Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep on smiling!

mrscopterdoc's out of town so I'm dropping by instead. BOO!

Head's up! Challenge #78 was given an extension so you have been given another week to show of them pretty smiles!

[cue message from the Challenge Queen]

Challenge #78.....extended

I am going to be out of town for the day, so a huge Thank You to Falcon Horus for posting the challenge this week for me!

I only received one entry so I am going to extend the challenge for a week.

This week's challenge is all the Smile. Feature smiles or smiling in your fan fic and art.

Entries due to copter by noon your time Monday June 22nd.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Angst. That means the season four finale episodes, right?
          sigpic
          Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
            Angst. That means the season four finale episodes, right?
            Heck, it's all of Seasons 4 and 5.

Comment

I meant for shippy episodes.
              sigpic

Comment

Well you could look at any episode that highlights John's darker attitude as being sort of a consequence even if the episodes aren't about her anymore.

Remnants is the best example, even though any explicit reference to Elizabeth was apparently cut.
                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Would The Storm/ The Eye count? I want to watch it again.
                  sigpic

Comment

Would The Storm/ The Eye count? I want to watch it again.
                    Yay! We are actually talking about Sparky.

As for angst, I think their whole relationship just defines angst. TS/TE is one of the best examples IMHO, especially with his reaction to thinking she was dead. Even back to 38 Minutes you get her having an extreme reaction to thinking he was a goner, not to mention how he tried to tell her something and she wouldn't let him. I agree with those who say it was too early in their relationship for this to be anything shippy, but after we all got to know how reluctant John always was to express any kind of personal feelings, the fact that he wanted to say a few last words in front of everyone was phenomenal.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday! (though I'd say the cotton candy machine has broken down again...LOL)

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      Yay! We are actually talking about Sparky.

As for angst, I think their whole relationship just defines angst. TS/TE is one of the best examples IMHO, especially with his reaction to thinking she was dead. Even back to 38 Minutes you get her having an extreme reaction to thinking he was a goner, not to mention how he tried to tell her something and she wouldn't let him. I agree with those who say it was too early in their relationship for this to be anything shippy, but after we all got to know how reluctant John always was to express any kind of personal feelings, the fact that he wanted to say a few last words in front of everyone was phenomenal.
                      I couldn't have said this better myself. Unrequited feelings (or at least, in their case, feelings that they probably have guessed they have but just won't talk about it) are an angst magnet.

Comment

Angst, of the psychological kind, I loves it!
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I just watched Thirty-Eight Minutes again. John seems to want to say something to Elizabeth specifically. Even if others are listening.
                          sigpic

Comment

I just watched Thirty-Eight Minutes again. John seems to want to say something to Elizabeth specifically. Even if others are listening.
                            *nods* A lot of us believe that at the very least, John wanted to thank Elizabeth for giving him that second chance no one else wanted to give him, when she offered him a spot on the expedition.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              *nods* A lot of us believe that at the very least, John wanted to thank Elizabeth for giving him that second chance no one else wanted to give him, when she offered him a spot on the expedition.
                              *nods in agreement* Sing it, sister.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

That is a good point about angst and it's importance to their relationship. Maybe "Angst" and "Screw the Angst" deserve separate days.
                                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                                X