Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melyanna
    PIRATES!!! No, no, no, cannot get sucked into another AU when Spygate is already sucking my life away. (Yes, this Spygate fic will be finished soon!) But piracy! Eeeee!!!

But here's the question, not meant for anyone to think that I'm actually considering doing this –*is Elizabeth the captured damsel, or is she running the ship?

*wanders off singing "It is, it is a glorious thing to be a pirate king..."*
    oohh ohh .... she is so running the ship .... she would be great as a lady pirate... remember Geena Davis in cutthroat island.... well thats what liz would be like in that situatiion.... i think
    ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

PIRATES!!! No, no, no, cannot get sucked into another AU when Spygate is already sucking my life away. (Yes, this Spygate fic will be finished soon!) But piracy! Eeeee!!!

But here's the question, not meant for anyone to think that I'm actually considering doing this – is Elizabeth the captured damsel, or is she running the ship?

Come on, Mel... you know you want to...

Oh, Elizabeth is definitely running the ship. Can't you just see her, surrounded by Lorne and the boys, facing down the roguish captain of another ship, John Sheppard. They're always trying to outwit each other, beat each other to loot and plunder, yet they are drawn to each other.

Somebody stop me.
      ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
      The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

But here's the question, not meant for anyone to think that I'm actually considering doing this – is Elizabeth the captured damsel, or is she running the ship?

"Hail, hail... the gang's all here..."

Either way would be fine... Arr... arr...
        I can see it... hmmm...

But I was thinking more about Atlantis style pirates rather than the golden age of piracy... However, I wouldn't mind seeing Sheppard brandishing a sword. For that reason alone, I might be able to squeeze in the occasional AU fic...
        sigpic
        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by LurkerLa

Oh, Elizabeth is definitely running the ship. Can't you just see her, surrounded by Lorne and the boys, facing down the roguish captain of another ship, John Sheppard. They're always trying to outwit each other, beat each other to loot and plunder, yet they are drawn to each other.

Somebody stop me.
          Why?
          You're doing so well...
          sigpic
          "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
            Why?
            You're doing so well...
            Yeah, well I hadn't gotten to the part of them both being in town one evening, slipping off for a night of passion, and then in the morning Elizabeth leaving him tied up naked in the room while she goes off to beat him to plunder.

What is it about this pair that makes us want to throw them into so many different AUs?
            ~La (I used to be a lurker, but this place just sucks you in...)
            The Nameless Forest. Also, my LJ, where you can find my fic attempts.

Comment

Somebody stop me.
              Yes, someone stop us before I get out my libretto for The Pirates of Penzance and start writing parody lyrics. Fortunately, I think the roles of most of the characters would be a lot more difficult to determine in a setting like this.

Again with the hypothetical, but we have to figure that Captains John Sheppard and Lizzie Weir decide to, er, combine assets at some point, right?

Pirates! *tries not to bounce too much*
              Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
              Last update: 14 April 2006
              Melyanna's Multimedia
              Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Yeah, well I hadn't gotten to the part of them both being in town one evening, slipping off for a night of passion, and then in the morning Elizabeth leaving him tied up naked in the room while she goes off to beat him to plunder.

What is it about this pair that makes us want to throw them into so many different AUs?
                becuase they have sucha diverse angle and the characters have not been set in stone, so we can play with them... and their personalities suit almost anything that we can come up with....
                ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

*spews drink* La, you're coming over here to clean up my monitor...

I don't know, but it's really fun. I guess it's because these AUs let us explore sides of the characters that we wouldn't get to see in the show very often.

I know a lot of people have been drawn to Langford!Sparky because in that one, Elizabeth really gets to be herself. She's not closing herself off because she has to be strong in the face of adversity. Her worst fears are cranky law students. And John's just a big math geek in that one, which I find highly amusing.

