No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pkprd869, that story about watching the White Sox game on the mini TV is too funny! And y'know, I can totally see John doing that. So who would the second guy be? Mitchell? Lorne?
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
      You mean like Lizzie holding a candy cane in super hot santa-lingerie standing under mistletoe singing "Santa baby." !
      now that would be hot and very Cool!

Comment

Spoiler:
        1. We are officially obsessed with John/Elizabeth when someone posts a pic with ice sculpture and we all see Sparky in it.
        2. .....when I see my boss and I wonder what he would think if I give him a hug.
        3. when every new song I hear turns into a Sparky fanmix in my head...
        4. When I look in a catalog at this year's collection of UGG boots and imagine John getting Elizabeth a pair of them for Christmas...
        5. When your XBOX gamer tag is Sparky4evr...
        6. When upon receiving your free copy of SIMS3, your first thought is "Oh, I can make Elizabeth and John and make them fall in love, get married and make Sparky bebbies!"
        7. When you write oodles of fanfiction fixing the mess on the show so that you can get John and Elizabeth together.
        8. When 98.9% of your sketchbook is filled with drawings of either Sparky or their kids.
        9. When you buy the John and Elizabeth action figures just to put them in... 'compromising positions.'
        10. When the majority of your conversations with your friends inevitably mention Sparky in some form or another
        11. When you look on various websites for mixed drinks for a "Sparky" cocktail. And find one.
        12. when you see the words sparky or John and Elizabeth in the same sentence.
        13. When you are reading a book about firetrucks to your kids and can't help but grin like an idiot when you read that the fire dog's name is...yup...you guessed it...SPARKY!
        14. When you name one of your hair colour mixes "Sparky Red".
        15. When your computer is a veritable shrine to Sparky: wallpaper, folders full of pics, artwork, more wallpapers, fanfics...
        16. When you drive by the local marina and giggle knowingly at a yacht named 'Sparky.'
        17. When you've worked out the only difference between your ex-principle and Elizabeth is that your principle doesn't have a Sedge, and you try to work out who John is.
        18. All of your favorite songs end up in your sparky fanfics, either as titles or quotes.
        19. When you read other couples fanfiction and substitute John and Liz to see if it would work.
        20. You read the Sparky Thread in the mornings instead of the news paper.
        21. You print out Sparky fanfiction so you can read it away from your computer.
        22. When this morning, you receive a call of Elizabeth from Atlantis and you can't stop smiling and imagine that there is maybe a John with her. But it was not the real Atlantis but just a name of a company and Elizabeth was the customer. (This is the second time this has happened)
        23. You see a carnival with a ferris wheel and you immediately think of John taking Elizabeth for a ride.
        24. Whenever you hear something else named Atlantis (Space Shuttles, Space Stations, ships, hotels, mythology) and you immediately make John & Elizabeth a part of the story.
        25. When every time you see a couple with UST in another show, you think that Joe and Torri could do it better.
        26. When asked what you would ask for if someone gave you a present and money wasn't an object, you immediately think of buying the rights to the franchise and making a movie so John and Elizabeth could get together.
        27. You wished you could've been at the Fourth of July parade where David Hewlett and his wife cosplayed as John and Elizabeth to see them in person.
        28. Red and black become your new favorite colors.
        29. While watching your most favorite Christmas movie of all time, you can't help but wanna see John and Elizabeth in the big, romantic dance scene instead of the actual characters
        30. You see kids playing with a dog that looks like Sedge and wonder if the kids are John and Elizabeth's.
        31. you see a copy of war and peace and you wonder if john has a picture of elizabeth in it. or they read it together and wrote notes on the side to discuss the current chapter they are one.
        32. Every time Joe or Torri guest stars in something other than SGA, you keep hoping to hear their characters give a closet Sparky mention.
        33....at night when you "daydream" about potential Sparky fic ideas as you drift off to sleep....hoping for good sparky dreams..
        34......when you have Sparky dreams more than 1 night a week....
        35. When you're secretly pleased by the fact that your hair color is caught somewhere in the middle between John and Elizabeth's.
        36. When you write Sparky fanfic anywhere, even in a doctor's waiting room.
        37. When while buying your Christmas tree you wonder if John and Elizabeth would have a live or artificial one and picture them arguing about it.
        38. When you're at a spin class, doing sprints, look down, see your seat is on the "E" setting and wonder "I wonder if John and/or Elizabeth would do this to keep in shape?"
        39. when you see a couple of young kids and the girl gives the boy a hug and the boy is shocked and you wonder if john and elizabeth did that if they ever met as kids.
        40. When you keep thinking about John and Elizabeth's favorite foods and you get the idea of doing an Atlantis cookbook. true story
        41. When you have a plan to break your tv (without your parents suspect you, of course) just to see eyes/sex in good quality
        42. When the first thing you think of when your TV dies is how much better Sparky will look on a new one.
        43. When the first thing you watch on your new HDTV is one of your favorite Sparky episodes.
        44. When you draw pictures of yourself with John and Elizabeth, just cause you love them so much.
        45. When watching the ep "Home", after Elizabeth says something's not 'right' after Simon kisses her, you literally yell at the TV "That's because he's not John!"
        46. You get a tattoo and wonder if John or Elizabeth has one.
        47. You see a pendant that looks kinda-sorta like a stargate, and you think it would make a great present for John to give to Elizabeth.
        48. You see a messy haired baby and think of Sparky babiez.
        49. You begin thinking up new ideas to do 'manips' using them
        50. You hear a song on the radio, and wonder if it would go well with a Sparky vid
        51. You wonder if Elizabeth and John would go clothes shopping together and what kind of goofy fun they could get into
        52. Seeing an ad for Christmas pajamas with candy canes on them makes you think about Sparky and gives you a smutty plot bunny.

