Yes it does!! I like it being light later in the evening, though. But it's going to take some time for my internal clock to adjust. And we all know I have trouble sleeping to begin with, so.....
                              Yeah, having it light later in the evening is my favorite part of spring/summer. More mischief is possible.

                              Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              Yeah, I told him he's going to get a really good birthday present!
                              Now we're talking!

                              Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              Yeah, I had the same feeling there too. Things were just a little too easy.
                              Although, in that particular case I'm thinking that
                              Spoiler:
                              she likely had used computers in her life on Earth before, when she was in the Air Force at least. So even if she didn't consciously remember it at the time, one could argue she was running on muscle memory, as it were, so it sort of works. Michael didn't even have that to fall back on.



                              Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              Yes, I think Michael would have been better in Season 1 too. Of course, I think they shouldn't have reconnected with Earth so early anyway. It became too convenient to have the Daedalus (I have zero idea how to spell that) save the day.
                              You got the spelling right.

                              And yeah, they really shouldn't have reconnected with Earth that early. I would've done it no earlier than the end of Season 2. Maybe not even until Season 3.
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                              Comment


                                JT watching late night stargate remains entertaining.

                                @Zandra's Ashes -- I promised to write a Scotland review, but haven't got around to it.
                                I err... my mother passed away on March 1st (wasn't unexpected, I might add -- she just sorta checked out on her own terms). I just want you to know I haven't forgotten about my report.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                                Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X