No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just spent the last hour constantly laughing. Duet was funny man.

Aww and i missed the arm-touching at the end coz i was too mezmerised by Lizzie's pink lipgloss Will have to go back and watch that.

Their scene at the end was uber cute. The wy she kinda shakes her head when she says 'Yes'..bless

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
      Knowing what we know now about the Ori, and the benefits to ascended beings by having lower beings worship them...

Chaya just breaks all kinds of rules, doesn't she?
      I think we can safely say that TPTB hadn't thought that far ahead when they came up with Sanctuary.

The way faith is handled on both SG-1 and Atlantis has always bugged me. Being a person of faith myself, I like BSG's approach much better, because the people who believe in things, whether it's the Cylons with their belief in a single deity, or Roslin and Starbuck with their faith in the ancient gods, are never depicted as simple or backward or stupid.

But anyway...

If I were to pick something other than Sanctuary for my least favorite moment of Season 1... Well, I hate to be cliché, but I'd have to go with the cave scene in Rising. Just makes me cringe.
      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
      Last update: 14 April 2006
      Melyanna's Multimedia
      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
        I think we can safely say that TPTB hadn't thought that far ahead when they came up with Sanctuary.

The way faith is handled on both SG-1 and Atlantis has always bugged me. Being a person of faith myself, I like BSG's approach much better, because the people who believe in things, whether it's the Cylons with their belief in a single deity, or Roslin and Starbuck with their faith in the ancient gods, are never depicted as simple or backward or stupid.

But anyway...

If I were to pick something other than Sanctuary for my least favorite moment of Season 1... Well, I hate to be cliché, but I'd have to go with the cave scene in Rising. Just makes me cringe.
        I think at this point, we can stop calling it 'the cave scene of Rising,' and just call it the 'cringe-worthy scene of Rising.' Everybody will automatically understand the meaning.
        Last edited by Whistler84; 09 November 2005, 01:11 PM.

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
        I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
        Spoiler:
        Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler84
          I think at this point, we can stop calling it 'the cave scene of Rising,' and just call it the 'cringe-worthy scene of Rising.' Everybody will automatically understanding the meaning.
          Alas, there are two for me. The other scene I hate is the one where Ford asks Sumner why he has a problem with Sheppard. I understand that they wanted to have someone reiterate that there are problems with his record, but it was horribly unprofessional. Sumner never should have even acknowledged his problems with Sheppard in front of someone who's serving under Sheppard. They could have done the same thing with Sumner expressing those concerns to Weir.

Uh, yeah. That scene bugs me a bit.
          Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Alas, there are two for me. The other scene I hate is the one where Ford asks Sumner why he has a problem with Sheppard. I understand that they wanted to have someone reiterate that there are problems with his record, but it was horribly unprofessional. Sumner never should have even acknowledged his problems with Sheppard in front of someone who's serving under Sheppard. They could have done the same thing with Sumner expressing those concerns to Weir.

Uh, yeah. That scene bugs me a bit.
            I completely agree. Somehow I managed to miss it the first time I saw Rising. However when it was repeated recently that scene stuck out like a sore thumb. Ford shouldn't have asked, though I may let that slide a little because there are other times where he acts unprofessionally due to his youth but Sumner definitely shouldn't have answered him. There is no point in people like Sumner, Everett and Caldwell making a point about not being happy with Sheppard because he doesn't follow the rules if they then act unprofessionally themselves. If we are talking about scenes that I didn't like. I really didn't like Everett attacking Sheppard in Siege 2 over his shooting of Sumner for exactly the same reasons. Granted, on that occasion, Everett wasn't bringing anyone else into the equation but it still reaked in my mind of inappropriate and unprofessional conduct. To be honest, for the most part, Everett grated on me as a whole in Siege 2, because he seemed such an unlikely person to be chosen to lead a rescue team to Pegasus. Caldwell is much better as an antagonist than either Sumner or Everett. Though I still feel even with him that they are sometimes trying to create tension within the leadership with a sledgehammer rather than a scalpel.
            ~ Esther~ My Live Journal
            FBI - Body Preservation Division

Comment

Originally posted by smallgirl
              I completely agree. Somehow I managed to miss it the first time I saw Rising. However when it was repeated recently that scene stuck out like a sore thumb. Ford shouldn't have asked, though I may let that slide a little because there are other times where he acts unprofessionally due to his youth but Sumner definitely shouldn't have answered him. There is no point in people like Sumner, Everett and Caldwell making a point about not being happy with Sheppard because he doesn't follow the rules if they then act unprofessionally themselves. If we are talking about scenes that I didn't like. I really didn't like Everett attacking Sheppard in Siege 2 over his shooting of Sumner for exactly the same reasons. Granted, on that occasion, Everett wasn't bringing anyone else into the equation but it still reaked in my mind of inappropriate and unprofessional conduct. To be honest, for the most part, Everett grated on me as a whole in Siege 2, because he seemed such an unlikely person to be chosen to lead a rescue team to Pegasus. Caldwell is much better as an antagonist than either Sumner or Everett. Though I still feel even with him that they are sometimes trying to create tension within the leadership with a sledgehammer rather than a scalpel.
              i loved that fact that John sided with her even though he didnt really know her... he had such a loyalty to her already
              ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

I gotta agree. Cadwell is a far more appropriate FOIL (this is an English term, which I'm presuming, most people know?), because he's more subtle and has many more possibilities. Not just for Weir, whose had the most interaction with him, but also for Sheppard. (Actually, sometimes I feel that Weir's interaction with Cadwell reflects poorly on Weir).