Upon getting a Wii for Christmas you and your hubby look at each other and say, at the same time, "We can make John and Elizabeth Mii's" (I think I've turned him into a Sparky too! ) (oh and he named the Wii "Weir" )
        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
        sigpic

Comment

SR like the song says, "All the folks on Rocky Top get their corn from a jar." Fionnait That reminds me of a funny story when I went clothes shopping with the gf in college. I bought this little hand sized TV and was watching it in between her trying stuff on. This other dude was in sitting there in the same boat so we started watching the White Sox game. We got in trouble when the Sox hit a home run andwe cheered out loud and high fived each other.
          Yep, and some of my dad's cousins ran 'shine down in NC. And I'm willing to bet half the folks here don't know what we're talking about.

Love the story. I can so see John doing that.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Yep, and some of my dad's cousins ran 'shine down in NC. And I'm willing to bet half the folks here don't know what we're talking about.

Love the story. I can so see John doing that.
            Correct, but that's okay, go for it. It's nice to see chicks talking sport, and knowing what they are talking about. I could talk rugby (I'm no great expert on it) instead, but no doubt that would be pointless. Or curling (the sport, nothing to do with hair).
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
              It was the focal point for me I didn't like some of S3 that much (some of S2 even), but Sparky kept me watching. (Just to get this straight, I didn't dislike S2 or 3 per se, but it didn't blow me away either).
              I suppose it was the focal point for me too, less so in s1 as the stories were better. S3 was a bit of a flub otherwise, but the sparkage more than made up for it

He's a guy... He would moan about for half an hour until she would finally park him in the toys/electronics department to get the shopping done... That, or they'd end up in the underwear department. Although, from my shopping experience in America I doubt that, 'cause my bf got actually thrown out of a store for loitering around near the women's changing room *lol* How else is he supposed to tell me if what I try on looks good?
              more rant
              Spoiler:
              He's been really careful since. So much that I have to come out of the changing room area even when the shop assistants tell him that it's okay to go in. In Germany they don't really mind...
              That wouldn't happen here. Unless one was hanging around the kids changing rooms, in which case they would get beaten, not asked to leave. I'm sure there's a fic out there somewhere with John waiting on Elizabeth getting changed.....
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                Upon getting a Wii for Christmas you and your hubby look at each other and say, at the same time, "We can make John and Elizabeth Mii's" (I think I've turned him into a Sparky too! ) (oh and he named the Wii "Weir" )
                Ahahaha! Yay, Mr. drew has been converted!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                  Lets hope that you treat your Weir well and don't replace her with a Playstation after 3 years! :d

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                  I suppose it was the focal point for me too, less so in s1 as the stories were better. S3 was a bit of a flub otherwise, but the sparkage more than made up for it
                  It sure did.

