No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Besides, season 4 of GoT doesn't start here yet... no idea when it will either.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It starts here today, but I don't have HBO. So I just watch things on DVD instead.
      sigpic
      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        LOL!

I'm reading the books before watching the show (even though there are differences), and I'm always finished with a part right when the DVD's arrive in store, which is always around the end of March/beginning of April. My sister and I almost always go on holiday around the Easterholidays and then we take the DVD with us to watch it in the evenings. We've seen season 1 and 2 while on vacation in England, both times. We so happen to be in Portugal this year. Next year, when season 4 arrives on DVD we might very well be back in the UK or Ireland.
        I read the books and loved them but I hated the first season of the show. Odd, but the sex and nudity and all that nonsense with the incest bothered me on film, but I could tolerate it in the books. Yes, I know that's not logical. I hear the next season is even more different than the books also.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          True fact about that. Your own child's bodily emissions will not make you gag. At least not much anyway.

Have fun with the little one.
          Unless my luck changes, I'll never find out.

Thanks, SR. I always do.
          Last edited by mandogater; 07 April 2014, 05:48 PM.
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I thought season four was the rest of book three. Which I only partially read.
            sigpic
            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

In any case -- no spoilers would be appreciated.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                *shrugs* I read in the paper that they
                Spoiler:
                skip around a lot and might even get ahead of the books if GRRM doesn't hurry the heck up and finish the next book.
                sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies!

I'm back at work after an unexpected four day weekend and I finally feel a ton better. My head still sounds like I'm congested, but I feel great.

Fic pic spoilered:
                  Spoiler:

You sure you're well enough to return to active duty?

Oh yeah. Not that I didn't enjoy you being my nurse. Gotta say, your bedside manner has gotten better.

I learned from Rodney.

Eww.

Comment

*shrugs* I read in the paper that they
                    Spoiler:
                    skip around a lot and might even get ahead of the books if GRRM doesn't hurry the heck up and finish the next book.
                    Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                    I read the books and loved them but I hated the first season of the show. Odd, but the sex and nudity and all that nonsense with the incest bothered me on film, but I could tolerate it in the books. Yes, I know that's not logical. I hear the next season is even more different than the books also.
                    They're

Spoiler:
                    Jumping around a little, but George RR Martin jumped around starting in book 3, too, leaving out POVs of certain characters because there was too much content to fit even all the main starting characters in.

They won't surpass GRRM in the show, but they may not complete the series with 'the end' if he hasn't written it by the time the seven seasons they're aiming for is completed (which is not looking likely, he's sort of a snail when it comes to writing). One caveat they do have is that if he dies before he completes the series, the showrunners have been informed where he's going, so they could wrap the series up.

I'm sorta meh about the nudity and stuff. It's HBO, and the books are pretty graphic, so I accept it's there, but I'm not a fan. Very little of it is 'meaningful'. Like, in the premiere they wasted 5 minutes of my time in a brothel with Oberyn Martell and Ellaria Sand, which was five minutes they could have used elaborating on all the other storylines, all of which were wonderful.

I was over the moon, though, at the premiere. I am still trying to wrap my head around how much I love Jamie Lannister at this point. That's a testament to great writing for me, how he went from being absolutely despicable to a much beloved character.
                    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                      They're

Spoiler:
                      Jumping around a little, but George RR Martin jumped around starting in book 3, too, leaving out POVs of certain characters because there was too much content to fit even all the main starting characters in.

They won't surpass GRRM in the show, but they may not complete the series with 'the end' if he hasn't written it by the time the seven seasons they're aiming for is completed (which is not looking likely, he's sort of a snail when it comes to writing). One caveat they do have is that if he dies before he completes the series, the showrunners have been informed where he's going, so they could wrap the series up.

Spoiler:
                      I assume you mean they know where he's going with the books, not where he's going when he dies.

Spoiler:
                      I'm sorta meh about the nudity and stuff. It's HBO, and the books are pretty graphic, so I accept it's there, but I'm not a fan. Very little of it is 'meaningful'. Like, in the premiere they wasted 5 minutes of my time in a brothel with Oberyn Martell and Ellaria Sand, which was five minutes they could have used elaborating on all the other storylines, all of which were wonderful.

I was over the moon, though, at the premiere. I am still trying to wrap my head around how much I love Jamie Lannister at this point. That's a testament to great writing for me, how he went from being absolutely despicable to a much beloved character.

Spoiler:
                      I feel the same about Jamie, though I changed my mind about him a couple of times.
                      sigpic

Comment

Challenge #26 title trivia

FanGirl

Mrscopterdoc

raduzhok (under spoiler for size)

Spoiler:

RodneyIsGodney

Blencathra

Dragongirl

Great art everyone! Let the guessing commence. I will post what they are later today or tomorrow morning.
                        sigpic

Comment

Huge Thanks to Dragongirl for running the challenge for me last week!! And what an awesome challenge! I am stumped by a couple of them....can't wait to find out what they are!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Challenge #27

This week let's focus on a technical aspect that most people dread.....the icon. <insert moans and groans here> The point of a *challenge* is to push yourself to learn something new, or go outside your comfort zone once in awhile. That is how you grow. So this week, make 6 icons, but you can only use the same picture. So that means if you have a picture of say, Sheppard, you can focus on his face in one icon, his eyes in another, his hair in another, flip one, make one black and white, etc. Once you sit down and think about it, there are so many different things you can do with one picture. Icons are normally 100x100 but GW allows 120x120.

Please send me your 6 icons on a background so they make one picture. This will make it easier on me for posting. You can do as many as you want, just each picture = 6 icons = 1 background.

If you write fan fic, this week do poetry, with 6 verses/stanzas.

If the icons are just not working for you, or you want to do something more, make Easter art!

Entries are due to me [copter] by 6 AM your time Monday April 14th.
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just some reminders:

You can always find the current challenge here.

Challenges are always due on Mondays by 6AM your time.

If you have an idea for a challenge, or want to host the challenge one week for me, let me know!
                          sigpic

Comment

[/spoilers]

Spoiler:
                            I assume you mean they know where he's going with the books, not where he's going when he dies.

Spoiler:
                            I feel the same about Jamie, though I changed my mind about him a couple of times.
                            According to Beric Dondarrion...

Spoiler:
                            There is only darkness. Heheheheheh...

Spoiler:
                            Jamie's scene with Brienne was the best one of the episode, except maybe for the twist they added to Arya.
                            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Busy busy day for me, but finally got a chance to check in. So, hello world!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              Jamie's scene with Brienne was the best one of the episode, except maybe for the twist they added to Arya.
                              Absolutely agree on both counts. Good episode overall.
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Awesome art! I totally forgot about it, being sick! Guess I'll just hafta try the next challenge!

OT:
                                Spoiler:
                                I saw "Frozen" for the first and second times yesterday after work. Trying to conjure up a way to use "Let It Go" in a fanvid. LOL

And AoS OT:
                                Spoiler:
                                OH MY GAWD IS IT 8 O'CLOCK YET I WANNA SEE WHO THE CLAIRVOYENT (misspelled, I know) IS SO BAD BECAUSE I DON'T THINK IT'S HAND
                                Spoiler:
                                I THINK HAND IS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT THE CLAIRVOYENT IS CONTROLLING COULSON AND CO AND THAT'S THE REASON WHY SHE ORDERED THEM TAKEN OUT
                                BUT ANYHOW WE'LL SEE SOON I NEED TO STAY OFF TUMBLR

I promise I'm not this crazy in RL.

Comment

Working...
                                X