Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    if you guys could pick a particular song to be john and elizabeth's own "theme song" what would it be?
    I know their song, in my opinion, is this one: Run . As for a song for John and Elizabeth individually, well I can’t think of any particular one right now, to any of them. I guess to me they will always be connected to one another.
    sigpic
    sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Question: anyone heard anything from Gateraid lately?
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Not a word. He'll turn up sooner or later. Sooner, I hope.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
          Sparks check on Amazon...over the summer I got the box set for $35. It was my treat to myself because life was pretty sucky at that point and I needed cheering up
          Wow, really? Thanks - I must keep an eye out for a good deal. One question I have, though, about making vids: is it necessary to have the episodes directly saved on my computer, or is it possible to make a vid just using episodes from DVDs? I'm asking because I would think that it'd be easier to just buy from something like Amazon Instant Video and download the episodes directly into my computer. If DVDs work, it might be a hassle to have to rip the episodes to save as computer files.

Or do I have any misconceptions here? I love to work with computer applications, but I haven't done a lot of movie and DVD making, so I'm not sure if I'm wrong about anything here.
          sigpic
          Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
          View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

i was talking to this young girl at the college i went to and she said she liked Justin Beiber (I grew up on classic bands such as aerosmith, beach boys, the rolling stones, johnny cash as well as some present music) and it made me think what kind of music do you think the kids of Sparky would listen too?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
              Wow, really? Thanks - I must keep an eye out for a good deal. One question I have, though, about making vids: is it necessary to have the episodes directly saved on my computer, or is it possible to make a vid just using episodes from DVDs? I'm asking because I would think that it'd be easier to just buy from something like Amazon Instant Video and download the episodes directly into my computer. If DVDs work, it might be a hassle to have to rip the episodes to save as computer files.

Or do I have any misconceptions here? I love to work with computer applications, but I haven't done a lot of movie and DVD making, so I'm not sure if I'm wrong about anything here.
              Unless they've gone back and changed them, the S1 DVDs can be downloaded directly to your computer. The other seasons are blocked so they have to be converted. I recorded the episodes directly from my TV to a DVD, so I don't know how it would be done now without buying them from iTunes or Amazon or somewhere. Hopefully, someone is still around with more recent info.
              sigpic

Comment

In order to make video's you need to have the files on your harddrive. There's no other way around it really.

If you have the DVD's there are a multitude of free programs you can use to rip DVD's. There even exist plenty of tutorials on how to do such a thing, f.e. How To Rip A DVD?.

Then you'll also need to have a program which allows you to create a video of your own, such as Windows Movie Maker (if you're a Windows user - Mac has a similar program though I don't know what it's called), Sony Vegas or Adobe Premiere. The latter two are not free for use (unless you acquire them through other means).

Comment

I've seen him pop up in other places, so I think he's okay. Don't know what's up with the online hiatus, but maybe we all need a break sometimes?
                  Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                    I've seen him pop up in other places, so I think he's okay. Don't know what's up with the online hiatus, but maybe we all need a break sometimes?
                    Very true. Could also be that he just has a lot of work right now that's eating into his fun time. I vaguely recall that's happened before.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh okay.... as long as he's okay, it's all good.

Comment

sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

My ears must have been burning. I'm fine, I just haven't been on-line as much lately. I'll be away a bit longer too, I'm about to head away on holiday for a wee bit. I'll be back again at some point, I've just been a bit pressed for time lately, what with one thing and another.

I'm sorry to hear about your job situation Falcon. I hope it works out for you in the long run. It can be a bit stressful when you're not working (that'll be me in a few months) but you're young, you're smart, and you're talented, so you'll find something
                          sigpic

Comment

sigpic
                            My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                            poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                              My ears must have been burning. I'm fine, I just haven't been on-line as much lately. I'll be away a bit longer too, I'm about to head away on holiday for a wee bit. I'll be back again at some point, I've just been a bit pressed for time lately, what with one thing and another.

I'm sorry to hear about your job situation Falcon. I hope it works out for you in the long run. It can be a bit stressful when you're not working (that'll be me in a few months) but you're young, you're smart, and you're talented, so you'll find something
                              You sure have good hearing. We miss your snark. It's been badly needed lately. Have a great vacation.
                              sigpic

Comment

sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Working...
                                X