Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Some pictures from Tumblr to make Southern Red get all hot and bothered.

Spoiler:

[snipped]

Even my signature fits the post.
    She's not the only one ... *fans self*

I needed that. It's 50 degrees here this morning.

Comment

Some pictures from Tumblr to make Southern Red get all hot and bothered.

Spoiler:

Even my signature fits the post.
      Thanks for those. I needed another hot flash. It was 85 here on Sunday, and we had sleet last night. Today will only get into the 50s. Weird, but that's spring for you.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

So anybody want a funny story?

Spoiler:
        My student was tentatively going on two field trips over the next two days with some students in her art class. The teacher put me down as a chaperone, although I'm technically not allowed to because of a) being assigned to one particular student and b) not being preapproved in the school's volunteer registry to accompany groups on field trips as a chaperone.

Well, my student came to school this morning and told me that she had decided not to go on either. I told the teacher, who then gets mad at me and my student for "leaving her in a bind" and hangs up on me. And since I wasn't planning on being here today, I don't have lunch. Which means I have to go home and get it and that cuts into my half hour lunch.

The only thing that could make this worse is an unscheduled fire drill.

[/rant]

Now back to your regularly scheduled shipping.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

*hugs ShipperWriter* Ugh, work shenanigans are the worst of the cray cray.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

*hugs ShipperWriter* Ugh, work shenanigans are the worst of the cray cray.
            Oh, and it got better:
            Spoiler:
            She started bad mouthing my student on the field trip. However, the student that she was talking to is friends with my student so I found out. I just can't believe that a teacher would act like that. *shakes head*

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
              Oh, and it got better:
              Spoiler:
              She started bad mouthing my student on the field trip. However, the student that she was talking to is friends with my student so I found out. I just can't believe that a teacher would act like that. *shakes head*
              I don't believe that a teacher would be that unprofessional either. But these days, nothing much surprises me.
              sigpic

Comment

Present.

Spoiler:
                "Colonel! Do you have a minute?"

John Sheppard repressed a groan as he came to halt in the control room, then turned towards Elizabeth's office.

She sat behind her desk, arms folded on the surface as she stared at him. "May I ask why you elected to postpone all off world missions for today?"

"Yes," he replied, hands folded behind his back, his posture similar to parade rest.

She raised an eyebrow expectantly at him. "I would like an answer, too."

His body relaxed and he shoved his hands in his pockets. "Oh. Well then. I have a question for you. Do you know what today is?"

"It's the 13th. John, don't tell me that you're actually giving everyone the day off for Friday the 13th?"

"No. That's just a ironic coincidence." He took a seat in front of her and she groaned.

"All right then, Colonel. Explain."

"It's April 13th."

She kept quiet. Apparently, it wasn't enough info for her.

"The 15th is a Sunday."

"They're getting paid early?"

"Geez, are you from Canada or something? April 15th. Tax day. And we're in another galaxy. It might take a little longer to e-file."

"Oh. I already did my taxes," she replied, leaning forward and typing on her computer. "In fact, I've had my refund for two months now."

"Hmm. Well good," John said, quickly rising from his chair before she said anything else.

Too late.

"Are you finished with yours?"

"Uh, yeah."

She nodded, looking down at her computer. "Hmm. Looks like you've been done for a few months."

"What's that?"

"Well, according to a data stream summary from last month, you already filed your taxes."

Oh crap.

"Yeah."

"And most of the expedition personnel have as well." Elizabeth slowly looked up at him. "John, what's going on?"

He bit his lip. "Well, I forgot to file something."

"Your taxes can't be that complicated," she retorted.

He shook his head.

"Your mission reports, on the other hand..."

I'm so screwed.
                Last edited by ShipperWriter; 16 April 2014, 10:37 AM. Reason: Whoops. Forgot something.

Comment

Present.

Spoiler:

John Sheppard repressed a groan as he came to halt in the control room, then turned towards Elizabeth's office.

She sat behind her desk, arms folded on the surface as she stared at him. "May I ask why you elected to postpone all off world missions for today?"

"Yes," he replied, hands folded behind his back, his posture similar to parade rest.

His body relaxed and he shoved his hands in his pockets. "Oh. Well then. I have a question for you. Do you know what today is?"

"It's the 13th. John, don't tell me that you're actually giving everyone the day off for Friday the 13th?"

"No. That's just a ironic coincidence." He took a seat in front of her and she groaned.

"It's April 13th."

"The 15th is a Sunday."

"Geez, are you from Canada or something? April 15th. Tax day. And we're in another galaxy. It might take a little longer to e-file."

