Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be continued...

ZOMG!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Is that going to beep until the Wraith get here? Because, OMG.

Shep has had enough. That's it Joe, use all those expensive bullets.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

And thus ends another crackalicious post-a-thon! Thanks to everyone for joining us today, and we hope to see you all next week for The Siege, Part 2! Same Sparky time, same Sparky channel!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Is that going to beep until the Wraith get here? Because, OMG.

Shep has had enough. That's it Joe, use all those expensive bullets.
          Because really, watching Shep use Bob for target practice was totally hot.

Comment

We have lots of visitors, and I see some old friends lurking. I wish you would join in. See everyone later.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              I think Teyla trying to connect with the Wraith was her way of lending a hand in a dire situations, even though I'm sure she knew she wasn't strong enough to pull it off. That's our little Athosian warrior... brave little fighter. And Kate will kiss it all better later...
              True and I like that she does it since TPTB most of the times forgot to give her much else to do. I do wish though that they had kept developing it but since that would have required some imagination on their part it’s a good thing that they at least didn’t forget it completely.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                And thus ends another crackalicious post-a-thon! Thanks to everyone for joining us today, and we hope to see you all next week for The Siege, Part 2! Same Sparky time, same Sparky channel!
                ...and starting the first of three episodes with a whole lot of Sparky moments that no one can deny.
                sigpic

Comment

Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated , I'm still alive and well... And grately annoyed about missin' my THIRD Post-a-thon! Damn you reality!

Comment

We have lots of visitors, and I see some old friends lurking. I wish you would join in. See everyone later.
                    See you later! *waves*

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                    True and I like that she does it since TPTB most of the times forgot to give her much else to do. I do wish though that they had kept developing it but since that would have required some imagination on their part it’s a good thing that they at least didn’t forget it completely.
                    Agreed. Better consistency would've been a big help.

...and starting the first of three episodes with a whole lot of Sparky moments that no one can deny.
                    And probably the best cliffhanger in Atlantis history... followed by the Best. Hug. EVAR!

Comment

I've always been a little peeved over this, that they didn't develop further on that Wraith DNA except when they used it in The Queen (season 4). And in that episode it was just there for the convenience of the story...
                      Though while they let her have that sensing of the Wraith in the beginning, as the show progressed she did tend to loose that ability partially or altogether depending on who wrote the episode.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        And probably the best cliffhanger in Atlantis history... followed by the Best. Hug. EVAR!
                        I know, can’t wait, and then there is the part where John stands up for Elizabeth the same way she does for him, and then it’s the part where John is onboard the Daedalus when he calls out her name after the bomb knocks out all of the communications and of course there is the not-obvious-at-all midnight coffee date on the way back home to Atlantis on top of everything else, I’m telling you, we’re in for a threat we can’t miss the next couple of Sundays.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          I've always been a little peeved over this, that they didn't develop further on that Wraith DNA except when they used it in The Queen (season 4). And in that episode it was just there for the convenience of the story...
                          Though while they let her have that sensing of the Wraith in the beginning, as the show progressed she did tend to loose that ability partially or altogether depending on who wrote the episode.
                          I agree, it could have been such a great part of her character, both on the good side but also on the negative side, kind of if they had taken Teyla’s fears and insecurities that we saw in ‘The Gift’ and spread it out more over more episodes, I mean we only got to see some of it during select moments like you said, and when they stepped onto a planet and she either said “I can’t sense any wraith” or possibly “I can sense wraith” but that’s it, for one it could have been an interesting conversation between Teyla and Ronan since he must have reacted in some way the first time he heard her mention being able to sense if the wraith are close.

Oh, and I can add that they did the same with Elizabeth’s ability to read and understand ancient (though they had her do a lot of that) but it would have been fun to also see her do more with the fact that she also can read wraith languish, that was only brought up in ‘The Gift’ but I’m sure they could have used it many other times.
                          Last edited by Brie; 27 May 2012, 02:25 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                            OMG! Hispter!Joe!!!!

