Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    I think Mallozzi actually did say once or twice that that was the plan: to rescue her, then send her back to Earth to recover, with the implication of future appearances as needed. But since certain other plans for ship were torpedoed by real life events, well...

Not that it really matters much any more. And you're right, what we ended up with suits me just fine. Gimme a plothole the size of Swiss cheese, I'll fly a 747 through it.
    A few of us (including Lythisrose) were discussing this on one of the general threads... about having a season 6 or 7. While I'd love to dream that they would have brought back Torri in a good way, and the show would have been good.... I just can't believe it would have happened. I think if the show had gone on, they would have brought over Daniel and the show would have been all about Daniel, Rodney, and Jennifer. Blech. Ronon might have left the show. I'm thinking they would have sidelined John even more than they were already.

So yeah, I'm also glad it stopped where it did.

Comment

And let me say that I really do like Rodney's character. And I liked Daniel in SG-1. But the two of them together in those mid season 5 episodes...... OMG I wanted to smack them both very, very hard.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        And let me say that I really do like Rodney's character. And I liked Daniel in SG-1. But the two of them together in those mid season 5 episodes...... OMG I wanted to smack them both very, very hard.
        Me too, especially when they made fun of John.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Yup!

Another Sparky confession from Tumblr:

Thank you, Joe, for bringing your A game.

Comment

Malozzi, your bias is showing, in fact, it's canonized.
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
              I can imagine the ship rivalries ran wild! What were the most intense ones?
              There were different rivalries at different times, but the most intense ones never stopped being intense. They were just bound by rules - GW rules - or take it elsewhere.

Yes indeed and sad, but true. Who will ever know what season 6 could have brought? Oh wait...
              *snort*

It's probably my cynical nature, but I truly doubt he would have ever brought back Torri. It's easy enough for him to say that stuff now, when it's all in the past and nothing he says can be brought back to him.

I still think he's a bozo. (PG version)
              What she said. Me and Mallozzi will never be friends again, no matter what he says. He provoked the Lemming big time, and the Lemming bit back.
              And being featured on his blog was rather interesting I might add... had to share that occasion with g.o.d but hey I couldn't help that.

I thought that same thing. He's blowing smoke as usual, but we'll take it. At this point, it's all water under the bridge anyway.
              Yeah, and that too.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                What she said. Me and Mallozzi will never be friends again, no matter what he says. He provoked the Lemming big time, and the Lemming bit back.
                And being featured on his blog was rather interesting I might add... had to share that occasion with g.o.d but hey I couldn't help that.
                JT2.jpg

sparky_ruffle3.gif

Comment

Oh hell yeah!

Comment

Well in what concerns the documentary
                    Spoiler:
                    well it seems I really should apologise to you all, since I watched that part with RL again and it seems that what she actually says is “love affair” and not “love story”, as I had pointed out at first. I am truly sorry for the mistake, I guess my wish of wanting her to say “love story” made me hear things, not to mention French is not my language or even a language that I speak.

By the way, besides watching that part again, I watched the rest of the documentary, but this time I did it with headphones, and guess what, we can still hear them speak in English, although it is a little bit annoying hearing both languages at the same time.

But the rest of the documentary talks about the end of Atlantis, we see everyone hugging and they are all sad because it was the end, (by the way, we only see Joe’s backs when he is hugging Jewel Staite there in that part). Oh and then they also focus Rachel there in that part because she is thanking everyone and she is all sad and for someone who doesn’t know the show and watches this part, they will all think she was the main star of the show. Oh well…

Then they talk about this film (or something like that), David Hewlett, his sister, Paul M. and RL did. Then they talk about when fans demanded Carson’s return to the show, (and before you ask, no they didn’t even mention Elizabeth, not a single word!) once again Carl Binder says that he would usually check the internet to see what the reactions of the fans to certain changes in the show were, (but once again they didn’t talk about Elizabeth) and then the rest of the documentary was more fan orientated, I mean they talked about the conventions, the merchandise available and things like that, but like they usually say that the best is usually saved for last, yes, we ended up seeing Torri in one convention, they showed a little bit of her panel, they didn’t talk to her/interviewed her, we just saw/listened her talking with the fans in the panel and that was it. So I think in what concerns Sparky, this documentary was a total fiasco, I didn’t like it at all, on the other hand if you are a fan of the franchise in general, I am not sure how to describe it, I am guessing it wasn’t that bad, but this is only my opinion.

Once again I am sorry for the mistake. And once again I would like to say that I don’t speak French and I really would like that someone who actually speaks it would watch it in order to check if I haven’t made any more mistakes. Thank you everyone for reading this “report”.
                    sigpic
                    sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

This documentary was made for French television. I'll watch it friday, since I don't actually have time to watch it in between now and then. I'll see what more I can get from it. French should technically speaking be my second language (it's the second official language of Belgium) but it's not, it comes in third, right before German.

