Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    I hear you about the willpower thing. It is very frustrating to have a project in your head and it Just. Doesn't. Want. To. Get. On. The. Page. *tears hair out*
    Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    I think I've been there for the last year it seems.
    I started working on a little ficlet Monday night but got interrupted. I'll probably finish it today depending on if I have any classes with nothing to do.

In the meantime, I started a new game in the Fun and Games folder. If John Sheppard Had Another Job... Basically, I wanted people to think outside the box about what kind of jobs characters could have if they had another profession or if it was an AU verse. If you need a brainless diversion, I divert you there.

Comment

Ficlet is done. Gotta PM this to mrscopterdoc.

Spoiler:
      Not surprisingly, Elizabeth Weir was still working when John Sheppard walked in.

“Hey,” he greeted, leaning against the door frame.

She looked up, a glimmer of a smile flashing across her face as she replied. “Hey yourself,” she said, immediately bowing her head again.

“You had dinner yet?”

“Do I ever?”

John exhaled. “No, usually not. Which is probably the reason that Carson has resorted to sending me memos about your health.”

Elizabeth sighed. “I know he’s only looking out for my best interests, but I’m fine. By the time I’m done going through mission reports and status reports, it’s all I can do to drag myself to quarters and pass out.”

John nodded, almost ready to concede the point, until he noticed a silver tumbler on her desk. Steam was escaping, almost imperceptibly, through the spout.

He stuffed his hands in the pockets of his black uniform pants. “Seeing as how that’s probably your fifth cup of coffee today, something tells me that you’re not gonna hit the sack any time soon.”

Elizabeth shut her eyes, then closed her laptop and looked back at John. “What do you want, John?”

“Honestly, I want you to keep your job. And by that, I mean you doing this and not me because you’re not taking any breaks.”

Elizabeth leaned back in her chair, crossing her arms. “I took a break this evening. Ask Chuck.”

“Bathrooms breaks don’t count.”

Elizabeth grunted.

“I just want you to come out to the balcony for five minutes, and then you can work until your hands fall off.”

She gave him a suspicious glare. “For what?”

“No questions, just come with me for a few minutes. That's all I ask."

Elizabeth frowned. "Five minutes."

"Not a second more."

She got up and followed him out, walking behind Chuck's station towards the sliding doors.

When they got there, she was surprised that they weren't alone.

Rodney McKay, Teyla, Carson, and even Ronon stood on the balcony. When they heard the doors open, they turned slightly to face them. Teyla smiled. "I'm glad that you were able to make it, Elizabeth."

She smiled awkwardly. "Made it for what?"

Behind her, John leaned his head inside. "Hit it, Chuck."

A question formed in her mind as the door shut behind them but was silenced as the reflection of the city's lights on the water began to dim.

John tapped his earpiece. "Looks good, Chuck. Sheppard out."

"All right, what's going on?" Elizabeth finally asked, looking at every person standing next to her for an answer.

McKay spoke up. "So earlier today, I was doing a calibration on the long range sensors and I noticed a large debris cloud that intersected with the planet's orbit. Probably left over from a destroyed asteroid or a comet or maybe even a small moon. You know, it's actually interesting--"

"McKay," John hissed through grated teeth.

McKay gave him his patented glare, then looked back at Elizabeth. "The debris cloud should be coming in contact with the atmosphere ... now."

The sky suddenly flashed.

Elizabeth stared at the sky, making her way to the railing. A fireball streamed across the sky, followed by three smaller ones that quickly burnt out. The sky seemed to fizzle as the dust made contact with the outer atmosphere, looking like a golden wave. Shooting stars flooded the night sky.

She gasped. "This is amazing," she murmured, more to herself than anyone.

John's voice suddenly whispered in her ear. "Worth leaving your office for more than five minutes?"

"Yes," she immediately replied before narrowing her eyes. "You said five minutes, no longer."

"Children, stop bickering and enjoy the bloody show," Carson whispered sharply, effectively shutting them up.

For five seconds.

"Yes, Dad."

Elizabeth punched him in the arm.

Comment

Good ficlet!
        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post

Spoiler:
          Not surprisingly, Elizabeth Weir was still working when John Sheppard walked in.

She looked up, a glimmer of a smile flashing across her face as she replied. “Hey yourself,” she said, immediately bowing her head again.

“You had dinner yet?”

“Do I ever?”

John exhaled. “No, usually not. Which is probably the reason that Carson has resorted to sending me memos about your health.”

Elizabeth sighed. “I know he’s only looking out for my best interests, but I’m fine. By the time I’m done going through mission reports and status reports, it’s all I can do to drag myself to quarters and pass out.”

John nodded, almost ready to concede the point, until he noticed a silver tumbler on her desk. Steam was escaping, almost imperceptibly, through the spout.

