No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I must say that I do love this game you have going on. A great thing to see right before you’re heading off to bed.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/albums/atl_season5/511-TheLostTribe/screencaps/normal_PDVD_0154.JPG
    I still think we could have gotten some more shirtless shep pics, though while I get if Joe didn’t want to do it, it certainly would have helped make up for all those McKay shirtless scene we got.

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n635/mathgirl1248/Stargate%20Atlantis/lizzie.png
    Flawless.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    The only surprising thing is that they got approved by MGM, which makes me think somebody over there paid no attention to the show or the fans.
    Who knows, but then again, they didn’t do it while the show was on the air, it might have been too much to expect that they would once the show was cancelled *shrug*
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
      I believe that John might even be jealous of the fact that Teyla did everything she could to go and save / find Kanaan, while he wasn’t able to do that in what concerned Elizabeth.
      I hadn't thought about that before, but that's another interesting way to look at it. Teyla put in all of her energy into searching for her people, and she was rewarded for her efforts, whereas John wasn't able to, so of course Elizabeth wasn't with him in the end. John probably feels that he doesn't deserve to be happy, because he didn't try hard enough to bring Elizabeth back.

Elizabeth passed out on the control room, but while John was carrying her to the infirmary she woke up, but he told her to rest and that he was taking her to the infirmary, so since she was a little bit awake, she hold on more tightly to John. (Of course we don’t see this happening, but that’s what i think, in my head, that happened, that’s the perfect explanation for her to be holding him like that. )
      I like that explanation a lot. It's just like how Ronon found Teyla in the hallway and how he helped her up, only here, Elizabeth was too weak and couldn't walk by herself; consequently, John insisted on carrying her. Contrary to if Elizabeth had been completely unconscious and didn't remember what had happened at all, here, she would have remembered that John had carried her. *Sighs* Isn't that sweet?

That might also explain Elizabeth's loud "thank you" in the end. I never did get that line, actually. Does anyone know whom exactly she is thanking - John or Zelenka? And what exactly she is thanking him for?

Regarding the Legacy books, I can say that I had been aware of them from surfing the Web, but I had never known what kind of stories they were before learning about them on this thread. Several things do greatly surprise me, such as the deviation from canon and the appalling treatment of fan-favorite characters. However, I have to agree that what's most alarming is MGM's approval of the series. It's clear that the authors don't do the characters and the original show any justice, and it confounds me how the authors can get away with something like this.

Atlantis Rising will always be my Season 6. To me, that is canon, and it is also so much more.
      sigpic
      Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
      View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

So is Torri by the way...
        true fax and she gives amazing hugs and is super *normal* which is awesome....(sorry...reread my lj posts from meeting her in LA when I saw her in Much Ado About Nothing and from Shore Leave and feeling very flaily and fangirlie again )

Since apparently I'm having a hormone surge day, here's some fun stuff:

John being super hot:

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...gifs/vegas.gif

Elizabeth being super hot:

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...ss-Torri-1.gif
        yum and yum and oh how I love me some bad-ass Lizzie! *happy sigh*

I was enjoying your game...keep going!

and america126 I just finished "Beautiful Creatures" and can't wait to read the next book. I took my sister on a V-day date to see the movie and I loved it!!! (I'd love to know what you think)
        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
          I like that explanation a lot. It's just like how Ronon found Teyla in the hallway and how he helped her up, only here, Elizabeth was too weak and couldn't walk by herself; consequently, John insisted on carrying her. Contrary to if Elizabeth had been completely unconscious and didn't remember what had happened at all, here, she would have remembered that John had carried her. *Sighs* Isn't that sweet?

That might also explain Elizabeth's loud "thank you" in the end. I never did get that line, actually. Does anyone know whom exactly she is thanking - John or Zelenka? And what exactly she is thanking him for?
          Well, while that would have been sweet I do believe that the loud thank you was just a response to John’s thank you. I mean the lines in the scene go something like:

Zelenka : Most of them are gone now. They began dispersing almost immediately.

John: Without as much as a thank you.

Elizabeth: NO, THANK YOU!

And it was just that she couldn’t hear much and just heard John say ‘thank you’ and maybe she thought that he was thanking someone else and wanted to make sure the he knew that she knew that it was John’s idea that saved them. Though I don’t doubt that she was also aware of what he did for her personally and wanted to thank him for that as well (though she probably saved that specific thank you until later )
          sigpic

Comment

That pic has something missing...
            Spoiler:
            sigpic

Comment

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I hadn't thought about that before, but that's another interesting way to look at it. Teyla put in all of her energy into searching for her people, and she was rewarded for her efforts, whereas John wasn't able to, so of course Elizabeth wasn't with him in the end. John probably feels that he doesn't deserve to be happy, because he didn't try hard enough to bring Elizabeth back.

