Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Hey Scary Kitty, what does the Marvel news mean?

Spoiler:
    Will there be no more Spiderman movies?
    It means that Disney can't use Spiderman in the MCU because he belongs to Sony.
    There will still be movies but he won't be able to appear in the cinematic universe.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      There will still be movies but he won't be able to appear in the cinematic universe.
      Ah, thanks. That kinda sucks.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Yep. Now, to clarify, Sony has the film rights, both live action and animated. Disney has television rights (live action and animated), merchandising, and theme parks (west of the Mississippi and the rest of the world save Japan -- Orlando and Japan are Universal's via a deal with Marvel that predates Disney's purchase of Marvel).

Ah, thanks. That kinda sucks.
        Definitely sucks.
        Spoiler:
        I mean, WTF, Tony got back into the game to get Peter back and sacrificed himself to keep Thanos from effing it up, and yet we still lose Peter anyway? So, so wrong.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Yep. Now, to clarify, Sony has the film rights, both live action and animated. Disney has television rights (live action and animated), merchandising, and theme parks (west of the Mississippi and the rest of the world save Japan -- Orlando and Japan are Universal's via a deal with Marvel that predates Disney's purchase of Marvel).
          Okay that's just convoluted.

Definitely sucks.
          Spoiler:
          I mean, WTF, Tony got back into the game to get Peter back and sacrificed himself to keep Thanos from effing it up, and yet we still lose Peter anyway? So, so wrong.
          So unfair!!

Comment

Okay that's just convoluted.
            That's probably the understatement of the decade.

So unfair!!
            Yep. Total lose-lose for the fans, and long-term, not having Tony could hamstring Marvel's ability to adapt certain storylines from the comics. What a waste.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

That's probably the understatement of the decade.

Yep. Total lose-lose for the fans, and long-term, not having Tony could hamstring Marvel's ability to adapt certain storylines from the comics. What a waste.

I'm feeling rather unsure about the Loki series. Since it's going to be Avengers Loki and not the one who lived through Thor 2 and Thor 3. He made so much progress. I don't know if I want to watch him regress. (I'm also not keen on having to pay yet ANOTHER streaming service to watch it).

Comment

(I'm also not keen on having to pay yet ANOTHER streaming service to watch it).
                That whole Disney+ thing isn't even available over here so ... we'll get creative to watch some of the new stuff that's gonna come out of there.

Their loss.

You can bet that it will just end up as it was before, when they complained about downloading... yeah well, keep everything centralized and accessible, and you won't have to complain about that.

Comment

That whole Disney+ thing isn't even available over here so ... we'll get creative to watch some of the new stuff that's gonna come out of there.

Their loss.

You can bet that it will just end up as it was before, when they complained about downloading... yeah well, keep everything centralized and accessible, and you won't have to complain about that.
                  I can't believe that's not available there. That sucks.

And yes, people will find ways to watch it without the streaming service, and they will complain and moan about it. They need to stop being so greedy. Just put it on regular cable, for crying out loud. That probably wouldn't help you either, right?

Comment

Definitely sucks.
                    Spoiler:
                    Exactly this!

And- I forgot how much I hate painting and painted the master bedroom this weekend. Bought the pricey paint and knocked it out in no time. But then...feeling all powerful over the positive painting experience I decided to move the treadmill into my office. And got it stuck in the hallway. And by stuck I mean totally wedged, no going forward or backward until I took it apart in ways I'm not sure it was meant to be taken apart. The good news is after putting it together it still worked. The bad news was I then had to repaint my hall.

Hosting an HGTV show will NEVER be in my future, lol, even if their HQ is based in my hometown. After all that, next up was driving over 200 miles to Atlanta for work. If I ever mention considering another home improvement project someone please tell me to settle my happy A** down. At least there is wine at the team dinners here in the ATL.
                    Last edited by Zandra's Ashes; 26 August 2019, 05:46 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

I can't believe that's not available there. That sucks.
                      Disney says it will be, but the thing is, we have some interesting language rules here that might delay the whole thing.

Last I heard, it won't be available until the end of 2021 so that's basically so far behind everyone else that everything "new" is already old.

And yes, people will find ways to watch it without the streaming service, and they will complain and moan about it. They need to stop being so greedy. Just put it on regular cable, for crying out loud. That probably wouldn't help you either, right?
                      Actually, it would because that would mean regular broadcaster can pick it up without all the exclusive streaming services getting in the way of things.

For example, Good Omens on Prime. The serie was released in May, I think. Prime is also not freely available here. You need some extra tech to get it to work and then run around the block a few times to mask your IP. So, I've heard it might actually be shown on BBC UK at some point -- when is but the question.

Luckily that's something one can't really be spoiled for since there's the book -- which I just finished. But iomagine the Mandolorian, Picard... Fat chance of not getting spoiled for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                        Exactly this!

