No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's not an actual sneak peek, is it? I mean, that's ... no... really?

It reads like the beginning of juvenile fanfic... teen-fic or something that I would possibly classify as bad. Something written by a 12-year old for school.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Challenge #36 Entries

raduzhok

Link (for size)

Blencathra

RodneyIsGodney

mrscopterdoc

JadedWraith

FanGirl

link for size

taris-eirien

Everlovin

dragongirl

sigpic

Comment

Wow, some really cool stuff there!

Comment

Challenge #37

I just want to say a huge Thank You to dragongirl for running the last challenge for me....I got 2 weeks off since she extended it and that was awesome!

This week, we're going to move out of our comfort zone yet again. Make art for a TV show or movie that you have never seen. Why is this uncomfortable? Well, we all have reasons for not watching something, like you don't like the genre or a character and now you have to deliberately look for pics for it and make art with it! We like making art about things we like or love, and this time, we don't get to do that.

entries due to me Monday noon your time July 7th.
          sigpic

Comment

There was so much really lovely artwork there. Thanks for posting, copter!!

Maybe someday my art muse will return... but I'm not hopeful. It's been MIA for like 2 years now.

My office is so empty. Seems like everyone's taking vaca. So I'm listening to Les Miserables on my phone. "On my own......." Gotta stop myself from belting it out.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            In my case, there's shipping and then there's shipping. Sparky is the only ship I have ever actively been involved in and thought about after the show was over. I can go all the way back to before most of you were born and name couples I shipped, but I never really got serious about any of them.

Didn't Charisma Carpenter have a baby during Angel? That may have affected the story just like Rachel's pregnancy on SGA.
            Yes I think so. I wasn't involved with that fandom at all so I had no idea any of that was coming. What they did with the Cordy/baby thing was even worse than how they handled Teyla's/Rachel's pregnancy. It was one of those where I wondered what on earth they were smoking.

The only fandoms I've been active in are Sparky and Everlark (that's Peeta Mellark and Katniss Everdeen) from Hunger Games. Although I read other ships in that fandom on a regular basis, whereas I rarely read other ships for SGA.

ITA. Nothing that's said about how happy they are to bring Elizabeth back or how much fun she was to write will ever convince me they actually like her after the way she was written in certain fan fics. It may just be a good excuse to trash Sparky by trying to convince readers they didn't like each other or that he felt uncomfortable around her.

We posted at the same time. LOL

Oh, I see now. How much do you bet that John will go off looking for the Vanir and won't even see Elizabeth? Or if they meet, it will never be alone and will be very formal and stiff. Plus, I'm still betting that there will be a "touching" scene when she tells John and Teyla how happy she is for them. Bet on it.
            I don't doubt that at all. Ugh. I really wanted that person to leave my Lizzeh the heck alone. She's suffered enough. Not that I'm going to read it. But still.

Okay, is it just me or is John out of character here?
            Spoiler:
            He never ever called Sam by her first name. In addition, she is his superior officer. If they had a close friendship, they would have used first names when out of uniform, but he would not be emailing her in such a way. Aside from all that, this sounds about as much like John as the rest of her fanfic.

Though, I will say, even when written by Sparky-hating hacks, any story featuring them just takes on a Sparky tone no matter how badly written it is.
            Yeah that's OOC. Of course it was OOC on the show when Sam kept calling John by his first name.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            That's not an actual sneak peek, is it? I mean, that's ... no... really?

It reads like the beginning of juvenile fanfic... teen-fic or something that I would possibly classify as bad. Something written by a 12-year old for school.

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something here but why does he need to ask Sam if there is any chance Weir is alive? Can't he go back through the gate and check if she's still there?
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                Maybe I'm missing something here but why does he need to ask Sam if there is any chance Weir is alive? Can't he go back through the gate and check if she's still there?
                And why Sam? She's not connected with Atlantis any more. Isn't she busy? Have they conveniently left out Franibeth? Oh heck, I really don't care. Nobody is reading that crap except a few Wraith fans anyway.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*pops in and wipes paint on sweatpants*

Trying to finish the edging in the kitchen painting project that has lasted for three months way too long. Listening to some albums, hoping they'll spark something. (pun totally intended )

So far nothing. And edging is a five letter word that sounds like witch.

Awesome art! I tried to come up with something but art!bunnies weren't cooperating on that matter. Maybe this week.

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                    This week, we're going to move out of our comfort zone yet again. Make art for a TV show or movie that you have never seen.
                    Now that could get interesting...

Good thing, there's plenty of stuff out there I've never seen.

Comment

Now that could get interesting...

Good thing, there's plenty of stuff out there I've never seen.
                      I know, right? me too!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                        Occasionally I think about bringing up my other favorites pairings in a discussion about them, but then I remember most people here are like professional shippers or something and have probably a giant list of other favorite ships.

Amateurs like me only have 2 or 3.
                        Count me among the amateurs.

*bans those books & authors from the fandom*

They are only happening in an alternate universe anyway...
                        Best explination I've heard so far.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

That is some great artwork from the challenge! Kudos to everyone!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                          Count me among the amateurs.
                          Come to think of it, I guess I'm an amateur in that arena as well. Most of the time when I see ship in media, I'm like, 'okay, cool.' I'm predominantly a canonist, so I usually go with whatever is in canon, but I don't flail and squee over every little thing. But there's those couple of ships...
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Another busy busy day, it seems!
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Another busy busy day, it seems!
                              I actually spent most of the day playing video games. And going over my budget for the summer, which has led me to the conclusion that I am getting a summer job. :/

Comment

I've been trying not to be bored out of my skull... and then finished a project I should have finished more than a week ago. And now onwards to the dishes... maybe...

Comment

Working...
                                X