No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

ShipperWriter, that new ficlet is hilarious! Slice of life fics (especially for a place as zany as Atlantis) are one of my favorites!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Loved it. Just what I needed this morning. That shelf trick reminds me of my dad sending us off to find a "left-handed" screwdriver. LOL

On a personal note, Mr. SR is having gallbladder surgery today. If you could spare a moment to send up good thoughts, it would be appreciated. There's even a sci fi element. The surgery will most likely be performed by a robot, if there are no complications. He and SR Jr. are in full geek mode. I'll let you know how it goes, but so far he is enjoying the good drugs and the fine care of his "surgical team" which consists of a gaggle of interns, residents and several docs in the long white coats, all of whom get to prod his abdomen and ask the same questions over and over. One of the residents is gorgeous, so I'm angling for a little exam of my own. Just kidding.
    *hugs you and sends good vibes* The robotic angle indeed sounds like a lot of fun. Hoping for an excellent outcome and speedy recovery!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    And if you can sneak a picture of the resident to share with us, it would definitely be appreciated.
    This.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Took off work early today. Guess what I did?

Spoiler:
      I wrote a ficlet about where I went.

And posted it here.

Spoiler:
      John leaned over the railing, breathing in the salty air as the sound of waves crashed softly in front of him. This was beautiful.

But something was missing.

Someone came up to him and tugged on his shirt. "Daddy?"

John looked down, then smiled as he bent his knees, matching gazes with his daughter. "Yes, Miss Emma?"

"You need to talk to Jack."

John frowned. "About what?"

She pointed an accusatory finger behind him. "She said he's gonna climb over the fence and ride the dolphin!"

John looked over his shoulder.

Elizabeth and Jack were in a similar position ten feet away, Jack looking despondent as his mother calmly told him that riding the dolphins was not an option during their visit to the aquarium.

The parents' eyes locked on to each other and shared a sympathetic smile.

"I think Mama's taking care of it, honey."

He stood and Emma reached up for his hand. They walked over to the other half of their family.

Elizabeth looked up. "I explained that the dolphin is here because he got hurt. And he needs to get better, which means that no one can ride him for a while."

Emma nodded approvingly, then grabbed her brother's hand and ran to the edge of the patio, watching the dolphin swim around the tank.

Elizabeth sighed, standing up.

John smiled. "Told you being a diplomat would make you a good mother."

She cocked an eyebrow at him. "Yes. That was before I found out I was carrying twins."

He chuckled, taking her hand in his and walking up behind the kids. "True. But Emma is too much like you. She can take care of problems on her own, and she's only six!"

Elizabeth nodded. "True. She can already out argue Rodney."

"He lets her." When Elizabeth frowned, he added, "She's got everybody wrapped around her finger."

"You are, for sure."

John shrugged. "What can I say? She's like her mother."

"How so?"

He grinned. "She's got good taste in men."

Comment

You're on a role SW!
        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Spoiler:

And posted it here.

Spoiler:
          John leaned over the railing, breathing in the salty air as the sound of waves crashed softly in front of him. This was beautiful.

John looked down, then smiled as he bent his knees, matching gazes with his daughter. "Yes, Miss Emma?"

She pointed an accusatory finger behind him. "She said he's gonna climb over the fence and ride the dolphin!"

Elizabeth and Jack were in a similar position ten feet away, Jack looking despondent as his mother calmly told him that riding the dolphins was not an option during their visit to the aquarium.

He stood and Emma reached up for his hand. They walked over to the other half of their family.

Elizabeth looked up. "I explained that the dolphin is here because he got hurt. And he needs to get better, which means that no one can ride him for a while."

Emma nodded approvingly, then grabbed her brother's hand and ran to the edge of the patio, watching the dolphin swim around the tank.

She cocked an eyebrow at him. "Yes. That was before I found out I was carrying twins."

He chuckled, taking her hand in his and walking up behind the kids. "True. But Emma is too much like you. She can take care of problems on her own, and she's only six!"

"He lets her." When Elizabeth frowned, he added, "She's got everybody wrapped around her finger."

"You are, for sure."

"How so?"

LMAO at how much the twins are just like their parents!

