Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Totally sucks! I've got a Genius Bar appointment tomorrow afternoon to bring my baby in, and I'll know more after that. At the moment, I'm limping along with my iPad and my wireless keyboard. Seems to be working pretty well at the moment, though it's a little slow in comparison to my usual speed. We'll see how it goes for Sunday!
    That is at least a bit promising. I hate computer problems. If I didn't have live-in tech support, I'd have spent untold $$$ by now. Just this week after a reboot, the backup didn't work. Mr. SR came in here and bloop de bloop, the fridgit isn't recognizing the waddayadoodle, but now it's fixed. Alrightythen. We hope you make it on Sunday.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      That is at least a bit promising. I hate computer problems. If I didn't have live-in tech support, I'd have spent untold $$$ by now. Just this week after a reboot, the backup didn't work. Mr. SR came in here and bloop de bloop, the fridgit isn't recognizing the waddayadoodle, but now it's fixed. Alrightythen. We hope you make it on Sunday.
      I know, right? Half the time, I have to Google it even after I look it up in the manual.

I hope I can make it for Sunday, too! The iPad/wireless keyboard combo still seems to be working well, so it's looking up.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

I know, right? Half the time, I have to Google it even after I look it up in the manual.

I hope I can make it for Sunday, too! The iPad/wireless keyboard combo still seems to be working well, so it's looking up.
        *fingers crossed* And to make it even worse I act as go-between with my bro and Mr. SR sometimes. It usually goes like this:

Spoiler:

SR Bro: Tell Mr. SR that my computer is doing that thing again where it makes the noise and the thing goes spinning.

SR: You mean the spinning beachball of doom? Did you reboot like he told you?

SR Bro: Yep, and then the external drive didn't show up on the desk top. Where did it go?

SR: He said do the utilities repair thing with that drive genius thing he installed the last time we were down there.

SR Bro: The what now?

Sigh. We are all hopeless. Bro is even worse off than I am, but he can take a lawnmower apart and put it back together so it works right. And neither of them can bake a cake. So we all have our skillz.
        sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            Aw, that's so cute. Mental green, it tells me I have to spread some reputation, but I'd need to go out of the thread and the outside world is scary.

Comment

And the verdict is... graphics card is dead. Getting a free replacement (yay AppleCare!), should be 3-5 days. So in the meantime, I'm on the iPad, which is still going well, though a bit slower than usual. Expect to see me tomorrow at the post-a-thon unless the end of the world is at hand!

*fingers crossed* And to make it even worse I act as go-between with my bro and Mr. SR sometimes. It usually goes like this:

Spoiler:

SR Bro: Tell Mr. SR that my computer is doing that thing again where it makes the noise and the thing goes spinning.

SR: You mean the spinning beachball of doom? Did you reboot like he told you?

SR Bro: Yep, and then the external drive didn't show up on the desk top. Where did it go?

SR: He said do the utilities repair thing with that drive genius thing he installed the last time we were down there.

SR Bro: The what now?

Sigh. We are all hopeless. Bro is even worse off than I am, but he can take a lawnmower apart and put it back together so it works right. And neither of them can bake a cake. So we all have our skillz.
              Hey, I can bake a cake! So I'm ahead of the game, right?

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              SQUEEE! So adorkably cute!

Originally posted by Luz View Post
              Aw, that's so cute. Mental green, it tells me I have to spread some reputation, but I'd need to go out of the thread and the outside world is scary.
              You're not the only one who thinks the outside world is scary.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

i got first hand look at how scary the world was when my parents got divorced, when i got fired from my first job.

Comment

sigpic
                  My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                  poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and... S-minus 6 hours until the Broken Ties post-a-thon! Looks like you're gonna be stuck with me after all, AHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                    http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/poundpuppy29/Sparky/normal_atl_217_086.jpg
                    Coup d'Etat! Such an awesome episode.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and... S-minus 6 hours until the Broken Ties post-a-thon! Looks like you're gonna be stuck with me after all, AHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Coup d'Etat! Such an awesome episode.
                      Can't wait for the darling Teyla/Kanaan bits in BT. Such an adorable couple.
                      sigpic

Comment

I won't be around for the post-a-thon. I have to go to a party a friend is having. I tried to get out of it but she used all her guilt methods on me. She would have put my Catholic mother to shame.

Comment

S-minus 30 minutes to Broken Ties!

Can't wait for the darling Teyla/Kanaan bits in BT. Such an adorable couple.
                          Totally adorable! I expect we'll have plenty of sugar for making cookies after this one!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                          I won't be around for the post-a-thon. I have to go to a party a friend is having. I tried to get out of it but she used all her guilt methods on me. She would have put my Catholic mother to shame.
                          Aww, darn. We'll miss you! And LOL at your friend; knows how to lay it on thick, does she?

Comment

BTW, I've been meaning to mention this. Has anybody else seen the new show on the Hallmark Channel called Cedar Cove? Lovely little show that old ladies like me adore, but I noticed that Carl Binder is an executive producer and writer, Martin Wood is a director, the male lead is Dylan Neal, who played John's brother in Outcast and Teryl Rothery plays the librarian. And the fact that the ship is being written in a totally lovely adorable way has not escaped my attention.
                            sigpic

Comment

S-minus 10 minutes to Broken Ties!

BTW, I've been meaning to mention this. Has anybody else seen the new show on the Hallmark Channel called Cedar Cove? Lovely little show that old ladies like me adore, but I noticed that Carl Binder is an executive producer and writer, Martin Wood is a director, the male lead is Dylan Neal, who played John's brother in Outcast and Teryl Rothery plays the librarian. And the fact that the ship is being written in a totally lovely adorable way has not escaped my attention.
                              Hmm, I may have to check that out. If I even get Hallmark Channel, that is.

Comment

Hello everyone! I am here and ready for "Broken Ties".
                                sigpic
                                sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Working...
                                X