Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Sparkies, let's put aside the can of worms for a minute
    I have a question. Elizabeth has a problem about her knee (mentioned by McKay in The Storm).
    Does anyone here have further info about this, was it an accident or ... I don't know
    I need it for my fic, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
      Hi Sparkies, let's put aside the can of worms for a minute
      I have a question. Elizabeth has a problem about her knee (mentioned by McKay in The Storm).
      Does anyone here have further info about this, was it an accident or ... I don't know
      I need it for my fic, thanks!
      That has never been answered in the show (surprise, surprise!) but there's a lot of speculation in fics: car accident, due to performing ballet, got attacked,...
      So you really can do with it what you like

Sig by me

Comment

"can of worms"? I missed something.

Erin: I'm trying to choose one of your sigs but it's too complicated.lol They are all great. I almost wanted to take the Teyla/Kanaan one but I'm sure I will have some trouble especially if I go on the Teyla thread.....

Kris: You're lucky. An afternoon with Edward James Olmos, Katee Sackhoff and Torri......I WANT TO GO WITH YOU!!!!! Please....*cries*
        sigpic
        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
          Kris: You're lucky. An afternoon with Edward James Olmos, Katee Sackhoff and Torri......I WANT TO GO WITH YOU!!!!! Please....*cries*
          I know I'm lucky!! And you can always come with me if you'd like, I won't stop you
          I mean, there's a photo-op with Eddie and Katee TOGETHER!!!

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
            That must be it! Can't be that I'm computer challenged sometimes.

Actually I think it's GW. When I typed this it brought up everything I've quoted all evening.

I think I'll start fresh tomorrow....
            I always have trouble when I change a sig too. It took about 3 tries to get the new one up. Try downloading the sig from photobucket to your computer and then do the second option of choosing a sig from your computer. That usually works for me.

And I've been having the same trouble as SK with the quotes. I thought they would have fixed that by now. I just usually delete all the ones that came earlier. Annoying.

Guys, my friend is arriving today so I won't be around as much for the next week. I'll pop in and out occasionally when I can.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday! And we've got no more weekday reruns of SGA on SyFy until July 20. Sucktastic!

As to the end of our Independence Day festivities, the bootleg fireworks finally died down around 11pm out here. But we had some pretty good ones!

True. What I object to is that by springing it in the very first episode, they just rushed it in to get it out of the way as quickly as possible and didn't take the time to properly set up the underlying plot development. I don't consider that good writing. The rest of their ideas do look pretty interesting, though.

Nope, it's not been greenlighted. There's a fan campaign to keep the pressure on MGM and all, and Mallozzi keeps saying that they want to get it made, but that's it.

Yes, with all that buildup, any story that would break them up would have to be very careful to take their past history into account and not degenerate into sloppy cliches (death, cultural quirks that 'let them off the hook,' etc.)

Now he's talking about doing an SGU movie even before an SGA movie?!? *headdesk*
              It was falsely greenlit WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY back in 2009 when the show ended, almost immediately, as was the third SG-1 movie. But I think in their case they were almost positive they'd have the funding and then something fell through, halting both projects. I guess it has to be 're-greenlit'?

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Oh, we think McKay is more likely too but wouldn't it be fun to see Joe's reaction?

I guess technically we have violated our own rules about canon but bringing Kate back is worth it.
              Nawwwww...we're pushing believability a little bit, but we're not violating canon--no more so than they did when they set up the storyline to use an alternative actress for Elizabeth in GITM. Teyla will recognize that Kate had died in the reality she changes--she's just gonna change it.
              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

When I saw this cap, I just had to comment... it's under spoilers so as not to piss off the other ship...

Spoiler:
                Honestly... this is their last scene together, don't you think that if they were madly and secretly in lurv, there had to be more between them then just standing there like that? There is ZERO chemistry between them... how anyone can think she could abandon Kanaan for John after this scene is beyond me.
                Spoiler:

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                  When I saw this cap, I just had to comment... it's under spoilers so as not to piss off the other ship...

Spoiler:
                  Honestly... this is their last scene together, don't you think that if they were madly and secretly in lurv, there had to be more between them then just standing there like that? There is ZERO chemistry between them... how anyone can think she could abandon Kanaan for John after this scene is beyond me.
                  You are a naughty girl. I like that about you. It looks like she's thinking "WTF is that thing?" and he's trying to explain the concept of a suspension bridge. But I don't understand why you don't see their desire for each other shining through. Especially if you've seen the behind the scenes photos of what happened next. LOL
                  sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Good morning Sparkies!!

Two more days!!! *bounces around*

What else is happening?
                    Eh, not much at the moment. Still trying to wake up.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                    "can of worms"? I missed something.

Erin: I'm trying to choose one of your sigs but it's too complicated.lol They are all great. I almost wanted to take the Teyla/Kanaan one but I'm sure I will have some trouble especially if I go on the Teyla thread.....

Heh! Do it anyway! You've got a right to like Teyla and Kanaan!

