Oh I forgot X Files! -headdesk-

Comment

Who do you ship on CSI Jenova?

And to stay on topic:

Feel free to cap it

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen
        John: Liz, I can explain!
        Liz: John, what's Chaya doing in my Hathor outfit?

(I'm not sure if that's Chaya btw. I just can't see Teyla in that for anyone but Ronon. )

Comment

And to stay on topic:

Feel free to cap it
          Weir: John, excuse me if I'm a bit sceptical, but . . .
          Sheppard: No, Elizabeth. I'm telling you, it's *this* big.

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
          I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
          Spoiler:
          Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
            That was Jessica Steen. I really didn't care for her on SG1 - she was supposed to be highly intelligent and had negotiated all these treaties, but I found her a bit "goofy". When I heard they were changing actresses for SGA I was rather relieved, even though I had no idea what sort of actress Torri was. I think Torri brings a maturity to the role that Jessica didn't quite have. I don't think JF would have had the chemistry with "blonde" Weir that he has now. Actually, "blonde" Weir seemed to have an attraction to Daniel Jackson.

I think TPTB were being honest about why they switched and went with Torri instead. They were looking for a female that had an inner strength about her. Steen was OK in the role but as FP pointed out, she came across a bit too 'goofy' (love that word FP!) at times to really as convincing as she needs to be. And I have my doubts on whether she would have suited Sheppard. I think perhaps not nearly so well but it is easy to say that given that I didn't see her play opposite him and I have seen Torri. But as we've all seen with Rachel and Joe, you can't 'invent' chemistry when it's not truly there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
              I think TPTB were being honest about why they switched and went with Torri instead. They were looking for a female that had an inner strength about her. Steen was OK in the role but as FP pointed out, she came across a bit too 'goofy' (love that word FP!) at times to really as convincing as she needs to be. And I have my doubts on whether she would have suited Sheppard. I think perhaps not nearly so well but it is easy to say that given that I didn't see her play opposite him and I have seen Torri. But as we've all seen with Rachel and Joe, you can't 'invent' chemistry when it's not truly there.
              i totally agree with you Bama... Jessica was Ok, but i way prefer Torri!!! ..... she just has that something over Jessica
              ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Yes, I do. Love Gris and Cath!!! *hopes you don't beat her for maybe you are a SaraGris shipper*
                In NY I like MacStella. I don't ship for Miami.
                And you?
                Sorry for being off topic.
                sigpic

Comment

Heh Kawaii and Whistler And that's Heightmeyer in the pic.

Jenova yup I'm a G/S fan and it's great that you love G/C

Comment

Originally posted by Bama

Very true Bama. I think Jessica wanted to play her that way, and that's the difference between her and Torri. Jessica's Weir might have been too soft... I don't know. Torri's Weir has the ability to be tough when she needs to be, but vulnerable at the same time. You know one scene I love? The "are you alright" from John and Elizabeth saying "no". How many characters ever say that? I love that Elizabeth is strong enough to admit her weakness in that scene. Obviously Jessica would have had the same line if she'd been in the job, but Torri does it so well.
                    I actually like both of them. But Torri just 'is' Elizabeth now. I can't imagine anyone else 'being' this character. She and Joe have an amazing connection on screen, and you're right. That's not something that can be invented. Plenty of actors try and fail.
                    On the CSI thing --- I'm a Nick/Sara fan.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                      Very true Bama. I think Jessica wanted to play her that way, and that's the difference between her and Torri. Jessica's Weir might have been too soft... I don't know. Torri's Weir has the ability to be tough when she needs to be, but vulnerable at the same time. You know one scene I love? The "are you alright" from John and Elizabeth saying "no". How many characters ever say that? I love that Elizabeth is strong enough to admit her weakness in that scene. Obviously Jessica would have had the same line if she'd been in the job, but Torri does it so well.
                      I actually like both of them. But Torri just 'is' Elizabeth now. I can't imagine anyone else 'being' this character. She and Joe have an amazing connection on screen, and you're right. That's not something that can be invented. Plenty of actors try and fail.
                      On the CSI thing --- I'm a Nick/Sara fan.
                      i am so there with you on that...Alyssa.... i like the fact that Torri can play 'kick-a$$' when she needs to...
                      ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Thanx for not beating me up! Like Sara, too. Unfortunately, S4 was the last season they aired here in Germany. So I'm totally behind. Hate being 'am Arsch der Welt' = absolutely nowhere.

To be honest, I totally disliked, to say hated, "blonde" Weir in SG1. She would have been the reason for me to not look SGA. I know then I would have been a Sheyla. *again hopes not to be beaten*
                        sigpic

Comment

completely OT just for a minute. Am I the only one who has this take on the Heightmeyer/Rodney scene in The Gift? People seem to take it on face value that Rodney says they're seeing each other, so they're seeing each other. I've always looked at is as Rodney's in therapy, he got sprung, and he made up a story so it didn't look so bad!

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                            That was Jessica Steen. I really didn't care for her on SG1 - she was supposed to be highly intelligent and had negotiated all these treaties, but I found her a bit "goofy". When I heard they were changing actresses for SGA I was rather relieved, even though I had no idea what sort of actress Torri was. I think Torri brings a maturity to the role that Jessica didn't quite have. I don't think JF would have had the chemistry with "blonde" Weir that he has now. Actually, "blonde" Weir seemed to have an attraction to Daniel Jackson.
                            I think "goofy" is about as good a word as any... My impression of her was that she was more like a kindergarten or primary school teacher. She had warmth and energy but was lacking in poise and confidence as would be befitting a high powered professional. A diplomat would have to take on a stoic facade even if they didn't feel particularly calm and collected. Torri's Weir did that although at times she was a little too stoic but I blame the writing for that rather than Torri.
                            Therefore, I really don't see her really engaging Sheppard on that personal level except as a teacher to a delinquent student or a mother to a rebellious son. Like it or not, television is a visual medium and the way the audience perceives the interaction is just as important as the writing of it.
                            sigpic
                            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I've always looked at is as Rodney's in therapy, he got sprung, and he made up a story so it didn't look so bad!
                              That's what I thought as well. He didn't look too comfortable in that scene

Thanks! I have to say that I loved S5 in terms of the G/S

Comment

completely OT just for a minute. Am I the only one who has this take on the Heightmeyer/Rodney scene in The Gift? People seem to take it on face value that Rodney says they're seeing each other, so they're seeing each other. I've always looked at is as Rodney's in therapy, he got sprung, and he made up a story so it didn't look so bad!
                                Nope, I think you're right on the nose. I was always surprised that people took it at face value, too!
                                "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                                My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Working...
                                X