Hair OT
                  Spoiler:
                  I'm so excited about going to work with my red/green christmas hair

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Just dropping of a link to a short fic just out...it's cute.
                    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579421/1/At_a_Loss

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
                    I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
                    Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Ahahaha! Yay, Mr. drew has been converted!
                      He'll deny it til he's blue in the face but yep...he's converted!

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
                      Lets hope that you treat your Weir well and don't replace her with a Playstation after 3 years! :d

It sure did.

Hair OT
                      Spoiler:
                      I'm so excited about going to work with my red/green christmas hair
                      No worries....there will be no replacing of the Wii named Weir!

Spoiler:
                      I love that you have red/green christmas hair! that's so cool! LOL
                      My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                        Correct, but that's okay, go for it. It's nice to see chicks talking sport, and knowing what they are talking about. I could talk rugby (I'm no great expert on it) instead, but no doubt that would be pointless. Or curling (the sport, nothing to do with hair).
                        I love you for calling me a chick. Nobody's done that in a number of years. Thanks.

But I think we have a little cultural misunderstanding. Running 'shine is not a sport. In certain Southern states, particularly back a few decades when the making of illegal whiskey was common, guys used fast cars to elude the police and deliver their "product" to the customers. In fact this was the very beginnings of Nascar racing. It was called "running 'shine" (short for moonshine). But come to think of it, it did at times turn into a sort of sport. This song Thunder Road is from an old Robert Mitchum movie that tells the tale perfectly.

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
                        Just dropping of a link to a short fic just out...it's cute.
                        http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579421/1/At_a_Loss
                        That was perfect.
                        sigpic

Comment

SR I got yelled at by my lit prof for using the word "chicks". I wasn't being derogatory about it, I just said something like, "The chicks we read were really good." Well, she didn't shout but scolded, but being the typical male I had to egg her on. So I said, "Not like I called you a skirt." She just gave me a dirty look and continued with discussion.

Random OT
                          Spoiler:
                          I starting to look at houses, I've been advised that three bed and two bath is ideal for starting out because it's very marketable in the future. I agree with three bed, but would 1.5 or 1.75 bath be ok?
                          "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

SR I got yelled at by my lit prof for using the word "chicks". I wasn't being derogatory about it, I just said something like, "The chicks we read were really good." Well, she didn't shout but scolded, but being the typical male I had to egg her on. So I said, "Not like I called you a skirt." She just gave me a dirty look and continued with discussion.

Random OT
                            Spoiler:
                            I starting to look at houses, I've been advised that three bed and two bath is ideal for starting out because it's very marketable in the future. I agree with three bed, but would 1.5 or 1.75 bath be ok?
                            Most female lit profs are ultra-feminists so I'm not surprised. Now me, I was a feminist in the true sense of the word before it was cool, but I'm not into political correctness.

OT

Spoiler:
                            With 3 BR, I'd go with nothing less than 2 baths. I don't know what 1.75 would be. ??? But you need at least 2 places for people to take a bath if you have guests or plan to keep it after having kids. My parents only had one bath and regretted it forever.
                            sigpic

Comment

SR you sound like me...political correctness is just hokey imo...

pkprd
                              Spoiler:
                              I grew up with two younger sisters and one bathroom...and I don't care what the Brady Bunch made us all think, one bathroom simply is not enough with three girls in the house! Go for 2 full baths!
                              sigpic

Comment

And in the midst of all the holiday merriment I found time to do this. It's based on the song Hard Candy Christmas by Dolly Parton which is from The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. Leave it to me to do a woobie Christmas wallie.

Spoiler:
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X