With Sheppard, it's still a dynamic that has been left largely unexplored. At times, Cadwells's an ally, and at others, Cadwell's the guy trying to take Sheppard's job. I hope they don't intend to turn Cadwell into a one-dimentional character. Not when he shows so much potential.

Actually, this makes me think of something the S/T people pointed out. I was lurking in their thread one day, (bad, bad Whistler!) and they were talking about how Cadwell unites Sheppard and Weir against a common foe the same way that Bates had united Sheppard and Teyla in season one. The comparison, I think, is apt. If you think about it, both Cadwell and Bates played the outside force that was making major assumptions and causing tension for each of the party members involved. But for some reason, tptb decided to switch out Bates for Cadwell. Kinda makes me wonder that they had this 'antagonistic guy whose good at his job, but still a meanie' character set up for some shippery intentions. In season one, they had S/T planned at the beginning, and had Bates for them. But when they shifted focus to S/W, they realized that this little three-way-interaction wouldn't serve its purpose anymore. They certainly couldn't have Bates decide to turn on Weir, for he always seemed to have a respect for Weir. So, come season two, they get ride of Bates (a loss, I think) and introduced Cadwell as the new ''antagonistic guy whose good at his job, but still a meanie' that would "upset" the shippy duo. What do you guys think?

Spoiler:

Comment

I gotta agree. Cadwell is a far more appropriate FOIL (this is an English term, which I'm presuming, most people know?), because he's more subtle and has many more possibilities. Not just for Weir, whose had the most interaction with him, but also for Sheppard. (Actually, sometimes I feel that Weir's interaction with Cadwell reflects poorly on Weir).

With Sheppard, it's still a dynamic that has been left largely unexplored. At times, Cadwells's an ally, and at others, Cadwell's the guy trying to take Sheppard's job. I hope they don't intend to turn Cadwell into a one-dimentional character. Not when he shows so much potential.

Actually, this makes me think of something the S/T people pointed out. I was lurking in their thread one day, (bad, bad Whistler!) and they were talking about how Cadwell unites Sheppard and Weir against a common foe the same way that Bates had united Sheppard and Teyla in season one. The comparison, I think, is apt. If you think about it, both Cadwell and Bates played the outside force that was making major assumptions and causing tension for each of the party members involved. But for some reason, tptb decided to switch out Bates for Cadwell. Kinda makes me wonder that they had this 'antagonistic guy whose good at his job, but still a meanie' character set up for some shippery intentions. In season one, they had S/T planned at the beginning, and had Bates for them. But when they shifted focus to S/W, they realized that this little three-way-interaction wouldn't serve its purpose anymore. They certainly couldn't have Bates decide to turn on Weir, for he always seemed to have a respect for Weir. So, come season two, they get ride of Bates (a loss, I think) and introduced Cadwell as the new ''antagonistic guy whose good at his job, but still a meanie' that would "upset" the shippy duo. What do you guys think?
                  i like Caldwell for the fact the i can like Torri being all *****y and not feel bad for the other character.... i like that she doesnt like him...(confusing i know)

Comment

Originally posted by smallgirl
                    Caldwell is much better as an antagonist than either Sumner or Everett. Though I still feel even with him that they are sometimes trying to create tension within the leadership with a sledgehammer rather than a scalpel.
                    Such a great way of putting it. I think part of the problem we've had with Caldwell thus far is that the episodes we've seen have been the ones that were written before Mitch Pileggi was cast. And lelt's face it, there aren't a whole lot of actors who are good enough to pull off that kind of delicate antagonism. Pileggi is one of the few I can think of. So hopefully, further episodes will be more tailored to his extraordinary talents.
                    Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Such a great way of putting it. I think part of the problem we've had with Caldwell thus far is that the episodes we've seen have been the ones that were written before Mitch Pileggi was cast. And lelt's face it, there aren't a whole lot of actors who are good enough to pull off that kind of delicate antagonism. Pileggi is one of the few I can think of. So hopefully, further episodes will be more tailored to his extraordinary talents.
                      i love mitch pileggi... i loved x-files and i think that he is doing a great job on atlantis... i love the way he is causing a bit of divesity between Liz an dJohn... i so cant wait to see what he does in TLG

Comment

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde
                        i love mitch pileggi... i loved x-files and i think that he is doing a great job on atlantis... i love the way he is causing a bit of divesity between Liz an dJohn... i so cant wait to see what he does in TLG
                        ohhh, you know, I never even gave a thought to what Cadwell would do in TLG. Boy, are those juicy possibilities!

