No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My only problem with this part - is Liz meant to be unconscious here? Then how does she hold on to Shep like that? She lets go when he places her on the bed. I haven't watched it in ages, I may be over thinking this. I do think its sweet how he carries her like that
    I am Queen McBeck of McTennantLand,
    traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McBecklover View Post
      My only problem with this part - is Liz meant to be unconscious here? Then how does she hold on to Shep like that? She lets go when he places her on the bed. I haven't watched it in ages, I may be over thinking this. I do think its sweet how he carries her like that
      You're not the first person who thought about this, trust me. It was much discussed when the episode first aired. If I remember correctly, we were told that it was necessary so Joe could carry her without dropping her and just one of those little details that needed a healthy dose of handwaving. Torri is quite tall, and despite how thin she is, she is still a difficult armful to manage.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        You're not the first person who thought about this, trust me. It was much discussed when the episode first aired. If I remember correctly, we were told that it was necessary so Joe could carry her without dropping her and just one of those little details that needed a healthy dose of handwaving. Torri is quite tall, and despite how thin she is, she is still a difficult armful to manage.
        Oh. Ok then, yes I see why it was necessary. I'll just ignore that next time I watch it, knowing it can't be avoided.
        traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by america126 View Post
          i read all the reviews for the last legacy book and neither of them says anything about john and Teyla ending up together. not a word. it's weird and i think the authors may have changed their minds about it.
          Did they mention anything about Elizabeth, even if it wasn’t “ship” related?

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
          And I think it's not only jealousy I'm discussing here at this point, but also self-blame. Every time he looks at Teyla and Kanann, he cuts himself down, because he blames himself for not going back for Elizabeth. He believes it's his own fault that he's not happy, and he wallows in darkness and self-deprecation as a result.
          I believe that John might even be jealous of the fact that Teyla did everything she could to go and save / find Kanaan, while he wasn’t able to do that in what concerned Elizabeth.

Originally posted by McBecklover View Post
          Elizabeth passed out on the control room, but while John was carrying her to the infirmary she woke up, but he told her to rest and that he was taking her to the infirmary, so since she was a little bit awake, she hold on more tightly to John. (Of course we don’t see this happening, but that’s what i think, in my head, that happened, that’s the perfect explanation for her to be holding him like that. )
          sigpic
          sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
            Elizabeth passed out on the control room, but while John was carrying her to the infirmary she woke up, but he told her to rest and that he was taking her to the infirmary, so since she was a little bit awake, she hold on more tightly to John. (Of course we don’t see this happening, but that’s what i think, in my head, that happened, that’s the perfect explanation for her to be holding him like that. )
            Hmm, thats good thinking there

sigpic

Comment

Did they mention anything about Elizabeth, even if it wasn’t “ship” related?
              Good question, and I'm also curious as to where I can find reviews. There aren't any for the last book on Amazon. I heard they brought Elizabeth back in some capacity, but details are sketchy. Considering how she was treated in that author's fanfic, I'm a bit nervous. Oh but wait, aren't they trying to make us believe they like her? LOL *insert extremely sarcastic face here*
              sigpic

Comment

Not a fan so don't much care... I prefer Atlantis Rising, at least that's a season that does it right. Damn it!
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good question, and I'm also curious as to where I can find reviews. There aren't any for the last book on Amazon. I heard they brought Elizabeth back in some capacity, but details are sketchy. Considering how she was treated in that author's fanfic, I'm a bit nervous. Oh but wait, aren't they trying to make us believe they like her? LOL *insert extremely sarcastic face here*
                  I am extremely curious to know more about the fate of Elizabeth on these books, i am sure she probably only returned to talk to Rodney and Teyla in their dreams or something similar (i red something about Elizabeth appearing to Teyla as well) and probably that was it.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Not a fan so don't much care... I prefer Atlantis Rising, at least that's a season that does it right. Damn it!
                  Oh definitely! But never the less i can’t help but being curious about the legacy books.
                  sigpic
                  sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Yeah, I think Torri's words on the subject were, "I'm a healthy Welsh girl," or something like that.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    And we couldn't do it without you! *high-fives*

Oh definitely! But never the less i can’t help but being curious about the legacy books.
                    Eh, don't be. Stick to fanfic, you'll stay sane that way.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Yeah, I think Torri's words on the subject were, "I'm a healthy Welsh girl," or something like that.

And we couldn't do it without you! *high-fives*

But those books are fanfic. So stick to good fanfic. *snort*
                      sigpic

Comment

Having seen both Joe and Torri at a con, I can tell you that Torri is super skinny but tall. Joe is also quite slim (and deliciously warm... uh, what I was talking about....). I can totally imagine it was a difficult thing for him to carry her like that.

Comment

I'm interested in reviews too. I'm not going to read this vbook, but 'm very curious what happened to Elizabeth, Rodney, Jennifer and how the Team dynamic was affected./ Some things I heard about these books made me angry (no, not the Sheyla-related ones), and I guess I just want to know if she ruined these characters completely.

Comment

Just feel the need to point out that it's true that Joe is even better looking in person.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              Having seen both Joe and Torri at a con, I can tell you that Torri is super skinny but tall. Joe is also quite slim (and deliciously warm... uh, what I was talking about....). I can totally imagine it was a difficult thing for him to carry her like that.
                              Funny how you seem to work that into every conversation about the man. But I can attest to the fact that you are indeed correct. With all the surfing and skiing and so on, I would imagine that he is very strong. He was surprisingly muscular also. You expect to feel skin and bones, but it's all hard muscle. *fans self*

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
                              I'm interested in reviews too. I'm not going to read this vbook, but 'm very curious what happened to Elizabeth, Rodney, Jennifer and how the Team dynamic was affected./ Some things I heard about these books made me angry (no, not the Sheyla-related ones), and I guess I just want to know if she ruined these characters completely.
                              I don't know for sure, but I gather from some of the reviews of the other books that
                              Spoiler:
                              Elizabeth ascends and then helps Rodney in some way and possibly descends. Of course, I'm sure they would never have her come into contact with John, or if they did, it would be a very business like and cold encounter.

I'm so proud of SGA-R because we haven't let our ship preference change the way we write the characters, and we haven't denied any relationships or changed them to suit our ship ideas.

Just feel the need to point out that it's true that Joe is even better looking in person.
                              What is wrong with you today? Hormone surge? But yes, even Mr. SR said that is true. Hard to believe, I know, but there it is. I was chatting with a nice lady about my age while waiting in line for my pic with Joe at the ChiCon. She had met him before and had been at a Meet and Greet at another con. She warned me that the first glimpse of him would take my breath away. I'm so glad she did, because I was braced when he came walking down the hall right toward us. The camera doesn't do him justice.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Fanfic is definitely more hopeful and it is definitely what makes me smile. I mean i know that i will never be able to “smile” regardless of what they would have written on the legacy books, they totally lack the “sparky spirit”, as we all know, and because of that they would never write the story that i want to read. But never the less i would like to know what they came up in what concerned Elizabeth’s fate.

But those books are fanfic. So stick to good fanfic. *snort*
                                I usually only read Sparky fanfic. And as soon as i saw the legacy books were not that kind of fanfic, i stopped reading them (after the second book).

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
                                I hope i am not spoiling anything for you with what i am about to say, but she was able to ruin Rodney’s character in my opinion.

*drools and faints*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X