Okayyy, before I head to bed, I have a little snippet for all of you guys. (Shhhhh, don't tell PTB that I, and most of the fandom writers, can handle that little thing called continuity better than them. Also, I am totally channeling my inner Joss Whedon!)

Spoiler:
                            It took her ten minutes, or more, to find the lab according to Rodney's written instructions, but once she got there, Teyla was glad she had the patience to decipher the scientist's handwriting.

“Ah, you're here,” Rodney said when he glanced at her as she entered, then returned his attention to a panel in front of him. “This is so weird,” he was typing away on his pad, “nothing I tried had worked, and trust me, I tried a lot of things,” he said.

“Aha,” Teyla answered, too stunned to even move from the entrance.

Rodney had said this laboratory was vastly different than anything they'd encountered so far, but still, Teyla wasn't prepared for what she saw. The walls were plain, they were just walls, but the remarkable thing about them was the writing. Handwriting, to be more precise. There were words, notes, everywhere, except the high ceiling and highest parts of the walls, everywhere a human hand could reach there were words written in Ancient. Hand – written. She was turning around, observing, while words were jumping off the walls at her – time, sleep, returning. Box.

“Box of dreams,” Teyla read, staring at the writing directly above Rodney's head.

“Yes, um, that term seems to repeat a couple of times,” Rodney turned to her. “Didn't know you could read -”

Teyla felt the familiar pang of regret as she looked at him, as she could safely guess what he was thinking while he was giving her that uncommon, vulnerable look.

“Elizabeth taught me,” she smiled sadly, “She was translating various files from Ancient's database and she often asked me about various matters. If my people were familiar with some things. That is how she started teaching me – well, actually, I knew the basics from before, but -”

Rodney nodded quickly. “Yeah, I get it.”

“What is box of dreams?” Teyla asked, wishing to change the subject of their conversation.
                            *flails in glee* ZOMG, you're killing me here! I love how this scene is Teyla and Rodney. Aside from that adorkable scene in Tao of Rodney, we never really got to see a whole lot of the two of them bonding, so this is a really nice moment to see. And my poor little heart is wibbling at them remembering our Lizzeh. *sniffles*

So, when are we going to see the finished product?

Comment

Got home from the farewell party. Had a lot of fun! Went swimming and threw some kids in the pool. Good exercise. Now, as I do not have to wake up at the crack o' dawn tomorrow for work, I'm letting myself stay up late and work on fic and videos.

And one night late, but finally! "Return of the Jedi" is on Spike!

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                              ZOMG!!! So awesome! Thanks, Pocus, and good to see you!!!

As a matter of fact, you should tighten up your spyware, and I would advise everyone to stay away, stay far away until we fix it. Mr. SR found 2000 corrupted files on SGA-R. We don't know if someone deliberately hacked our site or if it's the host site and just bled over to us. It's a bit like Elizabeth's nanites. LOL
                              I'll get my EM field generator ready.

On Sunday, it's got silly shipping, a PJ party, guys playing tag and friends being mean to friends. Why would you think it was written by a 12 year old girl?
                              *cracks up*

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              OMG! Hispter!Joe!!!!

Okayyy, before I head to bed, I have a little snippet for all of you guys. (Shhhhh, don't tell PTB that I, and most of the fandom writers, can handle that little thing called continuity better than them. Also, I am totally channeling my inner Joss Whedon!)

*snipped*
                              SQUEE!!! Love scenes like this, between characters who didn't get enough onscreen time during S1-S5. Lovely! Looking forward to the rest of it!!!

And my favorite line during the post-a-thon goes to Southern Red:

Shep going too far is oddly hot. *fans self*
                              Now off to watch Luke kick Vader's butt and write some fic. I've left "M51-936" in some dire straits ...

Comment

Posting some screen caps I nabbed during a quick rewatch ... Spoilered for size:

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X