Spoiler:

Comment

ohhh, you know, I never even gave a thought to what Cadwell would do in TLG. Boy, are those juicy possibilities!
                          really???? OMG i am always thinking about that and the consequennces that will have to be dealt with accordingly....

Comment

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde
                            really???? OMG i am always thinking about that and the consequennces that will have to be dealt with accordingly....
                            I suppose I was too busy creating shippy sceneros with Sheppard and Weir to remember, oh yeah, doesn't Atlantis have an entire *cast* of people, not just these two? And aren't these other insignificant people somehow involved in TLG?

*shrugs*

Goes back to daydreaming about Sheppard/Weir.

Spoiler:

Comment

I think at this point, we can stop calling it 'the cave scene of Rising,' and just call it the 'cringe-worthy scene of Rising.' Everybody will automatically understand the meaning.
                              LOL! A new way to pass the 'time' until new eps! Re-name those scenes! How about the 'tryin too hard to squish round peg into square hole' scene? Or...'the absolutely bereft of any natural chemistry' scene? 'Cringe-worthy' does it for me though.

May I nominate the Siege 3 lip lickage/stare at mouth 'scene' as the : 'OMG, you're sexy hot! and I'm not sure I knew it!' scene. And perhaps the scene with Caldwell cornering Weir on her Shep feelings should be dubbed: 'Get YOself Straight with the Sparky- ya jerk!' scene?

Just some ever so innocent suggestions...

Comment

Hey guys, i thought I would do this and show why I think some pairings have a chance, and soem don't.

Sheppard/Weir: The traditional, but beloved, opposites attract pairing. Elizabeth is smart, a little serious and a workaholic. John is secretly smart, very free spirited and while he takes his job seriously, doesn't go overboard. They both have this complete respect for one another, and seem to work great together. I suspected this pairing in 38 Minutes, and fell in love with it in The Storm and The Eye. I convinced my sister about them in The Intruder when Simon told Elizabetht hat he had found someone else. I was surprised by this move, but no less thrilled.

Sheppard/Teyla: I admit, in the beginning this one had merit. When I first saw The Rising, I thought It'll be those two. But after the first few episodes, zippo, natta, nothing. I lost the chemistry, and found Shweir. I think that now John and Teyla have a deep friendship, and she probably had a crush on him in season one, but that's it. No romance.

McKay/Weir: I have no idea where this came from. First of all Rodney is a spineless know-it-all, which I don't think is Elizabeth's type. Now, I'm not saying I hate Rodney, in fact I love him, but he's not for Weir. I could see Rodney haveing a crush on Elizabeth, but he has one on Sam, Heightmeyer, Some chick in The Brotherhood, and a the Wraith girl in Aurora. Yeah, I've seen only one POSSIBLE hint in The Eye, when he started saying somehting to her about the grounding station thing not working, but that could be to convince Kolya that the whole plan to save Atlantis, was a slim deal.

Teyla/Ronon: My second favorite pairing. Both are warriors, both are natives to Pegasus, and they both respect one another. Sheyla fans claim it all brother/sister, but I'd send my brother to Fraud if he looked at me like Ronon looked at teyla in The Lost Boys.

Beckett/Weir: Uh, never thought this one would be an option. Carson is a nice guy, ands he does respect Elizabeth, but I don't see anything. He's smiled at her a few times, but he smiles at everyone. Besides, she didn't seem heartbroked in Duet when Cadman expressed her feelings to the doctor, so I don't tnhink he's anything.

Caldwell/Weir: Oh you've got to be kidding me! Where did anybody get this idea? They played chess...ONCE!!! And in that same episode she got mad at him. Caldwell is supposed to be a weasel trying to usurp John's position. Even his bio says he doesn't like John and Liz. Besides, he too old for her.

And I abhor all slash fics, and I highly doubt that the producers or the writers would go for any of them. I've never seen any gay stuff happen on Stargate from what I've seen at least.

Anyways, that's my veiw on the pairings. All of you are free to disagree or agree with me. Just to let you know, I happen to have a good sense about pairings, and I have yet to be proven wrong. Any thoughts on my opinion?

SHWEIR EPISODES: 38 Minutes, The Storm, The Eye, Hot Zone, Seige Part 1,2 and 3, The Intruder, Conversion, The Lost Boys, The Hive, The Long Goodbye, Coup D'Etat, No Man's Land,The Misbegotten, Irresistable, Progeny, The Real World, Common Ground, The Return Part 1, Echoes, Tao of Rodney and many more to come!!!

Oh yeah, Shweir rules!:

Comment

Working...
                                X