He stuffed his hands in the pockets of his black uniform pants. “Seeing as how that’s probably your fifth cup of coffee today, something tells me that you’re not gonna hit the sack any time soon.”

Elizabeth shut her eyes, then closed her laptop and looked back at John. “What do you want, John?”

“Honestly, I want you to keep your job. And by that, I mean you doing this and not me because you’re not taking any breaks.”

Elizabeth leaned back in her chair, crossing her arms. “I took a break this evening. Ask Chuck.”

Elizabeth grunted.

“I just want you to come out to the balcony for five minutes, and then you can work until your hands fall off.”

"Not a second more."

She got up and followed him out, walking behind Chuck's station towards the sliding doors.

Rodney McKay, Teyla, Carson, and even Ronon stood on the balcony. When they heard the doors open, they turned slightly to face them. Teyla smiled. "I'm glad that you were able to make it, Elizabeth."

A question formed in her mind as the door shut behind them but was silenced as the reflection of the city's lights on the water began to dim.

"All right, what's going on?" Elizabeth finally asked, looking at every person standing next to her for an answer.

McKay spoke up. "So earlier today, I was doing a calibration on the long range sensors and I noticed a large debris cloud that intersected with the planet's orbit. Probably left over from a destroyed asteroid or a comet or maybe even a small moon. You know, it's actually interesting--"

McKay gave him his patented glare, then looked back at Elizabeth. "The debris cloud should be coming in contact with the atmosphere ... now."

Elizabeth stared at the sky, making her way to the railing. A fireball streamed across the sky, followed by three smaller ones that quickly burnt out. The sky seemed to fizzle as the dust made contact with the outer atmosphere, looking like a golden wave. Shooting stars flooded the night sky.

John's voice suddenly whispered in her ear. "Worth leaving your office for more than five minutes?"

"Yes," she immediately replied before narrowing her eyes. "You said five minutes, no longer."

"Children, stop bickering and enjoy the bloody show," Carson whispered sharply, effectively shutting them up.

For five seconds.

"Yes, Dad."

Darling. Fluffy and darling.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I think I've been there for the last year it seems.
            You and me both.

Spoiler:

“You had dinner yet?”

“Do I ever?”

Elizabeth grunted.

"Not a second more."

For five seconds.

"Yes, Dad."

OMG that's so sweet! And I laughed my butt off at Carson at the end. He would so say that!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Spoiler:

“You had dinner yet?”

“Do I ever?”

Elizabeth grunted.

"Not a second more."

For five seconds.

"Yes, Dad."

I love it, SW!!! I can see them all doing that and John being the only one who could manage to drag Elizabeth out of her office to it.

You and me both.
              If you find a cure before I do, could you please let me know?

I don't have that much hair left to pull out.
              Last edited by mandogater; 20 March 2014, 05:38 PM. Reason: can't spell
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

If you find a cure before I do, could you please let me know?

I don't have that much hair left to pull out.
                If there's a cure, it's probably hiding in the same place as the Fountain of Youth.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

First entry for this week's challenge!!!

I want everyone to take a moment to admire and comment on this lovely, wonderful entry that this brave soul entered. Remember the golden rule....say things that you would like to hear on your artwork.

I will collect all comments made, and post them with the artwork, and reveal who they belong to on Monday.
                  sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

If there's a cure, it's probably hiding in the same place as the Fountain of Youth.
                    You mean it's in Warehouse 13?
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

You mean it's in Warehouse 13?
                      Or maybe the one where they stashed the Ark of the Covenant at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                        First entry for this week's challenge!!!

I want everyone to take a moment to admire and comment on this lovely, wonderful entry that this brave soul entered. Remember the golden rule....say things that you would like to hear on your artwork.

[img]http://s285.photobucket.com/user/mrscopterdoc/media/redwolf_zpsd06279a7.jpg[img]

I will collect all comments made, and post them with the artwork, and reveal who they belong to on Monday.
                        I like it!

And I PM'd you something.

Comment

I like it!

And I PM'd you something.
                          got it! I am posting one submission at a time, to give people plenty of time to comment on each and every one, so it will be posted sometime between now and Monday!
                          sigpic

Comment

There were plenty of comments made on the first entry and it.was.awesome!!!

I have 2 more entries so far after this one, but I am only posting one at a time to make sure everyone has a chance to comment. So please don't be upset if you don't see your submission this time, I promise I will get to it!

Here is entry #2

spoilered ONLY because it is a complete set and there are several pictures and one is large size...
                            Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

That new set of artwork is very pretty, by the way! Love the use of white and red to contrast with John's penchant for wearing black.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

That new set of artwork is very pretty, by the way! Love the use of white and red to contrast with John's penchant for wearing black.
                                I like it too. John looks so mad... It's actually kinda hot.

Comment

Working...
                                X