X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Spoiler:
    He was turned into a Wraith.
    Oh, this I knew. I even thought initially that it was a cool plot twist with great potential for angst and teary-eyed team reunion at the end. I was quite eager to read it... but other things I was hearing about this series dampened my enthusiasm quite a bit.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    And not only that, but
    Spoiler:
    he stayed separated from the rest of the team for most of the series of books. I don't think they like him much, so it makes sense they would put him with their least favorite character, Elizabeth. I heard too that there is a bit of Todd/Jennifer. It's no wonder that these books are so unpopular in fandom. I don't know anybody who has read all of them. I gather the Wraith fans like them, but I don't know of any other group that does. As far as I know, a lot of the shippers who supposedly got what they wanted in the books haven't read them either. I'm not sure what the problem is. Maybe they don't like the way it was handled. I'm not curious enough to read and find out the details.
    Oh, they definitely don't like him. I found that out from a LJ friend who'dexhcnaged some PMs with them. Still, sometimes, when an author is good, even a disliked character can shine in his/her work. Too bad this doesn't seem to be the case with Rodney and Liz.

Spoiler:
    I'm still interested in the fallout from the whole "Rodney is a Wraith" thing. I heard Ronon hated him, or something. Ugh. If anyone finds out the details, I'd appreciate it if you shared them.

Comment

Since apparently I'm having a hormone surge day, here's some fun stuff:

John being super hot:

Elizabeth being super hot:

As to those books, I've read some of one author's fanfic and they were just dreadful. No thanks. I'd rather read SGA Rising, which has good characterization, good grammar, and good plot.

Comment

Anyway, that comes from the author's blog I believe and is indeed most unsatisfactory. I was hoping they would just leave her alone too.
        To me they are just showing how they indeed hated Elizabeth and worse than that, they are not having any consideration for her fans.

First they give us hope by letting us know that she ascended and is well and then they end up putting her once again in the same situation as in the show. Once again we do not know exactly what happened to her.

Originally posted by america126 View Post
        maybe it would have been better if they had never
        mentioned her at all!!! because honestly. i am still pretty mad about it and i know that some of you agree with me,
        I am totally agreeing with you, and I am guessing that equally as mad!

i only read the first two books and have no intention of finishing the book series ever.
        I was also not able to pass to the 3rd book. I would try to read the books if they would provide some kind of an answer for Elizabeth’s situation, but now, knowing what the end of Elizabeth will once again be, I really have no will to read them at all!

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
        Don't worry, I'm not afraid to be spoiled. I'm not going to read these books anyway. I'd read a summary if it was available, but I will not spend my money on them. So if you know what she did to Rodney's character, please tell me.
        Well
        Spoiler:
        I only red until the second book. But in the end of the first book, Rodney is kidnapped by the Wraith, then on the second book they turn Rodney in to a Wraith, he loses his memory and doesn’t remember who he is anymore. That’s when ascended Elizabeth comes to him in dreams to help him try and remember who he is. But I don’t know what happens next, I haven’t red any of the other books.

Spoiler:
        he stayed separated from the rest of the team for most of the series of books.
        She
        Spoiler:
        totally ruined the dynamic of the team.

Spoiler:
        Maybe they don't like the way it was handled. I'm not curious enough to read and find out the details.
        They
        Spoiler:
        turned the books in something that would never be viewed of TV, I mean I love fics in which I am reading and seeing the images in my head. The way they were handling the books, at least the two first ones, they didn’t allow me to view the images in my head.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        And just as importantly, the changes we do make enhance canon, rather than denying it. That's a big difference.
        I agree. You are able to make certain things or lets say certain characters, but maybe not only characters, but anyway, you allow us to see something beyond what’s there. You pay more attention to certain details, and I like that.

some bits of canon are things that we didn't like.
        But you are making certain bits of canon, which were not that, pleasant, more enjoyable.

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
        Oh, this I knew. I even thought initially that it was a cool plot twist with great potential for angst and teary-eyed team reunion at the end. I was quite eager to read it... but other things I was hearing about this series dampened my enthusiasm quite a bit.
        It is exactly the opposite; there are no teary-eyed emotions (well at least not on the first two books). The emotions that are presented there, to me, they are all wrong, they don’t make any sense at all.
        sigpic
        sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Thanks for all of the scoops on the books, the more I hear and read the more I’m glad that I never bought it.

That sucks what they apparently did to both Elizabeth and Rodney, both does deserve better and both deserves that the authors should have stuck with canon and not let their bias be shown, or at least not made it some strange thing that takes the characters off canon, but then again, they seem to like doing that so it’s not that surprising.
          sigpic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
              Thanks for all of the scoops on the books, the more I hear and read the more I’m glad that I never bought it.

That sucks what they apparently did to both Elizabeth and Rodney, both does deserve better and both deserves that the authors should have stuck with canon and not let their bias be shown, or at least not made it some strange thing that takes the characters off canon, but then again, they seem to like doing that so it’s not that surprising.
              The only surprising thing is that they got approved by MGM, which makes me think somebody over there paid no attention to the show or the fans.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/albums/atl_season5/511-TheLostTribe/screencaps/normal_PDVD_0154.JPG

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...tis/lizzie.png
              Still hormonal I see. Keep it up.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Two can play this game.

Spoiler:
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                  I agree. You are able to make certain things or lets say certain characters, but maybe not only characters, but anyway, you allow us to see something beyond what’s there. You pay more attention to certain details, and I like that.

But you are making certain bits of canon, which were not that, pleasant, more enjoyable.
                  Exactly. We're trying to put the cool back in Stargate again.

The only surprising thing is that they got approved by MGM, which makes me think somebody over there paid no attention to the show or the fans.
                  I've heard that the new leadership over at MGM following their reorganization and all that don't really care about the Stargate franchise. Pity they're so shortsighted, but oh well. *shrugs*

Great googly moogly!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Two can play this game.

Spoiler:
                    Guh.

Comment

Do you still have any doubts about it? I am absolutely sure they never paid any attention to the fans or the show, because if not things would not have ended the way they did.

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/albums/atl_season5/511-TheLostTribe/screencaps/normal_PDVD_0154.JPG

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...tis/lizzie.png
                      Two can play this game.

Spoiler:
                      I am enjoying this game. Please continue.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      I've heard that the new leadership over at MGM following their reorganization and all that don't really care about the Stargate franchise. Pity they're so shortsighted, but oh well. *shrugs*
                      They don’t seem to want to make good profit, I mean if they looked at the golden mine they have, if they would revive Stargate (specially Atlantis! ), they would make a fortune. There are so many fans eager to watch a continuation of the show.
                      sigpic
                      sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

The game continues.

Spoiler:

Comment

Good night all and sweet dreams.

Spoiler:
                          sigpic

Comment

And not only that, but
                            Spoiler:
                            he stayed separated from the rest of the team for most of the series of books. I don't think they like him much, so it makes sense they would put him with their least favorite character, Elizabeth. I heard too that there is a bit of Todd/Jennifer. It's no wonder that these books are so unpopular in fandom. I don't know anybody who has read all of them. I gather the Wraith fans like them, but I don't know of any other group that does. As far as I know, a lot of the shippers who supposedly got what they wanted in the books haven't read them either. I'm not sure what the problem is. Maybe they don't like the way it was handled. I'm not curious enough to read and find out the details.
                            Sounds like I should be very happy I've never even seen them anywhere to purchase them.
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Good night all and sweet dreams.

Spoiler:
                              Now that should give me some good dreams.

Comment

Now that should give me some good dreams.
                                I'll say, and I forgot to credit SGAFan. She does an amazing job with screen grabs.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X