And for me, Spygate is all about putting all of Elizabeth and John's skills to the test with high-level espionage. Elizabeth especially is so very fun to write in it, even if writing all this action is killing me. (It's good practice for something, I tell myself.) And it's really funny how the tables are turned in it, with her the expert and him the novice, her the somewhat reckless one and him having to pull her out of bad situations from time to time.

So, er, yes. AUs are fun.
                  Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Hi, am I nerdy or what,I came up with another AU sort of, where the Atlantis characters are all D&D characters. I mean I think it'd be a little interesting, but I don't know if anyone else would agree with me and these were a few basic things that I thought of:

Elizabeth-Human-Paliadan (lawful good)
                    John-Human-Fighter (lawful good)
                    Ronan-Half Elf-Ranger (chaotic neutral)
                    Teyla-Half Elf- Fighter or Ranger (haven't thought of her alignment)
                    Rodney-Human-Wizard (lawful evil)

Alright, that's all I've got, anyone else, or am I just a big nerd?
                    McKay: I'm invulnerable!
                    Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
                    McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

First icon made by Cathain Nottingham and last 4 made by ToasterOnFire
                    My LJ My Fanfic My Homeschooling Blog

Comment

*pops head in*

Well I am finally biting the bullet and have decided to post in here. I have been lurking in here for quite a while so I thought it was about time I posted.

I saw hints of shep/weir in S1 and now I have seen the first 2 eps of S2 I am totally hooked! John/Liz, John/Liz

I probably won't post a lot, I hardly get to post over at the Sam/Jack shipper thread anymore (yep, I am a huge Sam/Jack shipper too )... but I will try!

Oh and *waves to Sue*… I see you have posted in here too!

~Tracey~

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

You guys are cracking me up with the whole pirate thing

Comment

And in the Age Of Empires III PC game there's a character called Lizzie and she's the captain of a pirate ship

Comment

"Hail, hail... the gang's all here..."
                            Hee. *is a Gilbert and Sullivan nut* I actually got to see The Pirates of Penzance at the Chicago Lyric Opera last year. 'Twas quite a spectacle.

But I was thinking more about Atlantis style pirates rather than the golden age of piracy... However, I wouldn't mind seeing Sheppard brandishing a sword. For that reason alone, I might be able to squeeze in the occasional AU fic...
                            Yeah, I knew what you meant, but the other way's fun too. I've loved ships (yes, the kind with sails) since I was very young, and I've about decided that it's for the same reason that I love sci-fi. I love stories of groups of people isolated together and having to learn to work together. That's probably why I like Shep/Weir so much – this relationship is really the epitome of that concept.

Anyway... Yes, Elizabeth and John in a sword fight. That would be a sight to see.
                            Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Yes, someone stop us before I get out my libretto for The Pirates of Penzance and start writing parody lyrics. Fortunately, I think the roles of most of the characters would be a lot more difficult to determine in a setting like this.

Again with the hypothetical, but we have to figure that Captains John Sheppard and Lizzie Weir decide to, er, combine assets at some point, right?

Pirates! *tries not to bounce too much*
                              Well, I'm sure that Lizzie could use her 'diplomatic skills' to convince John to 'combine assets' at some point. After all, she is very persuasive.

Visit the stargate_pad LJ community; a pairing a day for the stargate fandom.

Comment

Originally posted by weirfan517
                                Hi, am I nerdy or what,I came up with another AU sort of, where the Atlantis characters are all D&D characters. I mean I think it'd be a little interesting, but I don't know if anyone else would agree with me and these were a few basic things that I thought of:

Elizabeth-Human-Paliadan (lawful good)
                                John-Human-Fighter (lawful good)
                                Ronan-Half Elf-Ranger (chaotic neutral)
                                Teyla-Half Elf- Fighter or Ranger (haven't thought of her alignment)
                                Rodney-Human-Wizard (lawful evil)

Alright, that's all I've got, anyone else, or am I just a big nerd?
                                I agree with everyone accept John...i would have him as Human-Fighter-Rogue (chaotic good)

Comment

Working...
                                X