No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i found this on Deviant art. it's a little promo for SGA Rising.

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&se...comic#/d3h5pc9

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Thanks for the review on 6 Bullets. I'm not an action fan and definitely not an JCVD fan so I wasn't planning on seeing it. I figure if I wait patiently someday all Joe's scenes will be condensed in a Youtube video.
      He was in it a lot, but I'm sure that will happen if it hasn't already.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
      Joe's wife in Six bullets was on SG-1. she played Dr. Daniel Jackson's former girlfriend sarah who was taken a host in SG-1 Season Four "The Curse" and was ridden of it in Season 7's "Chimera."
      I remember that character. She was a much better actor in SG-1. I've got to say when it comes to chemistry with Joe, most women I've seen him cast with just don't have it. I don't know what it is. Torri had it, as did a few others, and he always has great chem with kids.

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=§io...comic#/d3h5pc9
      Wow, that was fabulous. Thanks for telling us. I'm glad our fame has spread.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

It's Downton Abbey tonight!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
          It's Downton Abbey tonight!!!!!
          Blaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I don't know if I'll be around for The Tower. My aunt's away this week so I'm in full charge of my mom. If my mom is napping, then I'll be here. Otherwise, I won't get the time away. I look forward to reading all the snark though.

Comment

Ben Browder was great in Doctor Who last night, not so sure about the mustache

Comment

Hello everyone and happy Sunday.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Especially because TPTW could have prevented that failure oh-so easily, simply by having an actual plan, instead of just a handful of ideas that were never properly developed. What a waste. *sighs*
              Very true, though that would have required TPTB to sit down and communicate with each other and use their imagination and we all know that that was out of the question.

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
              Joe and Torri are both signed for next year's Chicago con. Time to start campaigning for a Sparky panel.
              Now that would be awesome, it makes me want to go.

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
              Hola sparkies! At the con I asked Torri if she would liked to have come back as Dark Weir or if they had any other plans. She actually pitched "Evil Weir" to tptw and they didn't like it. Probably because they didn't come up with it. Joe and Torri back in Chicago... I might have to pick that week for vacation next year.
              Had it been written write it could have worked out great but with TPTB’s writing one would never know however I agree with the bold part probably being the main reason.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              I just watched this video of Joe at the Fan Expo Canada con. Starting at around 41:30 is a Sparky question that goes slightly awry, but will make you ROTFL. Listen for the "fleshy fleshy union" line. Oh Joe, you slay me. Probably smart that he seems not to have paid any attention to any of the shippers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nDrskkAncU
              Thanks for the video, it was great.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                So I'm in the middle of looking back through several episodes on my Season 4 DVD. And So Thought I'd maybe jot down some of thoughts on seeing them.

Reunion: Watching this again was weird, I'd forgotten how I'd feel seeing it again. Quality wise, I felt it shot up and down really fast. Some scenes I remembered but didn't know how I'd feel watching them again. Others I had actually forgotten about.

- Rodney actually thought he was getting Elizabeth's job? That was idiotic. Even beyond how cavalier he was, why would he even want it?

- Ronon's "Weir would have never doubted me" line actually helped offset a lot of the annoyance I'd been feeling from the previous scene.

-One scene that I actually had totally forgotten about was John asking Sam to head to Asuras to save Elizabeth. Which is strange because it was a perfect example of what I thought was missing from most of the season. I think it shows that it wouldn't have been that hard to at least name drop her as much as she deserved. He even said "for most of us, this thing with Elizabeth isn't over."

Doppelganger: I remember we talked about how it was a huge missed opportunity to not have Elizabeth show up in John's nightmare. And that' true. The story still works as it is though, I think perhaps the biggest missed opportunity is not even mentioning her in the big climax of John's nightmare. They had the perfect opportunity when the entity was mocking John for Heightmeyer's death and McKay's "death." In fact it might have been a good moment for McKay when he showed up to save the day, as well as John, because both probably felt guilty about losing her and it might have given them an extra something to bond over in the episode.

Travelers: Ugh, it's pretty easy to see why I didn't care for the Larrin character, but I suspect I might have thought she made more sense on paper. I feel like the character would have worked with a bit of a personality overhaul because her execution didn't seem to match up to her idea. Also, I don't know if it's an intentional call back to "smarter John" from Season 1, but he was smart enough to fix an ancient control chair by himself in this episode. Most amusingly though, I discovered I've now retroactively recognized the actor who plays one of Larrin's goons from since watching shows that didn't exist back then.

