No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here it's 10 for the matinee, another 10-15 for popcorn/soda/snacks, which is why I always sneak soda and candy in with me.

I'm going back to college to learn medical billing. Tomorrow morning I go for a placement test. Wish me luck, everyone! It's supposed to be basic stuff - reading comprehension, math - but I haven't taken a test in a long time.

Comment

GOOD LUCK JT-2!!

You'll ace it, I'm sure!
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Here it's 10 for the matinee, another 10-15 for popcorn/soda/snacks, which is why I always sneak soda and candy in with me.
        Hee, I sneak snacks too. Not only is it less expensive, I get to eat exactly what I want instead of something that's just not quite right.

I'm going back to college to learn medical billing. Tomorrow morning I go for a placement test. Wish me luck, everyone! It's supposed to be basic stuff - reading comprehension, math - but I haven't taken a test in a long time.
        Wow! Good luck on your test and your new career, I'm sure you'll do great!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm feeling some bad Thanos juju here. All I know is that things were good until last Thursday, and everything bad since then is his fault. Or so I hear, and I need someone to blame this on. My 1TB external hard drive crashed overnight. I had most everything backed up online, but recent edits and WIPs took a hit. I hadn't backed up to my online account in a week, which means I am frantically rewriting while it's still in my own internal memory (which is crappy at best). Lesson learned. No more slacking on backups. Ugh. It could have been so much worse, but I'm still feeling sick over it. I lost an entire chapter. And normally I have everything saved in three places, but I'm migrating to a new laptop so nothing was on the laptop hard drive either. Tears. I need some movie theater popcorn and candy to drown my sorrows in.

Good luck! And good for you. That's a huge thing to do for for yourself.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Thanks, everyone!

I think I did okay on most of it. The first part was to write an essay on a topic they provided. I didn't know what to say. My sentences were grammatically correct but I didn't say much of substance. I go back on May 14th to find out what classes I need to take.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
            I'm feeling some bad Thanos juju here. All I know is that things were good until last Thursday, and everything bad since then is his fault. Or so I hear, and I need someone to blame this on. My 1TB external hard drive crashed overnight. I had most everything backed up online, but recent edits and WIPs took a hit. I hadn't backed up to my online account in a week, which means I am frantically rewriting while it's still in my own internal memory (which is crappy at best). Lesson learned. No more slacking on backups. Ugh. It could have been so much worse, but I'm still feeling sick over it. I lost an entire chapter. And normally I have everything saved in three places, but I'm migrating to a new laptop so nothing was on the laptop hard drive either. Tears. I need some movie theater popcorn and candy to drown my sorrows in.

Good luck! And good for you. That's a huge thing to do for for yourself.
            Oh nooooo!! Yes, blame Thanos. He did it. I'm so sorry you lost so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Wait a minute -- you paid 6 dollars for Infinity Wars?!?

That's freakin cheap... we're twice that, and then you don't even have snacks or drinks.
              Yeah... One of the local theaters was bought by a development company who lowered ticket prices for matinee and evenings to $6 to encourage more people to go... and the plaza has been rejuvenated as a result. They recently remodeled and put in the recliner seats, but I heard they're going to raise prices again soon. Most other theaters average anywhere from $8-16 depending on quality and time, but I'll take what I can get for now.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Off a cliff, into a pit of sharpened spikes...
              Or that.

$7.50 for my matinee showing. But they make up for it in high prices for the snacks.
              Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Same here and if you get a snack and drinks you can double the cost again. But I do live in one of the most expensive places in the US.
              Yeah, I definitely bought more snacks than I should've LOL. I try and sneak in smaller candies and stuff, but some of the theaters are getting stricter with their bag checks. But a $1 box of candy at the store versus that same box of candy at the theater for $5? Um, no thank you.

Yay! I knew you'd do fine.

Comment

Thanks, everyone!

I think I did okay on most of it. The first part was to write an essay on a topic they provided. I didn't know what to say. My sentences were grammatically correct but I didn't say much of substance. I go back on May 14th to find out what classes I need to take.