"Oh. I already did my taxes," she replied, leaning forward and typing on her computer. "In fact, I've had my refund for two months now."

"Hmm. Well good," John said, quickly rising from his chair before she said anything else.

Too late.

"Uh, yeah."

She nodded, looking down at her computer. "Hmm. Looks like you've been done for a few months."

"What's that?"

"Well, according to a data stream summary from last month, you already filed your taxes."

Oh crap.

"Yeah."

"And most of the expedition personnel have as well." Elizabeth slowly looked up at him. "John, what's going on?"

He shook his head.

I'm so screwed.
                  Cute. An ode to tax day. How American.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    Thanks for those. I needed another hot flash. It was 85 here on Sunday, and we had sleet last night. Today will only get into the 50s. Weird, but that's spring for you.
                    You're welcome. There was actually snow on the ground here in RI today. Insane.

Oh, and it got better:
                    Spoiler:
                    That's so wrong! I hope that teacher gets in trouble for that. That's really unprofessional.

Present.

Spoiler:

"It's April 13th."

"The 15th is a Sunday."

Too late.

"Uh, yeah."

"What's that?"

Oh crap.

"Yeah."

He shook his head.

I'm so screwed.
                    Hahahahaha!! Good one! I actually didn't file mine until the 13th this year. It's the latest I've ever done it in my adult life. When I was a teen and did my mom's taxes for her, she always waited and we'd be driving to our state capital to put them in the mail right before midnight. Gotta love e-file.

Comment

Oh, and it got better:
                      Spoiler:
                      Some people's children. *joins in head shaking at teacher*

Present.

Spoiler:

"It's April 13th."

"The 15th is a Sunday."

Too late.

"Uh, yeah."

"What's that?"

Oh crap.

"Yeah."

He shook his head.

I'm so screwed.
                      Too funny, SW.
                      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I've got insomnia, so here's Joe nailing it with the woobie face in GitM. He certainly added so much emotion where Elizabeth was concerned, and it was rarely written. It was mostly Joe just being awesome.

Comment

You're welcome. There was actually snow on the ground here in RI today. Insane.

That's so wrong! I hope that teacher gets in trouble for that. That's really unprofessional.
                          I already went to administration and told them about it. Depending on if it continues, we may be able to get out of her class. She's a great artist, but teaching a high school art class probably isn't the best profession for her.

Hahahahaha!! Good one! I actually didn't file mine until the 13th this year. It's the latest I've ever done it in my adult life. When I was a teen and did my mom's taxes for her, she always waited and we'd be driving to our state capital to put them in the mail right before midnight. Gotta love e-file.
                          I did mine in early February when I got my W2. I love having everything online -- makes it so much easier! Although I flubbed up a couple years ago with my taxes and now owe $800. Whoops.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                          Some people's children. *joins in head shaking at teacher*

Too funny, SW.
                          Thanks!

[IMG]http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/albums/atl_season5/505-GhostInTheMachine/screencaps/PDVD_1276.JPG[IMG]

I've got insomnia, so here's Joe nailing it with the woobie face in GitM. He certainly added so much emotion where Elizabeth was concerned, and it was rarely written. It was mostly Joe just being awesome.
                          *whimpers*

I hope you eventually got to sleep!

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Hope you're all having a Happy Fluffy Thursday!

I'll be away at WonderCon starting tomorrow through Sunday, but I'll try to pop in from time to time. Those of you on Twitter, keep an eye out for update tweets!

Gotta love e-file.
                            Yup. I filed back in February. No fuss, no muss.

I already went to administration and told them about it. Depending on if it continues, we may be able to get out of her class. She's a great artist, but teaching a high school art class probably isn't the best profession for her.
                            Sadly, that's probably true of too many teachers out there. *hugs you and sends good luck vibes for getting out of her class soon*
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Totally! I hope it works out. Kids have enough of a hard time without a teacher contributing to it.

I did mine in early February when I got my W2. I love having everything online -- makes it so much easier! Although I flubbed up a couple years ago with my taxes and now owe $800. Whoops.
                              Oopsie!!

I hope you eventually got to sleep!
                              Well, eventually. Like 3:30 am. Most people would have been knocked out for a week by the amount of (non-prescription) sleep medicine I'd taken. I still woke up at my normal 7:30. Hopefully I can go to sleep early tonight.

I'll be away at WonderCon starting tomorrow through Sunday, but I'll try to pop in from time to time. Those of you on Twitter, keep an eye out for update tweets!
                              Have fun! Looking forward to the tweets.

Comment

Thanks!
                                Sounds like it. I hope everything works out in the end.

You're welcome.

Hope you have a wonderful time at WonderCon.
                                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Working...
                                X