No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I just watched Rising, and one little question is irking me. You know how Elizabeth said she personally asked John to join the expedition, I am curious about how that conversation went. Because if you think about it, behind the scenes.....it's the first official Sparky moment.
    BALCONIES
    The Breeding Ground of Ships.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
      So I just watched Rising, and one little question is irking me. You know how Elizabeth said she personally asked John to join the expedition, I am curious about how that conversation went. Because if you think about it, behind the scenes.....it's the first official Sparky moment.
      *sneaks in a self fic rec*

This is a story I wrote called "Second Chances", and the last chapter has my take on that convo. It has a few AU twists, but if you dismiss those, this is basically how I would see it playing out. With a cute dose of fluff at the end.

Chapter 3 of "Second Chances"

Comment

Hmmm... the multi-quote thing isn't working for me today. I'll have to try to remember. It was a long day, though, so we'll see.

FH - I'm so sorry you lost out on your bid again!

SK - *glomps you*

ShipperWriter - Scary kids are scary! I saw the shuttle launch on CNN. So cool! I have to admit to getting nervous while watching them, though.

To all the SGA Rising people - This is so VERY VERY exciting!!!

Wow, I forgot if there was anything else I wanted to reply to. Crap, my brain is getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          *sneaks in a self fic rec*

This is a story I wrote called "Second Chances", and the last chapter has my take on that convo. It has a few AU twists, but if you dismiss those, this is basically how I would see it playing out. With a cute dose of fluff at the end.

Chapter 3 of "Second Chances"
          I like your take, I may take my own on it. I could totally see John being like in his mind, "Im just gonna screw everything up! You dont want me."
          BALCONIES
          The Breeding Ground of Ships.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
            I like your take, I may take my own on it. I could totally see John being like in his mind, "Im just gonna screw everything up! You dont want me."
            Thanks!!!

This is horrible, but it's 6:30pm and I'm considering taking a nap. With the full moon last night, I didn't sleep too good!

Maybe the nap will help the fic bunnies who currently seemed stalled ...

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Have you seen Kris around? I think we need to add the new banners and icons to the website.
              I gave her a poke on Twitter earlier today. Hopefully she's working on it; she said she was having trouble getting onto GW, and apparently it's been happening with others as well.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Oh... I didn't know you could do that. Ebay is rather new to me, as far as using it goes anyway. Mmm... thanks for the tip.
              You're welcome! eBay can be fun, once you learn the tricks.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              Hmmm... the multi-quote thing isn't working for me today. I'll have to try to remember. It was a long day, though, so we'll see.

FH - I'm so sorry you lost out on your bid again!

SK - *glomps you*

ShipperWriter - Scary kids are scary! I saw the shuttle launch on CNN. So cool! I have to admit to getting nervous while watching them, though.

To all the SGA Rising people - This is so VERY VERY exciting!!!

Wow, I forgot if there was anything else I wanted to reply to. Crap, my brain is getting old.
              *runs around like a zany person*

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
              Thanks!!!

This is horrible, but it's 6:30pm and I'm considering taking a nap. With the full moon last night, I didn't sleep too good!

Maybe the nap will help the fic bunnies who currently seemed stalled ...
              Hmm, seems like my bunnies like to OD on coffee.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Well, I've spread the word on deviantArt too. The SGA Rising press machine is kicking into high gear.

Edit: Woah, when did that happen?! Just noticed I got promoted to Lieutenant Colonel! Oh well... yay!
                sigpic
                Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                  Well, I've spread the word on deviantArt too. The SGA Rising press machine is kicking into high gear.

Edit: Woah, when did that happen?! Just noticed I got promoted to Lieutenant Colonel! Oh well... yay!
                  Congratulations on the promotion! This calls for champagne!

Spoiler:

: So, we've got the champagne... who's got the tasty snacks?
                  : I think McKay ate 'em.
                  : Hey!

(This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    I gave her a poke on Twitter earlier today. Hopefully she's working on it; she said she was having trouble getting onto GW, and apparently it's been happening with others as well.

You're welcome! eBay can be fun, once you learn the tricks.

*runs around like a zany person*

Hmm, seems like my bunnies like to OD on coffee.
                    Thanks, I have the appropriate posts bookmarked if she needs them.

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post

Edit: Woah, when did that happen?! Just noticed I got promoted to Lieutenant Colonel! Oh well... yay! http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/v...eir_cheer2.gif
                    Congrats. I'm just glad to get our old titles back.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Congrats. I'm just glad to get our old titles back.
                      Heh. I'm just glad I missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Sit & spin...sit & spin. I'm dizzy from signing on here. LOL

Saw the Atlantis Rising announcement on Twitter this afternoon and yes, I admit it, I grinned like an idiot. This thread is going to put out an EPIC season 6.
                        sigpic
                        sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                          Sit & spin...sit & spin. I'm dizzy from signing on here. LOL

Saw the Atlantis Rising announcement on Twitter this afternoon and yes, I admit it, I grinned like an idiot. This thread is going to put out an EPIC season 6.
                          oh i don't think EPIC quite covers it. I think Earth Shattering sounds better.

Comment

Sparky good morning!

sigpic

Comment

Yay! BTW, love your title for that one. LOL!

I watched 1/2 of Siege 3 this morning to try to get me in a good head space for work today. That hug never gets old. The best part for me is John's reaction afterwards. The awkward pause with lip licking and staring at her mouth. Hee! If they didn't want that to be shippy then they should have told Joe not to act that way. And skipped the sweet music. And not have the sweeping camera action.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                                Yay! BTW, love your title for that one. LOL!

I watched 1/2 of Siege 3 this morning to try to get me in a good head space for work today. That hug never gets old. The best part for me is John's reaction afterwards. The awkward pause with lip licking and staring at her mouth. Hee! If they didn't want that to be shippy then they should have told Joe not to act that way. And skipped the sweet music. And not have the sweeping camera action.
                                It's not my title. That was done by Cutting Onions and is indeed a great title. Does anyone have an animated GIF of the kiss? We need one.

And yeah, that John reaction is just what made that hug special. If you want to see emotion from John Sheppard, look no further. Joe played him as trying very hard to hold it all together there, and as usual, did a superb job. Well, actually since the above eyesex moment came first, we can point to that as another example of John emotion overflowing through Joe's eyes. What made them decide to open up and just let all the feeling pour out at that particular moment? I would love to know but commentaries tend to focus on lighting or they are babbling about anything but what's happening on screen. So frustrating.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X