Oh nooooo!! Yes, blame Thanos. He did it. I'm so sorry you lost so much.
                Good luck on the new career. I know you'll be great. Especially if it involves numbers. lol
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

So Joe Flanigan (along with Jason Momoa) is returning to Ottawa comiccon this month. I may get a second chance to see him in person.

I think I still have the original autograph that my brother got him to sign for me somewhere, although if I recall, the writing seems to indicate he may have thought my brother was me.
                  Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 04 May 2018, 02:16 PM.
                  "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                    Nooooooo!!!!! Curse you, Thanos! I'm so sorry, that totally sucks! *hugs you*

Thanks, everyone!

Eh, I wouldn't worry too much about the essay. It's a placement test, they're just looking to make sure you know how to write. Heck, I still had to take Writing 102, and I'd taken AP English in high school!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                    Yeah, I definitely bought more snacks than I should've LOL. I try and sneak in smaller candies and stuff, but some of the theaters are getting stricter with their bag checks. But a $1 box of candy at the store versus that same box of candy at the theater for $5? Um, no thank you.
                    My thoughts exactly!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                    So Joe Flanigan (along with Jason Momoa) is returning to Ottawa comiccon this month. I may get a second chance to see him in person.

I think I still have the original autograph that my brother for me somewhere, although if I recall, the writing seems to he may have thought my brother was me.
                    Ooooh, hope you have a great time if you go! And LOL about the photo!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Bag checks? They don't do that at my theater. That bites!!

Yay! I knew you'd do fine.
                      Thanks!

Hey, when are we going to find out if Timeless is being renewed? I hope that if they don't get renewed that someone else picks it up. Now that I'm obsessed with it, I don't want to think of it ending on a cliffhanger!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      Good luck on the new career. I know you'll be great. Especially if it involves numbers. lol
                      Thanks! The math sections certainly brought back memories. I've forgotten all about geometry. Algebra is still awesome, though. And fractions are fun!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post

I think I still have the original autograph that my brother got him to sign for me somewhere, although if I recall, the writing seems to indicate he may have thought my brother was me.
                      That's cool that you might get to see him!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Eh, I wouldn't worry too much about the essay. It's a placement test, they're just looking to make sure you know how to write. Heck, I still had to take Writing 102, and I'd taken AP English in high school!
                      I'm going to bring my college transcript to my meeting with them to see if I can get out of the "business math" class they want you to take for this major. I was a math major in college, I don't think I need to take any more.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

I'm going to bring my college transcript to my meeting with them to see if I can get out of the "business math" class they want you to take for this major. I was a math major in college, I don't think I need to take any more.
                        Yeah, one would think they'd give you a waiver for that!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Comment

And it's definitely a lazy Sunday for me. It's a day to daydream of being on Bermuda, sipping a pink fruity drink.

Comment

Not lazy... working hard... sort of... If you can call 3D-modelling working hard.

Though I keep getting distracted from it by just about everything around here (I'm sitting in my parent's yard). Texturing one object at the time -- getting distracted -- go back to texturing. I need to have this finished, preferably by wednesday, and finish modelling my instrument (which was going to be a violin, but I think I'll change it to something more simple cause otherwise I'm going to be short on time to do my stargate attempt).
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

And it's definitely a lazy Sunday for me. It's a day to daydream of being on Bermuda, sipping a pink fruity drink.
                                Sounds like my kind of day!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Not lazy... working hard... sort of... If you can call 3D-modelling working hard.

Though I keep getting distracted from it by just about everything around here (I'm sitting in my parent's yard). Texturing one object at the time -- getting distracted -- go back to texturing. I need to have this finished, preferably by wednesday, and finish modelling my instrument (which was going to be a violin, but I think I'll change it to something more simple cause otherwise I'm going to be short on time to do my stargate attempt).
                                Looks more like fun than hard! Hope you get everything done in time!

Comment

Working...
                                X