Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I can totally picture this.
    I forgot the part about how Mr. SR had been working in the yard and was covered in grass clippings. Then there was the time he was pulling a nail out of a post under the deck and hit himself in the head with the hammer. We took the same trip to the doc with me driving this time. Our garage looked like a crime scene from the attempt to stop the bleeding. He got stitches and a shot that day.
    sigpic

    Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I was thinking I have to get this stupid wallpaper off the wall right now...oh crap. My doc just shook his head and reached for a needle. I went over there (only 10 minutes away) wearing my wallpapering clothes, my hair in a clip on top of my head and my hands wrapped in paper towels. Mr. SR drove.
      Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I forgot the part about how Mr. SR had been working in the yard and was covered in grass clippings. Then there was the time he was pulling a nail out of a post under the deck and hit himself in the head with the hammer. We took the same trip to the doc with me driving this time. Our garage looked like a crime scene from the attempt to stop the bleeding. He got stitches and a shot that day.
      I have a feeling your doc has had fielddays with the SR family.

      Though, I shouldn't laugh too hard with the hammer incident cause errm.... yeah, that happened to me too once.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

      Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

      Comment


        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

        Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
        Got to go to Heroes and Villains this weekend! Super excited to see some of the Battlestar Galactica peeps there. Photo op with Katee Sackhoff. They joined it with Walker Stalker Con so it was absolute mayhem, so much more chaotic than the prior year, and the lines to get inside were so bad I missed half the first panel with Stephen Amell. I tried for lunch, but fate intervened and landed me in the alcohol line which I thought was an excellent alternative. John Barrowman on stage in the Tardis dress always makes the all the lines and hassle worth while. And the cosplayers- ahhh. So many great costumes. I'm always blown away by the fan's creativity in bringing those characters to life.
        Wow, sounds like it was a blast! Glad you had fun!

        Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        I was thinking I have to get this stupid wallpaper off the wall right now...oh crap. My doc just shook his head and reached for a needle. I went over there (only 10 minutes away) wearing my wallpapering clothes, my hair in a clip on top of my head and my hands wrapped in paper towels. Mr. SR drove.
        Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        I forgot the part about how Mr. SR had been working in the yard and was covered in grass clippings. Then there was the time he was pulling a nail out of a post under the deck and hit himself in the head with the hammer. We took the same trip to the doc with me driving this time. Our garage looked like a crime scene from the attempt to stop the bleeding. He got stitches and a shot that day.
        Welp, all's well that ends well, right?
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

        Comment


          Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          I keep checking Twitter and Tumblr waiting for news, but nothing yet. I thought it was supposed to be decided today. ARGH!! That season finale blew my mind and I can't imagine not continuing it. There's always fic, I suppose.
          Yeah, I learned SyFy cancelled The Expanse a few days ago. If there was only one show that I cared about staying on the air, it was this. When Dark Matter was cancelled on a cliffhanger not to long ago, I was gravely disappointed. When the Expanse was cancelled... I almost felt the urge to burn the entire SyFy channel down to the ground, despite the fact that it's not a physical place.

          If the show isn't saved, this is one of those cancellations that is going to be lamented for decades, like Firefly, I suspect. The Expanse has been my favorite Science Fiction show is many years. It's so good. It even make me feel like I was finally back in the good old days before all my old favorite shows went off the air.

          Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 15 May 2018, 02:13 PM.
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

          *You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

          "Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

          "Elizabeth..."

          Comment


            Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            I forgot the part about how Mr. SR had been working in the yard and was covered in grass clippings. Then there was the time he was pulling a nail out of a post under the deck and hit himself in the head with the hammer. We took the same trip to the doc with me driving this time. Our garage looked like a crime scene from the attempt to stop the bleeding. He got stitches and a shot that day.
            Ouch!! Poor Mr. SR!


            Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
            Yeah, I learned SyFy cancelled The Expanse a few days ago. If there was only one show that I cared about staying on the air, it was this. When Dark Matter was cancelled on a cliffhanger not to long ago, I was gravely disappointed. When the Expanse was cancelled... I almost felt the urge to burn the entire SyFy channel down to the ground, despite the fact that it's not a physical place.

            If the show isn't saved, this is one of those cancellations that is going to be lamented for decades, like Firefly, I suspect. The Expanse has been my favorite Science Fiction show is many years. It's so good. It even make me feel like I was finally back in the good old days before all my old favorite shows went off the air.
            I'm so sorry your favorite got cancelled.

