No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always thought Gibbs and Jack would get along greatly along with Sam and McGee obviously DiNozzo would hit on Sam (which he would get gibbs-slapped and then have Jack do his jack glare).

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
      I always thought Gibbs and Jack would get along greatly along with Sam and McGee obviously DiNozzo would hit on Sam (which he would get gibbs-slapped and then have Jack do his jack glare).
      DiNozzo isn't really Sam's type though. She'd be more interested in Gibbs. She likes older guys.

And if this is after the events of Lifeline, how then would they react to Jordan Hampton (TH's character) if they see her?
      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
        DiNozzo isn't really Sam's type though. She'd be more interested in Gibbs. She likes older guys.
        I don't think Pete was "older"...

And if this is after the events of Lifeline, how then would they react to Jordan Hampton (TH's character) if they see her?
        That would be interesting...
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
          I've been playing around with an NCIS/SGA crossover for years now and just haven't gotten around to writing it - it would be Sparky but with some hints of another crossovery/femslashy ship. It might get written eventually....
          I almost love them both too much to write a crossover fic. I couldn't make it plausible. Maybe I'm just not that imaginative.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

mandogater, glad to hear you've got full-time back at your job, but sorry to hear about your boss.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            I should have made it clear that I ship very few couples who are on TV at the present time. Sparky spoiled me for all the rest I guess.
            You and me both. In fact, the only other couple I'm shipping right now is Tony/Pepper, which is 1) film (the comics are a different beast), 2) the intended canon ship, 3) the chemistry between the actors is just as natural and unforced as Sparky, 4) everyone from the actors to the studio executives, directors and writers wholeheartedly supports it, which is such a refreshing change after the shenanigans of SGA's TPTW. Ultimately, I think both ships are spoiling me in different ways. One gets to be the underdog little ship that could, and one gets to be the mighty flagship that no one can take down. Win-win.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I never thought of the whole Jordan Hampton twist...when I initially got the idea for the fic I didn't know the character existed LOL

The idea I have is kinda crack fic-y but now I'm gonna have to write it...my muse is poking me.
              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                I don't think Pete was "older"...

That would be interesting...
                I consider to be an aberration. Usually, she does go for older.

As for the Jordan Hampton/Elizabeth Weir thing, I've seen some people go with the "identical stranger" route.
                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

I consider to be an aberration. Usually, she does go for older.
                  Err... the only older man some folks want her to be with is Jack. Other than that, not so much older as equal age.

Unless we have been watching two different SG1's.

Comment

Err... the only older man some folks want her to be with is Jack. Other than that, not so much older as equal age.

Unless we have been watching two different SG1's.
                    Sorry, I was going off something she'd said. Don't remember whether it was an episode or a fanfic.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

mandogater, glad to hear you've got full-time back at your job, but sorry to hear about your boss.

You and me both. In fact, the only other couple I'm shipping right now is Tony/Pepper, which is 1) film (the comics are a different beast), 2) the intended canon ship, 3) the chemistry between the actors is just as natural and unforced as Sparky, 4) everyone from the actors to the studio executives, directors and writers wholeheartedly supports it, which is such a refreshing change after the shenanigans of SGA's TPTW. Ultimately, I think both ships are spoiling me in different ways. One gets to be the underdog little ship that could, and one gets to be the mighty flagship that no one can take down. Win-win.
                      Doesn't it feel good to see your ship sail? I like Tony/Pepper too. And I have to make a liar of myself by pointing out my new favorite ship: Ichabod/Abbie on Sleepy Hollow. I'm liking that show more and more every week. Oh and Monroe/Rosalee on Grimm. Oddly, I can take or leave Nick/Juliette. Her indecision last season kinda turned me off.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

But Ichabod's "dead" wife is still "alive"... you know what I mean... right...

Comment

Ehhh, minor problem. I think we might find that's not entirely true. *shifty eyes*
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Ehhh, minor problem. I think we might find that's not entirely true. *shifty eyes*
                            Ah, I haven't seen anything past episode 2 so... I reckon there will be more on that episode 3.

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                              I never thought of the whole Jordan Hampton twist...when I initially got the idea for the fic I didn't know the character existed LOL

The idea I have is kinda crack fic-y but now I'm gonna have to write it...my muse is poking me.
                              Dooooo iiiiitttttt!!!!

Doesn't it feel good to see your ship sail? I like Tony/Pepper too.
                              You betcha it feels good! *high-fives* I like to think of Pepperony as being a lovely example of what Sparky could have been if TPTW had gotten out of the way of what was working.

And I have to make a liar of myself by pointing out my new favorite ship: Ichabod/Abbie on Sleepy Hollow. I'm liking that show more and more every week. Oh and Monroe/Rosalee on Grimm. Oddly, I can take or leave Nick/Juliette. Her indecision last season kinda turned me off.
                              Ah, I haven't seen anything past episode 2 so... I reckon there will be more on that episode 3.
                              Actually...
                              Spoiler:
                              we didn't get anything about Katrina in episode 3.

But yeah, I'm on the fence about Ichabod/Abbie due to Katrina's "presence" as well. Tom Mison and Nicole Behaire have definitely got some great chemistry, though. And hey, Sleepy Hollow just got a green light for Season Two! So we'll see how it goes.
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Well the thing about stuff like that is that it technically raises the same sort of questions as the Stargate shows themselves should raise but kinda get glossed over in their own show, like how Star Trek exists as a franchise in their universe but there are also many Star Trek actors that play important roles in their "real lives." Or how SG-1 and Shepard's teams have a tendency to run into several people across the galaxies that by some amazing convient cost saving chance happen to look exactly like each other despite being totally unrelated.

I mean a while back I made a joke about it's a good thing Elizabeth and Sam never had the time to compare notes about ex-boyfriends, otherwise they'd probably get a little freaked out.

Actually now that I think about it, doesn't Rachel Luttrel also play a character on NCIS? I don't really watch the show, but I remember seeing a scene in it once when Teyla suddenly showed up in a meticulous military uniform.

I've never actually written any crack or crossover fics but occasionally I've come up with premises for the most absurd crossovers possible but played totally straight (or as straight as possible).

So far my 2 favorite ideas that I've come up are concrete premises for Transformers/Criminal Minds and Game of Thrones/Bravest Warriors.

When it comes to other couples, I've always said I'm not really much of a shipper. More of an amateur really.

There have been only I think around 3 other pairings that I ever supported, but if only shows that are still airing count then...um only 1, and even that is a little bit of a guilty pleasure because the show isn't that great.

I guess there might be a few more from when I was younger but I refuse to count them on the grounds that back then, even the notion of the being specifically a fan of a couple being together never would have occurred to me. They just count as being a part I liked of a show I liked... or... something.
                                Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 03 October 2013, 11:35 AM.
                                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                                X