Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
    Nice one SW! Also love your new avatar!
    Thanks! It's probably a smilie that zuz made. If I could find it on my phone, I would link the thread. She made a bazillion of them.

If it was somebody else, my bad.

Comment

It's quite funny!
      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Zuz's thread is here - I've been adding to it since zuz has been gone
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          I wrote a thing.

Spoiler:
          John had never been on a blind date in his life.

He always believed that if you're good friends and you want to see where it goes, you had a better chance at succeeding than meeting a person whom you knew nothing about and trying to force something.

But when Rodney McKay had invited him to dinner at a casually fancy bistro, only to arrive and find that neither he nor Jennifer were there, one word flashed through his mind.

Setup.

But he was already here, dressed in a clean pair of dark jeans and a white button up shirt, and he was hungry. So he allowed the young blonde waitress to guide him to the table and handed him a menu, leaving him to look over it as she smiled.

Thank God they have regular food, he thought to himself. Growing up in a well to do family had exposed him to so many "delicacies" that if he saw the word caviar one more time on a menu, he was going to stick to a regular diet of McDonalds for the rest of his life.

One country song ended on the Muzak system inside the restaurant and another started. Slow yet steady guitar strums accompanied with a soft drum beat led into Keith Urban's voice.

"We drove right past that no trespassing sign, we sat on the tailgate and watched the planes take off."

John smirked as memories flooded him. One night in college, he had been paired up with a study partner a year behind him for his math class. It was his strong suit, not hers, and she needed a little help bringing up her GPA. Their mandatory weekly study group slowly evolved into an anticipated meeting.

Then one night, John waited outside the library with his '66 Mustang and as she walked past obliviously, he whistled at her.

Her mouth twisted in confusion, then into a smile as she dropped her books in the backseat.

They drove with the windows down until they reached the frontage road at the airport. Parents would bring their kids to watch the planes leave town. High school jocks would bring their dates and make out.

But John just liked watching the planes taking off.

When he'd pulled the cover back on the car, she looked over at him, an unfamiliar twinkle in her green eyes. "I bet the view's better on the other side."

Normally, he would've grinned and turned the offer down. But something made him turn the ignition and pull down the road to the unlocked entrance to the back of the landing strip.

"We thought we had all night, there was no need to rush. That's when those cops came pulling up, and I thought, man, ain't this some shhh..."

They lasted ten minutes before a single police car threw its lights on and approached them. Murmuring curses under their breaths, they slid off the hood and waited as the cops approached them, giving them the riot act as they told them they were trespassing and they needed to vacate the premises before they got arrested.

John had managed to keep his record clean through school, and so had she.

But apparently, there was a first time for everything.

The chorus played, and as he listened he saw it play out in his mind.

"There was something about the way the blue lights were shining, bringing out the freedom in your eyes. I was too busy watching you going wild child to be worried about going to jail. You were thinking that running for it would make a good story. I was thinking you were crazy as hell. And you were so innocent, but you were stealing my heart. I fell in love in the back of a cop car."

Half an hour later, the cops opened the door to the back seat and let them go.

They seemed inseparable for the next three months.

Then John got called up for active service.

They lost touch. Phone numbers got changed. Email addresses were disregarded after graduation.

But that look of recklessness from that night still haunted him.

As the song faded and a new one began, he entertained the hopeless possibility that maybe, just maybe, she would end up being his blind date. But he was too much of a realist to know the odds.

But when the doors opened and he looked up nonchalantly, his hazel eyes landed on someone he really wasn't expecting to see again.

As she wound her way through the rest of the patrons sitting towards the front of the restaurant, John blinked to clear the delusion from his eyes. But after five attempts, it persisted and he stood slowly, dumbstruck at the brunette figure that was standing five feet away from him.

She smiled, clutching a small bag. Her eyes had a few more wrinkles than they had fifteen years ago, and a slight awkward frown crossed her face, but it was still the same girl that had asked a cop for a light when she didn't even smoke.

She spoke first. "Hello, John."

John swallowed, trying to find words. Only one would come to his lips. "Elizabeth."

She chuckled. "Yeah. I can't believe it's you."

"Neither can I. How do you even know McKay?"

Elizabeth raised an eyebrow. "He works at Georgetown University, like I do. I teach poli sci."

"And you agreed to come to dinner with him?"

"Well, to be honest, Jennifer had invited me. When he mentioned a friend named John was coming, I got curious." She shrugged, trying not to smile but failing. "I was hoping, somehow, that maybe it was you."

"At what point did you realize this was a setup?"

Elizabeth shook her head, dark curls dancing. "This isn't a setup, John. This is serendipity."

"Which is just a fancy word for dumb luck," John replied sarcastically, giving her a small smile.

Elizabeth cocked her head. "You wanna pull out the thesaurus, or do you wanna have dinner?"

"Dinner."

"All right, then."

"And then the thesaurus."

fin
          You didn't just write a thing. You wrote a very good thing.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I wrote a thing.

Spoiler:

He always believed that if you're good friends and you want to see where it goes, you had a better chance at succeeding than meeting a person whom you knew nothing about and trying to force something.

But when Rodney McKay had invited him to dinner at a casually fancy bistro, only to arrive and find that neither he nor Jennifer were there, one word flashed through his mind.

Setup.

But he was already here, dressed in a clean pair of dark jeans and a white button up shirt, and he was hungry. So he allowed the young blonde waitress to guide him to the table and handed him a menu, leaving him to look over it as she smiled.

Thank God they have regular food, he thought to himself. Growing up in a well to do family had exposed him to so many "delicacies" that if he saw the word caviar one more time on a menu, he was going to stick to a regular diet of McDonalds for the rest of his life.