            Dark Matter - that was the Mallozzi one right? I couldn't watch anything associated with him after what he did to SGA. Yes, I'm a bitter person like that.

            Comment


              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

              Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
              Yeah, I learned SyFy cancelled The Expanse a few days ago. If there was only one show that I cared about staying on the air, it was this. When Dark Matter was cancelled on a cliffhanger not to long ago, I was gravely disappointed. When the Expanse was cancelled... I almost felt the urge to burn the entire SyFy channel down to the ground, despite the fact that it's not a physical place.

              If the show isn't saved, this is one of those cancellations that is going to be lamented for decades, like Firefly, I suspect. The Expanse has been my favorite Science Fiction show is many years. It's so good. It even make me feel like I was finally back in the good old days before all my old favorite shows went off the air.
              That's a shame. I've heard a lot of good stuff about The Expanse, I just never sat down to watch it with all the other shows on my plate.

              Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              Dark Matter - that was the Mallozzi one right? I couldn't watch anything associated with him after what he did to SGA. Yes, I'm a bitter person like that.
              Heh, you and me both.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Heh, you and me both.
                As I always put in my tags on Tumblr: never forgive, never forget.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                  Dark Matter - that was the Mallozzi one right? I couldn't watch anything associated with him after what he did to SGA. Yes, I'm a bitter person like that.
                  Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Heh, you and me both.
                  Make that three.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                  Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                  Comment


                    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

                    Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                    As I always put in my tags on Tumblr: never forgive, never forget.


                    Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Make that three.
                    *high-fives*
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                    Comment


                      I never took to 'Dark Matter,' I kept watching it but it never got interesting to me... I may have been wanting more 'Stargate' with Mallozzi involved.
                      "I met a traveller from an antique land..."

                      Comment


                        That understandable. Dark Matter was often a very frustrating show to watch. And often for very familiar reasons now that I think about it. They introduced interesting season long arcs but spent most of the time per season on episodic filler. And they often had a tendency to waste time on stories and characters that they were about to kill off and abort, leading to a lot of screen time that went nowhere.

                        You may remember that I occasionally provided updates on Torri's episodes or scenes.

                        But it had a mostly good cast and a setting with a lot of promise.

                        And although history would suggest there was a good chance they might have squandered it's potential, it did end on a frustrating cliffhanger just when it seemed like it was going to get more interesting.



                        But wait... uh never mind about all that! I'm not trying to get people to want to bring back Dark Matter. I'm trying to spread the word about The Expanse!

                        #SaveTheExpanse

                        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

                        *You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

                        "Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

                        "Elizabeth..."

                        Comment


                          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

                          Hmm, forgot to check in yesterday. Busy busy busy, LOL!

                          Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                          That understandable. Dark Matter was often a very frustrating show to watch. And often for very familiar reasons now that I think about it. They introduced interesting season long arcs but spent most of the time per season on episodic filler. And they often had a tendency to waste time on stories and characters that they were about to kill off and abort, leading to a lot of screen time that went nowhere.

                          You may remember that I occasionally provided updates on Torri's episodes or scenes.

                          But it had a mostly good cast and a setting with a lot of promise.

                          And although history would suggest there was a good chance they might have squandered it's potential, it did end on a frustrating cliffhanger just when it seemed like it was going to get more interesting.

                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK4TQY3cJvw

                          But wait... uh never mind about all that! I'm not trying to get people to want to bring back Dark Matter. I'm trying to spread the word about The Expanse!

                          #SaveTheExpanse

                          Frustrating? Yeah, that sounds like Mallozzi, all right.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                          Comment


                            Lazy sunday will be lazy week cause I'm on holiday -- Fuertaventura, the Canary Islands -- and there's literally nothing to see or do on this island. Therefore... lots of relaxing ahead.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                            Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                            Comment


                              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

                              Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Lazy sunday will be lazy week cause I'm on holiday -- Fuertaventura, the Canary Islands -- and there's literally nothing to see or do on this island. Therefore... lots of relaxing ahead.
                              Aaaahhhh, sounds heavenly. Enjoy your vacation!
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                              Comment


                                My classes start today. We'll see if my brain is still turned on or not.


                                Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Lazy sunday will be lazy week cause I'm on holiday -- Fuertaventura, the Canary Islands -- and there's literally nothing to see or do on this island. Therefore... lots of relaxing ahead.
                                Sounds great! Enjoy!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X