Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    No answer to the email I sent last night. Now I'm worried.
    Joins in worrying. Come out come out where ever you are SW. There are plenty of people here worrying about your well being!!
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
      Joins in worrying. Come out come out where ever you are SW. There are plenty of people here worrying about your well being!!
      I think Im Extra worried.
      BALCONIES
      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
      sigpic

Comment

No answer to the email I sent last night. Now I'm worried.
        *also joins the worrying bandwagon*

SW, we miss you!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I just watched this video of Joe at the Fan Expo Canada con. Starting at around 41:30 is a Sparky question that goes slightly awry, but will make you ROTFL. Listen for the "fleshy fleshy union" line. Oh Joe, you slay me. Probably smart that he seems not to have paid any attention to any of the shippers.

sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

So I'm in the middle of looking back through several episodes on my Season 4 DVD. And So Thought I'd maybe jot down some of thoughts on seeing them.

Reunion: Watching this again was weird, I'd forgotten how I'd feel seeing it again. Quality wise, I felt it shot up and down really fast. Some scenes I remembered but didn't know how I'd feel watching them again. Others I had actually forgotten about.

- Rodney actually thought he was getting Elizabeth's job? That was idiotic. Even beyond how cavalier he was, why would he even want it?

- Ronon's "Weir would have never doubted me" line actually helped offset a lot of the annoyance I'd been feeling from the previous scene.

-One scene that I actually had totally forgotten about was John asking Sam to head to Asuras to save Elizabeth. Which is strange because it was a perfect example of what I thought was missing from most of the season. I think it shows that it wouldn't have been that hard to at least name drop her as much as she deserved. He even said "for most of us, this thing with Elizabeth isn't over."

Doppelganger: I remember we talked about how it was a huge missed opportunity to not have Elizabeth show up in John's nightmare. And that' true. The story still works as it is though, I think perhaps the biggest missed opportunity is not even mentioning her in the big climax of John's nightmare. They had the perfect opportunity when the entity was mocking John for Heightmeyer's death and McKay's "death." In fact it might have been a good moment for McKay when he showed up to save the day, as well as John, because both probably felt guilty about losing her and it might have given them an extra something to bond over in the episode.

Travelers: Ugh, it's pretty easy to see why I didn't care for the Larrin character, but I suspect I might have thought she made more sense on paper. I feel like the character would have worked with a bit of a personality overhaul because her execution didn't seem to match up to her idea. Also, I don't know if it's an intentional call back to "smarter John" from Season 1, but he was smart enough to fix an ancient control chair by himself in this episode. Most amusingly though, I discovered I've now retroactively recognized the actor who plays one of Larrin's goons from since watching shows that didn't exist back then.

The Seer: This one was one of my favorites and it was the one I mainly wanted to see again when I put the DVDs back in here. It felt like this was when the conflict first began to go to the next level, and to me there was a sense that really important things would happen now. And that feeling never really left until the end of the show for me, even in season 5. It's a pity they never really took full advantage.
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

*ignores Doppelganger*
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Speaking of which, my PC is messed up at the moment and it had a tendency to switch back and forth into the commentary audio, so I got to hear a few moments of commentary for each episode I watched.

I don't know if you've ever listened to the commentary for Doppelganger, but I distinctly remember one line where they were talking about Heightmeyer and thinking "Oh... Falcon Horus is going to be *pissed* if she hears what he said there."
                  Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 13 September 2012, 10:24 AM.
                  "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                    Speaking of which, my PC is messed up at the moment and it had a tendency to switch back and forth into the commentary audio, so I got to hear a few moments of commentary for each episode I watched.

I don't know if you've ever listened to the commentary for Doppelganger, but I distinctly remember one line where they were talking about Heightmeyer and thinking "Oh... Falcon Horus is going to be *pissed* if she hears what he said there."
                    I don't own season 4 or 5 on DVD, but I do know which line you are talking about (I think Probie told me then) and yes PO'd this one is.

Comment

I just watched this video of Joe at the Fan Expo Canada con. Starting at around 41:30 is a Sparky question that goes slightly awry, but will make you ROTFL. Listen for the "fleshy fleshy union" line. Oh Joe, you slay me. Probably smart that he seems not to have paid any attention to any of the shippers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nDrskkAncU
                      And then there's that part where he's kidding around about him and Rainbow. OMGLMAO! Oh Joe, you are such a riot!

So I'm in the middle of looking back through several episodes on my Season 4 DVD. And So Thought I'd maybe jot down some of thoughts on seeing them.