Regarding the Legacy books, I can say that I had been aware of them from surfing the Web, but I had never known what kind of stories they were before learning about them on this thread. Several things do greatly surprise me, such as the deviation from canon and the appalling treatment of fan-favorite characters. However, I have to agree that what's most alarming is MGM's approval of the series. It's clear that the authors don't do the characters and the original show any justice, and it confounds me how the authors can get away with something like this.

Atlantis Rising will always be my Season 6. To me, that is canon, and it is also so much more.
                It's all very puzzling to me too. When the news of those books first came out and we learned more about the authors, I was extremely appalled that someone who wrote fanfic of a very shippy nature with absolutely horrible characterization of just about everybody was chosen. The treatment of Teyla alone in both the fics and the books is just the polar opposite of the demure, (She had no control over the wardrobe. LOL)spiritual, moral leader that we saw on screen. It seems like the only requirement was that you be a published author. So they submitted an idea for the stories and got accepted. I think they played down the ship and worked it into the books later. The remaining question is how they got away with some of the situations that are so very removed from canon, when they promised from the beginning that they would be strictly following said canon. Read the reviews on Amazon and you'll see that the major complaint people have is the ship and the characterization. Also, most people who don't like a book don't bother to review. It's only those who love something who run to review it.

Also realize that no matter what we say about the books, we'll always be accused of not liking them because of the ship.

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                true fax and she gives amazing hugs and is super *normal* which is awesome....(sorry...reread my lj posts from meeting her in LA when I saw her in Much Ado About Nothing and from Shore Leave and feeling very flaily and fangirlie again )

yum and yum and oh how I love me some bad-ass Lizzie! *happy sigh*

I was enjoying your game...keep going!

and america126 I just finished "Beautiful Creatures" and can't wait to read the next book. I took my sister on a V-day date to see the movie and I loved it!!! (I'd love to know what you think)
                I'm sorry I didn't get to meet Torri, but I can add that Joe gives amazing hugs too. He doesn't seem the least bit shy to just pull you right close and squeeze. Or maybe he just felt comfy with an old broad who he thought knew wouldn't do anything inappropriate.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                Lord lady, you have killed me dead. This is the best game we've ever played.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                  Sounds like I should be very happy I've never even seen them anywhere to purchase them.
                  Yeah, you aren’t missing anything, believe me!

Teyla put in all of her energy into searching for her people,
                  Teyla always did her best to keep her people safe and when they disappeared she didn’t rest until she found them. But Teyla doesn’t exactly have rules to follow, so she is more at ease to do whatever it takes to achieve her objectives.

John probably feels that he doesn't deserve to be happy, because he didn't try hard enough to bring Elizabeth back.
                  John probably feels that, yes. That’s why he does his best to protect his friends instead, he wants them to be happy, since he, in a way, ruined his chance of being happy.

I always thought that since John was in a way complaining that the whales didn’t thank them for their help/protection, Elizabeth decided to thank him instead. But it can have a double meaning, she might have been thanking him also for the fact he carried her to the infirmary. Or maybe since Elizabeth wasn’t hearing very well then, maybe she only heard part of what John was saying and when she heard the part “thank you” she might have thought that he was teasing her about the fact she might not have yet thanked him for helping her to the infirmary and that’s way she said “thank you” then. Whatever the reason though, i thought that part was quite funny!

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                  That pic has something missing...
                  Spoiler:
                  Oh my gosh, Nolamom, you are absolutely amazing!!!! I am loving this game more and more!!! *squeeee*

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Also realize that no matter what we say about the books, we'll always be accused of not liking them because of the ship.
                  I have to be honest, part of my disliking of the books was because of the ship, not because of the ship portrait there, but how it was being written, if it would have been more subtle, i don’t know (well i would probably not read it anyway). But a ship that suddenly appears from nowhere and having in consederation the lack of truth in what concerned Teyla’s personality there, makes me, i don’t know, eew it. Also what they did to Rodney didn’t make me feel happy at all. And now knowing what the end of Elizabeth will once again be, my bad feelings towards the books definitely increased.
                  sigpic
                  sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Teyla always did her best to keep her people safe and when they disappeared she didn’t rest until she found them. But Teyla doesn’t exactly have rules to follow, so she is more at ease to do whatever it takes to achieve her objectives.
                    Teyla did have to follow the rules set by the expedition. There's a multitude on examples where she's made aware of that (f.e. when she wants go and find Kanaan and Carter won't let her go without a very good reason).

