Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Because TPTW are masochists, I guess. They obviously seem to like it whenever we start threatening to tar and feather them for the boneheaded things they do.
    How very true. Unfortunately for the franchise.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
      Why in the name of all that is holy would they write one of the flirtiest scenes in the entire show between any two characters and then claim they are not being shipped.

In all honesty I might have not minded Elizabeth staying with Simon if it weren't for all the chemirsty Joe and Torri had on screen. And the fact every time I see Garwin Sanford, I always think of the whack job he played in an episode of Highlander: The Series.
      Because they didn't consider that, or any scene with them, to be flirty. Think about it. Gero came out, all shocked that we broke the interwebz got all excited over the hug and felt he had to say "Sometimes a hug is just a hug". It was only in hindsight, like in the comments on the commentary for Coup d'Etat, that they saw the flirtiness. And remember that was S2. Then they STILL went on to say they would never ship them and wrote them in a non-shippy way.

But I've always said, considering how they wrote McKeller and Teyla/Kanaan, we're better off.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Yay for passing the 119,000 posts line.

And... Deliberate repost because it's the 'Epic Carry to the Infirmary' money shot again!

I NEVER get tired of watching that scene. NEVER EVER. Gods help us when we get to "Echoes" on the post-a-thon, because as soon as we're done, I swear I'm gonna be rewinding my Blu-ray to watch that scene over and over again.
        Haha, yeah I never get tired of it either and the whole ‘Echoes’ episode is epic.

Why in the name of all that is holy would they write one of the flirtiest scenes in the entire show between any two characters and then claim they are not being shipped.
        Because TPTW are masochists, I guess. They obviously seem to like it whenever we start threatening to tar and feather them for the boneheaded things they do.
        Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Because they didn't consider that, or any scene with them, to be flirty. Think about it. Gero came out, all shocked that we broke the interwebz got all excited over the hug and felt he had to say "Sometimes a hug is just a hug". It was only in hindsight, like in the comments on the commentary for Coup d'Etat, that they saw the flirtiness. And remember that was S2. Then they STILL went on to say they would never ship them and wrote them in a non-shippy way.
        The whole thing is so weird, and it’s especially weird that they didn’t even seem to have seen it themselves, not when they wrote any of those scenes but also when they must have seen the episodes when they were done yet they still didn’t see it and acted all surprised by it.

But I've always said, considering how they wrote McKeller and Teyla/Kanaan, we're better off.
        To true, sometimes it’s better to be able to imagine something that having it ruined by people who don’t really know what they are doing anyway, though I have to admit that I will never understand why they never took advantage of what they had instead of all the time s they tried to force it out from people who may not have had the same great chemistry.
        sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Indeed. Keep the shipping in the hands of fans who will treat the characters with respect instead of lobotomizing them, and write stories that actually make sense.

Originally posted by Brie View Post
          To true, sometimes it’s better to be able to imagine something that having it ruined by people who don’t really know what they are doing anyway, though I have to admit that I will never understand why they never took advantage of what they had instead of all the time s they tried to force it out from people who may not have had the same great chemistry.
          It's like Joe Flanigan said. Ego and vanity.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Morning Scary Kitty!

True, and I know it’s not uncommon in showbiz but it was defiantly a lot more obvious when it comes to SG, it also sucks when ego and vanity etc. of a few hurt many others, not just the fans but also the cast and the rest of the crew because it’s so obvious when you see BTS stuff that they loved the show and really enjoyed working on it which is a big reason why fans wanted to watch it and when something gets in the way of that it affects everyone.

Speaking of something funnier yet in some way the same, I must say that I just love all of the behind the scenes videos and pics we got during the show, again it really does show that they all got along great and had a lot of fun working on the show. I also loved how we got to see parts of their first kind of script-reading meeting before they started filming:

(from ‘Profile on Paul McGillion’)
            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, everybody! Feeling a little bit better today, but we'll see if it holds out. I may actually make some more fic, if I'm feeling better later.

Nighty-night, ShipperWriter, and pleasant Sparky dreams!
              Not sure if this counts, but:
              Spoiler:
              I had a dream I was in a burning house, and being a moron, I ran inside and grabbed my computer because it had all my sci-fi stuff saved on it. I didn't die ... but it was very startling that out of everything I own, that was what I grabbed.

So kinda Sparky-ish.

What? Didn't you know? John Sheppard is a womanizer.