One country song ended on the Muzak system inside the restaurant and another started. Slow yet steady guitar strums accompanied with a soft drum beat led into Keith Urban's voice.

"We drove right past that no trespassing sign, we sat on the tailgate and watched the planes take off."

John smirked as memories flooded him. One night in college, he had been paired up with a study partner a year behind him for his math class. It was his strong suit, not hers, and she needed a little help bringing up her GPA. Their mandatory weekly study group slowly evolved into an anticipated meeting.

Then one night, John waited outside the library with his '66 Mustang and as she walked past obliviously, he whistled at her.

Her mouth twisted in confusion, then into a smile as she dropped her books in the backseat.

They drove with the windows down until they reached the frontage road at the airport. Parents would bring their kids to watch the planes leave town. High school jocks would bring their dates and make out.

When he'd pulled the cover back on the car, she looked over at him, an unfamiliar twinkle in her green eyes. "I bet the view's better on the other side."

Normally, he would've grinned and turned the offer down. But something made him turn the ignition and pull down the road to the unlocked entrance to the back of the landing strip.

"We thought we had all night, there was no need to rush. That's when those cops came pulling up, and I thought, man, ain't this some shhh..."

They lasted ten minutes before a single police car threw its lights on and approached them. Murmuring curses under their breaths, they slid off the hood and waited as the cops approached them, giving them the riot act as they told them they were trespassing and they needed to vacate the premises before they got arrested.

"There was something about the way the blue lights were shining, bringing out the freedom in your eyes. I was too busy watching you going wild child to be worried about going to jail. You were thinking that running for it would make a good story. I was thinking you were crazy as hell. And you were so innocent, but you were stealing my heart. I fell in love in the back of a cop car."

They lost touch. Phone numbers got changed. Email addresses were disregarded after graduation.

As the song faded and a new one began, he entertained the hopeless possibility that maybe, just maybe, she would end up being his blind date. But he was too much of a realist to know the odds.

But when the doors opened and he looked up nonchalantly, his hazel eyes landed on someone he really wasn't expecting to see again.

As she wound her way through the rest of the patrons sitting towards the front of the restaurant, John blinked to clear the delusion from his eyes. But after five attempts, it persisted and he stood slowly, dumbstruck at the brunette figure that was standing five feet away from him.

She smiled, clutching a small bag. Her eyes had a few more wrinkles than they had fifteen years ago, and a slight awkward frown crossed her face, but it was still the same girl that had asked a cop for a light when she didn't even smoke.

John swallowed, trying to find words. Only one would come to his lips. "Elizabeth."

Elizabeth raised an eyebrow. "He works at Georgetown University, like I do. I teach poli sci."

"Well, to be honest, Jennifer had invited me. When he mentioned a friend named John was coming, I got curious." She shrugged, trying not to smile but failing. "I was hoping, somehow, that maybe it was you."

Elizabeth shook her head, dark curls dancing. "This isn't a setup, John. This is serendipity."

"Which is just a fancy word for dumb luck," John replied sarcastically, giving her a small smile.

Elizabeth cocked her head. "You wanna pull out the thesaurus, or do you wanna have dinner?"

"Dinner."

"All right, then."

fin
            That was great
            sigpic
            Yachikin's Tumblr Yachikin's DeviantArt

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              Zuz's thread is here - I've been adding to it since zuz has been gone
              Aah, there it is! Thanks!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Originally posted by yachikins View Post
              That was great
              Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Sounds like she's well on her way. You have my sympathies.
                Thanks. The next few years will be very interesting.

I wrote a thing.

Spoiler:

Setup.

"Dinner."

"All right, then."

fin
                I love it, SW. I may never look at that song in the same light again. Since it's playing at least once a day on the radio station I listen too at work, I get the feeling every day will be a Sparky day for the near future.
                Last edited by mandogater; 25 February 2014, 04:56 PM. Reason: Can't spell
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I wrote a thing.

Spoiler:

Setup.

"Dinner."

"All right, then."

fin
                  Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  A very wickedly good thing! That was so sweet, ShipperWriter!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

tumblr_n1laladYQL1sq8lyio2_r1_250.pngtumblr_n1laladYQL1sq8lyio3_r1_250.png
                    I was doing some sprite editing and so I made a John and Elizabeth
                    sigpic
                    Yachikin's Tumblr Yachikin's DeviantArt

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                      I love it, SW. I may never look at that song in the same light again. Since it's playing at least once a day on the radio station I listen too at work, I get the feeling every day will be a Sparky day for the near future.
                      A very wickedly good thing! That was so sweet, ShipperWriter!
                      Aww, thank you!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39291[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]39292[/ATTACH]
                      Nice! Now let's see them having a bantos training session.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39291[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]39292[/ATTACH]
                        Those are so neat!

Nice! Now let's see them having a bantos training session.
                        Betcha she'd totally kick his ass because he was so distracted by how hot she looks. And because unlike him, she practices.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Those are so neat!

Betcha she'd totally kick his ass because he was so distracted by how hot she looks. And because unlike him, she practices.
                          You know it!

Now I hafta go search for an Elizabeth/Teyla fic where they're practicing and talking guys. Cause you know it's out there.

Comment

Now I hafta go search for an Elizabeth/Teyla fic where they're practicing and talking guys. Cause you know it's out there.
                            It's out there. I know it's out there, except in the ones I know they're probably not talking about the guys.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              It's out there. I know it's out there, except in the ones I know they're probably not talking about the guys.
                              I Googled it and found a few like the ones you were talking about. Lol

Meanwhile, a solitary fic bunny just showed up on my keyboard and started hopping furiously. If I can find wifi tomorrow, as it is not yet installed at my house and I've almost hit my mobile data limit, I'll post it tomorrow.

Comment

Might it be for a longer story?
                                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Working...
                                X