And- I forgot how much I hate painting and painted the master bedroom this weekend. Bought the pricey paint and knocked it out in no time. But then...feeling all powerful over the positive painting experience I decided to move the treadmill into my office. And got it stuck in the hallway. And by stuck I mean totally wedged, no going forward or backward until I took it apart in ways I'm not sure it was meant to be taken apart. The good news is after putting it together it still worked. The bad news was I then had to repaint my hall.

Hosting an HGTV show will NEVER be in my future, lol, even if their HQ is based in my hometown. After all that, next up was driving over 200 miles to Atlanta for work. If I ever mention considering another home improvement project someone please tell me to settle my happy A** down. At least there is wine at the team dinners here in the ATL.
                        That reminds me of the time Mr. SR and SR Jr. attempted to move Mr. SR's new couch into his upstairs office. Big couch, tight turn from the hall = a hole in the wall. We repaired the hole badly but luckily there was wallpaper, so I just patched it and hung a picture. Years later when we had the paper removed we had a lot of 'splaining to do to the painters. LOL
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

(I'm also not keen on having to pay yet ANOTHER streaming service to watch it).
                          At least it's not as expensive as, say, HBO.

Just put it on regular cable, for crying out loud.
                          That's just it, they won't get as much money if they do it that way.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          That reminds me of the time Mr. SR and SR Jr. attempted to move Mr. SR's new couch into his upstairs office. Big couch, tight turn from the hall = a hole in the wall. We repaired the hole badly but luckily there was wallpaper, so I just patched it and hung a picture. Years later when we had the paper removed we had a lot of 'splaining to do to the painters. LOL
                          Oh dear, reading these two stories has me dreading repainting. Because, of course, walls got dinged and smudged while putting up crown molding and moving furniture in and, and, and... argh.

Comment

Exactly this!

Hosting an HGTV show will NEVER be in my future, lol, even if their HQ is based in my hometown. After all that, next up was driving over 200 miles to Atlanta for work. If I ever mention considering another home improvement project someone please tell me to settle my happy A**down. At least there is wine at the team dinners here in the ATL.
                            I'm sorry you had such an ordeal. More power to people who do those projects themselves. I don't even attempt it.

And don't drink TOO much at those team dinners.

Disney says it will be, but the thing is, we have some interesting language rules here that might delay the whole thing.

Last I heard, it won't be available until the end of 2021 so that's basically so far behind everyone else that everything "new" is already old.
                            Yeah, by that point it will be completely spoiled.

Actually, it would because that would mean regular broadcaster can pick it up without all the exclusive streaming services getting in the way of things.

For example, Good Omens on Prime. The series was released in May, I think. Prime is also not freely available here. You need some extra tech to get it to work and then run around the block a few times to mask your IP. So, I've heard it might actually be shown on BBC UK at some point -- when is but the question.

Luckily that's something one can't really be spoiled for since there's the book -- which I just finished. But iomagine the Mandolorian, Picard... Fat chance of not getting spoiled for it.
                            Good Omens was REALLY good!! I hadn't read the books so it was all new to me. It was just really well done.

Yeah, I have a friend who loves Game of Thrones and wants me to watch it, but I can't find a cheap and legal way of watching it that doesn't cost a ton.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              My DH was out of town so if I hadn't repainted I would have had some 'splaining to do myself. He did not get the whole story, lol.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

That's just it, they won't get as much money if they do it that way.

Oh dear, reading these two stories has me dreading repainting. Because, of course, walls got dinged and smudged while putting up crown molding and moving furniture in and, and, and... argh.
                              I obviously have no advice on protecting the walls and the like, but I shelled out the dough for the expensive Behr Marquee paint and OMG. It was awesome. I did three white walls- covering red- and it almost completely covered it in one coat. I did an accent wall in a blue/grey and it did cover it in one coat except two little spots.

I'm sorry you had such an ordeal. More power to people who do those projects themselves. I don't even attempt it.

And don't drink TOO much at those team dinners.
                              Lol, for sure, I am NOT about to become "the story" as we call it. Plus now that I'm older I just can't. Two drink limit. Anything more than that just makes me feel like yuck.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

I obviously have no advice on protecting the walls and the like, but I shelled out the dough for the expensive Behr Marquee paint and OMG. It was awesome. I did three white walls- covering red- and it almost completely covered it in one coat. I did an accent wall in a blue/grey and it did cover it in one coat except two little spots.
                                I love that paint. I painted a wall in my guestroom a fairly dark blue but I had never used a dark paint before so didn't buy enough. The very nice man at Home Depot gave me a quick lesson on painting with dark colors so I managed to do it without the telltale streak on the edges. But Mr. SR and I have declared our painting days are over along with our lawnmowing days and most of my vacuuming days thanks to my Roomba and his lawn service.

Lol, for sure, I am NOT about to become "the story" as we call it. Plus now that I'm older I just can't. Two drink limit. Anything more than that just makes me feel like yuck.
                                I hear you on that one. It's amazing the trouble that third glass of wine causes.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X