Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
    My moments were from every season except 5. I think you would have enjoyed the season 5 "critique" thread back when the show was airing. We had a lot of fun and it was kind of like therapy to help us get through the season.
    Heh!

And my list has been sent. I had a grand total of ONE Sparky moment. *pauses for everyone's gasps of shock*

Anyway, I had one moment from Season 5, one from Season 3, and three from Season 1. Gimme that classic SGA, baby.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Heh!

And my list has been sent. I had a grand total of ONE Sparky moment. *pauses for everyone's gasps of shock*

Anyway, I had one moment from Season 5, one from Season 3, and three from Season 1. Gimme that classic SGA, baby.
      I, too, only had one true Sparky moment on my list. Although a couple others were close...

Season one still remains my favorite even though I generally prefer Ronon to Ford and a lot of great Sparky happens in the later seasons. If I had to pick my top 5 episodes, 3 would probably come from this season.

ETA: Harry Potter weekend has begun! Being a Charms Master would in RL would be cool!
      sigpic
      sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

I, too, only had one true Sparky moment on my list. Although a couple others were close...

Season one still remains my favorite even though I generally prefer Ronon to Ford and a lot of great Sparky happens in the later seasons. If I had to pick my top 5 episodes, 3 would probably come from this season.
        Gotta agree with that. Ah, the good ol' days...

ETA: Harry Potter weekend has begun! Being a Charms Master would in RL would be cool!
        Hmm, seems I'm a Runes Teacher. Gee, does that explain my obsession with Japanese anime?
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Farscape fans, when did the show hook you?
          I only started watching Farscape cause I'd be meeting Gigi Edgley at a Firefly convention. And we were also curious about Ben Browder and Claudia Black so that's why... I was hooked pretty much from the start. The only thing that made me cringe every single time until the very end of the show, was the intro theme.

**//**

Most Dramatic Moment In Stargate Atlantis

1. Atlantis fires up the stardrive and takes off from Lantea in an attempt to flee from the Asuran satellite weapon... and Elizabeth is injured. - First Strike (3)
          2. Elizabeth sacrifices herself, ordering John and Ronon to go - Lifeline (3)
          3. Sheppard dies all alone in the desert after stopping the Wraith from escaping before the Air Force can blow up the Wraith's hideout - Vegas (2)
          4. Teyla takes care of Michael - Prodigal (2)
          5. Atlantis rises from the bottom of the Lantean ocean for the first time in 10,000 years - Rising (2)
          6. McKay steps between Kolya's gun and Weir and pleads for Weir's life - The Eye
          7. Elizabeth tells John to go on his suicide mission - The Siege II
          8. John reacts to Elizabeth being "killed" - The Storm/The Eye
          9. John's puddlejumper is destroyed - The Siege II
          10. Elizabeth gets captured by the replicators - Lifeline
          11. Todd accuses the Atlantis Expedition and Daedalus crew of betraying him - First Contact
          12. Todd and Sheppard almost come to blows - Infection
          13. Sheppard and McKay fight over Elizabeth's fate - Adrift
          14. The infirmary scene - I have had a chance to rescue a teammate before... - Search and Rescue
          15. Kolya's "Say goodbye to Dr Weir" - The Storm
          16. The entire gateroom resolution - Kolya deciding to take McKay and Weir, Shep & Ford shooting them, then everyone getting back before McKay activates the shield with seconds to spare - The Eye
          17. Sumner's death - Rising
          18. Teyla's Wraith dream - The Gift
          19. Elizabeth sacrifices herself - Ghost in the Machine
          20. Carson dies - Sunday
          21. Clone Carson's first episode - The Kindred
          22. John shooting Kolya to save Elizabeth - The Eye
          23. John being resuscitated by Carson - 38 Minutes
          24. John and Ronon preparing to die - Search and Rescue
          25. Peter Grodin realizes he's going to meet his end - The Siege I
          26. Teyla realizing Kate is dead - Doppelganger
          27. The "goodbye's" at the end of the messages - Letters From Pegasus

And a few more that Gateraid came up with after his chosen 5:

Spoiler:
          Michael's 'reveal' - Michael
          The 'reveal' of the Asurans as replicators - Progeny
          Elizabeth collapsing - Echoes
          The Ark teaser scene - The Ark
          Keller tells Sheppard that Weir will never be the same again - Adrift
          Shep & McKay getting ear violated by the whales - Echoes
          The pier scene - The Shrine
          The first time Todd feeds on Sheppard - Common Ground
          Pretty much everything from Weir's this is insane through to Rodney's imaginary goodbye on the pier - or simply Carson's death - Sunday
          Sheppard decides to break through the quarantine - The Real World
          Carson's second goodbye - Kindred II

