Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I was thinking that earlier but didn't want to be all fangirly. Especially since I've been complaining lately about a certain FB page But anyway.

That's not being fangirly. It's just admiring JoeF's body accompanied by an ungodly amount of drool, squees, and staring.

Comment

I was thinking that earlier but didn't want to be all fangirly. Especially since I've been complaining lately about a certain FB page But anyway.

Spoiler:

Oh, SR. You crack me up so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
        Jack, in "The Return" felt like the Jack I knew from SG-1, but I agree. For Daniel and Sam, they seemed much different from their original selves.

As for the Daniel episodes, I only liked them because of this:

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/.../PDVD_0163.jpg

Oh, I might need to check this episode out... for science, yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
          Oh, I might need to check this episode out... for science, yeah.
          I believe that scene is in the first few minutes of the second parter Daniel ep.

*Walks away ashamed for knowing that so easily.*

But there are plenty of things to mock in those episodes. There's Caldwell being captain of the ship in the first one, only to completely disappear in the second part. Then there's the fun of watching Jennifer's hair go from straight to curly to straight over and over. Sadly, this is what it takes to get me through those episodes without losing my sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            I believe that scene is in the first few minutes of the second parter Daniel ep.

But there are plenty of things to mock in those episodes. There's Caldwell being captain of the ship in the first one, only to completely disappear in the second part. Then there's the fun of watching Jennifer's hair go from straight to curly to straight over and over. Sadly, this is what it takes to get me through those episodes without losing my sanity.
            My God, that was annoying! I had downloaded promo pics and I was like, "Are these from the same episode?" Oh well. It was probably from the humidity.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

My God, that was annoying! I had downloaded promo pics and I was like, "Are these from the same episode?" Oh well. It was probably from the humidity.
                Humidity on a space ship?

Comment

Hey. It could happen.

*dies laughing*

Comment

Love it, love it, love it!

Comment

I know I'm a hypocrite, but somehow the FB drooling is more disrespectful, if that makes sense. Plus, I think they have got Joe and John mixed up and talk about them interchangeably. You know how that annoys me. Plus. *hair flip* BTW, my hair is long enough now that it actually moves when I shake my head. I will be flipping for real in no time.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

So, Sheppard and McKay were a revenge of the nerds? Bring down the jock while building up the geek. I can see it, it makes sense.
                        Pretty much. Petty, isn't it?

Though if this was their attempt at trying to make Sheppard look bad, it only made me love him more. And I kind of don't wanna know how it'd have been if they'd liked Sheppard. If it was anything like O'Neill, just urgh. If that's their version of a likeable male lead then I'd rather have them hating Sheppard.

I'm contrary, try too hard to make me like a character and I'll probably end up praying for them to be gone.
                        *snorts* Too true. One thing TPTW excelled at was accomplishing the exact opposite of their stated goals.

Jack in "The Return" felt like the Jack I knew from SG-1, but I agree. For Daniel and Sam, they seemed much different from their original selves.

As for the Daniel episodes, I only liked them because of this:

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/.../PDVD_0163.jpg

Continuity frak-ups, no matter the fandom, are one of my biggest pet peeves. Sometimes they are unavoidable, but the stupid ones that really shouldn't have happened, like the ones listed above? Totally drive me up the wall.

And don't feel ashamed to know that. If that's wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Hey. It could happen.

*dies laughing*
                        True fax, dat.

I know I'm a hypocrite, but somehow the FB drooling is more disrespectful, if that makes sense. Plus, I think they have got Joe and John mixed up and talk about them interchangeably. You know how that annoys me. Plus. *hair flip* BTW, my hair is long enough now that it actually moves when I shake my head. I will be flipping for real in no time.
                        Yay, hair flipping!
                        (and oh, don't even get me started on fans confusing characters with actors. Argh.)
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Saw it, it's a double whammy of Shep skin and whumping. I think I'm feeling a little faint right now. And Teyla looks cute too. Sometimes I forget how much I love this whole cast.