You did a bad, bad thing. Do it again whenever you like, you naughty girl, you!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

SK, if you want to see more stuff with young twins whose parents are John and Elizabeth, perhaps you could take a look at my Sparky story? It's the second link under my sig.
            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

It was inspired by a prank that got pulled on me when I began working in a grocery store as a teenager. They sent me all the way to the stock room to ask for a shelf-stretcher, only to be informed that I had indeed been pranked. LOL

Will do, dear. Hope everything goes well! And if you can sneak a picture of the resident to share with us, it would definitely be appreciated.
              I haven't seen him again, but Mr. SR did. Now everyone is calling him the "hot resident" and Mrs. SR Jr is hoping for a looksee of her own.

So, ixnay on the robot. There was more infection than expected, so they had to open him up. It went well though and he should be fine. He just has to stay in the hospital for a couple more days and has graduated from the good drugs to the very very good drugs. Thanks for the good thoughts.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Aw, no robot... but hail the very good drugs. At least he'll be floating about for a bit...

Wish him well!!
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  LMAO at how much the twins are just like their parents!

You did a bad, bad thing. Do it again whenever you like, you naughty girl, you!
                  Will do my best!

I haven't seen him again, but Mr. SR did. Now everyone is calling him the "hot resident" and Mrs. SR Jr is hoping for a looksee of her own.

So, ixnay on the robot. There was more infection than expected, so they had to open him up. It went well though and he should be fine. He just has to stay in the hospital for a couple more days and has graduated from the good drugs to the very very good drugs. Thanks for the good thoughts.
                  Oh, good to hear! I like the very very good drugs myself. Did wonders after my hand surgery. Although I only could handle them for five days and then my stomach ixnayed them. LOL

Comment

Darn, sucks about no robot, but good to know that it went well and he's doing fine. And extra yay on the very very good drugs, LOL!

Oh, good to hear! I like the very very good drugs myself. Did wonders after my hand surgery. Although I only could handle them for five days and then my stomach ixnayed them. LOL
                    Heh, I finally broke down and tried the very very good drugs after I had my left foot done. My stomach ixnayed them immediately.

Comment

That's what I get for reading things that I know will piss me off. (Leave.Elizabeth.ALONE!)

Anyway...

Awesome ficlets, ShipperWriter!!

Poor Mr. SR. I hope he feels better soon. Sucks that the infection got that bad that he couldn't have the cool robot surgery. So I assume this means it wasn't laproscopic but instead the standard kind? The standard cut takes longer to heal from.

On another note, it was while my mom was having her own gallbladder out when the surgeon discovered she was pregnant with me. Now whenever the doctors are overly anal retentive about checking for pregnancy before any procedure, I think back to my mom and know she was one of the people that caused that rule to go into effect.

Comment

Hey everyone! We broke 146,000 posts!

Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!

All these years and still going strong.

Comment

Interesting. Very interesting. Or so the fic bunnies tell me. LOL
                          I first heard about it watching a show called Battle 360 on the History Channel. It was all about the USS Enterprise during WWII.

Loved it. Just what I needed this morning. That shelf trick reminds me of my dad sending us off to find a "left-handed" screwdriver. LOL

On a personal note, Mr. SR is having gallbladder surgery today. If you could spare a moment to send up good thoughts, it would be appreciated. There's even a sci fi element. The surgery will most likely be performed by a robot, if there are no complications. He and SR Jr. are in full geek mode. I'll let you know how it goes, but so far he is enjoying the good drugs and the fine care of his "surgical team" which consists of a gaggle of interns, residents and several docs in the long white coats, all of whom get to prod his abdomen and ask the same questions over and over. One of the residents is gorgeous, so I'm angling for a little exam of my own. Just kidding.
                          *Sends good thoughts*

Spoiler:

And posted it here.

Spoiler:

"You are, for sure."

"How so?"

Nice one, SW. Keep up the good work.

I'm glad everything went well, SR. *Sends more good thoughts*
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Thanks, JT-2 and mandogater, for your thumb's up on my little fic. Much appreciated!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!

Whoop whoop!!!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                            I first heard about it watching a show called Battle 360 on the History Channel. It was all about the USS Enterprise during WWII.
                            Hmm. That's definitely interesting.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!

Whoo Hoo! Sparkies are awesome!

Champagne, anyone?

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                              Battle 360! Awesome show.

Comment

That's what I get for reading things that I know will piss me off. (Leave.Elizabeth.ALONE!)
                                Okay, what happened? And whose ankles need biting?
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X