Reunion: Watching this again was weird, I'd forgotten how I'd feel seeing it again. Quality wise, I felt it shot up and down really fast. Some scenes I remembered but didn't know how I'd feel watching them again. Others I had actually forgotten about.

- Rodney actually thought he was getting Elizabeth's job? That was idiotic. Even beyond how cavalier he was, why would he even want it?

- Ronon's "Weir would have never doubted me" line actually helped offset a lot of the annoyance I'd been feeling from the previous scene.
                      You and me both. I seriously wanted to reach into the TV screen and hug Ronon for saying that.

-One scene that I actually had totally forgotten about was John asking Sam to head to Asuras to save Elizabeth. Which is strange because it was a perfect example of what I thought was missing from most of the season. I think it shows that it wouldn't have been that hard to at least name drop her as much as she deserved. He even said "for most of us, this thing with Elizabeth isn't over."

Doppelganger: I remember we talked about how it was a huge missed opportunity to not have Elizabeth show up in John's nightmare. And that' true. The story still works as it is though, I think perhaps the biggest missed opportunity is not even mentioning her in the big climax of John's nightmare. They had the perfect opportunity when the entity was mocking John for Heightmeyer's death and McKay's "death." In fact it might have been a good moment for McKay when he showed up to save the day, as well as John, because both probably felt guilty about losing her and it might have given them an extra something to bond over in the episode.
                      Exactly. There were a lot of missed opportunities like that in S4 and S5, moments where it wouldn't have been necessary to the story, but would have nonetheless added a lot of depth to have a mention of her name.

As for why Weir didn't appear in Doppelganger, TPTW probably just didn't want to pay Torri for another episode.

Travelers: Ugh, it's pretty easy to see why I didn't care for the Larrin character, but I suspect I might have thought she made more sense on paper. I feel like the character would have worked with a bit of a personality overhaul because her execution didn't seem to match up to her idea. Also, I don't know if it's an intentional call back to "smarter John" from Season 1, but he was smart enough to fix an ancient control chair by himself in this episode. Most amusingly though, I discovered I've now retroactively recognized the actor who plays one of Larrin's goons from since watching shows that didn't exist back then.
                      I see what you're saying about Larrin; looked like a good idea on paper, but sucked in execution. Which admittedly could be said about a lot of things. It's been a while since I've seen that one (I'm going to wait until we get there with the post-a-thon), but I had totally forgotten the bit about John fixing the Ancient control chair. I iz a bad John fangurl!

The Seer: This one was one of my favorites and it was the one I mainly wanted to see again when I put the DVDs back in here. It felt like this was when the conflict first began to go to the next level, and to me there was a sense that really important things would happen now. And that feeling never really left until the end of the show for me, even in season 5. It's a pity they never really took full advantage.
                      I felt that way about both The Seer and later with The Last Man. That they were trying to lay the groundwork for future stories, dropping hints about things yet to come. We ended up with some pretty good payoffs from both episodes, both intentional and not so intentional. But I agree, they didn't go as far as they could have.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      I don't own season 4 or 5 on DVD, but I do know which line you are talking about (I think Probie told me then) and yes PO'd this one is.
                      Uh oh. Should I start passing out flak jackets?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Uh oh. Should I start passing out flak jackets?

Depends on who they are for?

Comment

sigpic
                          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Hello Sparkys happy WEEKEND!
                            BALCONIES
                            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                            sigpic

Comment

I still get what if scenario's from Reunion. like what if the IOA decided to give command of atlantis to not just Sheppard but Rodney as well? or what if John did take the job to become leader of atlantis? would he risk court martial and lead a small strike force back to Asuras to rescue Elizabeth? Who would take over as leader of his team? Major Lorne?

OT NOTE: I reached 6,000posts. holy buckets.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                                I still get what if scenario's from Reunion. like what if the IOA decided to give command of atlantis to not just Sheppard but Rodney as well? or what if John did take the job to become leader of atlantis? would he risk court martial and lead a small strike force back to Asuras to rescue Elizabeth? Who would take over as leader of his team? Major Lorne?

OT NOTE: I reached 6,000posts. holy buckets.
                                Those are very good "what ifs." I think John would absolutely have gone to try a rescue if he had been in charge. He was almost begging Carter to give him permission. The only complaint I have, and again this comes down to the writing, is that he was OOC by being so patient and following orders. Where was that rebel Sheppard from S1?
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X