*goes and washes mouth out with soap*

In all honesty I might have not minded Elizabeth staying with Simon if it weren't for all the chemirsty Joe and Torri had on screen. And the fact every time I see Garwin Sanford, I always think of the whack job he played in an episode of Highlander: The Series.
              True. And I agree on the second line of thought, because I just watched the first episode of "Eureka" that Garwin Sanford was in, and now I see him as a smarmy politician, the complete opposite of who I would see Elizabeth with, and I'm transfering those scenes onto Simon. Yikes.

Well, hindsight is 20/20.

And that's it, exactly. Use what you got! If you have two people who are friends and get along well, but the romantic chemistry is zilch, then why try to continually ship them? Sometimes, I think people (and this is in general) want something to happen so badly that they trick themselves into thinking that it's the real deal. But when the sparks fly without any effort, and you throw it away?

That's all I got to say 'bout that. *nod*

Indeed. Keep the shipping in the hands of fans who will treat the characters with respect instead of lobotomizing them, and write stories that actually make sense.
              What is this "sense" that you speak of?

Reminds me of one of the best lines I've ever heard. From "Eureka": "Does your ego even fit in the building?!"

Speaking of something funnier yet in some way the same, I must say that I just love all of the behind the scenes videos and pics we got during the show, again it really does show that they all got along great and had a lot of fun working on the show. I also loved how we got to see parts of their first kind of script-reading meeting before they started filming:

http://i41.tinypic.com/293tt8o.jpg
              http://i42.tinypic.com/29g0diw.jpg
              Oh cool! I'd never seen those before! Is there video for the first time meeting?

Comment

Yay for passing the 119,000 posts line.

Haha, yeah I never get tired of it either and the whole ‘Echoes’ episode is epic.

The whole thing is so weird, and it’s especially weird that they didn’t even seem to have seen it themselves, not when they wrote any of those scenes but also when they must have seen the episodes when they were done yet they still didn’t see it and acted all surprised by it.
                It's pretty common knowledge that the vast majority of them never watched the completed shows. On all the commentaries you hear the actors admit it, and I would be willing to bet TPTB didn't either. A lot of the shippy stuff came from editing, I think.

Sounds like the definition of insanity to me, doing the same thing over and over hoping for a different result.

Morning Scary Kitty!

True, and I know it’s not uncommon in showbiz but it was defiantly a lot more obvious when it comes to SG, it also sucks when ego and vanity etc. of a few hurt many others, not just the fans but also the cast and the rest of the crew because it’s so obvious when you see BTS stuff that they loved the show and really enjoyed working on it which is a big reason why fans wanted to watch it and when something gets in the way of that it affects everyone.

http://i41.tinypic.com/293tt8o.jpg
                http://i42.tinypic.com/29g0diw.jpg
                I've never seen those either. Now I have to go watch that feature. And look at Joe in both pics. Follow his eyes. Chemistry from across the room. Just two colleagues who barely knew each other exchanging a few words. But take a pic of it and the chemistry leaps off the page.
                Last edited by Rosehawk; 24 April 2012, 06:25 PM. Reason: Remove IMG tags
                sigpic

Comment

I glad to hear that you’re feeling ShipperWriter, that it’s heading in the right direction I mean.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                  Oh cool! I'd never seen those before! Is there video for the first time meeting?
                  It’s defiantly worth watching, there is a whole scene of it on the bonus feature called ‘Profile on Paul McGillion’, and I’m not sure but I think it’s on the season 1 DVD, there is also cute scene from ‘Critical Mass’ when Paul spins Jamie (Laura) around while they filmed and there is some funny Paul and David stuff, I haven’t seen all the bonus features yet but those I have seen I loved, David’s was good, and I loved Rainbow’s diary videos and what he said about the cast, I was especially moved about what he said about Torri which was so sweet but also about the rest of them.

I've never seen those either. Now I have to go watch that feature. And look at Joe in both pics. Follow his eyes. Chemistry from across the room. Just two colleagues who barely knew each other exchanging a few words. But take a pic of it and the chemistry leaps off the page.
                  I know, and I really wish they could have kept the camera rolling so we got to see Joe and Torri introducing themselves to one another (though I dunno if it was the first time they meet or not but either way it was where he was heading, the scene is showing Joe shaking hands with Paul)
                  sigpic

Comment

sigpic
                    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Okay, that was interesting. I had seen the Paul McG special when I first got the S2 DVDs but had forgotten it. It was lovely. A couple of things stood out and made me *headdesk*.

