No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I'm in a bad mood myself but AoS has nothing to do with it, since I haven't seen that yet. That's for tonight, after dinner, with my sister as company.
    *hugs you*

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Haven't seen it yet and trying to avoid spoilers. Between that show and Justified, I have to avoid Twitter today. I've given up on avoiding the big spoilers on The Good Wife. Thank you Washington Post for PUTTING A PHOTO OF THE DEAD CHARACTER IN THE PAPER. Idiots.
    Prepare to have your minds blown, both of you. I'm still reeling, and coming up with more questions, as there's a big aspect of the fallout from The Winter Soldier that AoS should also be dealing with, but didn't last night. Hopefully we'll see something about it next week.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    Oh geez. *headdesk*

I'm missing the good ol' days before internet and fandom and Tumblr when I didn't know what was happening in a show until I actually watched it. I don't have the self-control to avoid it now.
    I don't have it so much any more, either.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh geez. *headdesk*

I'm missing the good ol' days before internet and fandom and Tumblr when I didn't know what was happening in a show until I actually watched it. I don't have the self-control to avoid it now.
      Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. I haven't cared about another show like I did SGA, so spoilers don't upset me. But it's still better to be surprised. And I will admit that I have accidentally spoiled something for someone before. It's hard not to. I'll watch AoS tonight so I won't have to avoid spoilers much longer.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Prepare to have your minds blown, both of you. I'm still reeling, and coming up with more questions, as there's a big aspect of the fallout from The Winter Soldier that AoS should also be dealing with, but didn't last night. Hopefully we'll see something about it next week.
        I assume you mean
        Spoiler:
        everyone's secrets getting posted on the internet?
        Spoiler:
        Including the identity of Skye and her parents?

At least, that's what I was thinking.

Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. I haven't cared about another show like I did SGA, so spoilers don't upset me. But it's still better to be surprised. And I will admit that I have accidentally spoiled something for someone before. It's hard not to. I'll watch AoS tonight so I won't have to avoid spoilers much longer.
        Whedon is evil. They get you to care. And then they strike.

Comment

I assume you mean
          Spoiler:
          everyone's secrets getting posted on the internet?
          Spoiler:
          Including the identity of Skye and her parents?

At least, that's what I was thinking.
          That, and the fact that Coulson is alive and no one (FURY!) ever bothered to say anything. I think the Avengers would take Very Special Notice of THAT particular bombshell.

Whedon is evil. They get you to care. And then they strike.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            That, and the fact that Coulson is alive and no one (FURY!) ever bothered to say anything. I think the Avengers would take Very Special Notice of THAT particular bombshell.
            Maybe we'll see something along those lines during the next couple of episodes. *starts stockpiling booze*

Comment

Maybe we'll see something along those lines during the next couple of episodes. *starts stockpiling booze*
              Spoiler:
              Cobie Smulders will be returning as Maria Hill in the April 29 episode; we had better hear some crackalicious stories about Hill and Pepper dealing with Tony's crazy ideas!

*adds more booze to the stockpile*

Comment

Watched AoS, and sadly saw the end coming a mile away -- after having been confused throughout pretty much the entire episode. Which is weird I guess, that I still saw it coming...

But yeah, I can see why it's wise to watch Captain America before AoS if you're watching the show, it spoils the entire film.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

You know between all the forms of TV or other media that I follow (to a greater or lesser extent) on TV lately I feel like I've been seeing shock after shock, and it's really starting to get on my nerves by this point.

It's weird that they all keep happening at once, I'd think it was a concerted plan by the entire entertainment industry if they weren't in all unrelated contexts.
                  "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Watched AoS, and sadly saw the end coming a mile away -- after having been confused throughout pretty much the entire episode. Which is weird I guess, that I still saw it coming...

But yeah, I can see why it's wise to watch Captain America before AoS if you're watching the show, it spoils the entire film.
                    Mr. SR and I totally missed the clues and were surprised by the very end, though we did guess the identity of Hydra. Very unusual for him. Not sure we like what happened and still hope it's not what it seems.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                    You know between all the forms of TV or other media that I follow (to a greater or lesser extent) on TV lately I feel like I've been seeing shock after shock, and it's really starting to get on my nerves by this point.

It's weird that they all keep happening at once, I'd think it was a concerted plan by the entire entertainment industry if they weren't in all unrelated contexts.
                    But isn't shock sometimes a good thing? Just to keep us guessing and avoid complacency. I think the average TV viewer is very jaded these days and must be hard to surprise. Though looking back, I think some of the things in shows that have been shocking were just unnecessary.
                    Spoiler:
                    I'm thinking about the time on Bones when that darling little intern turned out to be a serial killer's accomplice or something like that.
                    Oh, and let's not forget the exploding tumor business.
                    sigpic

Comment

But isn't shock sometimes a good thing? Just to keep us guessing and avoid complacency. I think the average TV viewer is very jaded these days and must be hard to surprise. Though looking back, I think some of the things in shows that have been shocking were just unnecessary.
                      Sometimes, sure. But I tend not to be of the opinion that something is good just because it's shocking. At least most of the time. And lately it seems to have happened in such quick succession that I'm almost getting sort of tired of them (even if they are all from unrelated sources).
                      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Though looking back, I think some of the things in shows that have been shocking were just unnecessary.
                        Spoiler:
                        I'm thinking about the time on Bones when that darling little intern turned out to be a serial killer's accomplice or something like that.
                        But in the end it turned out he wasn't.

Comment

Mr. SR and I totally missed the clues and were surprised by the very end, though we did guess the identity of Hydra. Very unusual for him. Not sure we like what happened and still hope it's not what it seems.
                          Yeah. I'm still rocking in the fetal position and completely avoiding Tumblr. All the theories pertaining to that particular plot twist are making me dizzy.

Spoiler:
                          I was just thinking that too. But more on that below:

Sometimes, sure. But I tend not to be of the opinion that something is good just because it's shocking. At least most of the time. And lately it seems to have happened in such quick succession that I'm almost getting sort of tired of them (even if they are all from unrelated sources).
                          I think what one of the major problems is with TV shows is that when they start gearing up for the finale, they start pulling out the big guns. The same thing happened last year with NCIS
                          Spoiler:
                          when Tony and Ziva got T-boned in a car at the very end of the episode. I mean, yes, it added a little fuel to the fire but the fans going nuts and being all "OMG did they make it?!?!" was a little ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I ship Tiva and loved the scenes but the car wreck's shock value only lasted for one week. When it turned out they were fine, save for a bruised rib and a bloody nose,
                          it was disappointing to get all worked up for nothing.

Anyhoodle.

Comment

ITA. The so-called cliffhanger endings of the last few years for almost every single show have gotten ridiculous. Especially since Mr. SR and I can't remember what happened and start the new season confused.

But in the end it turned out he wasn't.
                            Really, I forgot that. Heh. Can you tell me what happened?
                            sigpic

Comment

Really, I forgot that. Heh. Can you tell me what happened?
                              I haven't seen all of it, and haven't watched any Bones at all in past few years.

But what I do remember is, that he lied about it. He had indeed been contacted by the serialkiller but he had never taken him up on the invitation. I think (but I can't be sure) he was trying to help the investigation to catch the guy instead. Booth figures it out, after the squint has been tried for it and locked up, but he doesn't want Bones to know so Booth keeps quiet about it.

Comment

I haven't really watched Bones in a few years either. It's lost it's mojo.
                                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Working...
                                X