X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      I did mine in early February when I got my W2. I love having everything online -- makes it so much easier! Although I flubbed up a couple years ago with my taxes and now owe $800. Whoops.
      Actually, I prefer paying at the end of the year - that way, I'm not making the government an interest-free loan all year. When you have too much withheld, and you get the refund, you don't get the interest that they've been accumulating or that you COULD have been accumulating all year. I paid $720 this year with my return.
      sigpic

Comment

Happy Easter to all who celebrate.
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Hola, amigos! Sorry I wasn't on today, work kept getting in the way.

I will be on field trips for the next two days, we are off Friday, and then Testing Season begins. Which means, if I'm allowed to bring my laptop with me into the testing room, it should be very productive for me.

And nice to see you around these parts again, america126. We all know too well how chaotic RL can be.
          Thanks!

That is SO True!

Comment

Morning! As it turns out, my student is not at school today but instead of leaving early (and using valuable personal time), my boss told me to "hide out in the office with your laptop". So hee hee.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            Actually, I prefer paying at the end of the year - that way, I'm not making the government an interest-free loan all year. When you have too much withheld, and you get the refund, you don't get the interest that they've been accumulating or that you COULD have been accumulating all year. I paid $720 this year with my return.
            I usually end up only getting a refund and not having to pay back anything. But my problem was that I entered the wrong gross amount on my taxes. On the plus side, I put it on my Discover card so I'll get Cashback Bonus and can use it to pay for part of it. Or splurge on Amazon. Haven't decided yet.

Finishing up some work on an old SG-1 fic that was in dire need of a revision, and then we'll see what happens afterwards.

Comment

I may be posting my sequel to my big Sparky story soon!
              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Challenge #28 {Easter}

raduzhok

this one has a hidden easter egg in it

RodneyisGodney

this one has hidden easter egss in it, but I don't know how many...

Hope everyone had a Happy Easter!
                sigpic

Comment

Challenge #29

This week I want to go back to something more fun, I think with Easter so many of us were out of town or with family or just busy. Dragongirl's challenge back in challenge #26 was a lot of fun, so I want to tweak her idea, thanks to bailey1ak. She had a great idea for this challenge.

Make a visual representation of any Stargate episode {SG1, SGA or SGU or any of the movies}
                  But you cannot use any SG related caps or words in your art. So for example the SGA episode "Rising" you might show some bread dough rising. When you send me your art, please include the title of the episode in your PM.
                  If you need a list of all the episodes check here.

If you want more of a challenge or that one stumps you, do a little spring cleaning. Go back through all the challenges and do one that you missed. {look here for a list}

entries due to me Monday April 28th by noon your time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Survey time!
                  Please take a few minutes to copy and paste and answer these 5 questions into a PM to me please. Thanks!

1. What would you like to learn more about in your art? [coloring, filters, etc]

2. What challenges do you like best? [fun ones, ones where you learn something new, list specific challenges you loved if you have them]

3. What challenges do you dislike?

4. Do you visit any other threads on GW where the art challenge is not posted? If so, do you think they might like to join us?

5. Would you ever want to host the challenge for me one week?
                  sigpic

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday! So, did'ja miss me?

WonderCon was awesome and I had a blast! WiFi was a bit spotty at times in the convention center, but you can check out all my tweets.
                    Spoiler:
                    The highlight for me this year was camping out in the Arena all of Saturday to check out the movie previews. The new Godzilla looks AWESOME, Secret Service with Colin Firth looks like it's going to be an epic comedy riot, and I am very intrigued by Maze Runner. Tom Cruise has got yet another weird sci-fi movie coming out, and I will bet you anything people will be going to see it for Bill Paxton (who yes, did salute the audience with a 'Hail HYDRA!' ).

So, that was my weekend. How are all of you doing today?

Morning! As it turns out, my student is not at school today but instead of leaving early (and using valuable personal time), my boss told me to "hide out in the office with your laptop". So hee hee.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

WonderCon was awesome and I had a blast! WiFi was a bit spotty at times in the convention center, but you can check out all my tweets.
                      Spoiler:
                      The highlight for me this year was camping out in the Arena all of Saturday to check out the movie previews. The new Godzilla looks AWESOME, Secret Service with Colin Firth looks like it's going to be an epic comedy riot, and I am very intrigued by Maze Runner. Tom Cruise has got yet another weird sci-fi movie coming out, and I will bet you anything people will be going to see it for Bill Paxton (who yes, did salute the audience with a 'Hail HYDRA!' ).

Oh what fun! I'm sure some people probably wanted to heckle Bill Paxton.

Doing good! Had a light day today, but from here on out, every day is some kind of test, whether it's FCAT or EOC or chapter tests. Dear God. But on the plus side, the schedule for the next two days gives me a first period that is almost two hours long, and it's the period that I'm in the library, doing nothing because my student's class is online. Yay me. *huggles the MacBook Pro*

So I may *knock on wood* actually get something Sparky done in the next few days.

EDIT: Just noticed my reputation is now "I'm the commander of SG-1!" Yippee! I'm Jack! Or Sam! Or Cam! Wait ...

Comment

Spoiler:

Glad you had fun. It looked like a mob scene. I've always loved Bill Paxton back to…what was that stupid movie with Arnold and Jamie Lee Custis…stupid brain……..too tired to try to remember.

So, to explain some of the brain fog, Mr. SR is having his second surgery today to fix a complication from the first surgery. More prayers and good thoughts would be appreciated. It's been a long month. I'll report back tomorrow if I can.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          Glad you had fun. It looked like a mob scene. I've always loved Bill Paxton back to…what was that stupid movie with Arnold and Jamie Lee Custis…stupid brain……..too tired to try to remember.

So, to explain some of the brain fog, Mr. SR is having his second surgery today to fix a complication from the first surgery. More prayers and good thoughts would be appreciated. It's been a long month. I'll report back tomorrow if I can.
                          Oh yikes. *massive hugs* Will be keeping you in my thoughts. Hope everything goes well.

Comment

Oh man that sucks! Poor Mr. SR. And poor you too. I hope everything goes smoothly this time.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Oh what fun! I'm sure some people probably wanted to heckle Bill Paxton.
                              Oh, he was just eating it up! He was really having fun with the audience. Good times.

Doing good! Had a light day today, but from here on out, every day is some kind of test, whether it's FCAT or EOC or chapter tests. Dear God. But on the plus side, the schedule for the next two days gives me a first period that is almost two hours long, and it's the period that I'm in the library, doing nothing because my student's class is online. Yay me. *huggles the MacBook Pro*

So I may *knock on wood* actually get something Sparky done in the next few days.

EDIT: Just noticed my reputation is now "I'm the commander of SG-1!" Yippee! I'm Jack! Or Sam! Or Cam! Wait ...
                              Sweet to all of that! Long breaks, fic, and awesome reputation are happy things!

True Lies? That one and quite a few other films he did got name dropped during the panel, either by him or by audience members during the Q&A.

Yikes! Hope it goes well, I'll be thinking of you both. *hugs you*
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Absolutely. Prayers your way.

Spoiler:

Sounds cool! I'm in the middle of job hunting. Or more like job hunt preparing.

I love Bill Paxton. Wondercon sounded really cool!
                                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Working...
                                X