Martin Gero says, "You can't manufacture chemistry." speaking about Paul and David. I guess he doesn't apply that to anyone else.

And MG also said, and I swear I am not making this up, that they will have "many more seasons to get to know Beckett". Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he the one who KILLED HIM OFF? He said a lot of lovely things, all true, about Paul and yet he still wanted to kill him just to shake things up. So that's what someone's adulation and praise is worth in show business. I see.
                      sigpic

Comment

Okay, that was interesting. I had seen the Paul McG special when I first got the S2 DVDs but had forgotten it. It was lovely. A couple of things stood out and made me *headdesk*.

Martin Gero says, "You can't manufacture chemistry." speaking about Paul and David. I guess he doesn't apply that to anyone else.
                        Yeah, I know, and it sad, there wasn’t just a lot of potential couple chemistry that they missed but there was also a lot of friendship chemistry that they should have explored more.

And MG also said, and I swear I am not making this up, that they will have "many more seasons to get to know Beckett". Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he the one who KILLED HIM OFF? He said a lot of lovely things, all true, about Paul and yet he still wanted to kill him just to shake things up. So that's what someone's adulation and praise is worth in show business. I see.
                        I think I must have made myself forget about that because it made me mad but you’re absolutely right and that was just one of many things that were said but that later got changed for really no reason.

I must say that I really wished that they would have also had a profile on Joe and Torri, they had something special about everyone else, Paul, David and Rachel had profiles, Jason had an introduction (though I don’t think I’ve seen that yet) and Rainbow had his diary cam thing, it would have been fun to get something on the shows leads as well, and I know they had an interview with Joe in season 5 but no one knew by then if they would even make a season 5 so it’s not the same.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I know, and it sad, there wasn’t just a lot of potential couple chemistry that they missed but there was also a lot of friendship chemistry that they should have explored more.

I think I must have made myself forget about that because it made me mad but you’re absolutely right and that was just one of many things that were said but that later got changed for really no reason.

I must say that I really wished that they would have also had a profile on Joe and Torri, they had something special about everyone else, Paul, David and Rachel had profiles, Jason had an introduction (though I don’t think I’ve seen that yet) and Rainbow had his diary cam thing, it would have been fun to get something on the shows leads as well, and I know they had an interview with Joe in season 5 but no one knew by then if they would even make a season 5 so it’s not the same.
                          I wish they had too and believe me, we begged them for it for years. But, considering the behind the scenes stuff, I'm surprised they did one on Joe at all. It used to be fascinating to me to watch the commentaries and see how they would avoid mentioning him. They almost never did unless it was one of the directors in the last 2 seasons.
                          sigpic

Comment

Wow! Brie, thanks for the reminder about the DVD special features. I vaguely remember watching them back when I first got my DVD sets, but I haven't watched any of them since. I should probably remedy that.

Martin Gero's blindness to certain obvious truths pisses me off. And that's all I'm gonna say about it.

I wish they had too and believe me, we begged them for it for years. But, considering the behind the scenes stuff, I'm surprised they did one on Joe at all. It used to be fascinating to me to watch the commentaries and see how they would avoid mentioning him. They almost never did unless it was one of the directors in the last 2 seasons.
                            *snorts* Gee, I guess the real reason they got rid of Torri was so that they wouldn't have to do a DVD feature on her. And how very interesting that it's at the same time that Joe essentially became persona non grata to certain members of the production staff...
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                              Oh, and FH???

I forgot to mention. That post was evil.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Another thing that tells of how bad things were was the fact that there were no actors commentaries on the season 3 DVD (I don’t know how many there were for season 4-5) considering how many character oriented episode there was, that’s why I prefer the commentaries for the first two seasons, especially those that some if not only the cast members did.

Wow! Brie, thanks for the reminder about the DVD special features. I vaguely remember watching them back when I first got my DVD sets, but I haven't watched any of them since. I should probably remedy that.

Martin Gero's blindness to certain obvious truths pisses me off. And that's all I'm gonna say about it.
                                You’re welcome and it’s always great to go back to see them, especially the once from season 1-3 when everything was still “great” (well, season 4-5 were great too but you know what I mean).

*snorts* Gee, I guess the real reason they got rid of Torri was so that they wouldn't have to do a DVD feature on her. And how very interesting that it's at the same time that Joe essentially became persona non grata to certain members of the production staff...
                                Yeah, the sad part was that they got read of her for a pretty equally ridiculous reason, same with Paul.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X