Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I've wanted to go to England and Scotland forever. I hope I get there someday.
    I hope you do, but for now... perhaps I can take you along for a virtual trip when I go, and show you the sights.

Perhaps send a postcard -- do people still do that?
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'm going to see some 4th of July fireworks tonight (yes, I know it's only the 3rd). Yay, fireworks!! Although I don't like it when my neighbors set off loud ones late at night. It brings out my inner...

11.gif

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Aaaahhh, sounds like just like me. Easy is good.
      To me it's not really a vacation if you spend the whole time running around. Sightseeing is awesome but I don't need to be doing something 24/7. My sister has to be doing something the whole time. She has invited me on trips along with her friends but I know I'd never be able to keep up with them.

Just do your best and study hard. Good luck, we believe in you!
      Had my first class. It's going to be A LOT of memorization. Good thing I bought more index cards to use for flash cards.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I hope you do, but for now... perhaps I can take you along for a virtual trip when I go, and show you the sights.

Perhaps send a postcard -- do people still do that?
      Yes, I would like both of those!! I think people still send postcards. It would be super cool to get one from Scotland.

Comment

Yes, I would like both of those!! I think people still send postcards. It would be super cool to get one from Scotland.
        Then I'll see what I can do... just PM your addy or DM me your addy on twitter and I'll find a way.

Comment

Then I'll see what I can do... just PM your addy or DM me your addy on twitter and I'll find a way.
          Done.

Will you be posting pictures on Twitter?

Comment

Done.

Will you be posting pictures on Twitter?
            Yes, and Instagram too. I recently made an account there, and I think I'll be using it to post things that put a smile on my face, like funky animals in the yard (my avatar over there is a snail crawling up the window, showing us his bottom), or tiny things of beauty like a ball of tiny spiders in a web. When in Scotland, it'll probably be pictish stones and "there's a stone age fort in front of you but ... it's hard to spot"...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday and to my fellow Americans, Happy Independence Day!

I'm going to see some 4th of July fireworks tonight (yes, I know it's only the 3rd). Yay, fireworks!! Although I don't like it when my neighbors set off loud ones late at night. It brings out my inner...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42661[/ATTACH]
              LOL, yeah we get a bit of that here too. Not too much, fortunately.

To me it's not really a vacation if you spend the whole time running around. Sightseeing is awesome but I don't need to be doing something 24/7. My sister has to be doing something the whole time. She has invited me on trips along with her friends but I know I'd never be able to keep up with them.
              Exactly! Vacation is to RELAX. A little sightseeing is fun, but resting is very, very good.

Had my first class. It's going to be A LOT of memorization. Good thing I bought more index cards to use for flash cards.
              Flash cards for the win!

Yes, and Instagram too. I recently made an account there, and I think I'll be using it to post things that put a smile on my face, like funky animals in the yard (my avatar over there is a snail crawling up the window, showing us his bottom), or tiny things of beauty like a ball of tiny spiders in a web. When in Scotland, it'll probably be pictish stones and "there's a stone age fort in front of you but ... it's hard to spot"...
              Oooh, I'd love to see pics! What's your IG handle?
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It's currently not yet populated with images (but it's not, obviously, going to stay empty that way).
                I'm very new at IG so I just literally had to look up my own handle... ... it's finnrose.

Comment

It's currently not yet populated with images (but it's not, obviously, going to stay empty that way).
                  I'm very new at IG so I just literally had to look up my own handle... ... it's finnrose.
                  I'll have to reactivate my account so I can follow you.

Comment

I've been missing conversation on one of my favorite things- travel- and one of my least favorite. School. Told you, I still have nightmares about waking up at the end of the semester having done zilch to ward off a big fat F. Hope the course is going well JT-2!

I went to a regional comic con. Not a big one, but there were some folks from Star Trek the Next Generation, and I did the photo op and autograph with Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime). He was great!

Since we've just booked our holiday in the north of Scotland -- we might not be the right people to ask.

But other options this year were Canada and Aruba -- the latter has beaches.
                    Ohhh, Scotland! Are you going on the Jacobite Steam Train? Bucket list item for me. Ireland is my next trip. I was considering flying up to Edinburg for a day. Vueling flights are so inexpensive. It's tempting.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday and to my fellow Americans, Happy Independence Day!

LOL, yeah we get a bit of that here too. Not too much, fortunately.

Exactly! Vacation is to RELAX. A little sightseeing is fun, but resting is very, very good.

Flash cards for the win!

I hope everyone in the states enjoyed their Independence Day! It was so HOT here.

My IG is @wandersuze. I'll be following!
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

And...following!

I'll have to reactivate my account so I can follow you.
                      Oooh, you'll have to let me know who you are so I can follow you too. I am, of course, iamscarykitty.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                      I went to a regional comic con. Not a big one, but there were some folks from Star Trek the Next Generation, and I did the photo op and autograph with Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime). He was great!
                      Sounds awesome! Glad you had a great time.

I hope everyone in the states enjoyed their Independence Day! It was so HOT here.
                      I think the Pacific Northwest has been the only not-hot part of the country for the last few days. But it's only a matter of time before we start getting our summer temps... *shudders*

And...following you too!
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I think I just added you all. I'm mathgirl1248. I'm new to Instagram and have no photos out there. I'll post some vacation pics wherever I end up going. My profile picture is my kitty who passed away a few years ago. I miss him.

Zandra - I have that nightmare too. The course is intense. I'm trying to just take it day by day. I'm so glad I only have this class right now, though. If I had 3 other classes too, I'd be super stressed.

Comment

Ohhh, Scotland! Are you going on the Jacobite Steam Train? Bucket list item for me.
                          Ah nope... wrong side of Scotland. We're going to the other side, and on our back home trip, we'll be making a stop in York.

But I just googled it, and now I want to on some other trip. Same as with that trans-Canada train you can board in Toronto and disembark in Vancouver.

Ah... I was wondering who that was... mystery revealed.

IMy profile picture is my kitty who passed away a few years ago. I miss him.
                          He looks the spitting image of my aunt's cat Kulderzipke, or Zip for short. He died last year at a ripe old age. She's now the proud owner of a ragdoll named Noa, who nibbled on a lilly flower and poisoned herself into near kidney failure two weeks ago. It was touch and go but she pulled through.... phew...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

I think I just added you all. I'm mathgirl1248. I'm new to Instagram and have no photos out there. I'll post some vacation pics wherever I end up going. My profile picture is my kitty who passed away a few years ago. I miss him.
                            Added you!

*hugs for your kitty*

He looks the spitting image of my aunt's cat Kulderzipke, or Zip for short. He died last year at a ripe old age. She's now the proud owner of a ragdoll named Noa, who nibbled on a lilly flower and poisoned herself into near kidney failure two weeks ago. It was touch and go but she pulled through.... phew...
                            Yeah, gotta be careful about plants and pets. Glad Noa is okay!

Comment

Yeah, gotta be careful about plants and pets. Glad Noa is okay!
                              Apparently so cause we certainly had no idea a lilly could do that.
                              Even a nibble is poisonous for a cat. It doesn't even need to swallow a piece.

Comment

I need a new show to get obsessed with. Maybe I'll try Lucifer. I know that got picked up by Netflix.
                                We liked Lucifer. Tom Ellis is perfect in the role. I didn't get into the ship on that one however because I didn't see the chemistry but still enjoyed it.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X