Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xkawaiix
    Kay! Quick heads up. Lizzie's got Friday, Jen's (is it alright if I call you that? ) got Tuesday, I'm thinking of taking Monday. Anyone else?
    (still jumping up and down) ... ME! ME! ME! ME!

I want Saturdays!

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
      Very true Bama. I think Jessica wanted to play her that way, and that's the difference between her and Torri. Jessica's Weir might have been too soft... I don't know. Torri's Weir has the ability to be tough when she needs to be, but vulnerable at the same time. You know one scene I love? The "are you alright" from John and Elizabeth saying "no". How many characters ever say that? I love that Elizabeth is strong enough to admit her weakness in that scene. Obviously Jessica would have had the same line if she'd been in the job, but Torri does it so well.
      I actually like both of them. But Torri just 'is' Elizabeth now. I can't imagine anyone else 'being' this character. She and Joe have an amazing connection on screen, and you're right. That's not something that can be invented. Plenty of actors try and fail.
      On the CSI thing --- I'm a Nick/Sara fan.
      I love that 'moment' too Alyssa (Torri flat out sold it with her eyes and tone) and I think it hints at something that the writers can build on from a shipper angle with the two of them. Who is the only person Elizabeth can admit weakness to? John. She doesn't go to ridiculous lengths to hide her vulnerabilities from him because she thinks of him as an equal. We see her take teasing from John as she gives back as good as she gets but she'll snipe Rodney or Lorne for the same thing and sort of 'put them in their place'. It's pretty obvious to me that Elizabeth thinks that John should be the one right by her side as long as he can accept her in the same capacity and trust equally.

Comment

Sure Varekai!

Kay, so Suzotchka's got Saturday...

Comment

Originally posted by Lexa Jayde

have a pic... kudos to Torri for this icon
          That icon is too pretty not to be bumped to this page where we all can stare at it some more.

Does Torri or anyone have that on their sig? We need a daily dose of it! I like that one so much I'm saving it. Don't know what I'll ever do with it but...hmmm...oh, Torri, dear...this thing would make a nice wallpaper if it were enlarged and had some appro. colors and text added...*coughhint*

Comment

Me please? I can take any day left

Comment

Kay! Quick heads up. Lizzie's got Friday, Jen's (is it alright if I call you that? ) got Tuesday, I'm thinking of taking Monday. Anyone else?
              Can call me that. You should update the pic. Wednesday's still left, right? Anyone who wants to have John on Wednesday?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka
                (still jumping up and down) ... ME! ME! ME! ME!

I want Saturdays!
                HEY! No can do...I said Saturday first
                Sorry, but you can pick another day...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                  I love that 'moment' too Alyssa (Torri flat out sold it with her eyes and tone) and I think it hints at something that the writers can build on from a shipper angle with the two of them. Who is the only person Elizabeth can admit weakness to? John. She doesn't go to ridiculous lengths to hide her vulnerabilities from him because she thinks of him as an equal. We see her take teasing from John as she gives back as good as she gets but she'll snipe Rodney or Lorne for the same thing and sort of 'put them in their place'. It's pretty obvious to me that Elizabeth thinks that John should be the one right by her side as long as he can accept her in the same capacity and trust equally.
                  Hey Bama!
                  Yeah, you're right about Torri in that scene. She's one of the most expressive actresses you'll find without actually needing words. (I'm a big fan of Amanda Tapping in emotional scenes, too, and Kelli Williams from The Practice rounds out my top three....)
                  Hey, if someone didn't have a go at Rodney he'd probably be so shocked he'd drop dead on the spot! I think he secretly likes having everyone rubbed up the wrong way! Gives him a chance to behave all superior! I do love that character! He makes me laugh....

Comment

Originally posted by Varekai
                    HEY! No can do...I said Saturday first
                    Sorry, but you can pick another day...lol
                    I will take any day that ends in a "Y" - so long as I get a day!

Comment

Trish can share Monday with me since Mondays usually suck. Sharing is caring!

Sunday, Wednesday, and Thursday are free.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka
                        I will take any day that ends in a "Y" - so long as I get a day!
                        Wednesday's still left.
                        If you consider where all of us live, John really has to hurry. Especially when he has to jump between galaxies...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
                          Wednesday's still left.
                          If you consider where all of us live, John really has to hurry. Especially when he has to jump between galaxies...
                          That's okay, don't want to strees out John. I can wait. with my clone

Comment

Originally posted by Jenova Synthesis
                            Wednesday's still left.
                            Wendesdays are fine with me - it is hump day after all!

Comment

That's okay, don't want to strees out John. I can wait. with my clone
                              Not fair! Want my own John! *takes her clone and goes to bed* Leave now. It's 3.30am. Need at least 3h of sleeping.

Gute Nacht - Good night
                              Jen
                              sigpic

Comment

Ack! I'd love to stay and finish with the list but I've got to get up early tomorrow.

Night!

Comment

Working...
                                X