Comment

Hi guys,

Am really happy as have found out that Torri will be at Collectormaina in Milton Keynes in May. Was planning to go anyway but now so excited!!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
                          In case anyone is interested, I stumbled across this poll on GateWorld a while ago. It's called, "What is your favorite Het pairing on Atlantis?"
                          Thank you for telling us about the poll. I am so happy to know the results!!!! I have red some of the comments there and some made me smile but others really made my eyes roll, LOL!

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                          Some of you might not care to go to JMallozz's blog but he's doing a review of the episodes (he doesn't really go into much depth about them though). Here is what he posted about Ghost in The Machine:

GHOST IN THE MACHINE (505)
                          Another one of Carl Binder’s infernal “ghost” episodes! Have to hand it to him though. He was damn good at them.

This one was bittersweet for a host of reasons, the chiefest, of course, being the fact that it marked the final appearance of Elizabeth Weir (in new replicator form, mind you). The original ending was a little more open-ended but, once were unable to secure Torri for a return appearance, it was decided to rewrite the script and offer closure to that particular storyline. I often like to think that, if things had turned out differently – IF the show had been picked up for a sixth season and IF Torri had been amenable to a return appearance – we could have found a way to re-introduce the real Weir to the Stargate universe. In my mind, Oberoth’s claim to have killed the real Elizabeth was an obvious lie. Why dispose of such a valuable asset, someone with such intimate knowledge of Atlantis and the Stargate program? It’s more probable that Oberoth kept Elizabeth in stasis at a secret location – only to perish with that knowledge.

Somewhere out there in the Pegasus Galaxy, Elizabeth Weir is waiting to be rescued!
                          Is it my impression or in a way J Mallozz is putting the blames, of how Elizabeth’s final storyline ended up being, on Torri? (Well it might be only my impression. )

Originally posted by Annelantis View Post
                          Hi Pearl, I just took the time to read your summary of the documentary as I can't really understand French. I agree with you. Of all the things you wrote the thing that angered me most while being a Sparky shipper is that Weir does not seem to get props for her role as a woman. I don't know about any of you but of all the incarnations of Stargate I think that Elizabeth Weir is by far the best female character and the strongest. Okay, so she's not a fighter but she is so much more. She is a strong, independant intelligent woman who uses the power of words as her weapon. She ins incredible.

If my daughter grows up to be a Stargate fan I would want her to see Weir as a role model - because she is a great woman in the truest sense of the words
                          Thank you for reading it, Annelantis. It really looked that Elizabeth had never existed in the Stargate franchise, although I have to give them some credit because they sure showed some scenes with her, but I couldn’t exactly understand the point of it, since they never spoke about her, I mean for someone who was hearing about the Stargate franchise for the first time, I am sure they were not able to understand who that character, they showed quite a few times, was since they never mentioned her.

I agree with what you said about Elizabeth, she is by far my favourite female character in Stargate!! One doesn’t need to be a fighter to be strong, and Elizabeth sure was able to prove us that.

Definitely. Just imagine if they had brought her back and then sent her to Earth to "recuperate" or whatever. We would have had to wait and speculate if she would be back. They might have included her for a bit on any Earth-based ep, and considering where we know they were going eventually with ship, we would have had to watch her be all happy for John when they hooked him up with someone else. I'll take just what we got, thank you very much.
                          And I agree, that if we look at how they were planning to bring Elizabeth back on a possible season 6, they ended up doing a great thing by finishing the series where and the way they finished it, no way I would like to have seen Elizabeth being found to then be sent to Earth and then with only the possibility of us seeing her again who knows when and how often. My faith is now in “Atlantis Rising”, that for me is already the best season 6 that could ever have happen to SGA!!!!!

Yeah, I also didn’t like that at all!!!
                          sigpic
                          sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            This documentary was made for French television. I'll watch it friday, since I don't actually have time to watch it in between now and then. I'll see what more I can get from it. French should technically speaking be my second language (it's the second official language of Belgium) but it's not, it comes in third, right before German.
                            I will thank you hugely if you were able to do that, yes!

Originally posted by Annelantis View Post
                            Hi guys,

Am really happy as have found out that Torri will be at Collectormaina in Milton Keynes in May. Was planning to go anyway but now so excited!!!!!
                            Hi Annelantis,

Be sure to tell us all about it!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Me three.

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                              Is it my impression or in a way J Mallozz is putting the blames, of how Elizabeth’s final storyline ended up being, on Torri? (Well it might be only my impression. )
                              Previous comments he's made about the situation with Torri have also given that impression (at least, to me). Given a similar pattern of shunning Joe Flanigan that many of us have noticed, it wouldn't surprise me at all if that's what he's doing here. Ingrate.

Shame about that documentary, especially since we'd heard that the French fans were supposedly really supportive of Sparky.
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

sigpic
                                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X