//**//

And next we chose the Most Angsty Moments of Stargate Atlantis. Same rules apply - 5 picks of which 2 have to be non-Sparky. Deadline same time next week saturday.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

i didn't get to vote this time. but these would be my votes

Spoiler:
            Most Dramatic Moment In Stargate Atlantis

1. Atlantis fires up the stardrive and takes off from Lantea in an attempt to flee from the Asuran satellite weapon... and Elizabeth is injured. - First Strike (3)
            2. Elizabeth sacrifices herself, ordering John and Ronon to go - Lifeline (3)
            3. Sheppard dies all alone in the desert after stopping the Wraith from escaping before the Air Force can blow up the Wraith's hideout - Vegas (2)
            4. Teyla takes care of Michael - Prodigal (2)
            5. Atlantis rises from the bottom of the Lantean ocean for the first time in 10,000 years - Rising (2)
            6. McKay steps between Kolya's gun and Weir and pleads for Weir's life - The Eye
            7. Elizabeth tells John to go on his suicide mission - The Siege II
            8. John reacts to Elizabeth being "killed" - The Storm/The Eye
            9. John's puddlejumper is destroyed - The Siege II
            10. Elizabeth gets captured by the replicators - Lifeline
            11. Todd accuses the Atlantis Expedition and Daedalus crew of betraying him - First Contact
            12. Todd and Sheppard almost come to blows - Infection
            13. Sheppard and McKay fight over Elizabeth's fate - Adrift
            14. The infirmary scene - I have had a chance to rescue a teammate before... - Search and Rescue
            15. Kolya's "Say goodbye to Dr Weir" - The Storm
            16. The entire gateroom resolution - Kolya deciding to take McKay and Weir, Shep & Ford shooting them, then everyone getting back before McKay activates the shield with seconds to spare - The Eye
            17. Sumner's death - Rising
            18. Teyla's Wraith dream - The Gift
            19. Elizabeth sacrifices herself - Ghost in the Machine
            20. Carson dies - Sunday
            21. Clone Carson's first episode - The Kindred
            22. John shooting Kolya to save Elizabeth - The Eye
            23. John being resuscitated by Carson - 38 Minutes
            24. John and Ronon preparing to die - Search and Rescue
            25. Peter Grodin realizes he's going to meet his end - The Siege I
            26. Teyla realizing Kate is dead - Doppelganger
            27. The "goodbye's" at the end of the messages - Letters From Pegasus
            Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 20 August 2011, 08:13 AM.

Comment

would Elizabeth's Reaction to john being fed on by a wraith be a dramatic moment or an angst moment?
              Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 20 August 2011, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                would Elizabeth's Reaction to john be fed on be a dramatic moment or an angst moment?
                Depends on how you look at it, but I would say that's definitely angst on her part. It's dramatic moment but it leans closer to angst than it does to real drama.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Depends on how you look at it, but I would say that's definitely angst on her part. It's dramatic moment but it leans closer to angst than it does to real drama.
                  it's just for me, angst and drama are hard to figure out. i think i may have to watch atlantis again to figure it out.

Comment

it's just for me, angst and drama are hard to figure out. i think i may have to watch atlantis again to figure it out.
                    I know what you mean.

Comment

I know what you mean.
                      all i gotta say is well played. you going to make me really think long and hard about this. and why are the ranks now harry potter stuff?

Comment

You going to make me really think long and hard about this.
                        Trust me when I say I have to really go deep to check my archives.

...and why are the ranks now harry potter stuff?
                        It's the theme of August, in honor of the franchise ending... a lot of us grew up with these films and books.

I'm already an assistent to Dumbledore (he'll always remain the headmaster of Hogwarts) and I'm the keeper of a Horcrux.

Comment

I'm just posting to see what my HP rank is. I got nothing. Except that Sparky has proven through all 5 years to be canon ship. That is all.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            I'm just posting to see what my HP rank is.
                            You're a dragon tamer so I guess that means you're out in Roumania with Charlie Weasly, taming Norwegian Ridgebacks or something.

Comment

You're a dragon tamer so I guess that means you're out in Roumania with Charlie Weasly, taming Norwegian Ridgebacks or something.
                              *snort* Mr. SR just wandered in and I tried to explain the HP titles. *sigh* Now I have a headache.

He needs to stay in his room because I am trying to write Sparky smut. And I sure don't want to have to explain that. Yes, you heard right. And it may have an actual plot.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Gonna finally see Cowboys and Aliens later today.

I'm just posting to see what my HP rank is. I got nothing. Except that Sparky has proven through all 5 years to be canon ship. That is all.
                                And really, that's all anyone needs to know.

Dragon Tamer is an awesome rank, by the way.

*snort* Mr. SR just wandered in and I tried to explain the HP titles. *sigh* Now I have a headache.

He needs to stay in his room because I am trying to write Sparky smut. And I sure don't want to have to explain that. Yes, you heard right. And it may have an actual plot.
                                Sparky smut with a plot! What are you doing here, then? Go write some more! LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X