I often feel there is a line that gets crossed when fangirling a character. I can't pinpoint exactly what it is but it's that moment when things get too personal and a little too dirty. I think there is a difference between talking about finding someone attractive and talking about someone's package. The former I'm okay with, but the latter is when things get uncomfortable. As long as there isn't too much focus on body parts over the whole person, and people can tell the difference between an actor and the character they're playing there is still some respect.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Continuity frak-ups, no matter the fandom, are one of my biggest pet peeves. Sometimes they are unavoidable, but the stupid ones that really shouldn't have happened, like the ones listed above? Totally drive me up the wall.
                          I can put up with mistakes as long as I'm entertained. If I love the characters I probably won't care if a show is the cheesiest most contrived silliest thing ever. But when I get bored, that's when I start to pay attention to the mistakes.

Comment

Saw it, it's a double whammy of Shep skin and whumping. I think I'm feeling a little faint right now. And Teyla looks cute too. Sometimes I forget how much I love this whole cast.

I often feel there is a line that gets crossed when fangirling a character. I can't pinpoint exactly what it is but it's that moment when things get too personal and a little too dirty. I think there is a difference between talking about finding someone attractive and talking about someone's package. The former I'm okay with, but the latter is when things get uncomfortable. As long as there isn't too much focus on body parts over the whole person, and people can tell the difference between an actor and the character they're playing there is still some respect.
                            The last time I checked FB, up popped a post with multiple pics of Joe's rear end. That's the fine line for me. I wouldn't even blink at that on the thunk thread, but somehow in my warped mind I think FB should be a little more classy. Okay, stop laughing, but you all know what I mean. It may come down to the likelihood that someone in his family, his mother maybe, might be watching his fan page on FB as opposed to GW. But I doubt those people who post things like that over there would get it. I just know if my son was in his position, I'd want to slap someone.

But I remember the con I went to and how a young woman a few people behind me in the picture line grabbed him and tried to put her leg around him. Idiot. But Joe, being Joe, never lost his cool and wasn't rude to her. He did jump about 3 feet however. Makes you wonder what goes through people's heads. And if you bring up that con to Mr. SR, the first thing he will remember is how amazed he was at the number of people who talked about the characters and the actors interchangeably.

I can put up with mistakes as long as I'm entertained. If I love the characters I probably won't care if a show is the cheesiest most contrived silliest thing ever. But when I get bored, that's when I start to pay attention to the mistakes.
                            ITA with this. I have no trouble handwaving mistakes if I'm entertained. I forgave these writers all their science errors and most of their continuity errors, but the character inconsistencies and bad writing, I couldn't overlook.
                            sigpic

Comment

Agreed 100%. There are tons of things like that in episodes that I like but I don't really care because I'm too entertained. But then you get to season 5 and I just don't care about the show any more. Then I start getting annoyed more easily.

For example, the fact that Ford was piloting the jumper in Siege 3 is not canon-compliant (I don't care what kind of hand waving Gero tried to do). I have also read someone say that Lizzeh's hair changes in its curliness throughout Progeny but I never noticed because I was too involved in the story. But it was such a good episode that I can overlook it.

Oh, and SR - hair flip! You're so silly, expecting FB to be classy. I needed that laugh to get my day going. Thank you. I would hope that his family doesn't look at anything online. That way lay madness, and all.
                              Last edited by JT-2; 28 May 2013, 05:08 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Agreed 100%. There are tons of things like that in episodes that I like but I don't really care because I'm too entertained. But then you get to season 5 and I just don't care about the show any more. Then I start getting annoyed more easily.

For example, the fact that Ford was piloting the jumper in Siege 3 is not canon-compliant (I don't care what kind of hand waving Gero tried to do). I have also read someone say that Lizzeh's hair changes in its curliness throughout Progeny but I never noticed because I was too involved in the story. But it was such a good episode that I can overlook it.

Oh, and SR - hair flip! You're so silly, expecting FB to be classy. I needed that laugh to get my day going. Thank you. I would hope that his family doesn't look at anything online. That way lay madness, and all.
                                I knew that would get your heart started. I said it just for you. I know in the old days one of his sisters had a blog on which she posted family pics and actually teased Joe about being a SciFi star, but thanks to, once again, some over zealous fans lacking common sense, she has since locked it. That was about 5 years ago. In fact, for several years a few of us knew about it and never said a word in public until one or two morons spoiled it for all of us.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X