No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why is it that the only time elizabeth ever carried a weapon off world was in the return part 1? i mean i'm sure john probably thought her some basic training.

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
      My ears must have been burning. I'm fine, I just haven't been on-line as much lately. I'll be away a bit longer too, I'm about to head away on holiday for a wee bit. I'll be back again at some point, I've just been a bit pressed for time lately, what with one thing and another.
      Proof of life!

I'm sorry to hear about your job situation Falcon. I hope it works out for you in the long run. It can be a bit stressful when you're not working (that'll be me in a few months) but you're young, you're smart, and you're talented, so you'll find something
      Thank you for the encouragements.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*runs in after work*

So happy Spring Break starts next week! I need to sleep in so bad, it's not funny.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        In order to make video's you need to have the files on your harddrive. There's no other way around it really.

If you have the DVD's there are a multitude of free programs you can use to rip DVD's. There even exist plenty of tutorials on how to do such a thing, f.e. How To Rip A DVD?.

Then you'll also need to have a program which allows you to create a video of your own, such as Windows Movie Maker (if you're a Windows user - Mac has a similar program though I don't know what it's called), Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere. The latter two are not free for use (unless you acquire them through other means).
        You can download a trial version of those last two from their respective websites. If not, Windows Movie Maker comes standard on Windows, and if you know the tricks, you can make some pretteh cool vids.

I know that I can't use the episodes of SG-1 and SGA that I bought and downloaded from iTunes. They're protected. Grr.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        I've seen him pop up in other places, so I think he's okay. Don't know what's up with the online hiatus, but maybe we all need a break sometimes?
        *raises hand* I'll attest to that.

My ears must have been burning. I'm fine, I just haven't been on-line as much lately. I'll be away a bit longer too, I'm about to head away on holiday for a wee bit. I'll be back again at some point, I've just been a bit pressed for time lately, what with one thing and another.

I'm sorry to hear about your job situation Falcon. I hope it works out for you in the long run. It can be a bit stressful when you're not working (that'll be me in a few months) but you're young, you're smart, and you're talented, so you'll find something
        Good to see ya, gateraid. And sorry you'll be jobless soon. Seems to be an epidemic going around of joblessness.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        why is it that the only time elizabeth ever carried a weapon off world was in the return part 1? i mean i'm sure john probably thought her some basic training.
        I think it's because she, in general, is not the type of person who carries a gun. And Replicators aren't real people (except for any version of Elizabeth) so shooting them wouldn't be the same as shooting a human.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          ...Windows Movie Maker comes standard on Windows, and if you know the tricks, you can make some pretteh cool vids.
          But don't forget to save very often as WMM has a tendency to crash ... often.

I know that I can't use the episodes of SG-1 and SGA that I bought and downloaded from iTunes. They're protected. Grr.
          PM sent

Seems to be an epidemic going around of joblessness.
          It's called the economy (at least it is in my part of the verse).

Comment

sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

She's so totally checking out his back side...

Comment

Okay, who broke GW this time? Sheesh.

Now it's back, so where are all the Sparkies?
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I'd been checking all afternoon and night. Not back until about a half hour ago. GW withdrawal isn't pretty
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                    I'd been checking all afternoon and night. Not back until about a half hour ago. GW withdrawal isn't pretty
                    So I guess I woke up this morning and it fixed itself. Score!

Addiction? Not me. I can quit this anytime I want to. *twitches*
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      It seems to be a recurring feature...

After pressing F5 for the upteenth time they finally managed to pull themselves away... However, this means they are missing the come back of GW.

GW withdrawal isn't pretty
                      It's fascinating how addicted I am to this place.

Comment

Is there something happening on Sparky world that i have missed and should know about it? I mean according to older posts i read here and there, GW has crushed every time important things happened between Sparky, so since GW has broken/crushed twice this week i am wondering…

It's fascinating how addicted I am to this place.
                        Aren’t we all?!
                        sigpic
                        sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                          Is there something happening on Sparky world that i have missed and should know about it? I mean according to older posts i read here and there, GW has crushed every time important things happened between Sparky, so since GW has broken/crushed twice this week i am wondering…

Aren’t we all?!
                          Good conclusion. LOL GW is practicing up for the August Chicago con. If they both end up on stage together, it will be epic.
                          sigpic

Comment

But don't forget to save very often as WMM has a tendency to crash ... often.
                            Oh my God, this. WMM crashed so many times while I was making "Sparks Fly" that it reduced me to tears. Which makes me more determined to become adept at Sony Vegas.

PM sent
                            Seeing as how I've already bought all 5 seasons of SGA on DVD and am starting to accumulate SG-1 (which is probably still cheaper than iTunes) I think it's a moot point by now. LOL But thanks for the suggestion!

It's called the economy (at least it is in my part of the verse).
                            Yup.

I'm here. Hit refresh for the umpteenth time before I decided to go do laundry and assemble my new night stand from IKEA. Which I've been needing to do for a couple days.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              Oh no, I'm wearing red today!
                              I'm wearing maroon today. School color. It doesn't count, though, right?

Right?

Comment

And John's reaction to Lizzeh's concerns?

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...1791_manip.jpg
                                Oh. My. God. Hahahahahahahahaha!!! Where is that face from?!?!

Comment

Working...
                                X