Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Next time I see it, will be on DVD cause I find going to the cinema a bit expensive - hence why I'm not going as much as I used to. And thus missing out on a lot of good films.
    I hear you. Expensive, noisy, inconvenient, either too cold or too hot...I could go on. We have a new theater nearish to us with huge reclining seats and big wide aisles...oh, and a bar in the lobby ... but they never seem to get the movies we want to see.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I hear you. Expensive, noisy, inconvenient, either too cold or too hot...I could go on. We have a new theater nearish to us with huge reclining seats and big wide aisles...oh, and a bar in the lobby ... but they never seem to get the movies we want to see.
      Definitely. The prices at this theater are probably about as reasonable as they can be, wasn't too loud and they didn't go overboard with the trailers...in fact, they only showed the two trailers that came bundled with the film (Fantastic Four and Ant-Man). It's an old building, so while they have AC, it's not the hardcore HVAC, but the seats are on a slight rise and they've got cup holders. Very basic on the refreshments. Looking forward to seeing what the one-screen theater on my island offers; they get first-run movies too, but since it's only one screen, it may be at least a month before they actually get Avengers in. I wasn't about to wait that long.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        ...they only showed the two trailers that came bundled with the film (Fantastic Four and Ant-Man).
        Star Wars: The Force Awakens & Ant-Man.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Star Wars: The Force Awakens & Ant-Man.
          Awesome!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Comment

Challenge #73

"April showers bring May flowers"

copter

raduzhok

Libero

please click for bigger

slizzie1986

RodneyisGodney

Blencathra
              Once again two pics pretending to be one.
              Inspector George Gently

sigpic

Comment

Challenge #74

This week, in celebration of the release of the movie "The Avengers" which has swept the planet, the challenge is 'Comic Book'.

Now, if you are like me, and are not crazed over the Avengers [no stone throwing please!] there are many comics to choose from. You can go back as far as 1842 when the first comic came out. The popular ones today mostly came out between 1930-1940. There are many to choose from, here is a just a tiny sampling: Fight Club, Doctor Who, Archie, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Casper the Ghost, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, X-Men, Avengers, Iron Man, Hulk, Spider-Man, Gaurdians of the Galaxy, Black Panther, Howard the Duck, Spiderman, Big Hero 6, the Crow, Green Hornet, Green Lantern, Red Lantern, Violet (or Star Sapphire) Lantern, Black Lantern, Aquaman, Ant-Man, Martian Man Hunter, Captian America, Avatar the Last Airbender, My Little Pony etc.

Feel free to make as many as you want, and you can put entrie groups in your art and fan fic if you like.

Have fun!

Entries due to me by noon your time, Monday May 11th.
                sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Comment

I saw Age of Ultron yesterday. It was pretty good. I noticed they seemed to make a point of trying to make up for the Hawkeye deficit in the first movie. I did like this new version of Ultron, but I was hoping he'd be a little more physically imposing on the Avengers than he was. A villain who could throw down with them was definitely missing from the first movie.
                    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Remember that 1. I am old and 2. I admit to having a slight shoe problem. Just as you don't understand how I can have so many, I don't understand all you people who survive with so few. One day when I'm bored, I'll do a total count. Maybe. But I can say that I know someone half my age who has many more than I do. It's an epidemic.
                      Yeah I don't think it's an age thing. I know women my own age or younger that are obsessed with shoes. I think it's that general range between Legally Blonde with the hair, the perfect makeup, nails, clothes, shoes, etc. and then to the other side..... I can't think of a good example except for me. Never wears makeup, doesn't even blow dry her hair.

But the differences in us make life interesting. Like there are some rare occasions I might get all dressed up, I'm sure there's days where you might cherish looking like a shlump.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      They didn't include the cable? Weird, my Blu-ray player came with all the cables. Maybe it depends on the manufacturer.
                      Bunch of cheap-o's!!

I probably won't see the new Avengers movie until it comes out on DVD. Go ahead and gasp in shock.

Oh, and I see I'm Lando Calrissian. I think I need some Colt 45 Malt Liquor.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                        I saw Age of Ultron yesterday. It was pretty good. I noticed they seemed to make a point of trying to make up for the Hawkeye deficit in the first movie. I did like this new version of Ultron, but I was hoping he'd be a little more physically imposing on the Avengers than he was. A villain who could throw down with them was definitely missing from the first movie.
                        Yeah, I guess when you've got a whole team of superheroes, one primary villain isn't enough and you need an army to keep them distracted and extend the fights.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                        Yeah I don't think it's an age thing. I know women my own age or younger that are obsessed with shoes. I think it's that general range between Legally Blonde with the hair, the perfect makeup, nails, clothes, shoes, etc. and then to the other side..... I can't think of a good example except for me. Never wears makeup, doesn't even blow dry her hair.

But the differences in us make life interesting. Like there are some rare occasions I might get all dressed up, I'm sure there's days where you might cherish looking like a shlump.
                        For me, I'm usually comfortable in a t-shirt and jeans (or yoga pants when I'm at home). No makeup (except the occasional lip gloss and nail polish), and I let my hair air dry too. That's actually better for hair than hitting it with heat all the time, anyway.

I probably won't see the new Avengers movie until it comes out on DVD. Go ahead and gasp in shock.

Oh, and I see I'm Lando Calrissian. I think I need some Colt 45 Malt Liquor.
                        OMG.

As for me, I'm Luke Skywalker and I'm here to rescue you.

Comment

I don't blow dry my hair either, for the simple reason that should I attempt it, it will look all ... well... kinda like this...

Spoiler:
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

I don't blow dry my hair either, for the simple reason that should I attempt it, it will look all ... well... kinda like this...

Spoiler:
                            Now that's fluffy!

Comment

I look like a slump any time I'm at home, and I might even be barefoot.

Anyway, we're back from talking to builders and full of new questions, but I do like the house plan with the his and hers walk-in closets. First time building a house, and boy do they nickel and dime you to death. What do you mean, do I want trim around the windows, and what did you say that will cost me? I also learned that because we are building on top of a mountain, we will need an auxiliary water pump. It's not even that big of a mountain.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

I look like a slump any time I'm at home, and I might even be barefoot.

Anyway, we're back from talking to builders and full of new questions, but I do like the house plan with the his and hers walk-in closets. First time building a house, and boy do they nickel and dime you to death. What do you mean, do I want trim around the windows, and what did you say that will cost me? I also learned that because we are building on top of a mountain, we will need an auxiliary water pump. It's not even that big of a mountain.
                                Ohhh yeah, the nickel and diming. Already went through that with our previous house (higher-end builder tract homes, so we had customization options including room layouts). We ended up doing some things like trim ourselves (and frankly, it was much nicer than if we'd gotten it from them), but this time we're letting the architect and contractors do it. Otherwise it'll take another 17 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X