As far as the books go, I hate what they did to the Athosians, to Teyla and Kanaan, and how they threat the characters.

Comment

Teyla did have to follow the rules set by the expedition.
                      In a way she did, but it would be easier for her to leave the expedition and continue the search for her people on her own, if she wanted to. Remember that once she told Carter that she didn’t need permission to do what she wanted to do, that at the time was to go to that planet where she had bought that necklace, if i am not mistaken it was on that episode in which she ends up being kidnapped.

There's a multitude on examples where she's made aware of that (f.e. when she wants go and find Kanaan and Carter won't let her go without a very good reason).
                      There, that’s precisely on that occasion that Teyla says that she doesn’t need permission to go.
                      sigpic
                      sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Yes, but Teyla and Ronon have information that the expedition or Earth wouldn't like to see in enemy hands, hence why they are bound to the same rules.

Comment

I agree with that, but if someday they would want to leave i am sure they would, no one would /could force them to stay. Remember Ronon had once the intention of leaving, when he found his friends from Sateda in “Reunion”. And although both Ronon and Teyla are now part of the expedition, there are special rules for them, i mean not all the rules will apply to them. If not Woolsey would not have asked them if they wanted to stay in Pegasus when they were going to Earth on the last episode. If they were really part of the expedition now, (well they are but they are, lets say, kind of consultants, in the lack of a better word, i mean both of them were invited to join the expedition) they both would have to go to where Atlantis would go, no matter if in Pegasus or in another galaxy.
                          sigpic

Comment

The reason they probably were allowed to stay in the first place is because they don't know the way to Earth. Yes, they've been there but they don't know its location. Since the city was leaving as a whole it didn't matter if they would reveal its location, it wasn't there anymore.

Teyla and Ronon staying when Atlantis left was probably in the assumption they would soon return to continue their fight against the Wraith taking over the galaxy. However, since the show ended that is left to discussion of course... Teyla leaving her people behind after having to go to hell and back to find them would be quite out of character (IMO).

Comment

Yes, but Teyla and Ronon have information that the expedition or Earth wouldn't like to see in enemy hands, hence why they are bound to the same rules.
                              This brings up the often wrong statement that John was not Teyla's boss. Yes, she could leave any time she wanted to, but when she was on the team, she answered to John. Just like Ronon willingly did and Rodney did because it was his job.

I agree with that, but if someday they would want to leave i am sure they would, no one would /could force them to stay. Remember Ronon had once the intention of leaving, when he found his friends from Sateda in “Reunion”. And although both Ronon and Teyla are now part of the expedition, there are special rules for them, i mean not all the rules will apply to them. If not Woolsey would not have asked them if they wanted to stay in Pegasus when they were going to Earth on the last episode. If they were really part of the expedition now, (well they are but they are, lets say, kind of consultants, in the lack of a better word, i mean both of them were invited to join the expedition) they both would have to go to where Atlantis would go, no matter if in Pegasus or in another galaxy.
                              Yes, they could leave the expedition any time they wanted to, but when working with them they had to follow whatever rules applied. They were like what we call "civilian contractors" in the US. Things get a bit fuzzy between the IOA and the military, but the same rules applied to all the expedition, both civilian and military. The military also had their own set of rules to follow, and when they were out with the team, John was the ultimate authority, and he used his military training to direct the missions.

The reason they probably were allowed to stay in the first place is because they don't know the way to Earth. Yes, they've been there but they don't know its location. Since the city was leaving as a whole it didn't matter if they would reveal its location, it wasn't there anymore.

Teyla and Ronon staying when Atlantis left was probably in the assumption they would soon return to continue their fight against the Wraith taking over the galaxy. However, since the show ended that is left to discussion of course... Teyla leaving her people behind after having to go to hell and back to find them would be quite out of character (IMO).
                              As would leaving her mate behind and going to Earth with the city in EatG, as some claim. Even Mallozzi himself said Kanaan went on that trip, but that is something else certain books got wrong.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

In a way she did, but it would be easier for her to leave the expedition and continue the search for her people on her own, if she wanted to. Remember that once she told Carter that she didn’t need permission to do what she wanted to do, that at the time was to go to that planet where she had bought that necklace, if i am not mistaken it was on that episode in which she ends up being kidnapped.
                                Sure, she could have left, but if she had, she wouldn't have had the expedition's resources to help her in the search. That would've made it harder in the long run, not easier.

Well, when EatG was written, TPTW were still assuming there would be a Season 6 and that presumably the city would return to Pegasus in the first couple of episodes. Best-laid plans, and all that...
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X