Guys, my friend is arriving today so I won't be around as much for the next week. I'll pop in and out occasionally when I can.
                    You won't be here while we've got people at Shore Leave with Torri, eh? Oooh, does this mean something big is going to happen? LOL!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                    It was falsely greenlit WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY back in 2009 when the show ended, almost immediately, as was the third SG-1 movie. But I think in their case they were almost positive they'd have the funding and then something fell through, halting both projects. I guess it has to be 're-greenlit'?
                    Yeah, the economic downturn and MGM's financial troubles have halted a lot of work in the features division, including the next James Bond and The Hobbit. Since both Stargate movies are, I believe, being co-produced with SyFy (since they're supposed to be run on SyFy first before heading to DVD), I'm guessing SyFy will be ponying up some of the money.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                    Nawwwww...we're pushing believability a little bit, but we're not violating canon--no more so than they did when they set up the storyline to use an alternative actress for Elizabeth in GITM. Teyla will recognize that Kate had died in the reality she changes--she's just gonna change it.
                    Convenient, that.

Spoiler:
                    They look bored. And look at how they're oh-so-careful to leave some space between each other, like they really don't want to get any closer. And then contrast that to scenes like in Tao of Rodney, where John comes around Elizabeth's desk and leans over her shoulder while she's working. Totally gets into her personal space. And neither one of them have a problem with it. As if they do it all the time. That's chemistry, folks.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Eh, not much at the moment. Still trying to wake up.

You won't be here while we've got people at Shore Leave with Torri, eh? Oooh, does this mean something big is going to happen? LOL!
                      Maybe, but in the past I've had to be out of the continental US. LOL This will be a test.

They look bored. And look at how they're oh-so-careful to leave some space between each other, like they really don't want to get any closer. And then contrast that to scenes like in Tao of Rodney, where John comes around Elizabeth's desk and leans over her shoulder while she's working. Totally gets into her personal space. And neither one of them have a problem with it. As if they do it all the time. That's chemistry, folks.
                      Oh but they are mirroring which means they're in lurve. How did you miss that? I don't know why John's not afraid someone will get the wrong idea when he leans over Elizabeth's desk. I'm sure he just did it without thinking and was sorry later when she tried to pinch his ass sexually harass him.
                      sigpic

Comment

Kris: *cries* ahhhhh *cries* Eddy and Katee *cries* and Torri......I hope you will do a report again.
                        Very interesting thing about the cap you choose. Like you said.....
                        Spoiler:
                        I don't see chemistry between Teyla and John here and it's strange when you see what happen behind the scene. They are very friends but they can't (for me) use their "behing the scene chemistry" in the show. It's not working. I don't know if Joe and Torri was close but the chemistry between them is in the show and it's the most important because we don't ship actors like some fans but characters so it's good for me.

I can see chemistry between Teyla and Kanaan. Pic. Her smile and her eyes. And she put her life and the baby life in danger when she tried to save him. This just saw how much Teyla is in love with him (or care for him if you want). And we can't say, they're not in love or he's the babysitter because we don't see him. Like I said on another thread. TPTB are not interested by Teyla so why they will write for Kanaan. What I saw between them is enough for me to believe in it.
                        Wow....I'm a Teylaan or Keyla....Give me this sig.lol
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Spoiler:

J: You know, they all wanted to see me and you f#cking like bunnies the whole series.
                          T: Well I did ... with Kanaan.
                          J: Right.
                          T: And Rodney with Jennifer, Ronon with Amelia, Carson with ...
                          J: Ok, ok, there's no need to underline the fact that I'm left alone.
                          T: There's still Zelenka ...
                          J: Now, that's creepy!
                          T: Aren't you polyamorous?
                          J: I'm WHAT?

Sorry, couldn't resist

Comment

Oh but they are mirroring which means they're in lurve. How did you miss that? I don't know why John's not afraid someone will get the wrong idea when he leans over Elizabeth's desk. I'm sure he just did it without thinking and was sorry later when she tried to pinch his ass sexually harass him.
                            Hey, you're forgetting facial expressions. I'm gonna pull Lie to me here and say Teyla is rolling her eyes at whatever he's saying which undoubtedly means she finds him terminally boring, maybe even arrogant. LOL.
                            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                              Spoiler:

J: You know, they all wanted to see me and you f#cking like bunnies the whole series.
                              T: Well I did ... with Kanaan.
                              J: Right.
                              T: And Rodney with Jennifer, Ronon with Amelia, Carson with ...
                              J: Ok, ok, there's no need to underline the fact that I'm left alone.
                              T: There's still Zelenka ...
                              J: Now, that's creepy!
                              T: Aren't you polyamorous?
                              J: I'm WHAT?

Sorry, couldn't resist
                              LAMAOOOOOO!!!! That was AWESOME!!!!

Comment

Will someone tell me, nicely, what can of worms are you talking about?

Also! Say smut! Five times John and Elizabeth shared a bed, by muses_mistress. Very nicely done

Comment

Working...
                                X