The Seer: This one was one of my favorites and it was the one I mainly wanted to see again when I put the DVDs back in here. It felt like this was when the conflict first began to go to the next level, and to me there was a sense that really important things would happen now. And that feeling never really left until the end of the show for me, even in season 5. It's a pity they never really took full advantage.
                Exactly. There were a lot of missed opportunities like that in S4 and S5, moments where it wouldn't have been necessary to the story, but would have nonetheless added a lot of depth to have a mention of her name.
                I agree with these, there are many time they could have done something great with the character, whether it was mentioned or anything else, I do give them some credit for ‘Inquisition’ though because while it could have been done better it was some great flashbacks + they actually mentioned her:

WOOLSEY: We had an opportunity – one that wasn't going to present itself again. Believe me, councillors, this decision was not taken lightly. In fact, it cost us one of our best people.

SHIANA: One of your people died and you consider this a grave sacrifice?

WOOLSEY: As a matter of fact, I do.

But there are many other time it could have been done as well, just fun little tidbits like maybe in “The Daedalus Variations” they could have had the other John mention either Elizabeth or Carson (or both) just to show that the world is different (and who knows, maybe that reality had never encountered the Replicators), I also have to say on another topic how great the bad guys they in that episode were and wish they could have chosen to use them instead and skipped the Replicator arc all together since it had already been done on SG-1.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                - Ronon's "Weir would have never doubted me" line actually helped offset a lot of the annoyance I'd been feeling from the previous scene.
                You and me both. I seriously wanted to reach into the TV screen and hug Ronon for saying that.
                I just loved that part and I just loved the all too few scenes between Elizabeth and Ronon and things like that tells me that there were defiantly more of them than what we got to see, I mean we all know that it wasn’t easy for Ronon to suddenly trust the people of Atlantis, and while John was one thing because they were both warriors and Teyla was another because she was also a warrior but she is also a Pegasus native I think he could relate to them a lot but the others must have been harder and Elizabeth more than that since she was the leader and the decision maker but also because she is a diplomat who is used to using words rather than weapons and I can imagine that it took a while for both of them to know where they had the other and learn to work together but once they did I bet they had a specially kind of bond and a balance based on trust that worked for them and then when Elizabeth was gone I don’t think it was easy for him, heck I even bet that it was the hardest for him and John and I have the feeling that there were moment when the two of them could have at least attempted to talk about it. But either way it does make me wish that they would have done the Elizabeth/Ronon episode that they had planned.
                sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and... S-minus 5 hours and 44 minutes to The Tower! JT-2, SR, we're really gonna miss your special snark at the thon today!

And there's more bad news on the college football roundup: USC lost to Stanford 21-14, Virginia Tech lost to Pittsburgh 35-17, and Navy lost to Penn State, 34-7. The only bright spots were Georgia beating Florida Atlantic 56-20, while Air Force had a bye this week and thus avoided the wave of slaughter. Excuse me while I go join SR and the Marines in crying into our beer.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                  Thanks for the review on 6 Bullets. I'm not an action fan and definitely not an JCVD fan so I wasn't planning on seeing it. I figure if I wait patiently someday all Joe's scenes will be condensed in a Youtube video.
                  I know, right? I may just wait for that.

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=§io...comic#/d3h5pc9
                  Oh that is so cool! Thanks for sharing the link!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Thought I'd drop in two little snippets for you DA fans;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvDts...feature=relmfu
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twmT-...ture=endscreen

Comment

S-minus 1 hour and 15 minutes until The Tower!

Go Violet!
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

S-minus 1 hour and 15 minutes until The Tower!

Go Violet!
                        You gotta love Violet! Downton on in 20 mins

Comment

3 more minuets 'til Downton

Comment

S-minus 30 minutes to The Tower!

3 more minuets 'til Downton
                            Darn you. Just remember to use spoiler tags if you want to discuss anything in the new episodes here. Some people may want to wait until it airs here in the US before they know anything.

Comment

I’ve never seen ’Downtown Abbey’ but I’ve heard a lot of good things about it so I will have to check it out at some point.
                              sigpic

Comment

S-minus 30 minutes to The Tower!

Darn you. Just remember to use spoiler tags if you want to discuss anything in the new episodes here. Some people may want to wait until it airs here in the US before they know anything.
                                I'm not saying anything on the thread, if peole want to know they can PM me . All I will say is that the first part was amazing! It had funny parts and dramatic parts, exactly how Downton was and should be

Comment

Working...
                                X